Two group stage exits in a row. :D 

Still better than Italy though!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Spain are rubbish. Worse than anything England have put out in the tournament yet Neville and Souness were ******* themselves silly over them at half time.

Come on :D

They're clearly a good team but there's obvious flaws with how they play their football and weaknesses to exploit.

2 minutes ago, JJ72 said:

But he wouldn't have been in position to score if he'd not been offside at the first pass.

Reminds me of a goal C.Ronaldo scored for Real, he was down on the floor close to the touch line, he got up and wandered in field, he must have been 10-20 yards offside when the ball was played to someone else.

As soon as the ball reached his team mate he ran completely unopposed down the centre of the pitch to score a tap in off a cross by the player who was onside. The goal stood, it was unbelievable. 

Just now, Mickybricks14 said:

How can you beat Germany and Spain but lose to Costa Rica?!

As a great man once said: Football bloody hell

In Brazil we call this kind of team (beat strong teams, lose to weak ones) Robin Hood teams. :D 

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Sorry to disappoint you lads, but this is just all about Dalić being the luckiest human being to walk this planet.

:lol:

I'm not sure if I'd rather play tonight's Japan or Spain tbh. I'd say we're only a slight favourite. Japan is pacey as hell.

Kind of hillarious how both Japan matches were just to quote FM a quickfire double early in the second half.

Just now, kpain16 said:

I'm not sure if I'd rather play tonight's Japan or Spain tbh. I'd say we're only a slight favourite. Japan is pacey as hell.

55-45 for us, I'd say.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just now, ginnybob said:

Oh FFS. Daughter now happy that Spain are through but my son is gutted now because he loves Germany*

*He loves German cars. Also Japanese cars. So a bitter-sweet night for him

A vasectomy was your better choice some years ago I think :D

4 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Come on :D

They're clearly a good team but there's obvious flaws with how they play their football and weaknesses to exploit.

Spain were worse in this game than England were against USA. Passed it around pointlessly all game, especially after Morata went off.

Just now, martinji said:

Banging on about not showing us the controversial goal line question.  FGS I think most of us want a bit more focus on the achievement of the Japanese rather than this

Made me laugh when they talked about nobody could have seen this happen. Have they not seen Japan have a proper good go at big European sides before? Always a chance they had enough energy and technique to give Spain a good game if they did OK at the back, especially considering Spain were already qualified for the next round

Losing to Costa Rica and beating Germany and Spain :lol:

Great tense game, until that late chance Spain didn't even create another big chance. I don't watch Spain much but I'd heard they were more positive in possession now, that was mostly quite stale.

1 minute ago, JJ72 said:

Europeans too

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

They lost in the last 16 at Euro 2020. I think. Can't quite remember what happened. :D

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

He’s counting the Euros

I completely forgot those. :D 

5 minutes ago, JJ72 said:

What a night. Germany deservedly go out. Were poor all tournament. Even tonight, they played at 3/4 speed all night.  Looked like they couldn't be bothered

Huh? Their tempo from word go was high. Should’ve been 3-0 up after 10 minutes. 2nd half started off poorly, assume with mindset of we’re not getting 7 goals now. 

Edited by pearcey_90

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

image.png.65b70f8b72a3434fb2683ea133c7b535.png

Brazil wins G and Portugal wins H.

Brazil - Uruguay/Ghana and Portugal - Switzerland/Serbia.

Feels like Brazil and Argentina have a somewhat clear path to the semis.

It seems we will have a pretty high amount of non-European/non-SA teams in the R16, which is very nice.