Croatia vs Belgium & Canada vs Morocco - 3pm GMT

Darius1998

LINEUPS

Fi5WHFZXwAAJeuy?format=jpg&name=small

Fi5YQYxXkAUToo5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Croatia only need a draw to qualify while Belgium need a win or a draw and a Canada win against Morocco by at least 4 goals.

Fi5XN2vX0Ag77cH?format=jpg&name=small

Fi5XKyUXwAAJ-Rn?format=jpg&name=small

Morocco can qualify with a draw or if they lose by less than 4 goals. They can also top the group should they win and the other game results in a draw or a Belgian win.

AS IT STANDS

image.png.8048519a90b150f1b0ddef30875198ef.png

Edited by Darius1998

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got no clue what to expect.

Martinez realized it's his final match if he fails and made a lot of changes. Teams with top players usually come together in times like this and offer one more big performance, Belgium certainly has the quality.
But then again, they never looked like a team with national pride factor etc, one of the reasons they always fell short.

Should be a good match.

Then there's Anthony Taylor...:rolleyes:

Canada will still play for points, they don't want to leave the tournament with a 0 since they had a better showing than a lot of teams, some of which even qualified.

Also, there's the fact that Croatia usually fails must win group matches, winning against Scotland on last EURO was the first qualification on final matchday. It's either first place or shambles. :D

Edited by GunmaN1905

All the pressure is off Canada. Think they'll give it everything against a tough Moroccan team and finish off with a historic World Cup win... yet I still have Morocco going through.

This looks like the end for Belgium's Plastic Generation. Croatia's transition from one generation to the next has been much smoother, and the greater hunger in their team will finish off Mertens, Witsel, Vertonghen and Olderweield (all younger than Modric, by the way ;)).

Edited by CFuller

Canada will probably come out attacking and be full of pressing but their defence will let them down

not sure about Belgium V Croatia, Croatia played well against Canada and Belgium haven't played well in both of their games.  The pace of Belgium's defenders could be the key

Hoping for a Belgian and a Moroccan win. Not that I am such a fan of this Belgian team, but Croatia have once more taken that criminal Domagoj Vida with them, so deserve the loss. 

And Morocco have Nous and Hakim, some of my favourite players :)

Just now, DJ said:

Hoping for a Belgian and a Moroccan win. Not that I am such a fan of this Belgian team, but Croatia have once more taken that criminal Domagoj Vida with them, so deserve the loss. 

And Morocco have Nous and Hakim, some of my favourite players :)

Still failing to realise what winking means in our culture I see :lol:

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Similar to the French goal, I'm not sure the offside player makes a difference to what the defender does.

They should change the rule and keep it like this, but it goes against what they did before the tournament and rule change wasn't announced. Checking manually makes it even worse.

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Similar to the French goal, I'm not sure the offside player makes a difference to what the defender does.

The offside player challenges the defender for the ball, I don't think you can get much closer to "active participation" without actually touching the ball than that.

Just now, Freakiie said:

The offside player challenges the defender for the ball, I don't think you can get much closer to "active participation" without actually touching the ball than that.

Yeah, I was looking at the other one at first.