How do you deal with the sack?

How do you deal with facing the sack/being sacked in Football Manager?

There isn't a poll option for the thread, but these are probably the possibilities:

A) Make self unsackable with in-game editor.

B) Savescum by replaying matches until you win or keep redoing discussion with the board until they don't sack you.

C) Reincarnate yourself as a new manager - twin, son etc - and join the same club as a new manager.

D) Game over. Start brand new game.

E) Keep playing as the manager and apply for a job with a different club.

F) Something else.

D or E, based on what type of save I'm doing. I often play challenges, and getting the boot mostly function as a natural end for the run. If I play a more journeman type save, I just try to find another club.

You can get sacked in FM?

It's been so long since that happened I can barely remember.  It's annoying if you're intending to make it a one club save, but that's just FM's way of telling you that really you wanted to do a journeyman save all along.

In a journeyman I'm quite disappointed if I don't get sacked once or twice - it all adds to the narrative.

The last time it happened to me on a one club save I retook over as Emperor Palpatine and then got rid of every senior player at the club as was doing a youth only save and it was the older players who were the problem anyway. Was extremely satisfying, not gonna lie.

I remember back in the days of FM on PSP, I was playing as Man United because I wanted to play as a club with money for once. I got sacked after performing abysmally.

In the ultimate revenge, I went to Manchester City (before they had money) and won the league.

I didn't really like Manchester United before, but I despised them after that.

F) Revenge

i was Arsenal, won the league first season, start of second season i wanted to sign Haaland, i couldnt afford him but only just, i had loads of money in the bank though, so i ask the board and they say no, i thought stuff it, ill give them an ultimatum, sign him or lose me, and they decided to let me go...

Very soon after, they signed him, for the price i negotiated and everything. It was probably a bug, this was fm22, but i was still mad and wanted to get revenge, never did though lol

Full scorched earth and vow to have my revenge in this life or the next.

Depends on the save file really, if it's a one club save like my main save idea and it goes sideways then if I'm sacked I'll just start a new save file with a different idea. If this happens I would never attempt the save again, at least not on the same release.

If it's a journeyman then obviously just carry on and apply elsewhere.

I will admit to using the in-game editor and making myself unsackable at times over the years if I'm using a custom database for a one club save from obscurity in like tier 8 of somewhere.

I normally have around three or four ideas for saves each release though.

I don't remember ever playing the game and not being sacked. 

Previously, I would add myself to the same team as a new incarnation of the same manager, Dr Who-style.

I've just been sacked in my current game. My problem was that I was too successful in my first season. I was supposed to bravely fight relegation, but got promoted via playoff, after scraping into 8th place in the league. My players weren't able to keep up with my managerial brilliance and we got relegated on the final day of the season.

I have the in-game editor, but hadn't activated the unsackable edit as I wanted to see if I could survive without cheating. I was hoping I'd be able to save after the final game and activate it if sacked before the sacking message came through, but, alas, the message came through immediately. So I'll reload the save from before the game, activate unsackable and go on holiday for the weekend, trying to match the result of the game.

Actually, with the in-game editor, I can just move myself back to the same club - essentially get rehired.

I can imagine that my chairman is highly temperamental and prone to emotional outbursts, and he ripped up my contract in a fit of pique, before coming to his senses.