Tunisia vs France & Australia vs Denmark - BBC1/2 - 3PM GMT KO

craigcwwe

Fancied Denmark to have another long run here. Very disappointing.

Would honestly have rather seen them pull out for the tournament and properly stand up for what they believe in. But instead of refusing to play in Qatar, they're just... refusing to play in Qatar.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Think it's quite easy to explain really, they have strong name recognition, semi finalists 4 years ago so easy to just lump them in with the other favourites if you're not following international football too closely and tbh mot fans will only pay attention to their own country because there is only so many hours in a day :D 

And doing ok in the Nations League. They are the sort of team that might not break down a packed defence every game but they should be better than this.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

The worst Australian team for 20+ years, I said.

Boy, was I wrong. :lol:

Looking at where the team plays, their records at club level, this is the worst team of the five sent since we returned to the world cup 2006.

I am happy, I am shocked. I am stunned. I really never expected this. A stunning result, totally stunning

Haha, geddon Aussies! :D

This may just make Denmark the tournament's biggest disappointment. If Argentina fail to top their group tonight, then they can look back and regret missing out on a potential quarter-final really.

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

No goal. You'd think Tunisia were going through the way that they are celebrating that. 

you'd think somebody in the crowd would have a radio on them? or an app to check the scores :D

although beating France is a big achievement, even if it's 2nd rate France

• Administrators
Just now, av3ry said:

Does it matter if the goal gets ruled out? Tunisia will still be out, right?

Pride for Tunisia, since it used to be a French protectorate.

• Administrators

As it stands, Poland v Australia and France v Argentina on the other side of the draw.

Saudi Arabia could still sneak in there somewhere depending on results.

Win and a draw for Poland / Argentina sees a Saudi v Aussie R16 game, or a win for Poland and draw for Saudi sees them vs France.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

As it stands, Poland v Australia and France v Argentina on the other side of the draw.

Saudi Arabia could still sneak in there somewhere depending on results.

Win and a draw for Poland / Argentina sees a Saudi v Aussie R16 game, or a win for Poland and draw for Saudi sees them vs France.

You're oversimplifying the whole thing, A lot :D

image.png.5374b45b2271a7e4569ac08819034d83.png

4 minutes ago, Haguey said:

A goal ruled out after full time sums this group and world cup up :cool:

It was an interesting decision too. Offside player wasn't challenging for the ball or affecting any opponents at all, defender intentionally played the ball because an onside player was challenging for it

Feels like the semi-automated bit of the new system is match officials making it up as they go along.

47 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Denmark should've went through with their boycott threats, tbh.

Would've been heroes today and probably made something happen, now they just look like a joke.

We decided to boycot in on the pitch instead :D 

Terrible tournament by Denmark. Besides a few good moments against France, it has been very bad. Totally bamboozled by rather simple tactics (no disrespect - you deserved the point/win, but it wasn't complicated stuff) by Tunisia and Australia. And most of the tournament has been used for moaning - if not for thefact that it's played in Qatar and all things assosiated with that (no problem with that part), it has been about the weather, France not fielding their best XI in the last game and my absolute favourite: "Some of our players are aout of form". The last one is an acceptable excuse in Sunday League, but at a World Cup? :D 

In the end, it can be concluded, that most people overrated the team due to an amazing EURO last year and two victories over France in a NL campaign, where France wasn't really bothered. And here in Denmark, there were loads of people (some of them actually normal, sane persons) who genuinly believed we had aq chance of winning the whole thing :rolleyes: :D 

39 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

It was an interesting decision too. Offside player wasn't challenging for the ball or affecting any opponents at all, defender intentionally played the ball because an onside player was challenging for it

Feels like the semi-automated bit of the new system is match officials making it up as they go along.

totally agree, was a perfectly good goal for me. 

2 hours ago, Orzelek said:

Terrible tournament by Denmark. Besides a few good moments against France, it has been very bad. Totally bamboozled by rather simple tactics (no disrespect - you deserved the point/win, but it wasn't complicated stuff) by Tunisia and Australia. And most of the tournament has been used for moaning - if not for thefact that it's played in Qatar and all things assosiated with that (no problem with that part), it has been about the weather, France not fielding their best XI in the last game and my absolute favourite: "Some of our players are aout of form". The last one is an acceptable excuse in Sunday League, but at a World Cup? :D 

In the end, it can be concluded, that most people overrated the team due to an amazing EURO last year and two victories over France in a NL campaign, where France wasn't really bothered. And here in Denmark, there were loads of people (some of them actually normal, sane persons) who genuinly believed we had aq chance of winning the whole thing :rolleyes: :D 

They forgot to select Lasse Schöne. Deadly mistake.