Netherlands vs Qatar - Al Bayt Stadium & Ecuador vs Senegal - Khalifa International Stadium 3pm

craigcwwe

FivL3X7WAAACM3T?format=png&name=small

FivL5SnWIAMSwj6?format=png&name=small

Netherlands win and they top the group, Qatar of course, already out. 

Netherlands could still go out but that's rather unlikely so won't get into the permutations there. 

FivL-JvX0AQkbi_?format=png&name=small

FivL_dkWYAMzYGD?format=png&name=small

Simple this one, Ecuador just need to avoid defeat and they qualify for the last 16, Senegal therefore require a win to advance. 

Edited by craigcwwe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• craigcwwe changed the title to Netherlands vs Qatar - 3PM KO - Al Bayt Stadium &

Yeah, I think it's tradition to have one thread for both matches when you get to the final group games.

I'll leave the Dutch to destroy Qatar and concentrate on Ecuador vs Senegal. Though I tipped Senegal to qualify from this group, based on what I've seen so far, I reckon Ecuador will pull off the win. Valencia has defied injury again and will hope to continue his scoring streak.

Edited by CFuller

• craigcwwe changed the title to Netherlands vs Qatar - Al Bayt Stadium & Ecuador vs Senegal - Khalifa International Stadium 3pm
5 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Netherlands lineup looks so... Underwhelming.

But as long as they have that mad genius at the bench, I wouldn't count them out from making a decent run in the knockouts.

It looks like a lineup that's mostly worried about not losing, which is a bit silly against Qatar. Not to mention vGaal apparently not wanting to sub out any of the underperforming players despite some solid (if not even better) alternatives. :idiot:

image.png.77221bbebc57bbd9b718292850c3e6fa.png

PERMUTATIONS:
Netherlands are through if they avoid defeat against Qatar, or they can afford to lose if Ecuador beat Senegal.
Ecuador are through if they avoid defeat against Senegal
Senegal are through if they beat Ecuador; they could go through with a draw but only if Netherlands lose to Qatar and GD ends up in Senegal's favour.

Does that about cover it?

I think de Roon supporting Frenkie de Jong in the center will solve many issues from the previous games. Of course Qatar isn't really an opponent from the category that we will meet in the next round, but there's lessons to be learnt here. 

I also wonder if LvG will allow Xavi Simons and Noa Lang some time. Seems an ideal match for it. 

Just now, Mahzun_Savas said:

I am a bit surprised Ecuador have changed from their back 5 to a back 4. Estupinan getting forward on the left has been a major part of their attacking football. A back 4 would seem to mean he cannot be quite as attacking.

It's certainly an interesting change for them, four points from their first two games and they need to avoid defeat here to advance, could backfire..

Just now, Rob1981 said:

image.png.77221bbebc57bbd9b718292850c3e6fa.png

PERMUTATIONS:
Netherlands are through if they avoid defeat against Qatar, or they can afford to lose if Ecuador beat Senegal.
Ecuador are through if they avoid defeat against Senegal
Senegal are through if they beat Ecuador; they could go through with a draw but only if Netherlands lose to Qatar and GD ends up in Senegal's favour.

Does that about cover it?

Knew you'd have them sorted. :brock:

:thup:

2 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

We need a winger/attacking midfielder signing in Jan. Maybe I need to change my Eredivisie opinion in case it happens...

4 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Gakpo to Leeds :D  Don't think so now.

We had terms agreed with him in the summer but didn't go through with a deal as we had to pay more for Antony than expected. I think we'll go back in for him in January, especially now with Ronaldo gone and a hefty chunk of money saved on his wages. 

13 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Gakpo to Leeds :D  Don't think so now.

We tried quite desperately on deadline day apparently :D PSV and the player himself were rather reluctant. I don't think either have made the wrong decision...