Iran v USA - Al Thumama Stadium, Cymru v England - Ahmad bin Ali Stadium, 7PM UK time.

git2thachoppa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people enjoy watching top level football any more? Over coached and over tacticked nonsense.

It’s so dull. Let the players play.

I blame pep. Every manager wants to be a tactical genius above being a winning manager. 

Edited by Mr Adam

I've been thinking 1 nil all day to England...scrappy game and ugly...it's going that way.

Wales offer nothing apart from men behind the ball, truly woeful side and only Qatar have looked worse overall.

Edited by Rebs

Content with that to be honest. Created one or two really good chances, I know people want more than that but there is no incentive to do so especially as USA are beating Iran. We haven't done anything bad or wrong and really only Rashford or Henderson have been below the standard required.

I hope that Wales actually come out and try and play in the second half. Rob Page has set Wales up in every game like they are San Marino which is such a shame considering it's their first WC in god knows how long. Poor

Just now, cyclonus1010 said:

Robert Page's 4 year contract awarded for getting us to the World Cup gonna be a long 4 years after getting there.

The big benefit will be that this is likely to be the last hurrah for players like Ramsey and Bale. They made it to a World Cup at last, now it's time to move on and let the younger players come through.

Just now, Rebs said:

Imagine being Welsh and having to force yourself to enjoy this tournament the way it's gone ffs.

All this time waiting and we have to watch a team that starts each match with 9 players.

I love Jordan Henderson but it’s clear as day he’s finished at this level.

Id have him off for Grealish but I think it’s more likely Mount will come on for him. Or Gallagher. Actually it’s probably more likely he lasts the 90

Id consider taking Kane off as well. Can’t see him getting thru 7 games and genuinely think in games like this somebody like Wilson will be more effective 

Edited by Mr Adam

Just now, Mr Adam said:

I love Jordan Henderson but it’s clear as day he’s finished at this level.

Id have him off for Grealish but I think it’s more likely Mount will come on for him. Or Gallagher.

Id consider taking Kane off as well. Can’t see him getting thru 7 games and genuinely think in games like this somebody like Wilson will be more effective 

Wilson would tear this defence apart. 

2 minutes ago, Rebs said:

Imagine being Welsh and having to force yourself to enjoy this tournament the way it's gone ffs.

It's like when Giggs was named in the 2012 GB Olympic squad. Complete waste of a spot in the team. 2024 might have to be a write-off as Wales transition their team away from Bale and Ramsey and adapt to new faces in the team but it's something that has to be done.