Need help with my edited leagues

alian62

I have logged this as a bug and its being reviewed but i thought i would ask here too . 

First of all this worked last year so this is why ive logged it as a bug .

I created my own Nation using the United Kingdom as the country to overwrite . I named my nation Australia ( A ) as i want it to run as a separate entity to the A League to which it does and have it play in the Oceania Continent . I did not use any A League teams but have made 3 leagues of 12 teams that are below the A-League to which the first league i created was written over an old Australian league and i am using 10 of the Under 23s from the A League in the leagues below that one . I also created a Oceania Champions League and a Oceania Nations League .

Now in the editor , when i save and verify , it saves it ok but changes the Country name back to the United Kingdom and my First League back to its original name but once i exit and reload the editor the save is back as my created Nation etc ..... And in the game itself it has saved correctly as my created Nation and after 5 years of testing it plays exactly how i want it too .

The Champions League plays fine too even though i have the same issue in the editor .

How i have a lot of hair at my advancing age but its being pulled out recently because for some reason i can not get my National team to get players from my created leagues system . All it does is create new gens ? With no contracts to my teams or nation . Ive changed so many things tto try and get it to work but im at my end of my experience and knowlege now . 

The only thing i can think of is that the editor is bugged which is a possibilty as we all know 

So if any one would like to take a look i would be most appreciated 

Oceania champions League.fmf

Australia A + NPL .fmfOceania Nations.fmf

All of your teams have their Based Nation set to Australia, so they generate newgens based on Australian rules, eg. mostly Australian with some Asian/European/Oceanic dual nationals mixed in. Change the based nation to Australia (A) and they'll generate newgens for Australia (A) instead. Your nation technically has no teams, and as it usually wouldn't exist in game there's no way for Australia (A) nationals to be generated at foreign clubs either, so no newgens.

Also, I'm not sure using the UK is the best idea. I think there might be some hardcoding involved there with its relationship to the UK member countries. I'm not 100% sure on that though. Generally people use Ireland (pre-1922) for custom nations since that one doesn't affect anything else.

4 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

All of your teams have their Based Nation set to Australia, so they generate newgens based on Australian rules, eg. mostly Australian with some Asian/European/Oceanic dual nationals mixed in. Change the based nation to Australia (A) and they'll generate newgens for Australia (A) instead. Your nation technically has no teams, and as it usually wouldn't exist in game there's no way for Australia (A) nationals to be generated at foreign clubs either, so no newgens.

Also, I'm not sure using the UK is the best idea. I think there might be some hardcoding involved there with its relationship to the UK member countries. I'm not 100% sure on that though. Generally people use Ireland (pre-1922) for custom nations since that one doesn't affect anything else.

Thanks for the reply ... Yes i tried using the Based nation as Aust A  but didnt make any difference though but i might give the ire pre 22 a go .... Thanks again

20 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Ok so thats weird ?  I changed to Pre-Ireland 1922 to overwite and now the nation is selecting only goalkeepers from my nations leagues yet regenerating the others 

Edited by alian62

20 hours ago, alian62 said:

Thanks for the reply ... Yes i tried using the Based nation as Aust A  but didnt make any difference though but i might give the ire pre 22 a go .... Thanks again

How about the cities they're based in? I believe some people have used a nation and city/local region mismatch to generate foreign newgens before. So maybe you need to have them based in cities that are actually in your Australia (A) nation too.

12 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

How about the cities they're based in? I believe some people have used a nation and city/local region mismatch to generate foreign newgens before. So maybe you need to have them based in cities that are actually in your Australia (A) nation too.

Yeah possinly . will look at that

16 hours ago, rusty217 said:

So i changed he cities and although it didnt work for the first season it did for the following . Seems that i got it to work so thanks for your help