Match 25: Japan vs Costa Rica - ITV1 10am GMT

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Second week! :hammer:

A few weeks ago, Costa Rica were my hot favourites to win this. Before the tournament, I predicted a draw. Now... er, I am not sure.

Costa Rica surely have to get their act together after such a shocking game against Spain. And Japan will be on a high after Wednesday, but this game has an "after the Lord Mayor's show" feel about it for them.

Edited by CFuller

Still fancy this group to finish 6-6-6-0

Everyone beats Costa Rica, then Japan beat Germany, Germany beat Spain, Spain beat Japan.

Someone to win two out of three matches and still go out... which would be a World Cup first.

Edited by Rob1981

8 minutes ago, titchuk said:

Japan got a bit of a weakened side out by all accounts, probably giving some players a rest but could be that they're underestimating Costa Rica!

Famous last words but the 27 minutes so far have been pretty bad from Costa Rica, just so deep that Japan have no space.

6 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Still fancy this group to finish 6-6-6-0

Everyone beats Costa Rica, then Japan best Germany, Germany beat Spain, Spain beat Japan.

Someone to win two out of three matches and still go out... which would be a World Cup first.

Spain are fine with their GD! :D Germany with a massive advantage because they will know what they need to do against Costa Rica. Sayōnara.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

This feels like good practice for 48 teams at 2026. Both sides mediocre, no big names, commentators barely know anything about with of them. And an antisocial kickoff time because there are so many games to fit in.

Can't wait for El Salvador against Oman at 3am. :cool:

6 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

This feels like good practice for 48 teams at 2026. Both sides mediocre, no big names, commentators barely know anything about with of them. And an antisocial kickoff time because there are so many games to fit in.

Are we going to end up with 6 games a day? That'll be nuts.

Yeah, if they keep four games a day but put the tournament back to its usual length... then I think they can fit it in without any more KOs in a day then we’ve had this time.

Time differences are going to be a killer for us though. Assuming they have to go 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm local time then some the later matches are going to be in the dead of night for us.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Or not even go to sleep. :cool:

Remember the Ivory Coast - Japan classic from 2014?

Yeah, I remember that. I love the World Cup but I wasn't getting up at 2/3am to watch that!

I recorded it and then watched it all first thing in the morning, like any sane person would. :lol: