U20s + Cup not showing up?

MrTepig

Might be a dumb question but these competitions are not showing up (1st division works as intended). As in, the file verifies when I check but after I go to test in-game, only the 1st division shows up and works. Here are my general settings, is there something I must click to "activate" the competitions or something like that?

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 21.25.51.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 21.26.53.png

are they loaded up under "competitions" under "costa rica" in advanced rules? Also you might just wanna manually specify start and end dates. Telling it to use the First division like that needs fixture dates IDs attached to it, but if you're not using those for the first division don't bother there

13 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

That's it. Try a manual start and end date

I have set manual start/end dates for U20s as well as draw dates and dates for every round in the cup and they still won't show up. I'm sure if I revert to basic rules and add them in there it should work, but that would erase all the work I did setting the 1st division opening/closing system.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.36.04.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.38.31.png

Under each team's database entry (not rules) have you got, under the "reserves" tab, the U19s team enabled? Not just at the bottom but at the top there too? I'm not at my laptop right now just brainstorming

edit: for the cup can you post the file? I can take a look tonight or tomorrow. Also "fixed draw" is for cup tie mapping and is inconsistent with seeded draw as far as I know, not that it's the issue here

Edited by themodelcitizen

On 28/11/2022 at 14:00, themodelcitizen said:

Under each team's database entry (not rules) have you got, under the "reserves" tab, the U19s team enabled? Not just at the bottom but at the top there too? I'm not at my laptop right now just brainstorming

edit: for the cup can you post the file? I can take a look tonight or tomorrow. Also "fixed draw" is for cup tie mapping and is inconsistent with seeded draw as far as I know, not that it's the issue here

Sorry for the late reply, I got busy with end of semester stuff.

I have enabled the U20s teams for all first division teams (also made the suggested changes for the cup draw). Here is the file as requested.

Costa Rica.fmf

Had a look at your file. The issue might be the format of your main league. It's an apertura/clausara type with the youth league set to mirror it, maybe that's causing some issues. Personally I've always kept things simply and it's worked fine.

I think you need to have a look at your start/end dates too. From simulating the game the U20 league does appear to run in the 23/24 season (although not 22/23 still). Looks like it just runs as a double round robin that starts in July and ends in November though. Guessing it's trying a simplified format but only takes the dates from the apertura maybe? Also, your main league ends after 23/24. It never gets played again. The U20s only play that 1 season too, probably because there's no division to copy anymore.

On 01/12/2022 at 08:27, rusty217 said:

Had a look at your file. The issue might be the format of your main league. It's an apertura/clausara type with the youth league set to mirror it, maybe that's causing some issues. Personally I've always kept things simply and it's worked fine.

I think you need to have a look at your start/end dates too. From simulating the game the U20 league does appear to run in the 23/24 season (although not 22/23 still). Looks like it just runs as a double round robin that starts in July and ends in November though. Guessing it's trying a simplified format but only takes the dates from the apertura maybe? Also, your main league ends after 23/24. It never gets played again. The U20s only play that 1 season too, probably because there's no division to copy anymore.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look at the file. I'll take a look at the file again and try to sort the issues out.