Player VAlue "guides"

14 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Again, why are you choosing Harrogate?

Just an example ,could be donny rovers and scunthorpe if you like ,James milner on a free wanted 140k i offered 100k but upped his apperance fee by 15k and loyalty bonus by a million turned me down went to rangers for 30k 🤣

The game always favour the AI teams but speak out about it on here you get post removed or people like you defending it .

39 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

The game always favour the AI teams but speak out about it on here you get post removed or people like you defending it .

You still on about that nonsense? After refusing to answer or even aknowledge this obvious question:

On 27/11/2022 at 06:41, jcp1417 said:

Your logic is severely flawed. Why would SI program the game to "differentiate between human and AI players" if they had to lie in order to "sell the game"? You make no sense. 

1 hour ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Just an example ,could be donny rovers and scunthorpe if you like ,James milner on a free wanted 140k i offered 100k but upped his apperance fee by 15k and loyalty bonus by a million turned me down went to rangers for 30k 🤣

Wait, a player turned down more money from a couple of lower league teams to go play for a Scottish Prem team and the chance of regular European competition football?

Behold my shocked face...

23 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Wait, a player turned down more money from a couple of lower league teams to go play for a Scottish Prem team and the chance of regular European competition football?

Behold my shocked face...

Finished 6th in europe his hometown team and boyhood club

On 30/11/2022 at 12:05, XaW said:

Back on topic I just want to highlight that the guides are NOT hardlocked at any rate. I'm currently selling my 4th choice centreback from my League One Marine-team for way more than his player value.

His Guide Value is £250k-£475k, but I just agreed a deal with West Ham for £1.4m + 50% sell-on clause. Why? Because I managed to create a bidding war between lots of clubs.

rkLqmdH.png

imFvXFi.png

IBa2R4a.png

So, how did this happen? Well, as 4th choice for me in League One he got a lot of matches due to the insane number of matches teams play at this tier. And he has been with me for a while and I had him on a long term deal. Some of the lower Championship teams have been sniffing around him for about a year, but I rejected all offers for a long while, and tried to hold on until deadline day, as teams are often more desperate then. So when I got bids of around £400k, the player came to me and asked to leave. I managed to make deal with him that I would sell him for £1.6m. So that was his set value. A lot of teams came back again with around £500k now. So I negotiated what I wanted and I also played hardball, rejecting most of them. Then I found one team that agreed £1.2 million. So when that happened I offered him out for £1.6m, and then I got bids closer to a million. Some negotiating later, most teams now were willing to offer £1.4m + clauses.

I think it's important to add this to the conversation as many seems to think the AI will only stay under the guide value, but it's not like that. Selling for guide value is simple, but getting the most for him requires a bit more patience and also using both the player and the other teams against each other to create a bidding war. Based on this, and a few other transfers I've done, I'd say I really like how the AI works in this FM regarding transfers. I doubt I'd be able to do the same in previous versions.

To follow up on this. I really fleeced West Ham, as the guy didn't ever play a match for them, and just got released and picked up by Kidderminster...

A1TJxDo.png

r1Y4Xj7.png

So I guess this shows that it's quite possible to really make the most of transfers against the AI and not just be lowballed.

• 1 year later...

So I've recently noticed this issue on FM24 (more so than previous versions but I can't verify that is a FM24 only issue) for instance I'm using Arsenal with Saka and Martinelli both linked to PSG in my 3rd season, Saka, 24 has a CA and PA of 186 with 4 1/2 star player reputation recently just signed a new 5 year deal and his valuation is 100-131m. Martinelli is 24, on181 CA 182 PA (I tried using the IGE to mimick dynamic potential on FIFA) with a 4 star rep and has 2 years left on his contract his valuation is 120-131m. As mentioned above I'm in my 3rd season with a clean sweep of all potential trophies so that should in theory boost all my player valuations since when you float your mouse over the player valuation it tells you it's based on the players age and reputation (guessing the CA/PA is a given). NOW what's mind boggling is when I came across Diogo Jota his stats are 157 CA 166 PA 3 1/2 stars rep 3 years left on his contract aged 29 his valuation is 171-188m (notice this is a range figure so it's the valuation the game gave him not a fee set by the club as if he was transfer listed). I have no idea how the game came to this valuation the only logical explanation I can think of is perhaps it's a reflection on the importance of Jota to Liverpool but he's the second choice AML/ST behind Luis Diaz and Nunez and Diaz's valuation is listed as "not for sale" but then again Saka and Martinelli are both my first choice starters but for some reason maybe the game doesn't recognise that as I do have rotation youth players coming thru and do rotate a fair bit. So yea I hope this shows how unpredictable the in game valuation system is. I recall on FM 23 I was able to sell Saka for over 200m to PSG and Martinelli on similar fee. Also I've been playing FM/CM since 98/99 and this is the first time I've noticed this issue so I was quite curious as to if others have noticed this as well.