How can I set a date beyond 2100?

SOH972

I'm creating a custom World Cup with the editor to revert it back to 32 teams (the 48 teams is a **** idea itself, and the format is even worse), and I already set up a list of the host nations I want in the future. I admit I got a little bit crazy and thought about hosts up until the year 2430 lmao.

But I noticed that when I set a host nation for a specific year on the advanced rules section, it won't let me go beyond the year 2100. Does anyone know if there's a way of setting this up without having to use the rotate nations option? Because I'd really like to set up Costa Rica/Panama 2110 lol.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Repeating the schedule is the only option.

Could putting countries in the "possible host" section and adding an interval also work? But it would prioritize the ones I already have set on the "host nation" list above.

For example, let's say I set Morocco for 2038 in the "host nation" list, and below at the "possible host nation" I put Mexico on 2038 with a 100 years interval (for 2138). Will the game read it as I prioritize Morocco for 2038, and Mexico will host on 2138?

If it does, that way I could go until 2200 at least.

Edited by SOH972

20 hours ago, SOH972 said:

Could putting countries in the "possible host" section and adding an interval also work? But it would prioritize the ones I already have set on the "host nation" list above.

For example, let's say I set Morocco for 2038 in the "host nation" list, and below at the "possible host nation" I put Mexico on 2038 with a 100 years interval (for 2138). Will the game read it as I prioritize Morocco for 2038, and Mexico will host on 2138?

If it does, that way I could go until 2200 at least.

Yep, that would work. If Mexico are the only ones whose interval lands on 2138 then they'd be guaranteed to host it as the only potential hosts. Although bear in mind that would also make them potential hosts (probably guaranteed hosts if there are no others with a similar interval setup) for 2238 as well.

Nations in the Host Nation list are always used, possible hosts won't affect them. They're also one off things too, so Morocco won't be able to host again unless you have them set as the host for a future year or on the possible hosts list as well.

On 28/11/2022 at 19:20, themodelcitizen said:

Can't you do up to a 1000 year rotation? Suggested this in another thread but why not set it at the year 2018 with an 120 year rotation? Obviously won't run in 2018 but will run in 2138

I think that the max year rotation is 100

On 26/11/2022 at 07:34, rusty217 said:

Yep, that would work. If Mexico are the only ones whose interval lands on 2138 then they'd be guaranteed to host it as the only potential hosts. Although bear in mind that would also make them potential hosts (probably guaranteed hosts if there are no others with a similar interval setup) for 2238 as well.

Nations in the Host Nation list are always used, possible hosts won't affect them. They're also one off things too, so Morocco won't be able to host again unless you have them set as the host for a future year or on the possible hosts list as well.

Another idea that I have is that if I put more than 1 possible host nation for a year on rotation, will the game have a preset nation from the moment I create my save, or it will decide it after the previous World Cup ends. If it's the latter, that way I can save scum so that it chooses the nation I want.

For example, if I put Japan and South Korea on the possible host nations list on the year 2002, with a 100 years rotation, so that it choses them for the year 2102, can I save just before the host nation is announced in game (after the 2098 World Cup), and reload the save so that the host changes every time? Sometimes it might chose Japan, and other times South Korea. Would that work?

Also, it sucks that it won't let you choose a double nation bid on the "possible host nations" list, like it does let you on the "host nation" list above.

Edited by SOH972

3 hours ago, SOH972 said:

Another idea that I have is that if I put more than 1 possible host nation for a year on rotation, will the game have a preset nation from the moment I create my save, or it will decide it after the previous World Cup ends. If it's the latter, that way I can save scum so that it choses the nation I want.

For example, if I put Japan and South Korea on the possible host nations list on the year 2002, with a 100 years rotation, so that it choses them for the year 2102, can I save just before the host nation is announced in game (after the 2098 World Cup), and reload the save so that the host changes every time? Sometimes it might chose Japan, and other times South Korea. Would that work?

Also, it sucks that it won't let you chose a double nation bid on the "possible host nations" list, like it does let you on the "host nation" list above.

I think that would work. I haven't actually tried re-loading to see if hosts can end up different. But I highly doubt is pre-determined when the game is created (it would be silly to process that information without knowing when the save will end). So as long as you get the actual date for host announcement (I believe it's decided before the previous WC ends, keep on eye out for news regarding it) then you should be able to save scum it.