Match Zehn - Germany vs Japan 1pm (GMT) ITV1 LIVE from the Khalifa International Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

We're back at the Khalifa International Stadium, where we enjoyed England destroying Iran on Monday. And please god, this can't be as bad as Morocco vs Croatia can it?

image.png.5bd3168993a84c9ba6f45ce6c9743789.png

Germany

Nobody is calling them the favourites, France and Brazil seem more favoured, but Germany still have lots of very good players, don't write them off!

Japan

These lads are steadily getting better at the World Cup, three last 16 appearances since 2002, they almost reached the last 8 last time out in that crazy game against Belgium. They have never beaten Germany, and its 16 years since they last played them, a friendly which ended 2-2.

TV Coverage

Mark Pougatch presenting with Wrighty, Keano and Carney. Matterface :( and McCoist :) commentating.

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Coulthard's Jaw changed the title to Match Zehn - Germany vs Japan 1pm (GMT) ITV1 LIVE from the Khalifa International Stadium
  • Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

German defence is average as anything. Sule at RB, going for the Howe approach.

Looking forward to seeing what the Germany press is like, as the best press will win this World Cup IMO.

Flick has pretty much always played with one conservative back and one very aggressive one and Süle has played most of his games at Dortmund on RB this season. His technical skills are much better than you'd expect from your general blockhead CD as well.

Just now, Freakiie said:

Flick has pretty much always played with one conservative back and one very aggressive one and Süle has played most of his games at Dortmund on RB this season. His technical skills are much better than you'd expect from your general blockhead CD as well.

It's just amazing how Inzaghi ruined Gosens' season, he should've been the starter on the left, Raum is nothing special.

Looking forward to seeing Musiala. Such a teriffic talent. The female pundit, Woods I think her name was said that he has a long way to go, specially physically. I think people look at him and think he is very feeble but his balance is brilliant and not issue at all. Similar to Saka, terrific low centre of gravity they have.

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Nagatomo still playing!

3 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

Yoshida is still there!

Nagatomo is 36, but Yoshida's only 34. That's young-ish by Japanese standards.

Had a quick look, and Junichi Inamoto is apparently still playing club football in Japan at 41. Shunsuke Nakamura only retired a couple of weeks ago. :D

1 minute ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

Looking forward to seeing Musiala. Such a teriffic talent. The female pundit, Woods I think her name was said that he has a long way to go, specially physically. I think people look at him and think he is very feeble but his balance is brilliant and not issue at all. Similar to Saka, terrific low centre of gravity they have.

He's been Bayern's best player this season. Terrific talent as you say.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

It's just amazing how Inzaghi ruined Gosens' season, he should've been the starter on the left, Raum is nothing special.

Yeah, I'd definitely rate a Gosens in form much higher than Raum, but haven't really seen anything of him since his big injury.

3 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

I mean, anyone ever seen a decent match from Gündogan in the Germany shirt? Can't say I can recall him ever replicating his City form for Germany and I'd much rather see Goretzka there.

Would also much better prefer Goretzka :thup: