[FM23] Switzerland Liechtenstein Update (update 23.4)

JBZ

4 hours ago, erikeagles said:

Thank you. is there a possibility whether FC Vaduz can participate in the CL?

I believe the only way Vaduz can get to Europe is through the LIechtenstein Cup.  The winner of the Cup goes into the Euro II.  If you win the Euro II then you go to the Europa League.  Win that and you go to the Champions League.  So, yes it is possible, but it is difficult.  I'm trying to do it now as Balzers on FM22, but it's a tough road.

17 hours ago, iamnobody said:

I believe the only way Vaduz can get to Europe is through the LIechtenstein Cup.  The winner of the Cup goes into the Euro II.  If you win the Euro II then you go to the Europa League.  Win that and you go to the Champions League.  So, yes it is possible, but it is difficult.  I'm trying to do it now as Balzers on FM22, but it's a tough road.

That is correct, I did that in FM20. I started with Schaan in 7th tier and ended up being in 3 CL finals (only winning 1)

17 hours ago, cabianca.alex said:

Did you create players?

Only the Liechtenstein U17 players in the additional file.
But the Swiss research team have done a good job with the database this year, most 2LR teams have full squads and the OFV teams mostly have at least a few players (apart from the brand new teams I had to create in the database)

On 29/11/2022 at 11:52, kokemen said:

Great job, man. I was just doing a game with Vaduz on FM22 and not having a playable league for Vaduz II has annoyed me a lot. I won't have this problem on FM23. Can I share your link in the fmsite.net Spanish community forums?

https://www.fmsite.net/forums/topic/92100-principes-de-un-microestado-en-los-alpes/#comments

Sure thing

(yeah one of the reasons I made it was so II teams get proper fixtures- also find they get jaded as play top many games if in II teams in unplayable leagues)

Edited by JBZ

On 07/12/2022 at 08:33, Branst23 said:

Any known bugs in this database? Just testing before I start my save.

I'm pretty sure not, holidayed for 10 years+ before finalizing to check and no issues with my own save so far a season and a half in.

But can't rule it out 100%, anyone finds any, don't be shy...

• 1 month later...
On 17/01/2023 at 23:27, 11juanetes11 said:

can you do it for fm22 please? i tried use it but it does generate some problems

I made a version last year for FM22

• 1 month later...

Maybe if I have time, but problem is one of the teams in the 3rd level has gone bust, so will need to tweak the rules quite a lot to account for one less team

On 06/03/2023 at 22:20, JBZ said:

Maybe if I have time, but problem is one of the teams in the 3rd level has gone bust, so will need to tweak the rules quite a lot to account for one less team

A possibile solution / workaround could be to re-put Chiasso in the promotion league (not sure if the club still exist in the db) and give them something like a -90 points deduction or similar, so the will be relegated for sure... not sure if that's possible though.

I did take a look in the db and I'm not sure if Chiasso is still there; in "real life" their future is still unclear - first league, second, merge with other club(s), start from 0 .. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 3 weeks later...

I unflagged Chiasso as extinct and then added them back to the Promotion League and everything verified correctly for 23.3. I'm currently on holiday and the first two seasons have passed without any problems.  FYI, Chiasso was relegated in the first season, finishing last in the Promotion Division.

On 11/03/2023 at 10:36, crivo said:

A possibile solution / workaround could be to re-put Chiasso in the promotion league (not sure if the club still exist in the db) and give them something like a -90 points deduction or similar, so the will be relegated for sure... not sure if that's possible though.

I did take a look in the db and I'm not sure if Chiasso is still there; in "real life" their future is still unclear - first league, second, merge with other club(s), start from 0 .. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's a good shout- have done that and uploaded for the latest 23.4 update

(There is a points deduction option in the database, but doesn't seem to apply in game- probably I've got a setting slightly wrong. I might see if I can fix this later but Chiasso should get relegated most of the time anyway as they don't start with any players FIXED)

Swiss OFV 23.4 v2.fmf

Edited by JBZ
File updated

• JBZ changed the title to [FM23] Switzerland Liechtenstein Update (update 23.4)
  • 1 month later...

Probably me being an idiot. But I notice that the vanilla version of FM already had the new style league format for the following season. I've also noticed some discrepancies between the European qualifying parts.

A) This DB - why are only the 3rd and 5th positions dependent on the winner of the cup, but not 4th?
image.thumb.png.8b1285ebdb82e2d9054c8c3820dac5ae.png 

B - the original

image.thumb.png.f018e55ad1993c7a7d4e818d5ab672c3.png

I'm also confused for both as to why multiple spots depend on the winner of the cup rather than just one? :D

Edited by Domoboy23

To me it seems like the league did end up on two different league coefficiency places in your simulations. In the first screenshot the champion ends up in the 3rd qualifying stage whereas in the second it's a direct CL qualification.

I'm not entirely sure how the cup dependency works, but if that's the case it wouldn't be comparable.

On 23/05/2023 at 01:41, burakcakil said:

can you update the file please? most of the teams, stadium even the lower leagues' id's messed up. yesterday i did not have any problem but tonight they all messed up.

It sounds like something at your end and shouldn't suddenly change overnight without a version update.
Did you install other editor files? they might be confllcting

On 25/05/2023 at 07:54, xilefton said:

To me it seems like the league did end up on two different league coefficiency places in your simulations. In the first screenshot the champion ends up in the 3rd qualifying stage whereas in the second it's a direct CL qualification.

I'm not entirely sure how the cup dependency works, but if that's the case it wouldn't be comparable.

Yep that's it, just ended up with Swiss coefficient being different between the two games, which determines how many teams qualify for Europe and how may for each of the three competitions.

Assuming the coefficient is high enough to get a Europe League place, the Cup winners will get, unless they have already qualified for the Champions League, in which case the highest league team not qualifying for the Champions League gets Europe League instead of Conference League

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2023 at 21:58, JBZ said:

Yep that's it, just ended up with Swiss coefficient being different between the two games, which determines how many teams qualify for Europe and how may for each of the three competitions.

Assuming the coefficient is high enough to get a Europe League place, the Cup winners will get, unless they have already qualified for the Champions League, in which case the highest league team not qualifying for the Champions League gets Europe League instead of Conference League

Have you set the European qualifiers in your file, or is that the game selecting them?

• 2 months later...
On 24/07/2023 at 13:26, dino88 said:

Hi, does this have real results and promotions for 23/24 season?

Sorry for late reply- no, besides being a lot of work I heard this prevents changes in league structure working from one season to another ( as there was between 22/23 & 23/24)

FM24 round the corner, I plan to release an updated file for that 

On 06/08/2023 at 13:13, Wolf_pd said:

Have you set the European qualifiers in your file, or is that the game selecting them?

I didn't - what the OP was referring to was change in coefficients from one season to another (probably misunderstanding how it works IRL)

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/10/2023 at 12:28, JBZ said:

I didn't - what the OP was referring to was change in coefficients from one season to another (probably misunderstanding how it works IRL)

Hi @JBZ, thanks for your work on the databases over the years.

Looking to start my Lietch save when the database is out, do you have a rough estimate when you expect it to be released? Not chasing but just want to know how invested I should get in a save I'm starting now if it will be soon out haha!

Thanks again

12 hours ago, Branst23 said:

Hi @JBZ, thanks for your work on the databases over the years.

Looking to start my Lietch save when the database is out, do you have a rough estimate when you expect it to be released? Not chasing but just want to know how invested I should get in a save I'm starting now if it will be soon out haha!

Thanks again

Very shortly- just been testing on holiday 15 seasons with no crashes

vor 2 Minuten schrieb JBZ:

Very shortly- just been testing on holiday 15 seasons with no crashes

Are you creating the file with the reduction of the second league group 1 to 16 teams in season 2024/25 ?

2 minutes ago, adesmir said:

Are you creating the file with the reduction of the second league group 1 to 16 teams in season 2024/25 ?

No, I thought about it but below the Second League it is set up asymmetrically similar to last year, with only relegation to the OFV activated anyway so not 100% true to life below the 5th tier.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb JBZ:

No, I thought about it but below the Second League it is set up asymmetrically similar to last year, with only relegation to the OFV activated anyway so not 100% true to life below the 5th tier.

that's sad. the only little thing to make lower leagues perfect, at least down to 2nd league interregional ;)

21 minutes ago, adesmir said:

that's sad. the only little thing to make lower leagues perfect, at least down to 2nd league interregional ;)

Maybe, but the intention of the database at the lower levels is more to play as one of the Liechtenstein teams
(Can of course be used for Swiss teams too, but not below 2nd league interregional- I played with setting up more expanded 2.Liga Regional & 3.Liga Regional in previous FM versions, but just wasn't worth the database effort plus found detrimental to gameplay having so many weak teams setup)

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Kamisei said:

Hi @JBZ, I'm having a problem. When I try to play with your db, I don't get the tier 3 to tier 7 leagues, do you know why? My FM23 db is 23.4

Unless you've got a conflicting file, probably you didn't select the divisions to be down to tier 7 when you started the game.

It defaults to Challenge League and above, you need to select the level you want to go down to before starting a new game.

Capture.PNG.f1974cd1c93fa50a3d32dbee656b3ebb.PNG

20 hours ago, michaelm said:

Is it possible to play this datafile in fm 24? 

When yes, how is it to install? 

Thanks, Mate

It's not- but not to worry, it is possible to play this one with FM 24: 

• 3 weeks later...