Match 4: USA vs Cymru 7pm GMT Kick off on ITV at the Ahmad bin Ali Stadium

Confused Clarity

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Symbolic said:

Need Ally McCoist for all of them. Don't worry about actually being there, just stick him in a room with it on and let him commentate.

He was on the Holland game, doing what he always does, randomly agreeing with what he said himself. 

"I'll tell you what, I think that was good chance there, I really do. Could he have done better? Yes, I think he could have if I'm honest". Rinse and repeat :lol:

Wales made that a really good game in the end. set up completely wrong at the start almost as if they were a minnow. put Moore on and played with belief and it changed the game. well deserved draw which is the best result for england so gg lads all round.

Edited by Wiggins Top Boys

30 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I can happily tolerate Hartson wanting his team to win, but he comes across as an absolute child and can't see any incident with any semblance of neutrality. 

Hartson is woeful. I get him being bias but he's just woeful. Worse than Dion Dublin. 

27 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Such a poor group, England would've won 9 points using players not called up for WC.

Only group at this WC with all four sides ranked in the top 20 btw. 

27 minutes ago, Pukey said:

At least he's not Matterface but he's awful as well ain't he

Is he not working during this tournament?

Please say ITV have ****ed him off?...

Edited by craigcwwe

You take that if you are Wales wouldn't you? You try and stuff Iran and hope England win at least 2 or 3-0 against the USA and then play a rotated England side who may give you a chance of the last 16?

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Right result in the end. Both teams played well for one half and terribly for the other.

That's one take. I'd say we didn't do enough with our first half dominance, let them back in it, and foolishly gave away a pen. Zimmerman conceding it was quite disappointing. 

Mepham not being sent off was quite frustrating. He legitimately could've been off in the first half, then got away with two or three more late kicks. Pulisic is whiney, but his frustration was completely justified. 

9 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

We should rattle 5+ pass USA. Just so open.

And if Wales beat Iran on Friday, it'll be England 6 Wales 4 USA 1 Iran 0 going into the final round. England and Wales will probably rest the star players and go for the draw, which would guarantee both go through regardless of the USA-Iran game.

1 minute ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Aluko suggesting Wales could rest Bale against Iran :D Erm no i don't think so.

Could rest him against England if they beat Iran though. Would only need a draw and England would probably be somewhat inclined to help their countrymen out.

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Yeah. I thought I misheard that. Like why would they do that :D

They should tbh. He was terrible today, see what the team can do without him and Ramsey. Iran shouldn't really take over the game.

Wales so, so bad in first half. Sometimes you have a game plan but the opposition is all over you but they couldnt even string simple passes together.

Bothered to get people forward in the second and Moore was at least a presence. Penalty was brain-dead from the defender but Wales had other chances and USA didn't really put Wales under as much pressure when they had the ball, while also offering little on the counter.

I am fully behind FIFA's directive to add time on if it reduces the chances of players claiming injuries from 60 minutes onwards because my God it's tedious.

Bale should be "rested" because he's a passenger and we tend to play better without him. Ramsey had a poor game today in large part because he was doing all Bale's running for him (leaving poor Joe Rodon with no passing options in midfield). Still capable of the occasional magic moment but nowhere near as often as way back in 2015 when we were reliant on him.

James/Moore/Johnson front line would be ideal against Iran. 

31 minutes ago, bolton1987 said:

That was some bad game management from Berhalter, I'd be pissed if I was a USA fan

Disappointing to be sure. Would've taken a draw going in, but that felt like a loss after the first half. 

Edited by XuluBak

11 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

You aren't dropping Bale though. He's playing every minute. Listen to Page post game talking Bale. He loves him

The caretaker does whatever the old guard want. Starstruck. Just got to hope Bale's fitness will hold him back, honestly. 

I expect Gunter to get a run out as yet another thank you for being Ramsey's mate and never getting injured.