In game assistant manager advice.

There’s a lot of pop ups and options that need an option to disable. The advice is there, but those that don’t want it need an option to disable or auto assign instructions. Same with every member of staff.

The way I see it, hiring great staff and letting them deal with a lot of things: training, opposition instructions, team selection, speeds things up. Not all of us have several hours a day to play this game and staff is a good way to speed things up. 

21 minutes ago, gunnerfan said:

Feel free to ignore your AM's advice. Sometimes I take it, often I don't. I rarely take his advice on team talks, as all too often when I have, I get no reaction at all from the players.

I do ignore it, just wish i didnt have to click to get rid of it thats all.

2 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

What a drivel post 👌

But seriously, the assman is there to help you. He sees things from a different objective.

Advising me to play for set pieces every game because ive had a load of throw ins, recommending getting more shots on target when im 4 nil up, pointing out that the gap between my midfield and defence is too big when im comfortably containing the opposition in their own half is all info i could do without, certainly do not need it popping every game regardless of how many times i dismiss it.

There needs to be a an option to filter out pop-ups.

7 minutes ago, Gouranga said:

Advising me to play for set pieces every game because ive had a load of throw ins, recommending getting more shots on target when im 4 nil up, pointing out that the gap between my midfield and defence is too big when im comfortably containing the opposition in their own half is all info i could do without, certainly do not need it popping every game regardless of how many times i dismiss it.

There needs to be a an option to filter out pop-ups.

This isn't new, and I came to the conclusion in FM22 (or possibly even 21) that it's simply a recognition of in-game results. So, if you're playing with very short passing but manage to connect on a few long ones (or your short passing isn't meeting a certain limit), your AM will suggest going to a more direct game. This doesn't bother me, in fact it sometimes calls my attention to something I might be missing because I'm reading the game for something else.

4 minutes ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

Half your shots are off target, hence why your assman is saying you are struggling to get enough shots in(side) the goalposts. Seems logical to me.

I think that's a very creative use of the English language. It also sort of exemplifies the OP's point. Does the comment mean goals, shots on target or shots in general? I read it as shots in general, and most people probably would without a qualifier.

2 hours ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

I think that's a very creative use of the English language. It also sort of exemplifies the OP's point. Does the comment mean goals, shots on target or shots in general? I read it as shots in general, and most people probably would without a qualifier.

Absolutely, thank you.

2 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

Half your shots are off target, hence why your assman is saying you are struggling to get enough shots in(side) the goalposts. Seems logical to me.

Actually 6 shots are off target here, that's pretty much a third and in the context of the overall performance (3 nil up at half time) nothing to be upset about.

Also how can there be surprise about being ahead after having 8 on target and 7 half chances inside 45 minutes? 

Edited by Gouranga

8 hours ago, The3points said:

I mean your AM could be awful as well. The quality of advice depends on the quality of coach

Situational advice based on numbers alone will rarely paint an accurate picture. It needs tweaked to be less repetitive and irrelevant.  

I am playing without an ass_man, so I get no silly comments during matches.. In previous iterations, however, the game forced you to use one but that doesn't seem to be the case in FM23 anymore..

So I guess the question is, why are you playing with an ass_man when you don't need/want one?

Edited by SC00P0NE

3 hours ago, SC00P0NE said:

I am playing without an ass_man, so I get no silly comments during matches.. In previous iterations, however, the game forced you to use one but that doesn't seem to be the case in FM23 anymore..

So I guess the question is, why are you playing with an ass_man when you don't need/want one?

I want several assmen. Like Klopp.

6 hours ago, SC00P0NE said:

You're right they are silly comments. Who said I dont need/want one? I need/want the game to stop spamming comments as detailed above.