Match 2: England vs Iran - BBC1 1pm GMT live from the Khalifa International Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

As an Iran supporter today, I'm relieved to see England playing a back 4 and an 'attacking' line up. Plays excactly into Iran's hands.

Azmoun (if he's playing) just has to beat Stones and Maguire to balls, the full backs can rampage forward with space, and Taremi will have a lot of joy if England attack. Counter-attacking looks great today.

Edited by git2thachoppa

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kane does need runners ahead of him tbh, so I understand. Foden would fit better in a midfield position. Foden on the wing would work if we expected controllde possession similar to Man City/Arsenal which I dont think England are capable of, or at least havent shown they are capable of it.

5 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

As an Iran supporter today, I'm relieved to see England playing a back 4 and an 'attacking' line up. Plays excactly into Iran's hands.

Azmoun (if he's playing) just has to beat Stones and Maguire to balls, the full backs can rampage forward with space, and Taremi will have a lot of joy if England attack. Counter-attacking looks great today.

I feel like Taremi has gone under the radar the last few years. He's been excellent for Porto the last couple of seasons and finished in the top 3 for both goals and assists last season. If he was five years younger, he would be getting linked with some big money moves.

1 minute ago, Darius1998 said:

I feel like Taremi has gone under the radar the last few years. He's been excellent for Porto the last couple of seasons and finished in the top 3 for both goals and assists last season. If he was five years younger, he would be getting linked with some big money moves.

FM keeps signing him for Man Utd

(So he can't be that good :D )

Look like they are sweating buckets before they’ve even left the tunnel :D 

We all know what’s coming here. Hot weather, stubborn opponent, can’t afford to lose. A nervy win or a 1-1 draw. Everyone giving Southgate pelters. Then listening to me defend him for a week and say that group stage performances aren’t that important. Then when we meet a better opponent and the games open up it turns out we can play a bit.

What tournament football is all about.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Pretty much. Actually incredible what they have done there. And England are scared to wear an armband. 

Yep, every single one of them will have family/friends in Iran. Potential consequences far worse than getting a yellow card.