AFC Wimbledon - Bringing glory days of the Crazy Gang back to the fans.

Pearomaniac

Untitled5.png.05a8b17c9caf0e73022dfbaa145c09f1.png

AFC Wimbledon is a club created by the fans in 2002 after the owners of their bellowed Wimbledon FC decided to move the club 90km north to Milton Keynes and name it MK Dons. AFC Wimbledon currently plays in the EFL League TWO After they got relegated last season.  The idea of Wimbledon leaving south London was deeply unpopular, both with the bulk of the club's established fanbase and with football supporters generally, but an independent commission appointed by the Football Association granted permission in May 2002. A group of supporters, appalled by the decision, responded by forming a new club, AFC Wimbledon, to which many Wimbledon fans switched allegiance.

Untitled66.png.5a99e4cdaba41c7540367347fb0b76d7.png

Wimbledon FC had its share of the glory days in the late 80s when Wimbledon's "Crazy Gang"—so-called because of the boisterous, eccentric behaviour of the players—won the FA Cup in 1988, beating that season's League champions Liverpool, and thereby became one of only three clubs to have won both the FA Cup and its amateur counterpart. 

92291270_Screenshot2022-11-20223850.png.90c4f71c100a30999c56557dcf8c31a7.png

Liverpool had just been crowned once again as champions of Division One and were the all-conquering giants of English football throughout the 1980s. Wimbledon had just finished seventh in the Division One table that season, only their second year in the top tier, but had surprised everyone as they were expected to finish much lower than that. Liverpool, with a team full of international star players, were strongly expected and favoured to win the FA Cup by all the experts, as they had secured their 17th league title by playing in an exciting and flamboyant style, whereas Wimbledon, who had been playing in the semi-professional Southern Football League just eleven years earlier, were derided by many pundits as being technically limited and dismissed as relying only on their strength, and were expected to have almost no chance of beating their illustrious opponents.

608707385_wimbledon88.thumb.jpg.bee888b82128b0f17a43a43aa4218394.jpg

The Crazy Gang is a nickname coined by the English media in reference to the Wimbledon F.C. teams of the 1980s and '90s. The name, originally that of a well known group of British comedy entertainers popular in the late 1930s, became commonly associated with Wimbledon as a result of the often cheeky and boisterously macho behaviour of their players, who were in the habit of playing frequent and outrageous practical jokes on each other and on the club's managers Dave Bassett, Bobby Gould and Joe Kinnear, as well as many of their players' highly aggressive, physical style of play and reputation for a lack of discipline on the pitch.

Despite enjoying decent success as a fixture in the First Division and later Premier League at the time, their general approach to the game was often derided by others in the sport as unprofessional and simplistic in comparison to the style of football played by most of their top-flight contemporaries at the time; then England striker Gary Lineker once commented dismissively, "the best way to watch Wimbledon is on Ceefax"(TTX), criticising the team's supposedly unsophisticated approach to football. Their physical style and aggressive reputation on the field often intimidated their supposedly more skilled opponents and helped the club to the most successful period in its history as they won the 1988 FA Cup and also achieved regular finishes in the top half of the league.

wimbledon.webp.8bbf3ba516fc0236ed7ef6a8c9e5fdff.webp

Most closely associated with the team of that period, notable members included Vinnie Jones, Dennis Wise, Dave Beasant, John Fashanu and Lawrie Sanchez. Under the management of Dave Bassett, they climbed from the Fourth Division to the First Division in four seasons leading up to 1986 without ever changing their straightforward playing style.

In 1991, following the publication of the Taylor Report recommending all-seater grounds for top-flight clubs, Wimbledon left Plough Lane to groundshare with nearby Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park—an originally temporary arrangement that ended up lasting over a decade. The team remained in the First Division and its successor the FA Premier League until they were relegated in 2000.

Plough Lane, Wimbledon FC's original home ground until 1998, was sold to Safeway, who intended to redevelop the site as a supermarket. Whilst site redevelopment plans were negotiated, the stadium remained derelict for several years until it was finally demolished in 2002. When permission for a supermarket was ultimately refused by the local authority, Safeway sold the site and it was eventually developed as a private housing development known as Reynolds Gate, named after former Wimbledon F.C. striker Eddie Reynolds, which was completed in 2008.

Since 2020 AFC Wimbledon uses newly built Cherry Red Records stadium, a 9.000 capacity stadium which has bellow average training and youth facilities but it is finally a place to call home. 

Untitled.png.7f2ffddd60068feb51d4eb0e59fc19c7.png

AFC Wimbledon amazed 5 promotions in the first 10 years of their existence and now they are trying to find their place under the sun after being relegated from EFL League One last season.

Untitled3.png.a08c028aa959bd283ce66b7776999194.png

I have still not created a tactic as i am still to do that, take a look at the player in hands and see what would be the most suitable tactic for them. Also, like the name of the post says, i am bringing back the Crazy Gang, so i am going to try and find best, most eccentric, most aggressive players willing to play for AFC Wimbledon and lead them back to the glory days of FA Cup trophy and Premier League matches.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what i have came up with. Soak up the pressure, play short passes, kill em on the counter. Since i got relegated i have a strong squad for this league but this is not going to be easy. AMC is my favorite position in the team and some of my favorite players IRL played in that position but right now i do not have any AMC's in the club so i have to adapt and use my wingers as my AMR is probably the best player i have right now.

Untitled.png.ee322764adadb683bd677c0a17447f19.png

This is what am i working with. I will try and find looking for some free agents but as it looks like right now, i can already see that i will have to make budget adjustments as i am barely under the payroll budget.

sss.png.b5cf1747b973ba36928f4b36771e1288.png

Here is probably my best player in the club, decent, but for a winger having crossing at 7, ooof that literally hurts me, i am going to try and work on that, he is still young, but it is a big question what can my coaches do about that. Great physical attributes are his good side, great flair and off the ball movement so if we could improve his technical attributes we could have a great player in the higher leagues IF we manage to keep him in the club. A lot of "if's" i know.

Untitleddaa.thumb.png.669d0d56717757084066fe8710d929e5.png

And this is my gem, just joined from mighty Millwal we have mighty Alex Pearce. Powerful CB, a kind of players im looking for this team, big, strong, aggressive, determined... My starting CB! Please stay injury free.1946724479_Screenshot2022-11-21012426.thumb.png.b77668c093255a91eb14286a4d793d56.png

One of the clubs most loyal servants, in the club since 2011. made senior debut in 2015, played over 150 matches for the club, Will Nightingale. I think i have my CB's sorted out for this season.Untitled.thumb.png.0c7270da86d0fcf15ff938e03cf1186f.png

That will be it boys, for noe. Next for me is looking at my staff and seeing who could be replaced before i even think about looking for backups in players. Talking about players, i will go to the market ASAP and try to find some decent players in these positions as i am really thin in down mentioned positions.

AML - opposed to my 3 right winger i do not have a single left winger and this is the most urgent issue i need to solve. If i cant find anyone to sign permanently then loans are the way, although i hate bringing players on loan.

DR/DL - My fullbacks are not the best but they will work for now, what i need is backup, if some of them gets injured i am screwed.

So far the area with whom i have been most happy is CM/DM, have a couple of good players there, although my first choice CM is injured for at least two month i see some young players there that i want to use.

See you all in the next post where i will show you what the club wants from me in term of the objectives, have i managed to find any decent backups and what i have done with the staff. Thank you all for your time, stay safe and see you soon.

Edited by Pearomaniac

This is what my board wants from me. I agree with everything besides the thing i tried removing here but the did not accept it, that is "do not sign players older than 32". I dont know how am i going to keep them happy with that but i guess that only player older than 32 i look for would be CB's, but im quite happy with that position so i might comply with that too. Develop players using youth system is going to be tough, youth facilities are bad so i dont know what kind of players is going to come out of there. As for current season goals board wants me to finish in the top half of the league, with me wishing to promote my self straight back i better hope i will complete that task.

20221121015403_1.thumb.jpg.281555c50754b60f4cf545ff54d9db3b.jpg20221121015420_1.thumb.jpg.39ea0c0eb1282ea34271e1e9dce835fd.jpg

This is interesting, fans have a high influence on the board, but considering that back in the days fans made this club then this should not be weird to anyone, i will do utmost to keep fans and board happy simultaneously.

support.png.7fa04c390574b961b266e20b385191c7.png

This is my coaching team. Besides my coach and my assman i am quite happy with the rest of them. I am going to replace my analyst and sports science dudes since they look like they are hired over the relatives line. This is a huge contrast to my last save where i managed Red Star Belgrade and had 9 coaches and still my players complained on the training all of the time, cant even imagine what will happen here. So, to reiterate, replace coach, assman, head of performance analyst, head of sports science and add one more coach to the team. 

fas.thumb.png.b97476999d64b81f1e60afeaadd5e9b5.png

I have replaces no less than six staff members so far and here are some of the members i brought in.

My assman, i know his assman grades are not the best but he will be well used in the coaching team.

sullivan.png.600f1ab90b1bfe1022924da854565ea3.png

One of my coaches, since i am allowed only 3 coaches they gotta be well rounded so i am quite happy with this one.

toner.png.a3f728a69d02425cca9f7e8b72a33c46.png

And i have also brought my homie as chief scout, quite happy with his grades. Gotta keep him safe tho and send him on the language course. I hope board allows it.

chief.png.1f06a5c55c35374a0b3f6e26085c6e5b.png

This was one of the players i was looking at for AML position, but considering his low aggression and being quite slow for 20Yyo i will probably give up on him.

playa.png.58c7c56aa576847dbca5d4fbf8060c5c.png

I will keep you updated with the transfers and how are negotiations are going, i want to find an AML before i start my first competitive match.

So i got to my first competitive match and it was against Gillingham. I was a strong favorite in this match but my fears have become true after conceding the goal in the 5th minute after unexplainable reaction of my defense but i guess that happens in EFL L2. I was losing for the most part of the match after a clearance of the ball from the box the ball was picked up my my midfielder who crossed it back into the box to J. Davison who passed a parallel ball to Young-Coombes who had an easy job to tap the ball in from the 6-yard box. We took the lead thanks to my super sub K. Hudlin tapped the ball in from 6-yard box with his head after a beautiful cross from Chislett who is playing out of position as AML until i find a decent player. One more time my loanee Young-Coombes shows his class, after a pass into space from Assal young striker placed the ball calmly behind the keeper for an end result of 3:1 for the home team.

scorers.png.12d5d3f99662257afaeacf73545df2d6.png

im glad that we can already see the shades of the crazy gang by the number of the bookings in this match, 4 yellow cards, not bad for start. And here are the stats that actually show that i was a better team on the pitch, just their GK had good one hour of the game, after you break that deadlock the goals just keep coming.

prvi.png.80722d1bfa8d698a5c74dc128f05bb6f.png

This one confused me a bit, here are the team formations and as u can see Gillingham has not brought any of the subs to the match. Why? Beats me, i am going to take a look what was going on there. 

afc.png.3f28fb809fce29e4a76ce244ab799efc.pnggilli.png.c42d606f6b0f8cd0dc7adb82e3226d7e.png

Thats it for now, i will keep u updated every 10 matches or so, unless i beat Chelsea or someone like that, you will hear about that ASAP. Also will post everything interesting happening in the world. As soon as i sort out a transfer for my AML position i will notify u about the player i brought. Until then stay safe and see you soon.

I can not believe that this just happened... i have never seen someone being incompetent to score this much. I have added "work ball into box" to stop my non existent long shooters to waste possesion and ooooooh boy did it backfired. 

113858576_aulepte.png.cb3bd83519ad215d749970bac1c19acc.png

Eleven shots on target, 9 saves. And they were not some miracle saves either, i felt like my players were passing the ball into keepers hand. "11 shots, 9 saves??? but mr manager what happened with other two shots on target?"

kurac.png.24d45b5aac963aeeb374c0ad9e321896.png

Here is what happened, they got disallowed for being offside. I need a beer right now IRL. Also, here take a look from what places were shots made that mighty Jonathan Mitchell managed to save.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa.png.08ddb53b8ef56a62bcedc0a029797973.png

Waiter, beer please. A pint!

So i have been looking at many players, i looked everywhere, loans, transfers, free agents and finally, 6 hours before the end of the transfer deadline and here he is. Young fella from Arbroath without the greates technical attributes but his physical attributes were quite decent and enough for me to sign him. He was payed 27K euros and his wage is 2.100 euros p/w which is a bit too much considering that my best players has 2.600euros p/w, but what is there is there. I hope he will bring us good luck and prosperity.

adada.thumb.png.81c97c1399456ca1dace9bf3661d3c32.png

Edited by Pearomaniac

So 10 matches have been played in EFL League Two and this is the summary of my young managerial career of mighty AFC Wimbledon. This is how the table looks at the moment and i am quite happy with it, except one heavy HEAVY loss we were quite good.

tabela.png.a17ead444619943d8d46932544360e0e.png

This is the heavy loss i just mentioned. It looked like a teough, tense match until the 80th minute but then everything went to hell and SI said you get a goal and you get a goal and you get a goal and everyone gets a goal. And i didnt even watch the goals, around 75th minute i made last subs and went to make my self a cup of coffee and heard fans going crazy and i though "hm, i must have equalized, sweet."

najgori.png.de154aa409e759ff7ff29ed99a42dd7b.png

And then we have this one, a match where i was on the right side of a reversal of the match, i already though it was all over and then a header from a corner and a beautiful finish from Young Coombes to save and win the day.

najbolji.png.a9ad70670bf74826e4bd373310796210.png

Also, dont wanna brag about it but my player is current best striker of the league. When i think about it, theres not much to brag about since he is on loan but i will take it.

strelac.png.da31693ce2e8786020393bc2ee6f93f7.png

So, another 10 matches has passed, we are 20 matches in the league and this is the situation on the table. I must admit i am happy, but some results and falls in my teams game infuriate me.

Untitled.png.1f6901f0bba5ab4dba65de3befe7aef3.png

Like this one, my team started out perfectly, took the two goal lead and then from 30th minute we did not had a single highlight and 20th placed team destroyed our asses.

885951220_Screenshot2022-11-27233243.png.730eda02d6281a65248428f3df5c46cb.png

But then again there are moments that bring me joy like this one, my starting player was jaded and i had to start a youngster who absolutely stepped up and scored two goals for us.

ffff.png.c8c678868d769e499c48bae4d6bfe5b9.png

There are his attributes, good technique and solid finishing and OK solid attributes, and that aggression... i want my players biting everyone in an attempt to score a goal. And no, Suarez does not want to join.

fffas.thumb.png.55135c5153134f5b2a9f7a5b2f76f601.png

And yes, we were in somewhat of an injury crisis, i had 6 players from the first team injured and unavailable, i had some tough matches at that time which i lost but i didnt need much time to put the team back on winning track.

adasewew.thumb.png.0f40a9497937cd4e503561a534609db5.png

30 matches in, half way past the season and it got a bit disappointing. I have fallen down on the table but im still holding my self in the promotion zone but i have managed to fight only one victory in my last five matches.

tabelica.png.f0b93fc3dcaa215c955116f1a8c928fe.png

forma.png.06f09ea0b42cc7ee5518395e1a5a36b8.png

Also, in the midst of this injury crisis and since i was conceding too much goals so i have once more reached into the transfer market and brought another Defender.

novi.thumb.png.3af616c739884b21da742151254a581d.png

Oooooh boy did i had a rollercoaster in the past few weeks. We were in such a bad form and could not find a win in 9 matches, i had a rebellion in my hands with team captain and couple of other important players demanding a team meeting complaining about a bad atmosphere in the locker room and i promised i will improve it and ooooooh boy i did. 

atmo.png.5914cdfeecb4823a6a8fc092c52e2bd3.png

I had a horrible run of 9 matches without a win, among others i have lost to a last placed team 0:2 at home after having a player sent off for a horrible tackle in the penalty area. 

Untitled.png.ce17ee01fc7eda8847add132c5d4f6bd.png

After a run of matches without a victory we managed to get back into form and got a couple of victories in a row that kept me in the promotion zone with just a few more matches left. 

tab.png.51b05c98fadfbcb8595a9bb1edba26ab.pnghhh.png.9881e7e4b190cebce2e5d9cc8b33160f.png

In my first next match i have managed to smash one of my direct competitors for promotion and im feeling a bit more confident now. I will be in the playoffs for sure if i dont mess it up.

wa.png.388c1a535c378136e0ee01cbbb49ee7d.png

Another thing that made me happy is mine youth intake. Some of the players look really decent and with right guidance they could be key players for the future of mighty AFC Wimbledon. Im most excited about that AML Chace Johnston since my player i brought to play at that position did not played up to the expectations.

omladinci.png.3b5f90030a2a7a69c6136a8b7f8de981.png

So that will be it for this update. Next time i hope i will be talking about playoffs and my promotion battles. Stay safe

1 hour ago, TelcontarTargaryen said:

Ah, a fellow Serb in the English football pyramid. Good luck.

I love when the press asked me "what do you think how are you going to manage a team when you dont know a word of english" and the next question is "...you are a noted polyglot, would that be helpful..."

So yeah, the season is over and i finished seventh after getting kicked out in the semi final of the playoff after wining my first match. Not going to cry over our fortune, pick ourselves up and look forward to the next season.

dadadada.png.428d9dfaf5343515079f137e82754ea7.png

po.png.40fb1f515c3d71a53291ffdf8e54d5f8.png

Here is some of the seasons highlights and accolades.

Untitled.png.ad170c9d85482ee91c13d26303d12ab6.png

This is how the board was happy with my signings. Corfe was a miss, with that ammount of money spent and with those wages i expected much more from him. On the other hand i have my self a stable center back for the next season.

trans.png.5f9143de39a72ad82e3da562dccaf99e.pngcorf.png.2ec37a29574b8712fa1ce591d5cced89.png

Some of the highlights of the season. Best match i remember perfectly, it was a moment when i was lacking strikers and young Fisher got us a victory that we much needed. No comment on the goal of the season, probably best thing Corfe did this season.

fish.png.4ca1a150b146ee5e5fe743231187a71e.png

These are player accolades of the season. Josh Davison had a few moments of glory this season and really stepped it up when needed so a deserved player of the season award while Senior was a surprise one, he stepped up when i was in injury crisis and amazed 12 assists in quite a few matches, showed me i could count on him in the next season.

acc.png.4e92402f62a415588a24db419cb542fc.png

Some press yatta yatta...

bews.png.c9b9c5ad2ca49fd434b785cce480c2c2.png

And as the end of season stats say it looks like i was well above average compared to the rest of the league in scoring goal, but i honestly conceded too much and threw away so many already won matches.

staat.png.04f0a88118527143a9edcf2dc21f9ecf.png

That will be it for this season, thank you all for following and see you in the next season. Stay safe

Looks like i have got a new chairman.

novi.png.cce49a3cb4d81bf080981ab4038e5690.png

And looks like he is not the one that brings the financial injection with him self to the club.

nista.png.ff74c61d20b359fc850b9b54a2ac67ea.png

He has also cut ties with all of the feeder clubs i had. Awesome. i already like this guy.

budala.png.c681200849b4e930ca1935a246c9304e.png

New season is close and my squad is back from the rest and we are eager getting back into game and winning that promotion we all greatly desire. I have managed to snatch a few decent free agents for the new season. Take a look.

Im really short on right back position and i think this might be a better player than my staff sugests.

fa.thumb.png.16206110a294bf1d0485d55f17942694.png

I have a lot of players on this position but i plan on starting this player in hope he will attract some interest so i could cash in on him.

ffa.thumb.png.059061c3289d8b09ebecb55a0da31d33.png

Edited by Pearomaniac

9 hours ago, theBlackPrince said:

Always good to see a Wimbledon save, what a team the original crazy gang was back in the day!! Unlucky on the first season but hopefully next year will be the one to take you up a level!

Interesting tactic, something a little different from the normal, I like!!

Yeah, i like stepping out of the meta, and love playing with a DMF, its been ok so far. Also, update of the Season 2 is coming.

So we are 21 matches in the season 2 and we are sitting pretty at place number 3 of the table. I would give my wages for season to end now but lets see what will happen until the end of the season. It looks like my teams goalscoring is at top of the league and i was not even aware of it, im sure im leading in number of shots by far because i am actually not happy with my teams finishing, it takes too many shots to score a goal, but hey, lower leagues, cant complain.

121.png.57f3ac64fee303f3a8b38ce687ae8457.png

Also my youth intake is going to be fun this year, strikers is the place where i am currently strong so i wont feel bad if i sell my first team FW tomorrow.

Untitled.png.0223920e2d1cd32ca5d14d8c39e39db0.png

Also, just to show off :)

fa.png.dd28b1465240bbdf456f4e673a17c8bc.png

There are 16 matches left in the regular season and ooooh boy im too scared i will jinx us by saying anything. Take a look, a team that is by FAR best attacking team in the EFL League One. 

1481038162_Screenshot2022-12-10204048.png.6c52fa51e951943191963a0912839eca.png

My attacking effectiveness is mostly thanks to my two strikers who together scored 34 goals in the season so far.  Also, i cant forget about Ayoub Assal who has been one of the best players of the team so far with 8 assists and 7 goals.

Untitled.thumb.png.56ed471d90028246b187c6b999a693c7.png

But once again in the mid of the season i got into somewhat injury crysis that forced me to recall some of the youngsters from a loan. 

590456929_Screenshot2022-12-10201619.png.f547db734ecb03820526465516394f85.png

Also, show some love to this players skills, Ayoub Assall. 

awa.thumb.png.64cad41d658bfae1215a3d601877c0b2.png

Edited by Pearomaniac

So my kids are the champions of their league, and they won it by far. Now the oldies gotta look up to them and win it!

asss.png.9f4af532bfcba77b5141c23cc2281bf3.png

I looked back ath the history of the positions in the league this season, cant really believe that i was 14th at one moment because the team has been playing brilliantly recently and its all looking like a fairy tale.

af.png.9695c6d779d32405dadbfaccc1cc5b22.png

I have the best goal scoring record in the league and second best goal conceding record and i dont even want to say it but the trophy is in our hands now, Leyton Orient lost their last match and we are in control now. Also, here is what my assman has to say to my strikers form this season, striker who scored 22 goals and had 6 assists so far in the season.

asda.png.6dac4661105bb5b4d0d3d3a89aa21464.png

And look at this beauty, i have not payed any attention to it but it seems there are records going to be broken since the last time i was defeated UK was a part of the EU.

adsz.png.a14908fb5ceffae7a054b78f66faff23.png

5 hours ago, willemvandoorn15 said:

I hope you clinch the title or at least promotion. I hope League One isnt too much of a step up cause it would suck to be relegation contenders for a few years.

Thank you brother. Its going to be a tough end of the season. Posting an update right now.

aaaw.png.e062d57fbb4cb00c92032fbdb2a65478.png

fafa.png.201148493c1294ff0de3dc17e47a3285.png

It has happened, i held a team meeting before the match and team reacted great, we have won this match with some heroics from my GK to keep us the clean sheet, and not only that, take a look at the table.

table.png.5641be4b918167e6e05c21580b593b7e.png

We are a win again from the tittle and i cant believe it, this season was a roller coaster and now we are in a position to win a tittle when most of people expected us to finish in the top half of the table, well, guess we did. Anyway, my assman suggests we hold a team meeting and guy is telling me that i should tell my team that i do not expect them to win the next match to ease off the expectations.

kreten.png.9663de106895ec811552e41f11f27399.png

Of course im having none of that, u go out there and u get this win ya bastards, i worked my ass off whole season for this and now when were this close of course i want u to win, Get to it! And i got a good reaction from whole team except my backup CD who was being scared. Wish me luck boys, its coming.

Edited by Pearomaniac

We did it. Leyton Orient had a setback and that made our draw enough to clinch the tittle. Unbelievable scenes at Cherry Red Records stadium. Super sub Ryan Innis scored an equalizer that started celebrations in Wimbledon, we are the champions

awa.png.9a3daa5a212689b09fc90574a4ceb5f4.pngUntitled.png.86e3b920a7307e27fc96f99545d3d05b.png

Phew, what a season, cant believe that after being 14th at the start of the season and having 3 loses in a row my team went on a crazy run of 30 matches without defeat and set that amazing record that was a spine of our tittle run. Amazing.

Untitleda.thumb.png.f11cf0ad784f44453547e872898ae6b5.png

My second season in charge of the Crazy Gang has come to an end so beside being the champions lets see what else was going on.

aa.png.66fdf9718a92e24f877e2f188749b308.png

Unlike last season, this seasons signings were influential, especially the GK i signed for free from Derby County. Had 14 clean sheets and 2 POM performances. Cant also forget about his heroics in one of the deciding matches of the season.

aas.thumb.png.d8b6f538f50d50dd728e7e2190fcb631.png

Best matches of the season and also a goal of the season which i think i have posted here, a beautiful volley from my boy Ayoub Assal.

a.png.725206124932ca9390f8e396e3be312b.png

I am glad that we have managed to increase the reputation of the club, better remember the name! I hope this increase in finances can bring has improvements for training and youth facilities. 

aaf.thumb.png.e3a4e54b27f11cc4d446ed16c7d08faa.png

No wonder i was the most effective team in the league when my two strikers scored together no less than 50 goals in the season.

aw.thumb.png.0282a1e37c90186e0ea3a0c1be33eecb.png

For the second season in a row Josh Davison is picked as the player of the season by the fans while best goals scorer is Zach Robinson who spent last season out on a loan.

asa.thumb.png.79dbab14ef57b138c41369a184ce7efe.png

This will be it for this season, thank you all for reacting, leaving replies and showing support in this post, it means a lot that some of u follow my adventures in mighty AFC Wimbledon. See you all in the next season where we will try to survive in the EFL Leagu One. Stay safe and take care.

fas.png.672e30a3e5696c43a4f9e917326a4680.png

The season is about to start and i have managed to arrange some transfer deal. I have snatched Jordan Rossiter, once a Liverpool and Ragners player on a free and for a decent wage too. I am quite happy with this transfer as  i have tied him down for the club in his best football years, wish him luck, Another decent player i brought is Marcus Ifill, anonymous player to me but his attributes were good enough for me to bring him in. Now just SI needs to sort out IW position and role.

aa.thumb.png.30ff130aa007e22b6ff1a4c390cf289d.png

a.thumb.png.c54ce088b8eb8fabd046218004e165d2.png

We are 4 matches in the season and we still dont have a win and the time has already come. The Derby Day! AFC Wimbledon vs MK Dons. First time these two teams met was in 2012 and from then on they had 13 encounters and currently MK Dons is a better team in this rivalry with 7 wins while AFC Wimbledon has 2 wins and 4 matches ended in a draw. Currently MK Dons are on a 8 matches unbeaten streak against AFC Wimbledon with 5 wins and 3 draws, but i plan changing that.

a.png.2eb94a6ad7f0ef1237b86dbe666896fd.png

Saturday August 31st on a wet afternoon at MK Stadium, visiting crowd of 4.255 fans enjoyed a victory against their fiercest rivals after seven years of waiting for a win. Milton Keyes is beaten at their home! What a glorious sight!

aa.png.bc8732d1ede9e30829cf381da9872f5a.png

The Crazy Gang strikes again :)

a.png.a3a11cc6a6d287cfac29bf513beb0664.png

Another year has passed, almost a half a season and our AFC Wimbledon story is looking like a fairy tale with us sitting pretty at the playoff spot.

aa.png.54685237cd2382e8fb10ece09e803050.png

I have managed to strike a winter deal for another RB, a place in the team where i had a bunch of players but they all really lacked quality, i think this player is a great solution for that problem.

aaaa.thumb.png.9e2f3b6390fe38ce63f733e35d40eef8.png

Also, i have managed to sell what was i think my first transfer in Wimbledon, Deri Corfe, my AML which i brought in on the first season.  He did his role, i got better players there now, he became unhappy with playing time so i did not wanted to stay in his way and decided to sell him for a decent profit. 

aaasa.thumb.png.922810156561ee81f2d07cce5b349ad9.png

And finally, i have managed to get the trust and support of the players after two and a half years in charge.

aaaaaaaaa.png.4dbe44063d89fc9eef8659dcb4a826be.png

This years FA Cup is going fine so far, i had some luck in the draw and i am in the third round now where im hosting Huddersfield, team just 3 spots above me and i must say im optimistic about this encounter.as.png.0300b3be737174601a55ca981ad5714a.png

Another obstacle has been broken in the FA Cup, Huddersfield has been beaten confidently and we are on to the next round. Our form recently has not been shiny but i am hoping for a strong response from my team. When i beat my next opponent there will be only 16 teams left in the competition and i am absolutely positive that this is AFC Wimbledons best placement in this competition from the day clubs has been established.

a.png.a4923499119350adfa8a5432ea83e169.png

Untitled.png.63979992543d56ae3758a2a9a1ba07e7.png

We are through, i was expecting more competition from the Bristol side but no, 3:0 deserved victory for home team. We are on to the round of 16 where we travel to Wolverhampton, a Premier League team which with a bit of luck we can beat, i know they are from the PL but its not exactly Man. City, anything is possible, keep ur chin up.

Untitled.png.e86fb7f52e2a43b411d56b39de2f6f5c.png

a.png.0c7866ba0340f529d51796c32b9f3d4d.png