[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

1 hour ago, FmTuga said:

You can change that "greens" colors  in settings file

<colour name="pitch_box_background"        and             <colour name="style_background"       

For the size pitch you can change values of it in pitch with tactics container placed in tactics folder                 

That worked. Now it is just the green bar under the subs and the bar at the top. Any ideas?

image.png.e07a390b2ec94bf7302a8e8cc605fdf4.png

And, as far as the red fade goes, that changes depending on the clubs primary colour.  I don't suppose you know how to make the pitch fit the pattern too?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutos atrás, EnigMattic1 disse:

That worked. Now it is just the green bar under the subs and the bar at the top. Any ideas?

And, as far as the red fade goes, that changes depending on the clubs primary colour.  I don't suppose you know how to make the pitch fit the pattern too?

I think you can adjust the values off it in pitch with tactics container

The other "greens" in FM22 i changed in those tactic slot tab container inside tactics folder

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

tactics/tactics overview side panel, line 80 - the panel is named "top bar"

In the settings file: colour name="picking player available" is controlling the green bar under the subs for me, although I can't remember if that's something I've changed tor reference it!

4 minutes ago, GIMN said:

tactics/tactics overview side panel, line 80 - the panel is named "top bar"

In the settings file: colour name="picking player available" is controlling the green bar under the subs for me, although I can't remember if that's something I've changed tor reference it!

And am I right in thinking that, if the skin I am using doesn't have 'tactics overview side panel', it is using the default?

Is there a way to change/hide the drop down arrow on selector panels?

image.png.0dd94a19669fe00ad787666647feb38b.png

I've been able to add an icon next to it, but not to replace it.  I've tried draw_arrow="false" (this appeared as a flag in popup_buttons_actions class file, but had not effect).  Maybe I need to try another class to popup_button?

I now have this:

image.png.629c24f76af158320a214e26591dcbd4.png

Is it 'tactic slot button picker' that changes the remaining green (1,2 442 etc)? Or is that another file? I have looked in there, but there doesn't appear to be anything colour related other than a line that has:

<widget class="popup_button" id="opti" auto_size="horizontal"  red_replacement="secondary" colour="primary" secondary_icon_colour="primary" fixed="true">

</widget>

1 hora atrás, snowofman disse:

yeah, can't help there. if i remember i can take a look once the family has calmed down for the night

Thank you. The teams that have white as secondary colour you can see them because they are white (example: Arsenal) but in teams like mine (Siena) or Dortmund (as the secondary colour is black) i can´t see them.

I want to change the colour and make it a little more thicker

Edited by PequenoGenio

Does anyone know how to add a background selector? I have got as far as the icon on the titlebar and having it work as far as I can see the available backgrounds. If I select a background however, the background doesn't change. Am I right in assuming that this has something to do with the 'client object browser'?

6 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Thank you. The teams that have white as secondary colour you can see them because they are white (example: Arsenal) but in teams like mine (Siena) or Dortmund (as the secondary colour is black) i can´t see them.

I whant to chang the colour and make it a little more thicker

try and look here, maybe there is something

7 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Does anyone know how to add a background selector? I have got as far as the icon on the titlebar and having it work as far as I can see the available backgrounds. If I select a background however, the background doesn't change. Am I right in assuming that this has something to do with the 'client object browser'?

no clue, but it should be possible to figure out if you have a skin with a selector working, then just compare it to yours

i'm not even sure which skin that has a selector, not really been paying attension to other skins of late

11 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Oh its a colossal pain in the arse. Give me 15 and i'll make a base skin for you

18 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Which file(s) control the inbox news items? - not the story but the inbox on the left. I want to amend the colours of the selected story but not sure where to look

in row.xml of "graphics\tables\custom\inbox\selected" i beleive

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/czdx27yvlziarzn/fm23Base_BS.7z/file

This will add it, you'll need to add the icon from the client_object browser to your own skin

@bluestillidie00 @EnigMattic1 Could one of you break this process down for someone who has never touched anything regarding skins and simply wants to add either 1 different background* to an existing skin or this option to select them? Not my skin, just any skin that doesn't have it by default. Like, i now have this downloaded "base skin", what next? 

*On a skin that doesn't have a default background set in the graphic/background folder (if that were there i could just replace the file ...). 

Edited by Marinho

1 minute ago, Olas Nick said:

the form section in the inbox mini profile team info panel.xml has not been working for 2(?) years. maybe someone fixed it?

2134126025_2022-11-2511_49_21-Window.png.8295d483da2e0c6ab2db24142b3c582c.png

have you logged it as a bug?

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

@bluestillidie00 @EnigMattic1 Could one of you break this process down for someone who has never touched anything regarding skins and simply wants to add either 1 different background* to an existing skin or this option to select them? Not my skin, just any skin that doesn't have it by default. Like, i now have this downloaded "base skin", what next? 

*On a skin that doesn't have a default background set in the graphic/background folder (if that were there i could just replace the file ...). 

tbh it's one of the hardest things you can do. 

First thing you'd want to do is download a program like notepad++, it just easier to use than anything else. You'll want to open panels/client_object/client object browser.xml of both skins, and paste the background selector code near the top from the base skin, into the same location of your own skin. If you Ctrl+F and search "transparency" you can also mess around with the transparency values on a scale of 0-1. 

After this, if you ctrl+f and search for "BS", there will be a section of code which controls the button, this also needs to go into your other file. 

Everything other file in the base skin can be copied straight across. 

Apologies if none of that made sense, going off memory in bed and i literally woke up 10 minutes ago

21 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

tbh it's one of the hardest things you can do. 

First thing you'd want to do is download a program like notepad++, it just easier to use than anything else. You'll want to open panels/client_object/client object browser.xml of both skins, and paste the background selector code near the top from the base skin, into the same location of your own skin. If you Ctrl+F and search "transparency" you can also mess around with the transparency values on a scale of 0-1. 

After this, if you ctrl+f and search for "BS", there will be a section of code which controls the button, this also needs to go into your other file. 

Everything other file in the base skin can be copied straight across. 

Apologies if none of that made sense, going off memory in bed and i literally woke up 10 minutes ago

That's the part I was missing!! Legend. Thank you!!

Been playing around with parts from the FM22 skin I used and took the stadium overview panel and put it into FM23. It looks like this:

image.png.2923182034157f447d15b89ca7952cbc.png

The problem is, 'full screen image doesn't work (and didn't on FM22 either):

image.png.f508b0c89f0877cc5b017ceb3472bc82.png

This is the code in the xml:

<container id="info">
            <translation id="title" type="use" value="Full Screen Image[COMMENT: top level menu title for team information screens]" />
                <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" layout="60,-1,110" offset="0" gap="10"/>
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<!--stadium name        
                <container height="60">
                <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="4"/>
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<widget class="label" spec="text,small" alignment="centre_x,bottom" height="20" >
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="229366" type="use" value="Stadium" />
                    </widget>                
                      <widget class="client_object_label" spec="text,large,bold" id="Tsre" size="20" colour="white" alignment="centre_x,top" icon_alignment="left,top" font="fonts/capitals_bold">
                        <record id="object_property">
                          <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                        </record>
                      </widget>                
                </container>-->                                        

<container >
              <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" gap="4"/>
              <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>    

</container>  

</container>

Am I missing something obvious?

Edited by EnigMattic1

6 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Been playing around with parts from the FM22 skin I used and took the stadium overview panel and put it into FM23. It looks like this:

image.png.2923182034157f447d15b89ca7952cbc.png

The problem is, 'full screen image doesn't work (and didn't on FM22 either):

image.png.f508b0c89f0877cc5b017ceb3472bc82.png

This is the code in the xml:

<container id="info">
            <translation id="title" type="use" value="Full Screen Image[COMMENT: top level menu title for team information screens]" />
                <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" layout="60,-1,110" offset="0" gap="10"/>

<!--stadium name        
                <container height="60">
                <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="4"/>

<widget class="label" spec="text,small" alignment="centre_x,bottom" height="20" >
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="229366" type="use" value="Stadium" />
                    </widget>                
                      <widget class="client_object_label" spec="text,large,bold" id="Tsre" size="20" colour="white" alignment="centre_x,top" icon_alignment="left,top" font="fonts/capitals_bold">
                        <record id="object_property">
                          <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                        </record>
                      </widget>                
                </container>-->                                        

<container >
              <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" gap="4"/>
              <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>    

</container>  

</container>

Am I missing something obvious?

can't actually see any code which would call any images. Just looks like layouts to me 

Does anyone know how the personality is populated here?

<container>
		<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_gap="2" />

<!-- personality -->
		<widget class="text" font="title" auto_size="vertical" alignment="left, centre_y">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="247713" type="use" value="Personality" />
		</widget>

<widget class="text" id="psty" spec="text" auto_size="vertical" alignment="left, centre_y" />
	</container>

I can see it comes from the last widget but I can't find psty anywhere with regards to it being a property, I don't understand how it populates the widget with the value.

3 hours ago, DANNY1000000 said:

Does anyone know how the personality is populated here?

<container>
		<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_gap="2" />

<!-- personality -->
		<widget class="text" font="title" auto_size="vertical" alignment="left, centre_y">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="247713" type="use" value="Personality" />
		</widget>

<widget class="text" id="psty" spec="text" auto_size="vertical" alignment="left, centre_y" />
	</container>

I can see it comes from the last widget but I can't find psty anywhere with regards to it being a property, I don't understand how it populates the widget with the value.

I am pretty sure the 'id="psty" is the code in the skin for Personality, there is probably another file (Person Properties.xml) that has a list/entries of all the codes.

I am not sure what the translation ID is, as I am still new to skinning myself.

FWIW I downloaded and use a program called Astrogrep, you can type in a search string and it will search all the files in the directory you have chosen, it's been handy to figure out where things are.  Not that it helps me make sense of such things, but still...
image.thumb.png.d24333428fdeac84bec5e2a5763a6e40.png

1 hour ago, Jellico73 said:

I am pretty sure the 'id="psty" is the code in the skin for Personality, there is probably another file (Person Properties.xml) that has a list/entries of all the codes.

I am not sure what the translation ID is, as I am still new to skinning myself.

FWIW I downloaded and use a program called Astrogrep, you can type in a search string and it will search all the files in the directory you have chosen, it's been handy to figure out where things are.  Not that it helps me make sense of such things, but still...
image.thumb.png.d24333428fdeac84bec5e2a5763a6e40.png

Its there to represent personality in this instance but its not a property.  The property in the club properties.xml for personality is Csca so I don't understand how it knows what it is