[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 horas atrás, yonko disse:

Can anyone help me edit couple of things on the tactics screen?image.thumb.png.b53d6143a1e442566e7f0cd4bddc8143.png

I want to edit the color of the button on the top left and also the color of the boxes with the players names on the pitch. 

image.thumb.png.1c01722cf07ff6d7b278634a38366def.png

Also during match the top bar on the tactics screen hasn't changed to "bg darker" like on the regular tactics screen. And here I also want to change the color of the top left button as well the color of the boxes with the players names on the pitch. 

Thanks in advance

Nice dark theme

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Hi all,

Anyone remember what controls this please? Specifically the tabbed container and then removing/changing the display of the attributes.

0210ddccb035601585a113b70a6c88b1.png

Thanks!

widgets/scouting centre report card.xml or widgets/scouting centre recommendation card

I'm trying to tab the training container because...well...just because but I've ran into an issue I seem to be getting quite often.

5c3ba5a2f864a06fdca8cafec909cd38.png

I have used the stuff from the selector panels to complete this, as you can see here, but nothing shows up.

<container class="tabbed" id="ttra" default_item="tsBr" save_session_state="true">

<widget class="team_training_week_panel" id="tsBr" section="ttcP" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="466557" type="use" value="Training Session Breakdown[COMMENT; training section of player profile]" />
	</widget>
	<widget class="team_injuries_overview_panel" id="MedC" section="InOv" late_loading="true" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false" file="team/team injuries overview panel snapshot">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="450760" type="use" value="Medical Centre[COMMENT: Panel title for when viewing medical report, was ID 447586 but we've since been asked to change it to Medical Centre]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="training_overview_panel" file="human/manager home training panel" id="tstr" section="ttcP" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="248422" type="use" value="Training[COMMENT; training section of player profile]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="team_training_happiness_widget" id="ttHp" late_loading="true" section="TeTi" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="334174" type="use" value="Training Happiness[COMMENT: player training, player happiness comments]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="training_overview_panel" file="team/team training panel match preparation" id="tMpr" section="ttcP" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="308600" type="use" value="Match Preparation[COMMENT - team screen section for match preparation]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="club_training_performers_panel" id="CTPP" section="TeTi" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="466443" type="use" value="Training Performance[COMMENT; training performance section of manager home panel]" />
	</widget>

Is this the kind of thing that I embed within a different container class item? I've noticed similar stuff when adding things to the data hub opposition overview so wondered if I'm missing out on this knowledge.

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I'm trying to tab the training container because...well...just because but I've ran into an issue I seem to be getting quite often.

5c3ba5a2f864a06fdca8cafec909cd38.png

I have used the stuff from the selector panels to complete this, as you can see here, but nothing shows up.

<container class="tabbed" id="ttra" default_item="tsBr" save_session_state="true">

<widget class="team_training_week_panel" id="tsBr" section="ttcP" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="466557" type="use" value="Training Session Breakdown[COMMENT; training section of player profile]" />
	</widget>
	<widget class="team_injuries_overview_panel" id="MedC" section="InOv" late_loading="true" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false" file="team/team injuries overview panel snapshot">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="450760" type="use" value="Medical Centre[COMMENT: Panel title for when viewing medical report, was ID 447586 but we've since been asked to change it to Medical Centre]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="training_overview_panel" file="human/manager home training panel" id="tstr" section="ttcP" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="248422" type="use" value="Training[COMMENT; training section of player profile]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="team_training_happiness_widget" id="ttHp" late_loading="true" section="TeTi" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="334174" type="use" value="Training Happiness[COMMENT: player training, player happiness comments]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="training_overview_panel" file="team/team training panel match preparation" id="tMpr" section="ttcP" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="308600" type="use" value="Match Preparation[COMMENT - team screen section for match preparation]" />
	</widget>

<widget class="club_training_performers_panel" id="CTPP" section="TeTi" late_loading="true" valid_for_international_teams="false" valid_for_international_youth_teams="false" valid_for_fmt="false" valid_for_unemployed_manager="false">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="466443" type="use" value="Training Performance[COMMENT; training performance section of manager home panel]" />
	</widget>

Is this the kind of thing that I embed within a different container class item? I've noticed similar stuff when adding things to the data hub opposition overview so wondered if I'm missing out on this knowledge.

Thanks!

Have you tried adding <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/> inside each widget (line after translation)?

If I was to provide the graphics/images, could someone change an image for me?  It is the image that shows in the newsfeed. Basically, the image I currently have reads "Canal+" whereas I would like it changing to One Soccer but I have no idea how to change graphics in image editing software.

Just now, EnigMattic1 said:

If I was to provide the graphics/images, could someone change an image for me?  It is the image that shows in the newsfeed. Basically, the image I currently have reads "Canal+" whereas I would like it changing to One Soccer but I have no idea how to change graphics in image editing software.

sure, DM me

16 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Having a 'news feed' day and I've seen this done somewhere else...

Can anyone tell me how I can get the match stats into this panel (reserves match report news panel.xml) please!

Spoiler

da4e13dcb78946d81c281a5ced8db183.png

Thanks in advance.

i've tried myself to pull the match stats into another page, without success :(

so if you manage in some way, please do tell. And i'll do the same ofc

15 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i've tried myself to pull the match stats into another page, without success :(

so if you manage in some way, please do tell. And i'll do the same ofc

I'm sure I saw someone that had included, at least, xG on this screen! I will have a search of the forums...

and in general, I am surprised that people who make dark skin in 9 cases out of 10 are engaged in some kind of ********.  they replace some terrible dark colors with other terrible dark colors, rework panels that look great whiteout changes, change icons... and at same time there are dozens of terrible panels in the game that need to be redesign

11 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

and in general, I am surprised that people who make dark skin in 9 cases out of 10 are engaged in some kind of ********.  they replace some terrible dark colors with other terrible dark colors, rework panels that look great whiteout changes, change icons... and at same time there are dozens of terrible panels in the game that need to be redesign

As someone that has literally spent hours making dark skins, I can't help but feel somewhat offended by your utterly ridiculous claim. If you feel so strongly about this why are you not posting examples of what you feel could be improved in dark skins rather than just beating down the creators with this stick that you seem to use worryingly often.

2 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

for example, I believe that ~50% of inbox panels can be improved.  and you understand it yourself because you wanted to change the reservist match panel.  but someone is interested in just changing the colors and calling it a new skin :)

I see what you mean now. I agree - I have spent a long time working on the inbox panels today because I think a) the mail panel was too wide, leaving the rest of the space a bit cluttered and b) the stuff on the body of the emails can be made much better/more informative. Not confident enough to start adding extra to these panels but playing with the size makes them look nicer:

From this:

cf5e746271e711dae32e2b7bc250b154.png

To this:

1ed96ecfde79fcdd7fe88f8161fe1bf8.png

44 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I see what you mean now. I agree - I have spent a long time working on the inbox panels today because I think a) the mail panel was too wide, leaving the rest of the space a bit cluttered and b) the stuff on the body of the emails can be made much better/more informative. Not confident enough to start adding extra to these panels but playing with the size makes them look nicer:

From this:

cf5e746271e711dae32e2b7bc250b154.png

To this:

1ed96ecfde79fcdd7fe88f8161fe1bf8.png

I completely agree, but at the same time i believe some of the stuff is the way they are so everything works  for everyone no matter what resolution they use

which again leads us to why skin makers can't make everyone happy when making the skin the way they like it and at the same time would like others to use it the same way :)

this is ofc my own thought and belives and may be wrong.

16 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I completely agree, but at the same time i believe some of the stuff is the way they are so everything works  for everyone no matter what resolution they use

which again leads us to why skin makers can't make everyone happy when making the skin the way they like it and at the same time would like others to use it the same way :)

Absolutely! I've been bitten by that releasing a skin that I previously had no intention of doing. I've realised I can't please everyone and will just make stuff that is a) for me and b) works with the resolution that comes listed for the skin.

23 minutes ago, snowofman said:

this is ofc my own thought and belives and may be wrong.

I think that the space in the inbox is used irrationally for any resolution :rolleyes:

I’ve made a lot of things cyan in my skin. Is there a place that I can stipulate the RGB of cyan in order to make everything that is named ‘cyan’ orange, for example?

I’m thinking longer term to updating every single panel to a new colour scheme for a new game etc. 

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I’ve made a lot of things cyan in my skin. Is there a place that I can stipulate the RGB of cyan in order to make everything that is named ‘cyan’ orange, for example?

I’m thinking longer term to updating every single panel to a new colour scheme for a new game etc. 

You should be able to do so by defining it in the settings file - if it's not already there, just add:

<colour name="cyan"		value="rgb(###,###,###)"/>

Of course there's also the knock-on effect that if there is anything in the game already defined as cyan that you didn't want changed, it would change that, too.  Can't imagine that would cause any problems though.

I am trying to edit the noticable events panel on the left. I already managed to add competition logo, stadium etc. However I can not manage to have the home team logo and the away team logo in the same row. Can someone please help me? I tried everything until late last night, but it did not work..

This is my match stats overview.xml:

Zitat

<panel>

<!--This panel is for the mini overview stats we get on the match overview page-->
    <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" />

<boolean id="show_bars" value="false" />

<!--comp picture-->
            <widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="fxCo" scale_picture="true" height="40" >
                <boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" />
                <flags id="image_alignment" value="centre" />
                <record id="object_property" get_property="fxCo" set_property="objt" />
                </widget>    

<!--stadium-->
          <container>
            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="0" />
            <widget class="stadium_button" id="stad" auto_size="all" auto_size_restricted_to_parent_width="true">
              <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="all" />
              <translation id="no_object_text" translation_id="227505" type="use" value="Unknown Stadium"/>
              <record id="object_property">
                <integer id="get_property" value="stad" />
              </record>
            </widget>
          </container>
<!--attendance-->
        <container>
            <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="middle" />
            <widget class="label" auto_size="all">
                <translation id="text" translation_id="247242" type="use" value="Attendance" />
            </widget>
            <widget class="number_label" auto_size="all">
                <record id="object_property" get_property="FxEA" dont_set_hint="true" />
            </widget>
        </container>

<!-- home team main logo -->
            <widget class="picture" id="hmtF" scale_picture="true" height="30" image_alignment="left">
                <record id="object_property" get_property="htpc" set_property="file" />
                </widget>

<!-- away team main logo -->
 <widget class="picture" id="awtF" scale_picture="true" height="30" image_alignment="right">
                <record id="object_property" get_property="atpc" set_property="file" />
                </widget>  

<list id="preset_stats_list">
        <record id="m_sg" />
        <record id="m_on" />
        <record id="m_xg" />
        <record id="m_ps" />
    </list>

<widget class="table" id="mstn" layout="5,-2,-6,-2,5" mode="printable" row_spacing="2" row_height="22" fixed_size_rows="true" auto_size="vertical">

<list id="column_widget_properties">
            <record indx="1" alignment="left,centre_y" colour="text" style="bold"/>
            <record indx="2" alignment="centre" colour="text" />
            <record indx="3" alignment="right,centre_y" colour="text" style="bold"/>
        </list>

<list id="column_table_properties">
            <record indx="1" id="home" sort_disabled="true" />
            <record indx="2" id="labl" sort_disabled="true" />
            <record indx="3" id="away" sort_disabled="true" />
        </list>

</widget>

</panel>

Thank you very much :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-22 um 08.17.55.png

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Olas Nick:

no, this code work perfect
you don't have enough container for badges
with attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange"

Thank you. I have been trying, but seems I can not figure out where and how to put the missing container(s). Sometimes it removes the home and away logos completely and sometimes it just looks the same like in above screenshot.

Container should look like this?

<container>
            <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" />

</container>

2 hours ago, ThomasK said:

I am trying to edit the noticable events panel on the left. I already managed to add competition logo, stadium etc. However I can not manage to have the home team logo and the away team logo in the same row. Can someone please help me? I tried everything until late last night, but it did not work..

This is my match stats overview.xml:

Thank you very much :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-22 um 08.17.55.png

break down the code line by line, there's nothing to tell the game to arrange the logos horizontally, instead your code is telling the game to arrange the logos on top of each other which is what it's doing. 

instead you'd want something like this

<container height="30">
<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="fill"/> 

HOME LOGO

AWAY LOGO

</container>

The fill part tells the game to split the container into two equal columns. 

What causes an image to stretch? I received help in modifying a graphic which I mentioned a few posts above. However, despite the image resolution being exactly the same, the result is different in that the image is stretched. Well, half of it is at least.

image.png.0238e2965d87fe5e989a2e4747b046df.png

17 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

What causes an image to stretch? I received help in modifying a graphic which I mentioned a few posts above. However, despite the image resolution being exactly the same, the result is different in that the image is stretched. Well, half of it is at least.

image.png.0238e2965d87fe5e989a2e4747b046df.png

depends now you've implemented it. if you've implemented it as a widget, you'll need to define a width, and use keep_aspect_ratio="true"

if it's a container, but i'll need a paper.xml file, and set all the image_scaling values to 0

4 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

depends now you've implemented it. if you've implemented it as a widget, you'll need to define a width, and use keep_aspect_ratio="true"

if it's a container, but i'll need a paper.xml file, and set all the image_scaling values to 0

It is the same image as before, just with Canal+ changed to One Soccer. The code was never changed.

This is the code from the xml:

<container class="plain_box" appearance="boxes/custom/inbox/inbox">
                            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout=" -1" gap="0" offset="0" />
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
                        </container>

Edited by EnigMattic1

3 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

It is the same image as before, just with Canal+ changed to One Soccer. The code was never changed.

This is the code from the xml:

<container class="plain_box" appearance="boxes/custom/inbox/inbox">
                            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout=" -1" gap="0" offset="0" />
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
                        </container>

so in that location, you should have the graphic file, and an xml with the same name. Set the image scaling in that to 0.

https://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/432206-Football-Manager-2015-Skinning-Guide-Part-4-Editing-the-Skin-Graphics

22 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

so in that location, you should have the graphic file, and an xml with the same name. Set the image scaling in that to 0.

https://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/432206-Football-Manager-2015-Skinning-Guide-Part-4-Editing-the-Skin-Graphics

I've looked at that link and looked in the xml, but there is nothing about image scaling:

<properties>

<!-- image borders -->
    <!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
    <!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
    <record id="image_borders" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="0"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
    <!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
    <record id="image_slices" left="150" right="10" top="0" bottom="0"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name=""/>
    <colour id="red_replacement" name=""/>
    <colour id="green_replacement" name=""/>

</properties>

Also, on the image, there is a blue line that doesn't show in the screenshot posted above.

inbox.png

49 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
    <!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
    <record id="image_slices" left="150" right="10" top="0" bottom="0"/>

inbox.png

this bit. Can either set it to 0, or use Photoshop and set the left value to whatever value is after the image, so if the graphic is 300px, but the image document is 500px, set it to 305px so it starts stretching after the graphic ends 

17 hours ago, GIMN said:

You should be able to do so by defining it in the settings file - if it's not already there, just add:

<colour name="cyan"		value="rgb(###,###,###)"/>

Of course there's also the knock-on effect that if there is anything in the game already defined as cyan that you didn't want changed, it would change that, too.  Can't imagine that would cause any problems though.

No luck with this, unfortunately! Created the most garish skin with random pinks and yellows but not able to turn that cyan to another colour...

7 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

try increase the size of the container, i think it's being cut off

Ok, do I need inset or offset?

<container>
                        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="40, 25" gap="0" offset="0"/>
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>