[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/03/2023 at 17:10, Loda said:

Suspect it's the placement of a background or overlay container. 

Cross reference it with the base file or one from a custom skin. 

Been through base skin and transparent, just don't know what I am doing wrong , it has now come up as a non transparent box over the top of the default background i have setup. :) 4ff824a57855caafa43c3649c4a80630.png

46 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

I have sorted the main menu one so its transparent but the match engine one is still there. 

Main one has gone.

744eca2e08fec5484289962867563cd1.png

client object browser.xml 12.41 kB · 1 download

Ok not 100% sure what you're trying to do here... guessing you want some kind of general overlay which won't effect match and menu...

I'm unsure though as you've got the answer already there, if that's the case, just adjust the transparency on line 28. This seems a bit too simple...

Line 40 is the issue you've given everything this overlay. That needs to go. I wouldn't be giving any containers appearances in the client browser. 

Using your client browser in my skin with these adjustments gives the overlay (I made it pink for effect) but away from match and menu: 

If I've misunderstood and you don't want any overlay just delete primary/paper, it won't matter then. 

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

client object browser.xml

Edited by Loda

14 hours ago, Loda said:

Ok not 100% sure what you're trying to do here... guessing you want some kind of general overlay which won't effect match and menu...

I'm unsure though as you've got the answer already there, if that's the case, just adjust the transparency on line 28. This seems a bit too simple...

Line 40 is the issue you've given everything this overlay. That needs to go. I wouldn't be giving any containers appearances in the client browser. 

Using your client browser in my skin with these adjustments gives the overlay (I made it pink for effect) but away from match and menu: 

If I've misunderstood and you don't want any overlay just delete primary/paper, it won't matter then. 

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

client object browser.xml 12.35 kB · 0 downloads

Cheers will try it out now, i wanted to get rid of the overlay btw.

2 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Posted my personal skin on twitter and got some good reactions, so i might as well post it here. I won't be releasing it as its largely built off stuff taken from other skins, so it's not fair on them. Shoutout to @GIMN, @Grootinho, @_Ben_, @wkdsoul and others!

fm_hbYRfLLPWk.thumb.png.cd7644c8e8c8f634d94c3126cee86cbc.png fm_cdNVdKnAvn.thumb.png.cfa53c0c68e042fd546c7397aa99dde3.png fm_eAE44NPEDL.thumb.png.1a3ab47b8d22047b370d46db3a5cf8e1.png fm_k6GkwOHPV5.thumb.png.b4fb5d5ae2d8d06296eec167f599f42b.png fm_iCskOXCs4Q.thumb.png.42a2831504f0053a4da36486616d85f1.png fm_tHyJSas4Ez.thumb.png.689823c1fe6b2a65204c297cd94265ba.png fm_xmOInTbuiG.thumb.png.19955117e2ac7e51207dbc4c47684538.png fm_A3ZZ6hYsXp.thumb.png.7909cb310ef9d19100dd0906a6ca3043.pngimage.thumb.png.ce1fe548441040e62934946cc0d5a699.png

Love the tablet idea with the social feed/news panel

2 hours ago, bosssssss said:

hello , someone can help me how i can put the faces of players in the squad view like this in my skin pls

2445356.png.c87836eafab69137b4ed73754513ce7c.png

Easiest way is to export the view and import it in your skin, there is another way of doing it but its pretty complicated

2 hours ago, bosssssss said:

hello , someone can help me how i can put the faces of players in the squad view like this in my skin pls

2445356.png.c87836eafab69137b4ed73754513ce7c.png

Or activate the player picture/mugshot in the person properties.xml and it will be an option within Custom View/General for 99% of all views.

Change the "none" to "play", save and restart the game.

image.png.623833943cfb3f3ad8eb8afc18754dac.png

Struggling with getting the sections stripmenu to show all of the options, it seems to cut off the last few on some of the screens , most notably the scouting screen, any recommendations on what alignment settings need changing so it shifts to the left a bit more or even in the middle of the screen? 

b26df673cf5426afcb0ff5cc08a47a09.png

Spoiler

<!--tab bar-->
                        <!-- @archie.buck The tutorial relies on this id not changing, if you need to adjust it please let me know -->
                        <container height="60" id="tabz">
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- hide this panel in "navigation disabled" mode -->
                                <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
                                    <list id="get_properties">
                                        <record get_property="TTyp" test_mode="equal" value="1" skip_if_null="false" />
                                        <record get_property="dtty" test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="and" value="53" skip_if_null="false" />
                                        <record get_property="hide_tabs" test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="or" value="true" skip_if_null="false" />
                                    </list>
                                    <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
                                </attachment>
<!-- coloured actions bar image -->
                        <widget class="picture" file="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper" blue_replacement="dark grey"/>
                        <!-- actions and sections bar -->
                                <container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" alignment="right" inset="0"/>

En 20/3/2023 a las 11:33, Nachote912 dijo:

Good morning/afternoon, sorry to bother you. I wanted to know how I can add an attributes tab in the green area that i highligthed. I hope someone's help!! thank you so much!!

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-20 113142.png

Can someone help me please?? i don't want to bother us or being disrespectfull

2 hours ago, Nachote912 said:

Can someone help me please?? i don't want to bother us or being disrespectfull

There's a thread on this not that far down, please search. I've actually provided the code.

That main container needs to be turned into a tabbed container too if that's how you want it. 

Pretty much every player overview panel these days have a tabbed container so search within one of these to see how you need to organise this section 

The panel in question here is: widgets/scouting centre report card

If you don't have this panel in your skin, you need to go back to basics and look at the guides and extract the resource archiver.

Alternatively just 'steal' one from someone else's skin. Many edit this page.

hace 35 minutos, Loda dijo:

There's a thread on this not that far down, please search. I've actually provided the code.

That main container needs to be turned into a tabbed container too if that's how you want it. 

Pretty much every player overview panel these days have a tabbed container so search within one of these to see how you need to organise this section 

The panel in question here is: widgets/scouting centre report card

If you don't have this panel in your skin, you need to go back to basics and look at the guides and extract the resource archiver.

Alternatively just 'steal' one from someone else's skin. Many edit this page.

Thank you for your help mate and sorry to bother you..

Em 23/03/2023 em 13:50, bosssssss disse:

how i put the player faces here on the tactics panel? pls

image.png.6f7fa513a448bcc58882e9e30c6dfdfa.png

Brasically, you will need to add the code below in panels/tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml

You will need to adjust the size according to your taste, do this through inset values.

Further explanations can be found here: 

Spoiler

<container>
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-1, 20" offset="0" gap="2"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="1" apply_to_children="true"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" >
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,36,0"/>
                <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
            </widget>

</container>

10 minutes ago, Nachote912 said:

Sorry for bother again, i'm very noob with skinning, but i'm trying to autosize the panel but i cant.. it's very frustrating

image.png.5f17170baaf56dc8710f64c62be26aba.png

That requires reformatting of the involved tables, row spacing being an obvious one and the text sizes maybe potentially (kinda depends what you want). This will be found within the attributes panel you've linked. Maybe an additional attributes panel too, I'm not sure what has been done with this skin... If you don't have separate attribute panels you will be effecting the player overview as well however (maybe more, I always have separate attribute panels for this reason) so I wouldn't recommend it and to be honest I would also question how good that will look... Seems like potentially a lot of effort (if you're not a skinner) for not a lot. I might consider adding something else in... or maybe condensing it a bit.

Saying that I think it looks alright as is to be fair. :thup:

1 hour ago, Nachote912 said:

i'm trying to autosize the panel but i cant

The size of the panel does not change when the "height" and "width" parameters are changed? It's almost impossible to answer something without seeing the code. And why did you even start doing it?

20 minutes ago, Nachote912 said:

player scout reports attributes.xml 7.39 kB · 0 downloads attributes panel1.xml 7.48 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, I have this panels that i took from OPZ but i don't know how to separate more the additional attributes, also i don't know how to separate more the attributes to complete all the box..

maybe the height of the panel is 350, this is set in line 150 of the first file.
and the ratio of the sizes of the panels of the main and additional attributes equal to 11/3 is set in the 2nd line of the 2nd file.

if you want to start changing something in the skins, it's better to start with the default skin.
custom skins can be very difficult to understand.

Tables tend to have set row heights/spacing so regardless of the size of the container they often don't adjust. This is especially true of attribute tables (I had to scramble for something to fill the excess space within mine on the overview..). I'm trying and struggling to think of any table that has automatically adjusted to be honest (vertically, it's a given they will horizontally). 

So... 

You might want to look at: Row height and row spacing in the second panel. 

And you may also want to consider increasing the text sizes for the attribute name and value sections, just add size="whatever value suits"  to help it look less sparse.

That's the best I can suggest if you're intend on these changes. @Nachote912

Although looking back at the screenshot I'm not  convinced that space is entirely allocated to the attributes given the traits are getting cut off. The primary panel needs further investigation for me to be sure, which you've not provided. 

Edited by Loda

hace 38 minutos, Loda dijo:

Tables tend to have set row heights/spacing so regardless of the size of the container they often don't adjust. This is especially true of attribute tables (I had to scramble for something to fill the excess space within mine on the overview..). I'm trying and struggling to think of any table that has automatically adjusted to be honest (vertically, it's a given they will horizontally). 

So... 

You might want to look at: Row height and row spacing in the second panel. 

And you may also want to consider increasing the text sizes for the attribute name and value sections, just add size="whatever value suits"  to help it look less sparse.

That's the best I can suggest if you're intend on these changes. @Nachote912

Although looking back at the screenshot I'm not  convinced that space is entirely allocated to the attributes given the traits are getting cut off. The primary panel needs further investigation for me to be sure, which you've not provided. 

hace 1 hora, Olas Nick dijo:

maybe the height of the panel is 350, this is set in line 150 of the first file.
and the ratio of the sizes of the panels of the main and additional attributes equal to 11/3 is set in the 2nd line of the 2nd file.

if you want to start changing something in the skins, it's better to start with the default skin.
custom skins can be very difficult to understand.

Thank you both, for answer quickly.. I will change some numbers, let see if i can change something..

@Loda This is the primary panel what you were asking for it.. scouting centre report card.xml

What controls the colour of the data hub's cyan in the polygons it provides please? 

image.png

Found it! in Widgets > data hub polygon analyser visualisation.xml 

Spoiler

<panel>
    <real id ="label_width_offset" value="0.0" />
    <!-- Scale the polygon to fit the widget and draw it in code -->
    <boolean id="scale_picture" value="true" />
    <boolean id="fill_polygon" value="true" />
    <integer id="layer_id_to_draw" value="1" />
    <!-- First layer colour-->
    <record id="line_style">
        <colour id="colour" name="fg" />
        <integer id="alpha" value="50" />
        <real id="width" value="2.0" />
    </record>
    <!-- Second layer colour-->
    <record id="second_colour">
        <colour id="colour" name="Red 400" />
        <string id="size" value="large" />
        <integer id="alpha" value="120" />
        <string id="style" value="semi_bold" />
        <real id="width" value="2.0" />
    </record>

<record id="highlight_settings">
        <record id="line_style">
            <colour id="colour" name="fg alpha" />
            <real id="width" value="3.0" />
        </record>
        <real id="radius" value="10.0" />
    </record>

<!-- Colours (and number) of the concentric polygon rings -->
    <list id="ring_colours">
        <colour red="100" green="100" blue="120" alpha="100"/>
        <colour red="100" green="100" blue="120" alpha="85"/>
        <colour red="100" green="100" blue="120" alpha="70"/>
        <colour red="100" green="100" blue="120" alpha="55"/>
        <colour red="100" green="100" blue="120" alpha="40"/>
    </list>
</panel>

Edited by JustHowie
Found solution

Hii skinners,

I don't know where to ask this without 'necroing' an 2/3 year old topic. I am using FM21, and this week I discovered I could add faces to the match panel widget. I downloaded a generic xml file and it was working lovely. Then I thought lets download a better xml-file from a skin. Works awesome too. Even better. However, I noticed both doesn't display an injury. Cards, goals, etc all fine, but no injuries. When I delete the xml file and it uses the vanilla xml file it works as it should be. I also took a look in the xml files, but can't see anything wrong. Maybe my knowledge is just not good enough. Can anyone push me in the right direction? I am using the base dark skin from michaeltmurrayuk

Thank you so much. Hope to learn a bit more.

Regards,

Marius

ps. Found a widget xml that have injury working. Awesome. Need to delve myself in the code

match players bar widget.xml match players bar widget.xml

Edited by RinusFM

Real newby question as I am trying to modify a skin I downloaded with some small adjustments to my taste.

What is 'translation id' and where is the 'translation_id' value derived from?

Example:

<translation id="name" translation_id="230024" type="use" value="Goalkeeping" />

I just trying to understand it so I have more of an idea what I am changing.

Would anyone be able to help and please tell me where and how I can edit the highlighted headings?

I got all the others and would like to make it all the same as #1 or even remove them.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.5bb3943cfac275a7b7219d2944b50472.png

2 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Real newby question as I am trying to modify a skin I downloaded with some small adjustments to my taste.

What is 'translation id' and where is the 'translation_id' value derived from?

Example:

<translation id="name" translation_id="230024" type="use" value="Goalkeeping" />

I just trying to understand it so I have more of an idea what I am changing.

translation_id is what tells the game how to translate. You can find them all in the file example, in the languages file in your football manager 2023 folder

10 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

translation_id is what tells the game how to translate. You can find them all in the file example, in the languages file in your football manager 2023 folder

Thanks, that makes things clearer.

Another question, is there a reference file available that lists all the IDs/values you can reference to pull information from the db for the skin to display?

4 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Thanks, that makes things clearer.

Another question, is there a reference file available that lists all the IDs/values you can reference to pull information from the db for the skin to display?

Yeah in the langauges file i mentioned

2 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Yeah in the languages file i mentioned

OK. What about IDs like the following (id=pfed):

<!-- Player match feedback-->
<widget class="table" id="pfed" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows,printable,keyboard" layout="200, 80, 70, -1" row_spacing="0" auto_size_rows="true" save_session_state="true">

I see many of these 4 letter codes use for IDs or Properties in the various skin XML files  but can't find them in the languages file.

1 hour ago, Powermonger said:

OK. What about IDs like the following (id=pfed):

<!-- Player match feedback-->
<widget class="table" id="pfed" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows,printable,keyboard" layout="200, 80, 70, -1" row_spacing="0" auto_size_rows="true" save_session_state="true">

I see many of these 4 letter codes use for IDs or Properties in the various skin XML files  but can't find them in the languages file.

ah sorry no i misunderstood you

yeah nah, there's no real documentation unfortunately.

3 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

ah sorry no i misunderstood you

yeah nah, there's no real documentation unfortunately.

No problems, you’ve been a big help even if I started to feel a bit dim :(

42 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

part of the identifiers can be seen in the .\properties\*.xml files

Ah ok cheers, I’ll give them a peruse. :thup:

Edited by Powermonger

3 hours ago, Powermonger said:

No problems, you’ve been a big help even if I started to feel a bit dim :(

Ah ok cheers, I’ll give them a peruse. :thup:

always around if you need to bounce ideas and stuff of someone!

38 minutes ago, bosssssss said:

Hello , can someone tell me how i put the position/role/duty here on this space on the scouting reports? pls

image.thumb.png.22f156676a6a19af7173812e38caf5f5.png

exact code you use on the player overview should work fine 

40 minutes ago, bosssssss said:

what is the file that control this panel?

widgets/scouting centre report card i believe 

37 minutes ago, Mark8213 said:

what is the name of this panel please 

Screenshot (153).png

match/match team news panel

On 26/03/2023 at 12:40, lugui said:

Would anyone be able to help and please tell me where and how I can edit the highlighted headings?

I got all the others and would like to make it all the same as #1 or even remove them.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.5bb3943cfac275a7b7219d2944b50472.png

So it'll depend. If the containers are in a box which supports titles, you can edit the fonts and colours in the paper.xml file

Like so 

image.png.5fee5dcca58298bbf94972d7cc6c00ea.png

If they're just normal font files, just whack a font="title" on them