[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

So I am trying to edit the player overview, however it keeps coming up looking like this for the player details section. Any help appreciated, thanks.

fa775b2582eab99302bbc4a7ffad2eb2.png

6be03d630828802197eb9d7998f96a08.png

Look for player personal details panel. I think the height=“300” bit on this container isn’t the issue, but I’d play around with that too.

10 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Look for player personal details panel. I think the height=“300” bit on this container isn’t the issue, but I’d play around with that too.

Thank you. I had to get rid of all the bordered box containers as they were limiting the size. 84dd2f1247613f25767bafb0034221da.png

Does anyone know how I can change the text colour of the calendar next to the continue button?

It currently appears in a light turquoise colour like it does in the default skin, but I would like for it to match the secondary colour of club I am managing to go along with my skin I am experimenting with.

Any help is much appreciated as my skinning knowledge consists of just moving xml files from one skin to another.

33 minutos atrás, lukewm disse:

Does anyone know how I can change the text colour of the calendar next to the continue button?

It currently appears in a light turquoise colour like it does in the default skin, but I would like for it to match the secondary colour of club I am managing to go along with my skin I am experimenting with.

Any help is much appreciated as my skinning knowledge consists of just moving xml files from one skin to another.

Look for /panels/widgets/current game date widget.xml.

There, change the colours as you like. First line controls the DATE, second controls the TIME, I believe.

<widget class="text" id="dtam" auto_size="none" size="9" alignment="centre_x,bottom" style="bold, shadowed" colour="white" height="16"/>
      <widget class="text" id="dytm" auto_size="none" size="7" alignment="centre_x,top" style="embossed" colour="gray" height="16"/>

Edited by lugui

Wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I am having with my skin, as you can see my sidebar is set to primary club colours but when I click on an icon in this case the inbox icon, the icon goes completely pink [or primary colour of club] and isn't visible, is there anyway I can set it back to normal.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 13.41.46.png

1 hour ago, lukewm said:

Wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I am having with my skin, as you can see my sidebar is set to primary club colours but when I click on an icon in this case the inbox icon, the icon goes completely pink [or primary colour of club] and isn't visible, is there anyway I can set it back to normal.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 13.41.46.png

db286f455bdbba0ba8e12830b3958eab.png

I have my staff panel set up so that coaching, scouting and medical appear on separate tabs. Is it possible to have the overall panel open on the last tab that I was on? As it stands, I have to click on one of the tabs in order to see any information.

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have my staff panel set up so that coaching, scouting and medical appear on separate tabs. Is it possible to have the overall panel open on the last tab that I was on? As it stands, I have to click on one of the tabs in order to see any information.

You’d need to add something in section meta data. Not in front of my PC right now to show you but it’s there and quite temperamental!

Hi looking for some help with a very strange problem.

So this morning i spend a few hours making changes to this part of the panel

Everything was showing and working find. But after turn the game and computer off this has now disappeared

This is the code i have used to get the heading is and i have not changed anything since turning the game and computer off.

<container id="Adva" >
                        <translation id="title" value="Advanced Statistics" type="use"/>
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>

<container class="tcs_box">

<widget class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="stat" file="player/tcs/advsta/per 90">
                                <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
                            </widget>
                        </container>
                        </container>

Even after put the file back to normal from the moneyball skin it will not show anything like it did earlier.

Does anyone have a clue as to why.

image.jpeg

Hello all,

Please, what files or configuration responsible for controlling the size of the text: both in the column with the list of news in the mailbox - headlines, for instance - and the text of the news itself?

I would like to reduce the size, I feel its too big for the low resolution I play and I don't want to have to play in a different zoom % than the current one. I have a feeling it's controlled by something general within the FONTS folder, but I didn't want to screw other things up.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.7cb4d7585e93dc6c744d442b3c1d94ff.png

Edited by lugui

9 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Figured it would be. It isn't a gamebreaker for me, just a little annoying.

You can do this. Still not home but I think you’ll need to create the panel and then link it correctly in the meta data. I will try and show you an example later on. 

2 hours ago, el-chambo said:

Hi looking for some help with a very strange problem.

So this morning i spend a few hours making changes to this part of the panel

Everything was showing and working find. But after turn the game and computer off this has now disappeared

This is the code i have used to get the heading is and i have not changed anything since turning the game and computer off.

<container id="Adva" >
                        <translation id="title" value="Advanced Statistics" type="use"/>

<container class="tcs_box">

<widget class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="stat" file="player/tcs/advsta/per 90">
                                <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
                            </widget>
                        </container>
                        </container>

Even after put the file back to normal from the moneyball skin it will not show anything like it did earlier.

Does anyone have a clue as to why.

image.jpeg

Would it not be players/tcs/tabs/advsta/per 90?

No I removed the tabs part as only transfer over the advsta folder from Moneyball skin to the tcs folder in my skin.

This is why I do not understand what the issue is was working fine and I did loads of changes to one of the files in the advsta folder and it was all working fine until I close the game down.

Never had this before

9 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Does anyone know why I am missing options from the 'Overview' dropdown for AI controlled teams on the 'Club Overview' panel?

image.png.c564b29ee12ba07b638c5999883e1a43.png

Have you been in section meta data or the other file in that folder? If you’ve used a base from another skin, they may be missing - for example, mine is as I have linked another panel instead. 

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Have you been in section meta data or the other file in that folder? If you’ve used a base from another skin, they may be missing - for example, mine is as I have linked another panel instead. 

It is a modified FME base but the section meta data is from WTCS5 as I wanted the squad depth back. There was no sections folder in FME originally which is why I am using the files from WTCS. Do you know what I would need to change?

Just now, EnigMattic1 said:

It is a modified FME base but the section meta data is from WTCS5 as I wanted the squad depth back. There was no sections folder in FME originally which is why I am using the files from WTCS. Do you know what I would need to change?

Not at my PC right now but check for stuff coded out - for example <!—- before lines of code. That’s the ‘easiest’ way to remove them. If they’ve been deleted, you’d need to start again. That might help you locate how the squad depth has been moved though? Blessing in disguise?

12 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Not at my PC right now but check for stuff coded out - for example <!—- before lines of code. That’s the ‘easiest’ way to remove them. If they’ve been deleted, you’d need to start again. That might help you locate how the squad depth has been moved though? Blessing in disguise?

I can find the info in both sidebar sections and section meta data. Out of interest, does exiting and restarting have any effect after editing section meta or is that only person properties?

Squad depth is working fine now, I have not long noticed that I was missing info from the club overview tab.

Edited by EnigMattic1

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I can find the info in both sidebar sections and section meta data. Out of interest, does exiting and restarting have any effect after editing section meta or is that only person properties?

Yes. Section edits tend to need a restart of the game also.

5 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

If there isn't a panel/file in a certain skin i am using - where does the game get it from?

Basically i want to amend something from a skin i am using but it's not in any of the folders.... how and where do i get it to amend?

Just now, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Ah ok - so if a skin doesn't have a file the game will use the base skin?... 

yeah it'll use what's in panels.fmf. 

Easier way to explain it, it loads the base skin, then if you have a custom skin loaded it loads that over the top

1 minute ago, bluestillidie00 said:

yeah it'll use what's in panels.fmf. 

Easier way to explain it, it loads the base skin, then if you have a custom skin loaded it loads that over the top

Ah perfect

So i just extract panels.fmf - find the file i want to amend, copy it out and then put it into my skins folder and edit away?

20 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

So i just extract panels.fmf - find the file i want to amend, copy it out and then put it into my skins folder and edit away?

in general yes but sometimes the file may not be in panels.fmf
you need to search also in skins.fmf

In the match day after a certain period of time if you hover over a players rating there's a break down (after half time I think) is there a way for this to work whenever the players rating is available? If so can someone possibly point me in the right direction

I've got a question regarding attributes and attributeless skins. If I was to take a skin and make an attributeless version, how can I have both without them conflicting? 

For example, if I have skin 'A' and 'B' in the skins folder at the same time (one being an attributeless version of the other), If I have 'A' selected but want to change to 'B' at a later time, it only highlights "reload skin" in preferences and not "confirm".

However, if I have the non-attributeless skin selected, there are still areas that show from the attributeless skin unless I remove the attributeless skin from the 'skins' folder.

Next question. Does anyone know what I've done here? I'm assuming section meta data again?

image.png.9ec75eee1aa4336e26e1082fedf97db4.png

If you cant see it, "Default Colours" and "Place of Birth". On the staff profile, it is normal, it only shows like this when searching.

Edited by EnigMattic1

17 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I've got a question regarding attributes and attributeless skins. If I was to take a skin and make an attributeless version, how can I have both without them conflicting? 

For example, if I have skin 'A' and 'B' in the skins folder at the same time (one being an attributeless version of the other), If I have 'A' selected but want to change to 'B' at a later time, it only highlights "reload skin" in preferences and not "confirm".

However, if I have the non-attributeless skin selected, there are still areas that show from the attributeless skin unless I remove the attributeless skin from the 'skins' folder.

skin_name in skin_config

Does anyone know how the stop the kits and the faces on the tactics screen from re-sizing when you change the formation?

When I use a 5-2-3 formation, they go smaller (like below)

image.png.2fce9ea919a23ffa3b7007915085c696.png

However, when I change to a 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 (like below), they go larger and the kits and faces overlap and it looks more clumsy.

image.png.2aa8486375dba0b13535a936aa164e16.png

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

16 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

image.thumb.png.6e2d111507339198e618fca4f8a0f50c.png

when i add this touchline tablet i lost the tabs and having just one screen. anyone give tips how to fix it?

You're probably missing class files from whereever you coped it from

On the Nation Overview, if a skin has the following code:

<!--country-->
                                <widget class="picture" id="flag" height="60" transparency="0.9" image_alignment="middle" scale_picture="true">
                                <animation class="slide_in_right_animation" duration="0.5" tween="ease_out" high_priority="true" />
                                        <boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true"/>
                                        <record id="object_property">
                                        <integer id="get_property" value="flag"/>
                                    </record>
                                </widget>

Is it possible to change it so it displays the nation logo as opposed to the nation flag? I am assuming that it would involve changing the id and value I have highlighted in bold?