Yellow cards

Is anyone seeing a significantly higher number of yellow cards in fm23?

im playing as West Ham, now in 2026, things have been going really well so I’m happy with my tactic etc, but our yellow card count is ridiculous. In 14 PL matches we’ve had 50 yellows & 3 reds, next highest is 36.

My CB Todibo has 10 in 14 matches. Yet his stats are 16 for all of tackling, marking, anticipation, composure. And has only 14 for aggression. In 15 matches he’s made 31 tackle attempts, winning 23, committing 24 fouls. With those player stats he should be capable of less bookings. 

Nico Barella, who granted has 19 for aggression & 18 for bravery but 17 for tackling has played 6 matches, 4 yellow, 2 red. 

I play a higher def line & a high press but I DONT tell them to get stuck in. And I instruct my CB to drop off more so in theory they should have more time thinking how to tackle! We are averaging 53% possession & 3rd in table so it’s not as tho we are under the cosh and players are making desperate tackles 

Anyone else seeing this as well or any suggestions?!

11 hours ago, dazza11 said:

I’m a fm amateur. How do I look into that?

It is a hidden attribute and unless you have an editor used, it cant be seen directly.  As was said above, your coach report should highlight if the attribute was notably high.

On 20/11/2022 at 12:11, dazza11 said:

Is anyone seeing a significantly higher number of yellow cards in fm23?

im playing as West Ham, now in 2026, things have been going really well so I’m happy with my tactic etc, but our yellow card count is ridiculous. In 14 PL matches we’ve had 50 yellows & 3 reds, next highest is 36.

My CB Todibo has 10 in 14 matches. Yet his stats are 16 for all of tackling, marking, anticipation, composure. And has only 14 for aggression. In 15 matches he’s made 31 tackle attempts, winning 23, committing 24 fouls. With those player stats he should be capable of less bookings. 

Nico Barella, who granted has 19 for aggression & 18 for bravery but 17 for tackling has played 6 matches, 4 yellow, 2 red. 

I play a higher def line & a high press but I DONT tell them to get stuck in. And I instruct my CB to drop off more so in theory they should have more time thinking how to tackle! We are averaging 53% possession & 3rd in table so it’s not as tho we are under the cosh and players are making desperate tackles 

Anyone else seeing this as well or any suggestions?!

Since you are the 'best' in league by a mile it's your tactics, head to the tactics forum and post your tactic there. Some players are dirty, but if your defenders making last ditch tackles all the time your are going to get a lot of cards.