Moving Russia

latrell

You would need a rebuild of the Asian Continental Club Cups. From what I understand moving Russia to Asia won't be enough as previous versions doing that with Kazakhstan did not add Kazakhstan to the AFC Champions League.

Yeah, you'd have to rebuild the ACL from scratch. IIRC Europe is the only continent where the club competitions automatically update for new nations.

I think moving russia to Asia would get them added to Asian international competitions though. Asian internationals are actually the best at updating for new countries and IIRC the russia block only exists in European competitions. Not sure where the guide for how to edit the continent tab is, but it's around somewhere if you look for it.

49 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Can you rebuild AFC continental comps with coefficients now? Or would you just have to set in stone the current numbers (4 teams from Japan etc)

You can, yes. But they're not visible in game. Countries can move up/down the coefficient table and earn/lose places but you can't check what each country's coefficients are or where they are in the table. It's really annoying actually. Plus it also breaks the dynamic league rep and prize money (which for me at least makes it pointless to do).

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

You can, yes. But they're not visible in game. Countries can move up/down the coefficient table and earn/lose places but you can't check what each country's coefficients are or where they are in the table. It's really annoying actually. Plus it also breaks the dynamic league rep and prize money (which for me at least makes it pointless to do).

Carlito changed something in my FM20 edit which made them visible, so maybe it's just a checkbox missing?

4 hours ago, latrell said:

is it possible in the editor just to delete a whole competition eg just deleting the Asian champions league and making my own

You don't need to actually delete anything. If you just create your own rules for the ACL they'll override the default rules (as long as you set it to fixed format at least).

3 hours ago, oche balboa said:

When i finally get the game this is what i want to do. Might be tough to get everything exactly right 

please share when you do i really want to play a long term save with this. when are you planning on buying the game ?

Edited by latrell

17 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Soon (1-2 Weeks time)  Yeah i have a few ideas bouncing around in my empty head. Will let you know how its getting on 

fantastic i have faith in your empty head :) that you can make this a reality appreciate you giving this ago look forward to see how you get on.

3 hours ago, MGC88 said:

Would reactivating the Soviet Union with all the Russian players, clubs, cities etc work? 

It's a big task, so I don't want to put in the time without knowing it would work.

@rusty217 has said this will not work i have almost giving up hope of this happening but @Wolf_pdhas said something in another thread that blows my mind about ireland pre 1920 could be a option.

Edited by latrell

3 hours ago, MGC88 said:

Would reactivating the Soviet Union with all the Russian players, clubs, cities etc work? 

I can only speak for FM22, but I have the Soviet Union active as the Soviet Union (Iron Curtain 22 with a complete FM22).

There are so many options in there like "show coefficient" and stuff that you might be able to recreate it properly. I think they're upping the foreigners allowed from next season so I wouldn't mind rebuilding it for that, but that's probably a much smaller job. (edit: looks like they accounted for it)

Do North Korea have a coefficient? If we didn't mind starting that low I've considered unifying all of North Korea into a unified Korea Rep. and then re-writing over the North Korea ID with Russian Federation or something. Then figure something out for the old Russia. Would keep all the IDs and hard coding intact

Edited by themodelcitizen

25 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

There are so many options in there like "show coefficient" and stuff that you might be able to recreate it properly. I think they're upping the foreigners allowed from next season so I wouldn't mind rebuilding it for that, but that's probably a much smaller job.

Do North Korea have a coefficient? If we didn't mind starting that low I've considered unifying all of North Korea into a unified Korea Rep. and then re-writing over the North Korea ID with Russian Federation or something. Then figure something out for the old Russia. Would keep all the IDs and hard coding intact

So you believe it is possible to get Russian teams playing in the Asian champions league ? By placing the whole Russian federation in north korea i only have limited editor knowledge i can make a league and a cup but it seems like what your saying would take weeks if not months of work to make happen or less i am mistaken, would be great if you decided to take the project on i have a obsession right now of playing a save with Russian teams in the Asian champions league :) 

You can get them in there now, it just breaks the (visible) coefficient system. But someone said there was a working version last year so it must be doable. Changing nations wholesale like that would fix the international issues too but yeah it's a huge project, maybe last resort if we can't get anything else working 

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I guess you'd try to put them in the West Zone, unless we can somehow code an exception for Dynamo Vladivostok :lol:

Is it even possible to add them to the West Zone? I think not being able to assign new countries to zones is one of the reasons they aren't added to Asian club competitions. Although I believe the game can shift countries from 1 zone to another by default anyway, right?

I don't believe it's possible to have zones in a custom created continental cup though. Last time I tried to do re-do the ACL I figured out a way to do the east/west split based on location of the clubs though, rather than the countries. That was a pretty good way to do it, made it dynamic as well with teams from countries like India being able to be on either side of the draw depending on how many eastern/western teams there were.

2 hours ago, latrell said:
cant even open this page due to censorship but it seems like this will happen 

Yep, I think it's a strong possibility. TBH I don't see UEFA countries being willing to accept them back even after the war is over, so russia will probably have to move to AFC whether they want to or not.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, latrell said:

Has anyone made any breakthroughs with doing this.

The answer remains as it always has, you need to create an entirely new set of Asian club continental competitions. It's been that way for years. Have a look in the downloads section to see if anybody has done it. I think I've only seen custom versions for Europe, North America and Oceania though.

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

The answer remains as it always has, you need to create an entirely new set of Asian club continental competitions. It's been that way for years. Have a look in the downloads section to see if anybody has done it. I think I've only seen custom versions for Europe, North America and Oceania though.

Thanks rusty ill have a look was hoping since its been a couple of months someone might of made it but there does not seem the interest in it for it to happen.

23 minutes ago, latrell said:

Thanks rusty ill have a look was hoping since its been a couple of months someone might of made it but there does not seem the interest in it for it to happen.

The main problem is it's just a tonne of work to do and most people aren't invested in russia enough to want to do it. I'd like to do it, more for Israel/Kazakhstan than russia, but I'm not interested in any of those countries enough to warrant the effort. Plus some things will be missed out due to hard coding which I'd really rather avoid.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

The main problem is it's just a tonne of work to do and most people aren't invested in russia enough to want to do it. I'd like to do it, more for Israel/Kazakhstan than russia, but I'm not interested in any of those countries enough to warrant the effort. Plus some things will be missed out due to hard coding which I'd really rather avoid.

i understand maybe in the future it maybe easier to do when the Russia ban is over, until then ill hope some hardcore Russian football fan joins the forum with the same idea as i have but with the time to make it happen :) 

5 minutes ago, latrell said:

i understand maybe in the future it maybe easier to do when the Russia ban is over, until then ill hope some hardcore Russian football fan joins the forum with the same idea as i have but with the time to make it happen :) 

The russian ban doesn't actually affect it. The issue is Asian competitions. Although they're getting changed in the near future anyway, so maybe the default competitions will be able to adjust for new countries then. Would be super easy to do if SI made some changes there. I've requested it on the feature request section of the site already too.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it specifically Russia you're looking to play with in the AFC, or are you just looking to get Russia to play competitively in any continent? I have added them to a file I downloaded that had changed the world cup format to stay at 32 teams. I activated them for tournament qualifying which dropped San Marino down a bit. So San Marino and Andorra are often leap frogging each other in the world rankings in order to get them to play in the euros or world cup qualifying. Along with my own custom European club file I have russian clubs participating in European football as well.

5 hours ago, omarsorto6 said:

Yea there is a way around it , I have a file that puts them in a old file of Carlitos afc champions league , but I also put Kazakhstan in Asia too 

can you share this file please.

3 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Is it specifically Russia you're looking to play with in the AFC, or are you just looking to get Russia to play competitively in any continent? I have added them to a file I downloaded that had changed the world cup format to stay at 32 teams. I activated them for tournament qualifying which dropped San Marino down a bit. So San Marino and Andorra are often leap frogging each other in the world rankings in order to get them to play in the euros or world cup qualifying. Along with my own custom European club file I have russian clubs participating in European football as well.

i am looking for Russian football clubs to play in the AFC specifically. 

On 02/03/2023 at 08:28, oche balboa said:

Well I tried to create an International Cup with Russia involved but its doesn't seem to work. Is there a way round it 

There shouldn't be any issue with russia. I've added them to international competitions with no problem. They're still not allowed to play home games and don't show up fully in the FIFA rankings, but the competition works fine with them.

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

There shouldn't be any issue with russia. I've added them to international competitions with no problem. They're still not allowed to play home games and don't show up fully in the FIFA rankings, but the competition works fine with them.

I created a new international competition & included Russia but the game ignored them 

4 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Doesn't seem to work

Here it is anyway 

Russia International Cup.fmf 16.18 kB · 1 download

Nothing wrong with russia there. Use Get Qualified Teams For Comp in your Teams section. NOT Lowest Qualified Teams From End Of List. The latter doesn't remove teams from the list so the teams knocked out in Stage 0 just get added back into Stage 1 instead of the 4 remaining teams (1 of which is russia). Make that change and all the missing teams will correctly appear in the competition.

20230309102954_1.thumb.jpg.cd01ddcbd2f14810c215503797261dcf.jpg

20230309102703_1.thumb.jpg.394392684cb268821f65664453c7b64b.jpg

Also, FYI Cup stages can have more than 1 round. If you had every round in 1 stage, rather than 1 stage per round, this issue wouldn't have happened either.