XG

54 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

What is the point of it on FM?

https://statsbomb.com/soccer-metrics/expected-goals-xg-explained/

Put simply, Expected Goals (xG) is a metric designed to measure the probability of a shot resulting in a goal.

An xG model uses historical information from thousands of shots with similar characteristics to estimate the likelihood of a goal on a scale between 0 and 1.

1 hour ago, Bielsa1975 said:

All that tells me then is my players cant hit a cows backside with a banjo but the AI players can hit a ant in the eye 

Might wanna use it to tell you that you need either a better tactic, that produces better chances, or just better strikers. 

Btw, any news on when you're joining Bournemouth? :D

5 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

All that tells me then is my players cant hit a cows backside with a banjo but the AI players can hit a ant in the eye 

It was allways like that, SI do it to annoy players to force them to stop buying the game, works like a treat. /s

12 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Well, anything the AI can do you can do too. The match engine does not separate between human and AI, so either you are doing something wrong or your players are not performing. It's the managers task to identify and rectify this.

19 hours ago, anagain said:

Might wanna use it to tell you that you need either a better tactic, that produces better chances, or just better strikers. 

Btw, any news on when you're joining Bournemouth? :D

So i have XG of 3.95 30shots 16 0n target fulham XG 0.66 6 shots 2 on target guess the score !!!

7 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, anything the AI can do you can do too. The match engine does not separate between human and AI, so either you are doing something wrong or your players are not performing. It's the managers task to identify and rectify this.

I cant score 2 goals with XG of 0.66 or XG of 0.95 and so on

9 hours ago, XaW said:

It's not though is it. Some games are just entirely scripted for you to lose. We all have those games where your world class striker or attacking midfielder goes through on a one on one several times and just punts it several hundred feet over the bar, as if doing it entirely deliberately.

Or is that trying to tell you something in the game?

2 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

TBH lots have stopped buying its just gets new wall paper every year 

You are making that judgment based on feedback on this forum. That is just a small part of the FM community.

Not saying the game's perfect, but neither is refusing to make changes because you believe you must be right...and the game wrong.

1 hour ago, busngabb said:

It's not though is it. Some games are just entirely scripted for you to lose. We all have those games where your world class striker or attacking midfielder goes through on a one on one several times and just punts it several hundred feet over the bar, as if doing it entirely deliberately.

Or is that trying to tell you something in the game?

There is no scripting in FM.

End. Of. Story.

58 minutes ago, anagain said:

End. Of. Story.

I honestly have no opinion on that (I'd tend to say no, at least there's nothing obvious), but the only way to confirm that is looking at the code.

Out of curiosity, have SI ever provided "proofs" (or some elements of) showing that there's no scripting? Don't mean to begin a debate about existence of scripting in FM, just genuinely curious as you seem so certain about it.

1 hour ago, anagain said:

End. Of. Story.

Scripting, exagerated variables, highly weighted mathmatical calculations. However you want to phrase it, there are games that are insanely frustrating where you obliterate the opposition and lose. It's a tale as old as Champ Man itself. I know it happens in real life, but the match engine doesn't represent those well, at least in FM22. Instead of a picture of a team being hard to break down, you just get dozens of blatant clear cut chances and your players just hammering the ball over. It's probably meant to be showing you something wrong in your tactics, but it's just so non-sensical I don't even bother trying to find what that is.

3 hours ago, anagain said:

You are making that judgment based on feedback on this forum. That is just a small part of the FM community.

Not saying the game's perfect, but neither is refusing to make changes because you believe you must be right...and the game wrong.

Making the judgement on feedback on other forums and twitter actually ,make  changes all the time but they will never beat the script

1st season 

Half time Man city 0 leeds 2 

60minute mancity pen and red card for my defender 

Full time 3-2

Season 2 

Half time man city 1 leeds 2 

65th minute red card 

Full time city 5 leeds 2

3 rd season 

Half time Man city 0 -leeds 0

65 minute leeds 2-0 up 

70th minute a pen 

80th min red card 

Full time 3-2 

How do i change that ?

21 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Making the judgement on feedback on other forums and twitter actually ,make  changes all the time but they will never beat the script

1st season 

Half time Man city 0 leeds 2 

60minute mancity pen and red card for my defender 

Full time 3-2

Season 2 

Half time man city 1 leeds 2 

65th minute red card 

Full time city 5 leeds 2

3 rd season 

Half time Man city 0 -leeds 0

65 minute leeds 2-0 up 

70th minute a pen 

80th min red card 

Full time 3-2 

How do i change that ?

Do you accept coach feedback about opposition instructions?

I find the game tends to value 'getting stuck in' a lot and often recommends you tackle harder. That can lead to more yellows, reds and just an overall worse discipline. You could look in to that for starters. Seems to be a lot of reds.

Man City are one of the best teams in the world. They come back from losing situations because they have the ability to crank up the pressure. If you play into their hands and get red cards against them then you allow that to happen easier.

The game is not scripted. It never has been and it never will be. The AI doesn't care if it beats your or loses to. So why would it change the parameters to beat you?

Are you doing all you can to look at your tactics and find out why you are able to take a lead against City only to throw it away? My reasoning, above, may be wrong. Maybe they're just playing through you, getting in the box and inviting tackles and your defenders are outclassed.

SI have said the AI in FM23 is better and managers are smarter. They will try new things. You have to do that too. Try to force City wide, perhaps, to stop them getting in to the box and inviting fouls. Maybe it will work. I'm not a bonafide tactical genius. Those are in the tactics forum. It might be worth asking there.

Don't be ashamed at losing to City though. It might seem the game is against you because you're frustrated, but the game doesn't feel. It has no reason to cheat.

I hope you can improve and find the tactic that works against City for 90 minutes. Then, when you get that big win against them, you can be proud that your hard work to alter tactics beat City. :D

2 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

Of course they is 

If you think that the game is scripted and refuse to acknowledge the many, many times that SI have said that it is  not, then there is nothing that anyone in here can say that will change your mind, so I will close this.  if you would like help with interpreting XG and making the required changes to your team, then open another thread in the Tactics forum with an open mind and you may be able to get some help.

• FrazT locked this topic