Are injuries ever going to be realistic

SI carry out soak tests across all the leagues to make sure that injury levels are in line with their targets.  You cannot judge the injury levels with a single snapshot and need to take statistics over a whole season.

Interestingly there are always threads opened in this forum moaning about the high levels of injuries so it is clearly a balancing act.

42 minutes ago, warlock said:

I've just had four injuries to key players in the last week of pre-season. As often seems to be the case, two of them were to players in the same position, making life particularly difficult.

But we must remember the rules of the General Discussion forum:

1. If you see a thing once, it means it happens to everyone, all of the time, and is evidence that the game is broken and unplayable.

2. If you don't remember seeing a thing, it means it never happens to anyone, ever, and is evidence that the game is broken and unplayable.

3. Your save embodies everything that is possible in FM. Anything you deem 'unrealistic' is evidence that the game is broken and unplayable.

Carry on.

Yeah, seeing too much solipsism in these threads.

I was very conscious of having a small squad of aged players that wouldn't cope with an injury crisis. I managed the situation via non-intense training and playing instructions. It worked.

A lot of players crash in with physically intensive training, gegenpress tactics etc then moan when they get injuries. That's not relevant to the OP's observation; I'm just saying it that from other complaints, it doesn't seem to be everyone's experience.

16 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeah, seeing too much solipsism in these threads.

I was very conscious of having a small squad of aged players that wouldn't cope with an injury crisis. I managed the situation via non-intense training and playing instructions. It worked.

A lot of players crash in with physically intensive training, gegenpress tactics etc then moan when they get injuries. That's not relevant to the OP's observation; I'm just saying it that from other complaints, it doesn't seem to be everyone's experience.

9/10 it’s those exact people complaining about too many injuries and then they don’t give players 1 day rest after games.

I'm not really talking about users injuries, I'm talking about AI teams injuries. At a glance in my game the premier league has 17 injuries La Liga 25 French League 17 Serie A 29 bundesliga 18 So that's an average of less than 2 injuries per team. You cant tell me that's normal. and its happened for the last few years. Injuries used to be more realistic than that. but i guess people must have complained they were getting too many injuries and that's made realistic AI injuries suffer

Got to agree with the OP on this one, injuries are far too low in game, and have been for a good few years. I'm playing in a 14 team league at the moment. There are six injured players across the whole league and nine of the teams have zero injuries. 

Of course, this is only based on my own experiences, but it's been that way in my saves for as long as I can remember. 

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

Just checked and I have 8 first team squad players out injured, 6 for 4 weeks or more!

Again, I'm not really talking about human player injuries, talking about AI injuries in general. Guarantee if you were to look right now at your league and other leagues and look at the injury tables page you'll have a number of teams with zero injuries or 1 on average

As the OP said people that are talking about injuries for human controlled teams are missing the point. This is about injuries for AI teams and yes they are way too low. Lots of teams even have no injuries.

Please SI give us the option to have realistic a realistic injury rate instead of the reduced 80%.

Was really disappointing to see that injuries were reduced from a realistic rate because people complained, yet they wont return the match timeline because of 'realism' reasons.

Also times have changed since when SI made the 80% change. Now we have the medical centre which allows humans to better management there players fitness.

Edited by Platinum