[FM 23.2.0] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStive Spirit 3.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

22 hours ago, FuSS said:
  • 'm having a lot of success using in-swinging corners.
  • This means you want a left footed player to take the left corners and a right footed played to take the right corners.

I believe in-swinging means left foot on right corner and vice versa

5 hours ago, Augustin1979 said:

Shouts: - "Get creative": which shout exactly is this?

I hadn;t updated from FM21, it's easy for you to work out though. They've changed the wording, not the use or effect.

Edited by FuSS

52 minutes ago, burnum said:

@FuSSWhen playing with a high defensive line, wouldn't it make sense to use a sweeper keeper who could rush out and collect some of those over-the-top balls you're going to face with a high DL? What's your thought process in favour of a 'normal' GK?

Balls over the top are pretty rare, neartly every modern team plays out from the back, so I wouldn't worry about it unduely. I'm half way through a season and there's been two route one goals against me, annoying to watch yes, but not worth messing with the blance for.

That said, this is a very early release without much testing, what you see in my pics is ALL of my play so far in 2023.

So I'm considering two changes:

1. I'm trying the NIKE defence myself right now (I beleive KNAP coined the phrase as it makes your defense look like a big Nike Tick) - it simply involves settings one of the DC's to "cover" instead of "defend" to provide that little bit of extra cover at the back.
  2. I've not tried with a Sweeper Keeper yet, but in theory you're avbsoloutely right, they would tidy up those lose balls over the top. I'm not conceeding enough to try it, but then I am by far the best team in the Championship. Next season may well be different!

@FuSS Hey man, nice to see you around for FM23. The game is very challenging these days and it will be interesting if you find it as hard as me. I was Blackburn, winning the championships comfortably, but struggling the following seasons. I tend to tweak my tactics now and then to cope with bad form, and suddenly I think i found a nice one just to follow up with another bad run. It's extremely hard compared to a couple of years ago.

Good luck and I will follow closely what you will think of the coming seasons managing Norwich in the PL. Cheers

15 minutes ago, pemell said:

@FuSS Hey man, nice to see you around for FM23. The game is very challenging these days and it will be interesting if you find it as hard as me. I was Blackburn, winning the championships comfortably, but struggling the following seasons. I tend to tweak my tactics now and then to cope with bad form, and suddenly I think i found a nice one just to follow up with another bad run. It's extremely hard compared to a couple of years ago.

Good luck and I will follow closely what you will think of the coming seasons managing Norwich in the PL. Cheers

Thanks!

I think you're right.

I'm a firm believer that tactics don't okay a very big part in the game anymore.

FM21 and FM22 you could win with the default gengen press 4-4-2 quite easily if you got everything else right.

I did also do tactics for FM22, but I just released them in my FM21 thread rather than start soemthing new, it's usually too much trouble!

So I played a couple of matches with this tactic, liked the look of it and just wanted to plug it in and try it.

fixtures.thumb.jpg.5b673d4b3e0a91a98c669ce8672cf302.jpg

First game with it was against Salernitana, which I won very easy, I also dominated throughout the whole match. I continued using it afterwards and after the Sassuolo loss, precisely in the second half of Udinese game, I switched Counter Press off, and it paid off as you can see.

udinese.thumb.jpg.67f7047d8e70c24935c9c15a3a1f76d9.jpg

Then I decided to continue playing without Counter Press turned on and the results are great. Oh and don't mind the Cremonese game, I tried messing up with OIs and failed miserably, that one is on me :lol:

porto.thumb.jpg.bc897be48c52eecb3781797d3f50c3db.jpg

lazio.thumb.jpg.067eb30c3c32a4e7fc2ea8fb58755985.jpg

As you can see I dominated in both of these games, even though they were away from home.

Also occasionally mid game or when I am struggling to create chances, I change the DLF to CF as suggested, but cannot still say if it paid off. For example in Lazio game, Osimhen played the second half as CF and scored one.

Sometimes mid game I like to change the mentality to Positive or Balanced when I'm trying to hold on to result.

Under 18s and Under 20s are also doing really really well, despite Napoli not having great talents or great youth teams/squads.

All in all great tactic, nice job FuSS!

Edited by kalu00

On 18/11/2022 at 11:52, FuSS said:

1. I'm trying the NIKE defence myself right now (I beleive KNAP coined the phrase as it makes your defense look like a big Nike Tick) - it simply involves settings one of the DC's to "cover" instead of "defend" to provide that little bit of extra cover at the back

My earliest memory of NIKE defense in FM goes back to early TTF/wwfan days.  

FuSS, thanks so much for posting a 433!  I always love how your tactics FEEL.  Thank you

Edited by DominicForza
added stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

After domianting my first season I was finding certian aspects of the game tougher in the Premier League.

Mostly we weren't retaining possession well enough and my IFs were being too wasteful with half-chances.

Version 2.0 has been uploaded to the first post and is an attemtp to rectify these areas with a couple of relatively minor tweaks.

Thanks,
FuSS

Edited by FuSS

On 23/11/2022 at 02:36, kalu00 said:

So I played a couple of matches with this tactic, liked the look of it and just wanted to plug it in and try it.

fixtures.thumb.jpg.5b673d4b3e0a91a98c669ce8672cf302.jpg

First game with it was against Salernitana, which I won very easy, I also dominated throughout the whole match. I continued using it afterwards and after the Sassuolo loss, precisely in the second half of Udinese game, I switched Counter Press off, and it paid off as you can see.

udinese.thumb.jpg.67f7047d8e70c24935c9c15a3a1f76d9.jpg

Then I decided to continue playing without Counter Press turned on and the results are great. Oh and don't mind the Cremonese game, I tried messing up with OIs and failed miserably, that one is on me :lol:

porto.thumb.jpg.bc897be48c52eecb3781797d3f50c3db.jpg

lazio.thumb.jpg.067eb30c3c32a4e7fc2ea8fb58755985.jpg

As you can see I dominated in both of these games, even though they were away from home.

Also occasionally mid game or when I am struggling to create chances, I change the DLF to CF as suggested, but cannot still say if it paid off. For example in Lazio game, Osimhen played the second half as CF and scored one.

Sometimes mid game I like to change the mentality to Positive or Balanced when I'm trying to hold on to result.

Under 18s and Under 20s are also doing really really well, despite Napoli not having great talents or great youth teams/squads.

All in all great tactic, nice job FuSS!

Great stuff - I've not dropped CP myself, so credit to you there!

On 26/11/2022 at 22:26, DominicForza said:

My earliest memory of NIKE defense in FM goes back to early TTF/wwfan days.  

FuSS, thanks so much for posting a 433!  I always love how your tactics FEEL.  Thank you

Good knowledge. I've given it a go and I'm not sold though, I think it helps against route-one football but open you up to long-range shots from AMCs.

On 28/11/2022 at 16:46, Emozil said:

Will give this a test run tonight. Any team recommendations? Happy to feed anything back if you need. 

Fraid I've only just finished ym first season this year, so can't make any suggestions.

You're after a technically gifted team for whatever league they're in (Norwich are tehcnically gifted for the Champ for example, but not for the Premier League). The likes of Dortmund, Ajax, Lille, Arsenal, etc.

• FuSS changed the title to [FM 23.2.0] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStive Spirit 2.1 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •
  • FuSS changed the title to [FM 23.2.0] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStive Spirit 2.1 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

Just one question 

Shouts

• Shouts are awesome once again - they are akin to a boost button.

Is there a guide to shouts? I've tried the Assistant on them who likes to tank morale at a moment's notice with his high stats but I don't really know what I'm doing. I've left it off and just don't bother but don't want to hinder myself of there is a guide to using them 

Edited by QuickZombie

• FuSS changed the title to [FM 23.2.0] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStive Spirit 3.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

v3 uploaded.

I think v2 was a bit kneejerk to the change in quality in the premier league, so I went back to v1 and tweaked from there.

• DCs close down less.
  • DLP dropped to defensive.
  • Team mentality dropped to positive.
  • These changes put together mean the tactics now uses a "structured" formation - this is working much better and is easily to see with the eye-test.

It's early days, but v3 really feels like we've cracked it. I'm steamrolling everybody!

Edited by FuSS

1 hour ago, Vspec1 said:

Hi fuss. Can you share your team view? That custom view you posted a few years back. Ive lost it

I won't be on my comp until tomorrow evening, I'll add it to the thread then.

In the meantime it's in my last tactical thread (fm21/22?), so you can just import it from there if you want it quicker :)

8 hours ago, Glassy said:

@FuSS I'm going to start a new save with this. I remember using your tactics in the past with good success and they are always decent football too. Have you done many holiday tests with V3 at all? It's always good to see how it does with different teams. 

I've done no testing at all - this is just my personal tactic and I've only played 1.5 seasons so far.

I also don't believe in "tests", they generate the best "plug and play" tactics only. If you actually manager your side and your matches you can easily beat any "plug and play" tactic.

5 hours ago, smagaius said:

Best one i've tried this year! 

Cheers.

Unbeaten in 9 since plugging this into my Leicester save running a very tight title race with Liverpool and City. Only draw was against Liverpool away overwise all wins! 

Tweaked it slightly it's somewhere in between V1 and V3 but liking it so far. Will try a Complete Forward as suggested to see how that performs. 

9 hours ago, Jamieac said:

Unbeaten in 9 since plugging this into my Leicester save running a very tight title race with Liverpool and City. Only draw was against Liverpool away overwise all wins! 

Tweaked it slightly it's somewhere in between V1 and V3 but liking it so far. Will try a Complete Forward as suggested to see how that performs. 

Nice.

I'm always interested to hear tweaks, please do share!

I really don't use a CF, I find my DLF scores just fine, although some players do much better than others and I'm yet to pin down exactly what stat or PPM makes it work perfectly. I suspect "like to beat offside trap" play a big part, as it means the DLF will spend some of his time coming deep and assisting others and some of it playing high on the line....which is the best of both worlds.

5 hours ago, Warszawa said:

good start

20221222042917_1.jpg

Good stuff!

Just be aware that the AI isn't stupid these days, as you do better they'll learn to take you more seriously and setup in a way to counter the tactic. Ultimately I find myself using the mentalities more to counter this and not having to tweak anything else, which isn't too bad.

When I first hit the Premier League with Norwich I pretty mcuh only used attack and everyone underestimated us, we won everything. Toward the half way point of the season the expectations got higher and other teams started taking us seriously, the result, I now mostly use Positive/Standard....and I occasionally have to use counter!

Still works though.

Edited by FuSS

1 hour ago, Glassy said:

Started well so far, only a 1-0 loss to Liverpool. Impressed with the defending side of things for sure! 

af6be68b9f1f4ac8afab6fe41276da92.png

My only issue at the moment is Harry Kane isn't scoring! He's only got the 1 goal so far which is definitely unlike him!

I'll admit it's not the best tactic for the striker, my guys average around a goal a game which is good in real life but not amazing for FM.

That said, you've got the most "goals for" by some way :)

Hey, Fuss,

Thanks for saving (so far) this game for me. I didn't play '22 and am coming from '21 and I had already uninstalled this game once. Nothing was working consistently for me and I was going mad with this match engine (which I really don't see as much of a grand improvement) like many seem to do. Headers to nowhere, long balls over my centerbacks, ai centerbacks constantly keeping pace with my strikers on a breakaway, it was maddening. This has finally gotten me back into the game and doing well, thank you!

One question though, I have so many shots with your tactic but they aren't great shots.  I'm doing two saves with Arsenal and West Ham and I'm going with a CF rather than a DLF....I noticed on the analysis tab that my CF actually influences more of the pitch than the DLF so I decided to try it out that way and it's doing well so far. But anyway, I have noticed you have shoot less often on the IFs and FBs...would it diminish the tactic in any form if I also put that instruction on the CM and BBM?  I mean I even had "work into box" instruction on in my last game as West Ham versus MK Dons and I finished with 29 shots but only 9 of them were on target. Or is part of your thought process here to have all these shots so that players may pounce on any rebounds and whatnot?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and once again, thanks for bringing out some enjoyment of this version of the game for me!

On 22/12/2022 at 09:33, FuSS said:

Nice.

I'm always interested to hear tweaks, please do share!

I really don't use a CF, I find my DLF scores just fine, although some players do much better than others and I'm yet to pin down exactly what stat or PPM makes it work perfectly. I suspect "like to beat offside trap" play a big part, as it means the DLF will spend some of his time coming deep and assisting others and some of it playing high on the line....which is the best of both worlds.

Nevermind I messed up the end of my season trying to tweak, should have really waited till next season before trying to mess with it!

8 hours ago, horned frog 94 said:

Hey, Fuss,

Thanks for saving (so far) this game for me. I didn't play '22 and am coming from '21 and I had already uninstalled this game once. Nothing was working consistently for me and I was going mad with this match engine (which I really don't see as much of a grand improvement) like many seem to do. Headers to nowhere, long balls over my centerbacks, ai centerbacks constantly keeping pace with my strikers on a breakaway, it was maddening. This has finally gotten me back into the game and doing well, thank you!

One question though, I have so many shots with your tactic but they aren't great shots.  I'm doing two saves with Arsenal and West Ham and I'm going with a CF rather than a DLF....I noticed on the analysis tab that my CF actually influences more of the pitch than the DLF so I decided to try it out that way and it's doing well so far. But anyway, I have noticed you have shoot less often on the IFs and FBs...would it diminish the tactic in any form if I also put that instruction on the CM and BBM?  I mean I even had "work into box" instruction on in my last game as West Ham versus MK Dons and I finished with 29 shots but only 9 of them were on target. Or is part of your thought process here to have all these shots so that players may pounce on any rebounds and whatnot?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and once again, thanks for bringing out some enjoyment of this version of the game for me!

I really don't like "work into box" I think it makes the team too one-dimensional, always trying to work openings rather than occasionally just having a go.

I've actually been playign with the IF instructions in my personal tweak, which I'll include below, it's not ready for release yet, but might give you some ideas.

FuSStive Spirit 3.3.fmf

1 hour ago, FuSS said:

I really don't like "work into box" I think it makes the team too one-dimensional, always trying to work openings rather than occasionally just having a go.

I've actually been playign with the IF instructions in my personal tweak, which I'll include below, it's not ready for release yet, but might give you some ideas.

FuSStive Spirit 3.3.fmf 46.44 kB · 2 downloads

Ok, I'll untick that instruction and see what I may glean from your own tweaking efforts, thanks!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dansloman1 said:

The tactic is struggling now since the patch. I hope you can come up with some tweaks for us I was really enjoying it before the patch!

Why don´t you try doing that by yourself? If it´s struggle now you have nothing to lose.

What´s the struggle?

• 8 months later...

Hello everybody, if anyone was wondering if FuSStive Spirit works well in FM24, here are some screenshots from my first season at Arsenal. 

As you can see, I won everything but finished 2nd in the league with 96 points losing the title on Goal Difference on the final day. Was one of the most exciting title races I've ever been involved in. 

Thought I would share my transfers too.

image.thumb.png.08a4e3ebc8564ba800513e511e758fea.png

image.thumb.png.68f8077c5374c0671a24dea7b35d4fa1.png

Edited by WillyBroadband