Libertas San Marino! - The FM23 San Marino Challenge

Am 10.2.2023 um 19:38 schrieb RoyvdVen:

Hello,

Are there people that also have problems with added database that you cannot upgrade youth facilities?

i use lurons database and dont have any problems upgrading youth facilities, junior coaching or recruiting

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally played my 10th and last season with Cosmos. Decided to leave and go to Victor San Marino, see how it goes over there. I guess I got a bit annoyed at losing some of my best players without my say so. I feel the team was financially sound enough to not have to sell my best player for 3 millions outside of a market window. 

Classement.png.707f1b57cc544f4cae63a7d07b3da84e.png

Easy win in the League. Didn't beat any team record but my Sanmarinese striker Ceccoli beat the record for number of goals with a nice 53. Won the Cup and the Trofeo also.

LDC.PNG.16ef6bb1767993caed2dbab502407809.PNG

Bit of a tough draw in the Champion's League but some good results anyway. 

I leave the team with everything maxed out except the youth training facilities. I'll be curious to see how the AI is going to destroy everything I did during those 10 seasons. Hopefully the club can keep producing an occasional good player for me to play with the national team. 

Speaking of which: 

325424263_SMResult.PNG.613de8f878782b333ca30bc1a786f6b6.PNG

A little bit disappointed to have lost in Luxemburg, but winning those two home games was important. I think Macedonia is the highest ranked team that I have beat.

1140114371_SMGrtoup.PNG.e51bf4134f844b1a492f5ed0272dfe74.PNG

Amicaux.PNG.2fe082e2e643cc272555cad427e8c48f.PNG

Solid results in the Friendlies. We're now 160 in the rankings. Unfortunately there hasn't been anyone interesting in this year's youth intake. So probably a bit of stagnation coming unless some of the youngster keep improving (some of them seem to have hit their potential recently).

Just received my current youth intake and it turns out there is not only E/F Players - finally we got a decent one sadly he isnt from san marino but i wont complain (much)

Intake.thumb.jpg.4b192cb4efef01c5a23a60a2607d594e.jpg

Hopefully he can do something in his future

822985268_DerAuserwhlte.thumb.jpg.e89f12ded336dda7c19e983d4be6505e.jpg

Hello there,

time for a brief recap of season 7

Again we won everything in San Marino (no surprise), but again our stats where a bit better, maybe we can pull off the perfect season withour conceding a single goal

Tabelle.thumb.jpg.4eeae02f368a50a0f5e874a794361537.jpg

Here we have our run during the coppa titano

Pokal.thumb.jpg.b67fd1772e797e31d3bc2f2d54eeabd5.jpg

Our european journey again led us almost to the UCL league phase but again we were stoppt in the Play off - last season we reached the quarter final in the Europa League and we hoped to get there again but we fell after the first knockout pairing - and we deserved it to be honest

Europacup.thumb.jpg.f502e41859770bdbaacfe4254416fec0.jpg

Now we take a look to some interesting players

First we have Danillo Damous - we brought him in on a free transfer from his brazil amateur club and he was one of our best players in his second seasonmolding him into a DLP and he was rated somewhere between 6k and 10k... so I sold him to Norwich in the EFL Championship for 6k now he is rated 350k - 5.4M... At least we added a 50% sell on fee

Verkauf.thumb.jpg.34b15db8a63365a954632212a1fab95e.jpg

In the early weeks i found some half decent players from Paraguay and hopefully both will help pushing the team forward

Paraguayfrdiezukunft1.thumb.jpg.b5efe5c5dfa87ba1fc4468dfa4fd136c.jpg

Paraguayfrdiezukunft2.thumb.jpg.df28e1ec976009fe19258c06e83df048.jpg

In 2028 we managed to leave the last position in fifas world ranking list... yay

SanMarinoworldtour.thumb.jpg.129e334929ccb90db20b52b0fd6907df.jpg

See you next season and good luck for your saves

The qualifying round for the 2032 World Cup is now over for San Marino: 

image.thumb.png.3ae8660ea4149e9e45c20c87ff572300.png

While we failed to win a point, there were some positives I'll have to take away.  First, it was a tough group, with Cyprus (118th world ranking) our only 100+ ranked team in the group.  We did see some talent emerge, though they'll have to improve over the coming years in order to become any sort of force on the world stage.  We ended up with a 29-5 GA/GF ratio, which was better than 36-6 from the previous world cup qualifying (we definitely need some playmaking ability on this team!).  Nanni had 3 of the 5 goals which we scored, putting him on 26 goals for the international team, and, at 29 years of age, he has the ability to bag some more in the coming years.

Next year we have a playoff to retain our place in Division C in the European League -- we'll be facing Kazhakstan, so I have hope to stay up and face some modest competition in 2030.

SanMarinoLogo.png.cd9fe4f056778d049e076c19e93851c7.png

Introduction - Victor San Marino

Hi guys! Please welcome Mr. Antonini as the new manager of Victor San Marino and the national team.  

Manager profile:

Spoiler

8ac698291c389a172994e2aeef4afcad.png

No transfers are allowed during the first window, so meet the team that will try to get us to the Serie D:

Spoiler

S1-Squad.png.ddb723598ae01e1275d9168e9f7af59c.png

House rules:

Transfers:

- Unlimited transfers of Sammarinese players with Sammarinese nationality, apart from this only Italians born in the near vicinity can be signed a contract (thus place of birth being in republic San Marino or Italian provinces Forlì-Cesena, Pesaro e Urbino, Ravenna and Rimini.);

- Players from youth intake Victor San Marino or San Marino Academy can be signed, regardless of their nationality and/or place of birth;

- There must be at least six Sammarinese players in the senior squad at all time; and

- As from the Serie B, two non-European players of the same nation are allowed in the squad.

Loans

- Maximum 3 loans per season (as from next season). Players are eligible for a loan spell according to the same rules as for transfers set out above.

These rules make the game even more challenging, but will personally also keep it more interesting to me throughout the years.  It also guarantees that the squad will be Sammarinese for a considerable part, which is obviously in the benefit of this challenge. However, we’ll be able to use some extra quality provided through the limited options for loans and transfers.

Additional:

I used the Italian database by Tenshi to get the team playable in the 5th tier: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2926762639

Special thanks to @6499red  for finding a solution to the players switching nationality. To me this was a very disturbing bug, which prevented me from playing this challenge before.

Off we go! :) 

Edited by Armeniar

image.thumb.png.374c7741346ff3649d495abf1adddb25.png

A 3-2 home win vs 110-ranked Kazakhstan isn't enough to keep us from being relegated from the European League Division C --- but might be enough to save my international management career for another season!

We are starting to find some.....better..... young players, but are still a ways short of playing well vs the big boys, as evidenced by our 0-point world cup qualifying season in 2029.  Another 4 years and we just might start picking up some points though.

Meanwhile, with 6 matches to play, Victor San Marino have qualified for the playoffs, currently sitting 5th on 62 points.  Leaders Reggiana are on 74 points but have played 2 more matches than we have, but are still likely out of our reach.  2nd place Entella, however, are only on 70 points with an extra match played --- so that is, theoretically, possible to overcome.  I'd love a #2 or #3 finish so I can enter the playoffs later in the process and have a better shot at advancing.  (A 4th place finish would allow me to skip the 1st round, at least, and I only need to overcome a 4-point deficit in order to achieve that....but entering in the QF or later would make it so much easer :)  )

Edited by G_D_K

image.thumb.png.f77827b816a30b3e5414ea1fe624cf8a.png

Crazy final match of the season.  Bracco's 1st goal set a new team record for goals in a season.

Reggiana had already won the league, had nothing but pride to play for.  We only needed on point to secure 2nd and a bye until the quarterfinal of the playoffs.  Didn't expect a scoreline such as this!

In great position now with plenty of rest to make a playoff run.  

We had a great season, but the 2nd half we really kicked it up to a new level.  A couple mid-year signings really helped us solidify our position as contenders.  Now we have to finish the deal and hopefully move up to Serie B.

image.png.abf47a68e4de1322890c13e1bbb0422c.png

My 11th season is in the books and boy, some exciting things are happening. 

I moved to Victor San Marino and easily won the Excellenza league I was in. And as expected, the people who took over at Cosmos dismantled the team and I must admit it had a massive positive impact on the San Marinese national team as few of the youngsters have moved to bigger clubs and they are improving fast. 

Finardi.PNG.a7350f62ec5c48a6c24d4c49df55aff9.PNG

Imperiale.PNG.2c486bf57ffbfda985213cf511894610.PNG

Zavoli.PNG.4c421aab1549bfb863d7785959c2399a.PNG

Those 3 have massively improved, probably from moving to bigger clubs. And so ...

LDN.PNG.475b8ac6d39a43f8662f26d8d0987152.PNG

Did well in the Nation's League. Was kind of hoping I could beat Kosovo but they easily won the group, winning their 6 games.

Then the qualifiers for the World Cup started. 

Rersults.PNG.af74132d949b3adaee03822ca43b55e7.PNG

Some amazing results here, but the worst part is I'm actually disappointed to have only drew to Czech Republic and Georgia. Against the former, they received a red card in the very first minute, played all game 11v10, scored first but conceded a late equalizer. Against Georgia away I was up 2-0 at the 75th and I'm feeling a bit like those two are massive missed opportunities. Also, not sure how I managed that against Guam

CDM.PNG.c89255aa7aa6e40ab2e89c985ea75bc9.PNG

We stand 2nd in our group and the two home games to come against Czech Republic and Romania are going to be absolutely massive. I probably need 6 points to sneak into the best 2nd and that's unlikely but it's awesome to be in this position late in the group stage. 

At this stage I'm probably one or two solid players away from maybe qualifying to a European Championship. The latest youth intake produced a very promising GK coming from Cosmos. The future of the national team looks bright.

image.thumb.png.33a7ce7ba76d590576b3756725a0d109.png

And, the 2029/30 season ends on a positive note, and Serie B beckons us (along with a somewhat normal league and playoff structure!)

I really am glad to get out of Serie C --- I couldn't keep up with all of the playoff rules as I went along!

Spoiler

League                       position            won          drawn         lost          GF           GA           Points         Playoffs                 Cup run

2021/22   Eccellenza C                          2                     11              10               3             25           15              43               -----                                                                     --------

2022/23   Eccellenze B                         1                      21               9                8             51           35              72               -----                                                                     -------

2023/24   Serie D/D                             10                    11               8               15            56           45               51              -----                                                                      --------

2024/25   Serie D/D                             9                      34               11             12            52           44               45              -----                                                                      ------

2025/26   Serie D/D                             1                      22               8                 4            56           28                74              -----                                                                     -------    

2026/27   Serie C/B                             15                      8               14             16            35            53               38              -----                                                                      Serie C  Cup1st round (Lost in ET)

2027/28   Serie C/B                             10                     13              12              13           53            59               51              3rd round (Lost to Juv U23s 4-2 agg)            Serie C Cup 1st round 

2028/29   Serie C/B                             9                       14              13               11          49            39               55              3rd round (Lost to Catania 4-1agg                Serie C Cup 2nd Round

2029/30   Serie C/B                             2                       24               8                6            58            29                80               WINNERS                                                         Serie C Cup 1st Round (Lost in ET)

Edited by G_D_K

Well, after losing the relegation playoff with Kazakhstan in order to stay in Div D of the European International League Division C, we had a relatively easy battle in Division D.  After losing on away goals in the playoff (3-3 on aggregate), we didn't earn a loss in Division D, going 2 wins and 2 draws.  Our single friendly showcased a bit of offense that I hope to see grow, with AMR Agostini (OG Nice, but on loan to Victor San Marino in order to help him develop, as he wasn't even getting much U19 time with Nice) not only scoring twice, but also providing 3 assists in a 6-0 rout -- our biggest ever win).  Here's hoping we can take some momentum into the coming year (Euro qualifiers I believe?)

Nanni, who is getting older, managed 3 more international goals on the year, putting his total at 29 goals.  I'll probably have to look to someone else to find that 50-goal scorer for San Marino.

The season saw us jump to 192 in the World Rankings.

image.thumb.png.c4ff77f4d4ab79119abb6c1095bd7fdc.png

I will start a new save the coming days. My last save with San Marino Calcio in Fm20 got corrupted :(

Any tips before starting? What are the pro/cons of starting in the San Marino League vs Serie E? Or should I do both?

16 hours ago, G_D_K said:

Well, after losing the relegation playoff with Kazakhstan in order to stay in Div D of the European International League Division C, we had a relatively easy battle in Division D.  After losing on away goals in the playoff (3-3 on aggregate), we didn't earn a loss in Division D, going 2 wins and 2 draws.  Our single friendly showcased a bit of offense that I hope to see grow, with AMR Agostini (OG Nice, but on loan to Victor San Marino in order to help him develop, as he wasn't even getting much U19 time with Nice) not only scoring twice, but also providing 3 assists in a 6-0 rout -- our biggest ever win).  Here's hoping we can take some momentum into the coming year (Euro qualifiers I believe?)

Nanni, who is getting older, managed 3 more international goals on the year, putting his total at 29 goals.  I'll probably have to look to someone else to find that 50-goal scorer for San Marino.

The season saw us jump to 192 in the World Rankings.

image.thumb.png.c4ff77f4d4ab79119abb6c1095bd7fdc.png

1a0825b9b1e9347e9219412d071ce03d.png

It's not easy to get 50 goals for the national team. Nanni managed to get 43 goals in total. I'm in 2070 now and no one has defeated that record yet. I have one regen that is 34 years old and has 35 goals

4 hours ago, Cross said:

I will start a new save the coming days. My last save with San Marino Calcio in Fm20 got corrupted :(

Any tips before starting? What are the pro/cons of starting in the San Marino League vs Serie E? Or should I do both?

In the short term: Victor San Marino. Get them to the Serie A and you have one very strong side that maybe produce world class regens

Long term: Club in San Marinese League. Other clubs are improving but is is really slow. In 2070 the Sanmarinese league is 10th on the coëfficiënts with 4 clubs in the groupfase of Europe

I think for quick succes first Victor San Marino untill you are a top dog in the Italian League with al facilities maximal upgraded and then take a Sanmarinese team. If do only Victor then you only have 1 club to get good regens from. If you a few later take a Sanmarinese team then the pool of youth players is bigger.

Other option - I am doing that now - take a Sanmarinese club en if that club is big use the editor to make Victor San Marino your affiliate and give them money each year

Update from my side: 

Sadly enough I had to start a new save. I forgot to load the Sammarinese league into my game, so there were hardly any regens coming in (apart from our club). Rookie mistake! 

I adapted both this post and the previous one.  :)

SanMarinoLogo.png.80a2b6db1988628238c38a8d7531171a.png 

S1 - Eccellenza (Italy, D5)

First season already wrapped up! 

Transfers

No incoming transfers, and only just a few outgoing to reduce costs: 

Spoiler

915cf3eed266d23dc648f71d83a1c40b.png

Season summary

I can be brief about this season. It was just a teaser for our team. It felt like we were way out of the other sides' league. We lost only one game, congrats to third placed Russi (1-3 loss at home):

Spoiler

S1-Table.png.1d14c72de3fd804d6f0c18354fd599f8.png

Special mention to our attacking four: Sabba, our top scorer with 38 goals, Marra (24 goals), Arlotti (19 assists) and Ambrosini (18 assists).

Youth intake

A rather mediocre first intake, hardly any Sammarinese guys coming through as well. The four most promising players got offered a youth contract:

Spoiler

S1-Intake.png.bf15a428a0082c20e76dc3638e7498b6.png

Giannini is the pick of the bunch. I’m hoping he can develop into a decent extra option for our national team. Also Bandecchi looks like he could become of use for our club, especially since he can play in a couple positions.

House rules

Spoiler

Transfers:

- Unlimited transfers of Sammarinese players with Sammarinese nationality, apart from this only Italians born in the near vicinity can be offered a contract (thus place of birth being in republic San Marino or Italian provinces Forlì-Cesena, Pesaro e Urbino, Ravenna and Rimini.);

- Players from youth intake Victor San Marino or San Marino Academy can be signed, regardless of their nationality or place of birth;

- There must be at least six Sammarinese players in the Senior squad at all time; and

- As from the Serie B, two non-European players of the same nation are allowed in the squad.

Loans

- Maximum 3 loans per season. Players are eligible for a loan spell according to the same rules as for transfers set out above.

792.png.3b5518a5f9943ed9ec26e6900af4da6d.png

S1 - National Team

Again, I can be brief about it. This time, for whole different reasons tho... 

Spoiler

7b865f13ffe8e74676867f8562ca8126.png55274121cb5c512c1e9c39fa1439e86c.png

In the Nations League, a red card in both games didn't quite help us. 

We do have some nice prospects for the future of the national team: Guidi (Cesena), Terenzi (Vis Pesaro) and Gobbi (Tre Penne). Hopefully they can impact our play in a few years...

Edited by Armeniar

Has anyone looked 'under the hood' at the Sammarinese youth newgens that Victor San Marino can produce?

And, what year are you in?

If I can be producing 130+ PA's, 10-15 years into the save, then I might give this challenge a go!

11 hours ago, askeyt said:

Has anyone looked 'under the hood' at the Sammarinese youth newgens that Victor San Marino can produce?

And, what year are you in?

If I can be producing 130+ PA's, 10-15 years into the save, then I might give this challenge a go!

10-15 years into the save you can produce 130+ PA players from teams in the San Marinese league. 

Top of the Table!!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.545a94f5fcb50b0fd43dc1ac4bd571b7.pngt

Something we won't see again any time in the near future :)

Nanni with career goal #30 in the match as well.  This is one season we shouldn't end bottom of the table, as we now have a history of not losing to Malta.  Rest of the group..... not so much :P

It'll go down as we progress thru the group, but the result did shoot us to our highest ever ranking of 189 in the world rankings!

Edited by G_D_K

2 hours ago, G_D_K said:

Top of the Table!!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.545a94f5fcb50b0fd43dc1ac4bd571b7.pngt

Something we won't see again any time in the near future :)

Nanni with career goal #30 in the match as well.  This is one season we shouldn't end bottom of the table, as we now have a history of not losing to Malta.  Rest of the group..... not so much :P

It'll go down as we progress thru the group, but the result did shoot us to our highest ever ranking of 189 in the world rankings!

END THE QUALIFIERS NOW

First Serie B season finished--- a wildly successful season too!

image.thumb.png.8e86309ca48d830ee138c6a2a7eb41bb.png

We lost in a wild playoff match, succumbing 5-3 to Frosinone, but, having not expected to make it to mid-table, let alone the playoffs, it was quite the achievement.

It's clear we need to work on defense --- we finished 4th in goals scored, but 16th in goals conceded!  But for the heroics of our keeper, it could have been much worse.  Niccolo Bracco, in his 2nd season with the team, finished 7th in league goals with 19 (23 total on season), 

We made our mark in our inaugural appearance in the Italian Cup as well, picking up wins over Catania, Spezia, and Serie A Salernitana to advance to the third round.  The competition and gates were more than all of our previous cup appearances combined!

Spoiler

League                       position            won          drawn         lost          GF           GA           Points         Playoffs                 Cup run

2021/22   Eccellenza C                          2                     11              10               3             25           15              43               -----                                                                     --------

2022/23   Eccellenze B                         1                      21               9                8             51           35              72               -----                                                                     -------

2023/24   Serie D/D                             10                    11               8               15            56           45               51              -----                                                                      --------

2024/25   Serie D/D                             9                      34               11             12            52           44               45              -----                                                                      ------

2025/26   Serie D/D                             1                      22               8                 4            56           28                74              -----                                                                     -------    

2026/27   Serie C/B                             15                      8               14             16            35            53               38              -----                                                                      Serie C  Cup1st round (Lost in ET)

2027/28   Serie C/B                             10                     13              12              13           53            59               51              3rd round (Lost to Juv U23s 4-2 agg)            Serie C Cup 1st round 

2028/29   Serie C/B                             9                       14              13               11          49            39               55              3rd round (Lost to Catania 4-1agg                Serie C Cup 2nd Round

2029/30   Serie C/B                             2                       24               8                6            58            29                80               WINNERS                                                         Serie C Cup 1st Round (Lost in ET)

2030/31   Serie B                                 7                       17               7               14           53            49               58              1st round (lost 5-3 to Frosinone)                  Italian Cup 3rd Round (lost 0-2 to Capitoline)

Sadly, I also have encountered what I suppose is a bug which just might kill the save...

image.png.df9c17fc069e085402d820c4d275ad3e.pngd

So, we're moving from a 5500 all-seater....to aa 750 seat stadium.... and we averaged 2200 or so attendance this season.  And, we lost an average of maybe €25000/mo too.  losing that extra income from attendance is going to absolutely kill us.

Edited by G_D_K

On 07/03/2023 at 22:57, G_D_K said:

First Serie B season finished--- a wildly successful season too!

image.thumb.png.8e86309ca48d830ee138c6a2a7eb41bb.png

We lost in a wild playoff match, succumbing 5-3 to Frosinone, but, having not expected to make it to mid-table, let alone the playoffs, it was quite the achievement.

It's clear we need to work on defense --- we finished 4th in goals scored, but 16th in goals conceded!  But for the heroics of our keeper, it could have been much worse.  Niccolo Bracco, in his 2nd season with the team, finished 7th in league goals with 19 (23 total on season), 

We made our mark in our inaugural appearance in the Italian Cup as well, picking up wins over Catania, Spezia, and Serie A Salernitana to advance to the third round.  The competition and gates were more than all of our previous cup appearances combined!

Reveal hidden contents

2030/31   Serie B                                 7                       17               7               14           53            49               58              1st round (lost 5-3 to Frosinone)                  Italian Cup 3rd Round (lost 0-2 to Capitoline)

Sadly, I also have encountered what I suppose is a bug which just might kill the save...

image.png.df9c17fc069e085402d820c4d275ad3e.pngd

So, we're moving from a 5500 all-seater....to aa 750 seat stadium.... and we averaged 2200 or so attendance this season.  And, we lost an average of maybe €25000/mo too.  losing that extra income from attendance is going to absolutely kill us.

Nice Work. But is the Skin a bit towards the centre? looks a bit weird

European Championship Qualifiers, the frustration is too damn high

Frustration.PNG.a4d542e5fd77532c5f0eeac5cf3336e3.PNG

Saddest part is the reason I'm behind Croatia is because of a goal I conceded against them at 90+3. Without that goal I'd have been in front of them in the direct confrontation. 

I think I might have a playoff game but I'm not too sure how any of this works.

On 12/03/2023 at 04:42, jerzy59 said:

European Championship Qualifiers, the frustration is too damn high

Frustration.PNG.a4d542e5fd77532c5f0eeac5cf3336e3.PNG

Saddest part is the reason I'm behind Croatia is because of a goal I conceded against them at 90+3. Without that goal I'd have been in front of them in the direct confrontation. 

I think I might have a playoff game but I'm not too sure how any of this works.

Oh so close :( :seagull:

The Play-offs are for the Nations League group winners who didn't qualify for the Euros right?

19 hours ago, Thomassje123 said:

The Play-offs are for the Nations League group winners who didn't qualify for the Euros right?

Yes, I did not win my Nation's League group and did not get to play any playoff.

The goal now is to do well in the next Nation's League and WC Qualifier, try to get into a higher pot for the next Euro qualifier draw. 

I’ve never got past season 7 on this challenge in past FM’s, so I’ve never won the World Cup, or the Champions League. Not even come close.

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to ever get a decent sized stadium or even a new sized stadium? Do attendances ever increase due to the club getting a much better reputation?

I’m going to start a save later, probably Cailungo. I’d love to get to 30-40 seasons this time though.

5 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

I’ve never got past season 7 on this challenge in past FM’s, so I’ve never won the World Cup, or the Champions League. Not even come close.

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to ever get a decent sized stadium or even a new sized stadium? Do attendances ever increase due to the club getting a much better reputation?

I’m going to start a save later, probably Cailungo. I’d love to get to 30-40 seasons this time though.

When I was at Cosmos I had a new stadium build, 5000 seats, so not exactly big. I was only filling it to capacity in the Champion's League. 

At Victor I have a 15000 seats stadium currently being build, not too sure how full it will be in Serie A games. 

42 minutes ago, jerzy59 said:

When I was at Cosmos I had a new stadium build, 5000 seats, so not exactly big. I was only filling it to capacity in the Champion's League. 

At Victor I have a 15000 seats stadium currently being build, not too sure how full it will be in Serie A games. 

Cheers mate.

I’m going to do a two manager save: Cailungo+San Marino plus Victor San Marino+San Marino under 21’s, but once I make them regulars in Serie A, I will resign and manage a second team in the Sammarinese league. 

End of the 2031 qualifying season for the European Championship.  Definite improvement over previous Euro qualifiers --- and while we're still a ways from competing we are making definite progress.  Sadly, Nanni (now 31yo) suffered a hip injury very early in our final match, will be out 3-5 months.  He scored 3 in the campaign, but will have to do better than that over the next.... 4 years or so.... if he is going to reach 50.
image.thumb.png.cea4060ff534953f531076a13bde9dfe.png

Of note, we cut our goal differential from -33 in the previous Euro Qualifiers to -10 this campaign, and, of course, picked up 7 points (compared to 4 years ago).

image.png.ba14c22b5609a01b61a9342c557765a9.png

The success of the campaign have moved us up to 181st in the world rankings!

Edited by G_D_K

Centre/Wing back Mattia Rossi becomes the first player to reach 100 caps for San Marino. He even scored the winning goal against Ireland for his 100th appearance. He'll soon be joined by a few players in this achievement. 

Rossi.PNG.9812564ee605b7f464ba70771393f3a3.PNG

On 24/03/2023 at 14:10, Armeniar said:

'Off topic': 

Yesterday, 40 and a half year old centre back Di Maio made his debut for the Sammarinese national team :D

1450d17225af361ba2139a087dfb6e32.png.8196c63931ce9c6602d2a391830c7ae6.png

He started the procedure for naturalization 10 years ago, after marrying a Sammarinese citizen.

Well, he can say he scored for San Marino IRL

SanMarinoLogo.png.fc3e0fe8b5e79887ca71fa5c44a062e4.png

S2 – Serie D Girone D (Italy, D4)

Transfers

Quite a few outgoing transfers to make room for others:

Spoiler

S2-Outgoingtransfers.png.25c1b6fea3710eb1581292342eb1e831.png

Incoming, we welcomed some local free agents to our club in accordance with our transfer policy (see house rules below). Firstly, two players on loan last season were signed on a permanent deal: Gramellini (Cesena) and Marra (Ravenna). Moreover, we needed two new goalies, which we found in Sarini and Bizzini. Both were in the starting line-up of their previous teams, respectively fifth tier club Del Duca Grama and Serie D side Fano. Also centre back Sedioli (Forli), Manara (Forli) and Farabegoli (Cesena) joined us.

The most promising transfer was the one of midfielder Maltoni (Bologna), without any doubt. He joined us on trial at first, and surprisingly enough was willing to sign a feasible deal (although he will still become top earner).

As we aim to have at least six Sammarinese players in our senior squad and we only currently only had two (Tosi and 15 yo Giannini), we needed to do something on this front as well. Both to fulfil our transfer goals and to help the development some of our countries best youngsters, we chose to loan four Sammarinese teenagers (and internationals). Twin brothers Giancomo and Tommaso Benvenuti will leave their home Sassuolo for a year, while Pierini and Pari will make the move from the nearby city of Cesena.

Squad

Spoiler

S2-Squad.png.d52d548a43770681c76704fcd2b462da.png

Season summary

Another banger of a season. Sabba kept his golden form from last season, reaching 26 goals and 10 assists this time, while Marra also stepped up his game netting 20 goals. Our transfers also really played out well. Manara proved to be a never ending danger for the opposition defences (av. 7.36; 23G + 16A), be it as a winger or a striker. Maltoni formed a great midfield duo with Lombardi and Sedioli on the other hand proved to be rock solid in defence.

As from the very beginning, it looked like we were going to play a huge part in this competition. After 5 games, we took the lead in the Serie D Girone D and as from then we were almost unstoppable. Only losing 6 games throughout the season, we managed to secure promotion without too many concerns. In the Scudetto afterwards, we stranded in the group phase after two draws. Anyways… Serie C, here we come!

Spoiler

S2-Table.png.7b60882173218513ce34e113272fcbe2.png

52eb2f722285b724dec32cb118612b5c.png

Last but not least, we won the third competition we were part of this season; the Serie D Cup. After extra time, Franciacorta was sent home without the much desired trophy:

Spoiler

62be6c3325ef4802695ec70c28b89ac4.png

S2-SerieDcupfinalwin.png.c92d3813448b0257d08af0a446160aaf.png

Youth intake

Seems to be a little better than last season, but still nothing special. More Sammarinese players in any case, luckily.

Spoiler

S2-Intake.png.9d65fc994c45173a35e9feabe3f862a0.png

Pacey striker Terenzi is deemed to be the most gifted one. Next to him, Della Valle, MazzaRicci and Italians Damiani and Buratti got a youth contract as well.

House rules

Spoiler

Transfers:

- Unlimited transfers of Sammarinese players with Sammarinese nationality, apart from this only Italians born in the near vicinity can be offered a contract (thus place of birth being in republic San Marino or Italian provinces Forlì-Cesena, Pesaro e Urbino, Ravenna and Rimini);

- Players from youth intake Victor San Marino or San Marino Academy can be signed, regardless of their nationality or place of birth;

- There must be at least six Sammarinese players in the Senior squad at all time; and - As from the Serie B, two non-European players of the same nation are allowed in the squad.

Loans:

- Maximum 3 loans per season. Players are eligible for a loan spell according to the same rules as for transfers set out above. This rule was not complied with this season, because otherwise we would not have reached the required minimum of six Sammarinese players in our first team. It was deemed that the latter rule was more important.

792.png.7196fe712c2eecb5dd3f4f6303c6ed24.png

S2 – National Team

We secured our first point ever under Antonini’s lead, and that even in an official fixture! Our first encounter of the season, a home game against Azerbaijan, ended 1-1. A great header from Nanni, perfectly assisted by sub Tomassini, erased a goal in the first half. It made me very happy, what a way to bounce back after the dramatic 12 goal loss against Denmark previous international break.

That being said, we are still really struggling to find a suited tactic and starting eleven. Especially our midfield is just too weak for the moment. We couldn’t surprise anyone in our following official games. Furthermore, the four friendlies against rather weak sides were also pretty disappointing:

Spoiler

9595466315a706c79d3ca8d9f3bf2a38.png

86332dc596294aa02b8be3b5622cb2f8.png

Positive thing is that 18yo Erlocani, a winger at Folgore, scored his first international goal and looks like a decent addition to the squad. Meanwhile, however, our streak of 140 games without a win since 2004 continues… Maybe next season?    

Edited by Armeniar

Second season in Serie B was a step back down toward reality.  We started out in trouble, with thee starters missing significant time at the start of the season.  This included Bracco, my leading goalscorer for the past two seasons, as well as Telalovich, the AMR/St who was also a good goalscoring threat as well as my primary playmaker.  Bracco would miss the first 7 or 8 games, and he never really found his form after returning from a torn back muscle.  He would only end the season with 9 goals in 30 appearances.  That, sadly, was also the most goals scored by a player on the team --- I just struggled all season to find the net, and we would finish 15th in goals scored with 40 total.  We were slightly better defensively, ending with 46 conceded, good enough for 11th on the season.  In the end, even though the table shows it to be close, we were never really in danger of relegation, as with three to play we were as high as 11th, and had too many teams below us to drop 5 spots with the remaining fixtures we were facing.

Late in the season I switched to a 4-4-2, so we'll be focusing on that formation for the coming season, trying to move up the two DMs into a more mid-field role and try to create more chances for my strikers.  

The real problem facing me now is the bug that occurred at the end of the previous season --- we are now operating out of Aquaviva --- a 750 capacity stadium, and are losing money to the tune of about 80k€/month.  That was after playing our first serie B season in the San Marino National team stadium and packing about 2200/match.  We had a takeover (after two or three failed attempts during this past season), which put us in the positive for about two months, at the cost of a 1.4M€ loan against the club for which we are now paying a 16K€/month payment.  That means this coming season we'll be losing about 100k€/mo....something not sustainable.

At the end of the season, the board have started looking at building a new stadium, but, as we're still at the searching for site stage, I think we're looking at three seasons before we move into the planned 9525 seat stadium.  I'm not sure we'll still be a cohesive team in three seasons given the expected losses.  Unless we have a takeover each season until the stadium is finished, we'll be several million in debt---I'm sure that is going to trigger some sort of problem --- if not a FFP violation, I'll likely see my wage allowance drop from nearly 50k€/mo to something like 5k€/mo!

We'll take it a season at a time.  I did manage to squeeze in my very first upgrade when the new sponsorship money came in and we had a positive balance --- 400K€ spent on upgrading the youth facilities (after the board refused to upgrade the training facilities, my first choice).  I also tried for Junior coaching increase, but they rejected that as well.

Things are not looking to rosy, but we'll press on.

image.png.a35ef467695083407a85924822590a09.png

Spoiler

2021/32   Serie B                                14                      11              12              15           40           46                45               -----                                                                     Italian Cup 3nd round (lost 1-0 to Atalanta)            

7 hours ago, G_D_K said:

The real problem facing me now is the bug that occurred at the end of the previous season --- we are now operating out of Aquaviva --- a 750 capacity stadium, and are losing money to the tune of about 80k€/month.  That was after playing our first serie B season in the San Marino National team stadium and packing about 2200/match.  We had a takeover (after two or three failed attempts during this past season), which put us in the positive for about two months, at the cost of a 1.4M€ loan against the club for which we are now paying a 16K€/month payment.  That means this coming season we'll be losing about 100k€/mo....something not sustainable.

I was fortunate enough to only spend a year in the Serie B with Victor but I did notice the same things. I was losing money left and right until I reached Serie A. 

I wasn't doing too badly, losing maybe 20K€/wk while in the National team stadium.  But I encounter a bug at end of first Serie B season, where the 5500 seat national team stadium "didn't meet Serie B requirements" --- and so I was moved.... to the 750 seat Aquaviva stadium.  I went from a sustainable 20K/mo loss to close to 100k/mo losses.  SI are looking into the bug, but it won't help me.  I nearly gave up on the challenge, but I figured I'd ride it out a season or two and see what happens.  Thankfully didn't lose any salary cap between Season 2 and 3, but I'm in line to lose another 800k € if things stay the same, probably for at least two years as the stadium is built.  I forsee problems down the road.

For those playing with Victor San Marino:

I notice the amount of Sammarinese players in the intakes are really low (+- 3 at most), it even gets worse throughout the seasons. Is this just bad luck or a general thing? 

@G_D_K

Edited by Armeniar

5 hours ago, Armeniar said:

For those playing with Victor San Marino:

I notice the amount of Sammarinese players in the intakes are really low (+- 3 at most), it even gets worse throughout the seasons. Is this just bad luck or a general thing? 

@G_D_K

Pretty sure I get something like 6-8 SMR players each intake.  Not all of them make the cut, however.  For instance, right now, 4 of my 9 U18s are Sammarinese, and 10 of my 17 U20s are also Sammarinese (although of the 14 total, I might have actually signed one or two).  Still, seem to be nearly half of the intakes for me.