[FM23] USA Realistic Tier (Basic Rules only)

Decided to start fiddling with the editor more and plan to slowly work up to editing a US database in the advanced rules, but wanted something to play until I had time to figure it out.

This is the 2022 USA league structure edited with ONLY the Basic Rules editor. There's only so much that can be changed (MLS and US Open Cup are hard coded in basic rules).

Will do my best to mimic real life given the constrictions from the basic editor (i.e. USLC games uneven by conference, limitations on fixture dates and playoff sizes).

Once leagues are set I plan to edit teams for sponsorships and affiliations, and see if I can at least get teams in the right place for the 2023 season as well.

If you notice spelling or naming errors, let me know. Every time I save changes it undoes some previous changes so names of competitions seem to revert at random.

Also, if you need logos/faces/kits, download a pack. Sorry, I'm barely competent at editing. There are people far better at graphics who I won't be stealing from. **EDIT** I don't plan on trying to do an NCAA league to replace USL League Two for drafting purposes (I'm not a masochist).

This makes the following leagues playable:

MLS (unchanged)
USL Championship
USL League One
USL League Two
US Open Cup (unchanged)
NISA
MLS Next Pro
NPSL
*MLS Academy
*USL Academy

*Means not yet implemented.

Changelog:

Version: 0.01
USLC, USL1, USL2 playable
Accurate substitution rules for USL
7 player foreign limit for USL
35 player squads for USLC/1 w/ min 5 U-18 player rule
TV money added so teams don't go bankrupt
No salary allowed in USL2
26 player USL2 rosters w/min/max rules for player ages
Somewhat realistic league sorting rules
Playoffs for all USL leagues
Correct teams in each playable league for 2022
Simmed to 2050 without any game crashing bugs

Version 0.02
NISA, MLS Next Pro and NPSL playable with 2022 structure
MLS Next Pro with mildly accurate roster rules
NISA/NPSL capped squad sizes, no other roster rules
Playoffs implemented (not realistic)
Simmed to 2047 without any game crashing bugs

Version 0.02b (tested with 23.2)
Corrected USL2, MLS Next Pro and NPSL league sorting rules

FM23 easymacbb USA Basic 0.02b.fmf

Edited by easymacbb

Currently stress testing with all the professional leagues (academies TBD). Noticed a couple things I'll need to change (i.e. table sorting has to be set at the subdivision level...) NISL is NISA, forgot the correct name of it. Teams down to the NPSL are a bit weird as some teams compete in both USL2 and the NPSL. Just duplicating teams and making the NPSL 'B' affiliates for now.

Also, if anyone knows if there's roster rules for NPSL or NISA let me know, their websites don't give any info.

Plan:
v0.02 - Finish testing all the leagues, release version 0.02 (this will be playable with all the professional leagues)
v0.03 - Figure out if I can do expansion in the basic rules for lower leagues in 2023 (i think i figured it out but haven't tested it yet)
v0.04 - Edit teams for affiliations, stadiums, colors, etc.
v0.05 - Edit media, weather, other miscellany
v0.07 - Start figuring out how academies work in this country and hopefully add those (end of the basic rules editing)
v0.10 - Use the existing edited teams to create the structure in advanced rules (would be separate file)
v0.10x - Add promotion/relegation to it all without breaking MLS. (would be separate file)

Edited by easymacbb

On 13/11/2022 at 23:24, McBride said:

I took a look and it looks good. Its a good start!

the USL Championship is expanding  in 2023 with Queensboro FC.

Also, were you thinking of putting National Independent Soccer Association (NISA) in there?

Actually Queensboro just announced that they are delaying until 2024 and will be joining the MLS next pro league instead

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 05:31, Failproof said:

I got an error

usa error.JPG

On 17/12/2022 at 19:17, easymacbb said:

Sorry about that, I'll look into it. Haven't had as much time to fiddle around lately.

It's @yellowsweatygorilla's new updated file for the Canadian Expansion causing this issue to happen. He did something with the Canadian MLSNP teams which causes this error to occur. I fixed this issue by going into his file and deleting the "MLS Next Pro Canadian Teams" competition in the database. Hopefully he fixes it as I've brought this issue up in his thread already.

Not sure if I needed to, but I updated to make sure it ran with the latest version of the game.

That being said, still working when I have time, but man it gets tedious scouring the internet trying to figure out who has what academy team and who plays where.

Getting there, but may jump to the advanced editor for a bit to see if I can get rules working there.

As it stands, it should work as a normal USA world as accurately as possible based on 2022.

Gonna make a 2023 league as well (you can use Nrazil or Canada's 2023 start date when setting up the game) to reflect team movements, but the stats and 2022 winners wont exactly line up.

• 4 weeks later...

@easymacbb Did you run into this issue? It seems to affect most databases which edit the USA, but maybe you've sidestepped the issue by staying away from advanced rules?

If you've not run into this, or some other issue that affects long-term saves, then I'll probably pick up FM23 and start my journey (finally!) :)

Edited by mannyhams

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2023 at 00:18, mannyhams said:

@easymacbb Did you run into this issue? It seems to affect most databases which edit the USA, but maybe you've sidestepped the issue by staying away from advanced rules?

If you've not run into this, or some other issue that affects long-term saves, then I'll probably pick up FM23 and start my journey (finally!) :)

I think it's because this DB keeps the MLS. In my examples and others I have seen, the MLS is removed and new leagues take its place. 

1 hour ago, dino88 said:

is it possible to include NCAA please?

Mate, even using basic rules, that is still a lot of work. As NCAA teams aren't in the database, they will all need creating. I think, from the information given in a different thread, there is around 850 teams that would need creating. And that is before you get into kits and stadiums. Only the creator can say whether or not they will include them, but I wouldn't expect NCAA any time soon, purely based on the amount of work it would require.

18 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Mate, even using basic rules, that is still a lot of work. As NCAA teams aren't in the database, they will all need creating. I think, from the information given in a different thread, there is around 850 teams that would need creating. And that is before you get into kits and stadiums. Only the creator can say whether or not they will include them, but I wouldn't expect NCAA any time soon, purely based on the amount of work it would require.

Is it possible to lift the edited NCAA teams from another previous file and implement into his? 

1 hour ago, dino88 said:

Is it possible to lift the edited NCAA teams from another previous file and implement into his? 

It definitely is as I have done it.  You just have to remove all database changes except for all the NCAA teams and conferences.  Then, you can merge the files together using the editor.  He’d still have to set up all the rules as they don’t transfer, but that’s about it.