The World's Hardest Hexagon Challenge

So, we've all heard of a Pentagon Challenge, right?

You might even have heard of a Hexagon Challenge?

This is "The World's Hardest Hexagon Challenge"!

Video explainer for those who'd rather listen than read:

Rules:

No time limit.

Win the following competitions:

• World Cup
  • UEFA European Championship
  • African Cup of Nations
  • Asian Cup
  • CONCACAF Gold Cup
  • OFC Nations Cup
  • Copa America
  • FIFA World Club Championship
  • UEFA Champions League
  • UEFA Europa League
  • CAF Champions League
  • AFC Champions League
  • CONCACAF Champions League
  • OFC Champions League
  • Copa Libertadores
  • Copa Sudamericana

"But that's just a Hexagon Challenge", I hear you cry.

Here's difficulty multiplier that you've been waiting for:

You cannot, under any circumstances, manage a club side or a national team from a country that has ever qualified for the FIFA World Cup.

That means no Brazil, Argentina, England or Germany. No Barcelona, Liverpool, Juventus or SantosNot even Northern Ireland or Celtic. You're going to have to do this the hard way.

You also cannot manage teams that play in nations that have qualified for a World Cup, even if they're based in countries that have never qualified. That means no FC Andorra and no San Marino Calcio. None of the Finnish teams that play in Sweden for political reasons.

The only exception to this rule is that you can play as the teams from Liechtenstein that play in Switzerland, because they don't have a league of their own.

You want to win the challenge? Tick off those trophies.

Difficulty rating: Near impossible.

FM experience recommendation: Very experienced. This is definitely not one for newbies!

If you complete this, forget the FM in-game leader board. You can truly claim yourself to be among the best of the best.

Zipped file of all the add-ons I'm using, for ease of download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E0Hj6PsiE5SPwUOyv8yc7I3AfScGhES0/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Chasing Lamely

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I definitely will tackle this challenge eventually. 

What teams stand out as ones to manage @Chasing Lamely?

I started unemployed and ended up with FC Ordino in Andorra's top flight. If I were going with a free choice of teams, I'd be looking to be somewhere in Finland, Belarus or one of the Liechtensteiner teams to start out with - the extra money in Europe, as well as the rapid reputation boost available to your clubs and you will really help you with the rest of the challenge, I'd suggest.

This seems obscenely hard :D As the person above me says, even doing this with one country is a big challenge. 

Saying that, I am quite tempted to give this a go. For countries, I have had a look and I think Finland are the best European option. For Africa, Zambia stands out as they won the AFCON recently. South America I think the only choice is Venezuela. Oceania would be anyone except New Zealand. Asia seems to be Hong Kong, although I think Uzbekistan could be a fun option. For North America, I'm at a loss, I think this could be the hardest to accomplish.

Edited by LUFCspeni

Do you have to start unemployed or are you able to start at any club you want?

This would probably be my nations of choice:

Africa : Zambia

Asia : Malaysia / Thailand / Uzbekistan

Europe : Finland

N. America : Curacao / Suriname / Guatemala

S. America : Venezuela

Oceania : Fiji / Solomon Islands

I made it even harder for myself. None of the chosen nations can have a club that previously won a continental prize. I started my hexagon in the Solomon Islands and continued in the Philippines. After 13 seasons my savegame broke...
For the other nations I had chosen Malawi, Canada, Venezuela and Finland. As far as I could find there was one Venezuelan team that won a continental cup, but that one wasn't official. Finnish teams won a friendly cup some time ago, but again that isn't an official tournament. I had great fun managing in the Solomon Islands (winning OFC CL is fairly easy) and the Philippines. Even managed to reach the final of the AFC Cup (but lost) and managed to reach the semis of the AFC CL, but lost from a Japanese team. Witch such bad facilities and youth development it was quite hard to get that far in the cups. Would have taken me again multiple years to win the AFC CL, I reckon.

Because my savegame kept crashing, I decided to do something else, but winning a hexagon challenge is still on my FM wishlist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I’ve started this challenge a few weeks back. So far I’ve won the Oceania champions league with Henderson Eels after 4 seasons along with two league titles. Moved to Olmaliq in Uzbekistan and stayed there for I think 6 seasons winning the league twice and getting to semi finals of CL. Then moved to Thailand to Prechaup who I couldn’t save from relegation then ended up getting sacked. Took over at Kasetstart and saved them from relegation and then only lasting 5 games following season as I just wasn’t feeling them. Now I’m managing Bangkok United who initially kept them up in the league and started the recent season getting 10pts from 5 games. So hoping to qualify for CL this season. 

Gotta say it’s been one fun save so far but very challenging. Damn near impossible but I’m going to give it my best shot. 

will update you as I progress 

• 3 weeks later...

I love a good mental FM challenge. I have actually just started the pentagon on another thread although it's in FM14.

I may restart and give this a whirl. Does it have to FM23 though? I can't get on with the newer FM games so I'd be doing this in FM17 most likley. Maybe 14.

Gonna give this a whirl in FM14. Here's the nations I've got loaded that are eliglble for the challenge:

Mail
Sudan
Zambia

Guatemala
Nicaragua
Belize

Venezuela

Bahrain
Jordan
Uzbekistan
Oman
Thailand
Vietnam

Finland
Luxembourg
Armenia
Georgia
Cyprus
Montenegro

All the other non eligible countries will be on view only.