Fictional Country: Morgsthia (FM23)

THIS IS NOW UPDATED. GO TO THE UPDATED VERSION HERE.

Spoiler

Flag_big.png.bc83c6ed489a029962c9d0d1b269fa7b.png

Eliteligaen.png.153b504b51cd210d152aa0b3e49cd719.pngLiga2.png.e78554b24f59ee1cfd15439a1ee5d574.pngLiga3.png.f7e00243e8c68883801715ccfacc04d2.pngCups.png.26e224478ad8599fac6f207b71be9ffd.png

This is the FM23 version of the Morgsthia DB. For FM22 version click here.

Changes & Notes

- Added 18 New Teams, 

- Each team has 20 players.

- Increased staff members but still there are empty positions.

- Changed Morgsthian Cup's name to "Kongepokal" (King's Cup), it is the FF cup, winner goes to UEFA League.

- Added a new league cup named "Pokalprestisje" (Prestige Cup), a derivative of Carabao Cup, mainly intended to develop your youngsters.

- We now have women staff members and referees in Morgsthia, because why not? 

- There are a couple of changes regarding the starting league of some teams but from now on I intend to keep everyone in their places and just do 3 changes(promotion&relegation) as it should be. 

-  Now the current managers are not listed as club legends, because when you take over the club, they don't just shut up and keep giving interviews, and they spam in your inventory, it was annoying as hell. However, you'll see some static, unclickable names in some club's pages, those are actual people who enjoyed playing with those teams that contacted me. I can add your name too as a thank you for taking your time to play with this DB, just  tell me your name and club.

- In FM22 version the country was based on Liechtenstein and due to how the game was coded, increase in the country's coefficient points weren't affecting how many teams you send to the international tournements. To fix that, I moved country to Luxembourg, now everything is working fine.

- Now we have logos for each division and they all have their own colors. 

- I also created a Federation Logo that suits our nickname "Golden Dragons", (This is the National Team's Logo):

780_M.png.ea40c128f1d471965e71d1bfa88e89e0.png

- I changed the folder structure so it should be compatible with some logo mods out of the box. Just drag and drop the Sports Interactive folder from the zip to your Documents.

* Although nearly all of these is my own work, some of the elements in some logos & kits were taken from a webpage called Freepik. This is not an ad, I just have to indicate that for licence purposes.

Download Link

Download from Google Drive

Suggestions & Questions & Criticism is always welcome. 

Please tell me if you find any bugs or something gamebreaking/annoying.

And please don't share this elsewhere without my permission.

And just a quick note, if anyone knows how to create visual themes for matchday I'd like to find out. Since last year, I want to create custom scoreboard like Champion's League has in FM23, but my moding "skills" are not that advanced yet :D 

Edited by Ozbay

What are you going to do with the already extant Luxembourgish players/clubs in the database? Make them German, or Belgian, or something?

EDIT: Actually, never mind... you did some clever stuff in the Editor. Nice! (only looking to debug ID issues, some issue re: susie name fix)

Edited by sevestra
New info

4 saat önce, sevestra said:

What are you going to do with the already extant Luxembourgish players/clubs in the database? Make them German, or Belgian, or something?

EDIT: Actually, never mind... you did some clever stuff in the Editor. Nice! (only looking to debug ID issues, some issue re: susie name fix)

I moved the clubs to Liechtenstein, but I kept the people, they are now Morgsthian. I changed their city of birth though. 

I don't know about Susie Name Fix, I'll need some details about that to see if there's anything I can do. 

11 hours ago, Ozbay said:

I moved the clubs to Liechtenstein, but I kept the people, they are now Morgsthian. I changed their city of birth though. 

I don't know about Susie Name Fix, I'll need some details about that to see if there's anything I can do. 

One thing i would say though, the prize money for the league is 0 for anyone outside top 3. I can rectify this in the editor also Am not seeing prize money for the cups or am just blind 

8 saat önce, Amarante said:

One thing i would say though, the prize money for the league is 0 for anyone outside top 3. I can rectify this in the editor also Am not seeing prize money for the cups or am just blind 

It always has been like that for this country. Top 3 gets the money, others don't get anything. That's because you already earn decent amount of money throughout the league matches (for example in Eliteligaen matches, winner gets 500K and for a draw both teams get 200K which should be way more than the other leagues) , and you already start with pretty good players, each team already has a sugardaddy, and lastly most of the teams have pretty decent amount of supporters and sufficient stadiums so that is another source of income there.. In the light all these, I thought something had to be done to bring some balance and challenge, therefore you get nothing if you're not in top 3.

For Kongepokal:

Both teams get €2M for playing in the final.

Winner gets €5M in addition to that.

And the losing team gets another €2M. 

For Superpokal:

Both teams get €1M for playing,

Winner gets €4M in addition.

For Pokalprestisje:

Both teams get €1M for playing.

Winner gets another €3M.

* For the matches until the big finale, you get nothing. I don't like to swing a single carrot in front of you, I prefer giving you a big pile of carrots if you could just hang in there for a while :D 

Of course you can change these as you like. To me, it is kind of fun to deal with financial struggles. If you don't need to sell some of your players good chance that you'll win a lot of stuff which will make it boring. But hey, that's just me, you can suit it up for yourself :) 

27 dakika önce, MaxeyN17 said:

Looks like incredible work!

Just a quick question, loaded up a save with just Morgsthia and every player is 19, is that right?

Thank you for your kind words.

Yep, unfortunately it takes way too much time to set different birthdays for everyone, there are more than four thousand people created from scratch. But that's something I want to change in the future. Maybe an update in the upcoming months, maybe in the next year's DB, I'm not sure yet. 

Edited by Ozbay

On 14/11/2022 at 04:05, Ozbay said:

t always has been like that for this country. Top 3 gets the money, others don't get anything. That's because you already earn decent amount of money throughout the league matches (for example in Eliteligaen matches, winner gets 500K and for a draw both teams get 200K which should be way more than the other leagues) , and you already start with pretty good players, each team already has a sugardaddy, and lastly most of the teams have pretty decent amount of supporters and sufficient stadiums so that is another source of income there.. In the light all these, I thought something had to be done to bring some balance and challenge, therefore you get nothing if you're not in top 3.

I did not realize that, Lol i went ahead and applied the Bundesliga and EFL Championship prize money to everyone ops. 

On 16.11.2022 at 15:30, MONOLIT said:

Hello! Sorry, English is not my native language. The work is just beautiful, but for some reason my save with your work does not open and gives an error. Have you experienced this and what could be causing it?
image.png.a0f072e05414e16673e525905fa3f736.png

No worries, I'm not native either :)

What were you trying to do when this error showed up? Google translate says the saved game can not be loaded. It is possible your save file may be corrupted. I am not sure if there are ways to recover a save file.

And this mod I shared should not affect the already existing saves, you need to start a new career.

I'll start a new game and check if there's anything wrong but this is the first time anyone came with this error to me :(

Edit: I checked everything again, everything seems fine. I'm not sure what caused your problem.

Edited by Ozbay

17 saat önce, jcp1417 said:

This looks pretty incredible! What language is Morgsthia?

Hi, its just a made-up word I first came up with for a story I was writing. Team names are also made-up words. 

But in the game I created a new language called Morgsk, belongs to Germanic language family, so we can say that they are speaking that :D  And the data language is English in the database, you don't need to learn a non-existent made-up language :D  Oh, but I forgot to mention, since this is supposed to be a scandinavian country, you may see some Norwegian & Danish words here and there. As a non-speaker of the language, Norwegian sounds beautiful to my ears, but I think it is kind of hard to learn so I used Google Translate for those, meaning there may be errors if you're native of those languages but then again it may be a good thing because I can say that in those languages it may be wrong but hey, in Morgsk thats how we say it :D 

Edited by Ozbay

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2022 at 18:01, Ozbay said:

No worries, I'm not native either :)

What were you trying to do when this error showed up? Google translate says the saved game can not be loaded. It is possible your save file may be corrupted. I am not sure if there are ways to recover a save file.

And this mod I shared should not affect the already existing saves, you need to start a new career.

I'll start a new game and check if there's anything wrong but this is the first time anyone came with this error to me :(

Edit: I checked everything again, everything seems fine. I'm not sure what caused your problem.

I'm, sadly, getting the same error. I don't have any other editor files added. I even tried starting a new save and advancing one day, saving, exiting and loading the save but i still get the same message. I'd very much like to try this db but I don't have any ideas how...

On 27.12.2022 at 15:23, jmckay_31 said:

I'm, sadly, getting the same error. I don't have any other editor files added. I even tried starting a new save and advancing one day, saving, exiting and loading the save but i still get the same message. I'd very much like to try this db but I don't have any ideas how...

I'm genuinely upset to hear that. It really bothers me that you get an error like that because I didn't even touch Mongolia and Yemen, it is frustrating.

I Googled the stuff in the message, recalloc(0), BaseThreadInitThunk(0), RtlUserThreadStart(0), and it appears that this isn't caused by the database. It seems to be a memory issue. Does your computer meet the minimum requirements? If so, I think we need to check the dependency issues. I'm not a software developer but I guess there's a problem with the stuff called "Runtime Libraries". 

From what I searched:
recalloc, BaseThreadInitThunk and RtlUserThreadStart - They're all seem to be a function comes with Microsoft C runtime library. Therefore, maybe installing/reinstalling that library may resolve this. You can download that from here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

I'm not sure which version the game depends on but I'd try the latest one first, so, Under the "Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022" title, there's a table for different architectures, and you need to download x64 version. Install it or if it is already installed, there will be an option to "repair" it.

When I look at my computer, I see that these are all installed: https://imgur.com/a/QFpq3Br

Because different softwares use different versions of these stuff, and they're generally automatically installed while you're installing a new software. But in some rare occasions they can get corrupted, I don't know why. 

I think this is a long shot but, I really hope (re)installing/repairing these libraries fix the issue. Please try this and share the result with me. If this doesn't help check this page: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/9807315748881-Technical-Issues

And you can send a support ticket to the devs. 

And by the way, I'm planning an update on this DB, with some more content. I'm still working on it, so I can't really give a date for that but if the thing above doesn't solve your problem, keep in mind and visit this page from time to time, maybe the updated DB will work properly. You guys are the only two that came with this issue out of about 1000 people who downloaded this, so it must be an easy problem to fix, we just need to figure out what is the source of it.

I've just released an update for this, basically doubling everything in the database, and included faces for the players. See it here:

Note to the mods: You can close this thread.

En 12/11/2022 a las 17:18, Ozbay dijo:

THIS IS NOW UPDATED. GO TO THE UPDATED VERSION HERE.

Revelar contenido oculto

Flag_big.png.bc83c6ed489a029962c9d0d1b269fa7b.png

Eliteligaen.png.153b504b51cd210d152aa0b3e49cd719.pngLiga2.png.e78554b24f59ee1cfd15439a1ee5d574.pngLiga3.png.f7e00243e8c68883801715ccfacc04d2.pngCups.png.26e224478ad8599fac6f207b71be9ffd.png

This is the FM23 version of the Morgsthia DB. For FM22 version click here.

Changes & Notes

- Added 18 New Teams, 

- Each team has 20 players.

- Increased staff members but still there are empty positions.

- Changed Morgsthian Cup's name to "Kongepokal" (King's Cup), it is the FF cup, winner goes to UEFA League.

- Added a new league cup named "Pokalprestisje" (Prestige Cup), a derivative of Carabao Cup, mainly intended to develop your youngsters.

- We now have women staff members and referees in Morgsthia, because why not? 

- There are a couple of changes regarding the starting league of some teams but from now on I intend to keep everyone in their places and just do 3 changes(promotion&relegation) as it should be. 

-  Now the current managers are not listed as club legends, because when you take over the club, they don't just shut up and keep giving interviews, and they spam in your inventory, it was annoying as hell. However, you'll see some static, unclickable names in some club's pages, those are actual people who enjoyed playing with those teams that contacted me. I can add your name too as a thank you for taking your time to play with this DB, just  tell me your name and club.

- In FM22 version the country was based on Liechtenstein and due to how the game was coded, increase in the country's coefficient points weren't affecting how many teams you send to the international tournements. To fix that, I moved country to Luxembourg, now everything is working fine.

- Now we have logos for each division and they all have their own colors. 

- I also created a Federation Logo that suits our nickname "Golden Dragons", (This is the National Team's Logo):

780_M.png.ea40c128f1d471965e71d1bfa88e89e0.png

- I changed the folder structure so it should be compatible with some logo mods out of the box. Just drag and drop the Sports Interactive folder from the zip to your Documents.

* Although nearly all of these is my own work, some of the elements in some logos & kits were taken from a webpage called Freepik. This is not an ad, I just have to indicate that for licence purposes.

Download Link

Download from Google Drive

Suggestions & Questions & Criticism is always welcome. 

Please tell me if you find any bugs or something gamebreaking/annoying.

And please don't share this elsewhere without my permission.

And just a quick note, if anyone knows how to create visual themes for matchday I'd like to find out. Since last year, I want to create custom scoreboard like Champion's League has in FM23, but my moding "skills" are not that advanced yet :D 

Hello Artist, first of all congratulations for the spectacular work you have been doing since FM21 with this project. 👏❤️🙌😉 

Secondly, I am the same person who wrote to you by FMScout. I have decided to answer you here because it seems to me the best way to talk. If you want you can write me a private.

It's a pleasure to be able to deepen this topic at all. I am a big fan of the Nation Development Challenges and I love the Nordic theme, Vikings and all the magic that surrounds these legends.
When I saw your project I drew a happy smile.
Difficulty is important to me, I need long-term game projects and promote several clubs from the same nation with the aim of promoting the national league and, incidentally, improve facilities, youth policy and employees. That is part of the grace of the FM that if you have patience you can make a humble nation grow up to take it to compete against the powerful.
But seeing the level of super facilities, the god level of the employees and the sky-high AC of lots of players as well as the CP made me a little sad. Because I no longer have a job, more than playing and directing the games. You miss all the fun of boosting this country of Morgsthia and Palgabia (this one can still do something with them, but Morgsthia's 3 divisions is like playing a Premier League with over-powered players and teams).
An AC between 100-120 maximum for any top player/employee in the Morgsthia First League I think would be correct. Then the CA I think you should be a little realistic and not go too far, a maximum of 150 I think would be fine (the same for the employees of the Morgsthia First Division teams).
Then I think that according to division losses, lower the CA range of the best players/employees to 100-110 for Second Division teams, and third party teams to 90-100 maximum. The potentials could be left similar to those of the first division, a cap of 150 for the stars of those divisions or a 140 for Third Morgsthia clubs.
As for the fourth, fifth and sixth level that would correspond to Palgavia, with controlling the CA and CP of the employees and making the potentials somewhat realistic, it would be great in my humble opinion.
I think the facilities could be adjusted so that they can be developed, which at most is 15 out of 20 for the best clubs. (56 for Morgsthian, 10% of those could have facilities of a maximum level of 15, and on top of that, reduce the rest of the rivals depending on the league level. Same procedure for the Palgavia clubs

If so, I'd be happy to help correct these things. You just have to tell me. Sincerely 👍
Take Care

En 13/11/2022 a las 16:39, Ozbay dijo:

And how did the Liechtenstein league system turn out? Those Luxembourg clubs now have a Liechtenstein nation, I imagine. But no players from what I understand, right?

Can the same Morgsthia editor create the new Liechtenstein with advanced rules with all those Luxembourg clubs attached to their new league? this way a kind of fusion could be achieved between the two countries