[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mikal It's all defined in panels/player/player overview panel.xml, right at the bottom with the overlays.  There's a value_list for each foot and the colours at each level are outlined there.

Edited by GIMN

Hi.
I would love to try this skin.
I've been trying to make som modifications to fit my likings but I ran into som trouble.

Overview->Attributes
Here, acording to the xml files, I assume there should be some buttons?
I found this in the xml and these folders does not exist: appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button".

image.png.d329385bf81005840dfa5a7df07b2770.png

And I saw another strange thing, in the "player details details selector.xml" it references " file="player/mustermann/player details/player details details" ", which i cannot find.

I'm wondering if I'm missing some files  :confused:

Edited by niklas88
correction

47 minutes ago, niklas88 said:

Overview->Attributes
I found this in the xml and these folders does not exist: appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button".

I can speak on behalf of someone who also loves hidden selectors. You'll find a selector that is to the left of those stars that is the same colour as the background. When you first load the skin, they all appear the same but are customisable and save themselves. Here is how they look in my skin, in 'bg lighter' on a 'bg' background:

78723d9c6173f6ae3ad8faeaf4916ac9.png

1 hour ago, niklas88 said:

Hi.
I would love to try this skin.
I've been trying to make som modifications to fit my likings but I ran into som trouble.

Overview->Attributes

And I saw another strange thing, in the "player details details selector.xml" it references " file="player/mustermann/player details/player details details" ", which i cannot find.

I'm wondering if I'm missing some files  :confused:

The selector is actually hidden to the right, just underneath where the menu appears below.

image.png.9add87f69a1b05eb64a3b5c5e7453b9b.png

The xml that controls this is actually player/mustermann/player screenshot details selector.xml - on line 7, if you change icon_colour="analyser3" to "bg" it will make the little gear icon black.  You could also try "mustermann" as the colour which will make it slightly lighter so it's visible but not too visible.

As for missing files, that's not the case.  There are quite a few files that were used on previous versions of the skin but have since been superceded, which is the case for things like player details details.

Edit: I will be updating the icon colour in the next release (as this wasn't meant to be hidden on the public version) - however the next update is likely to be quite a big one and might be a couple of weeks away yet.

Edited by GIMN

18 hours ago, GIMN said:

The selector is actually hidden to the right, just underneath where the menu appears below.

The xml that controls this is actually player/mustermann/player screenshot details selector.xml - on line 7, if you change icon_colour="analyser3" to "bg" it will make the little gear icon black.  You could also try "mustermann" as the colour which will make it slightly lighter so it's visible but not too visible.

As for missing files, that's not the case.  There are quite a few files that were used on previous versions of the skin but have since been superceded, which is the case for things like player details details.

Edit: I will be updating the icon colour in the next release (as this wasn't meant to be hidden on the public version) - however the next update is likely to be quite a big one and might be a couple of weeks away yet.

It actually worked when I started today, switched to another skin and back again and then it worked.
It figured it was hidden and that the other file was from a previous version now that it worked.
I have two things that I can't seem to figure out.
- Can I use custom table appearance for the sidebar table without altering the standard table?
- What changes the colour of the table headings?
i tried this:
image.png.a18df818a307af8c9499ed80a6aa9fb4.png
and this in the font xml:
image.png.d8b6e6b21fe32fe76df2226346ee57c5.png  
but it stays black no matter what i do

Edited by niklas88
wrong image

22 minutes ago, niklas88 said:

It actually worked when I started today, switched to another skin and back again and then it worked.
It figured it was hidden and that the other file was from a previous version now that it worked.
I have two things that I can't seem to figure out.
- Can I use custom table appearance for the sidebar table without altering the standard table?
- What changes the colour of the table headings?
i tried this:
image.png.a18df818a307af8c9499ed80a6aa9fb4.png
and this in the font xml:
image.png.d8b6e6b21fe32fe76df2226346ee57c5.png  
but it stays black no matter what i do

I tend to stay away from fonts as much as possible, so I'm probably not the best persoon to ask.  Moreover table headers have rarely done what I want.  Thankfully, there's a guide on this forum:

Regarding the sidebar table, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?

On 28/03/2023 at 18:19, GIMN said:

I tend to stay away from fonts as much as possible, so I'm probably not the best persoon to ask.  Moreover table headers have rarely done what I want.  Thankfully, there's a guide on this forum:

Regarding the sidebar table, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?

I found out the problem with the font color, I referenced a font file which I forgot to copy to the font folder.

Regarding the sidebar:

I've redone the sidebar and want the entire sidebar menu table to be transparent.

The only way I found that does it is to make the standard table png's transparent  whice of course makes every table transparent.

panels/generic/sidebar menu table, line 9:

<container class="main_box" appearance="mustermann/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="fg">

change to:

<container class="main_box">

On 25/03/2023 at 12:27, Mikal said:

Hi @GIMN quick question if you can help please. I'm starting  a save with Sporting so I wanted to make a green and gold colour scheme, but do you know which colour settings the footedness is pulled from? Cheers

20230325122116_1.thumb.jpg.21eda9035cea14b7c3f0067b0bc2308f.jpg

Just wondering how you managed to change it to this colour? Need some help to try and change to red/blue etc if possible, thanks

9 hours ago, PeteMac1990 said:

Just wondering how you managed to change it to this colour? Need some help to try and change to red/blue etc if possible, thanks

You'll need to edit the settings file [skin]/settings/[skin name] settings.

The main colours used to set the theme are as follows (although others may need tweaking):

<!--MUSTERMANN COLOURS-->
    <colour name="mustermann"                                                                    value="rgb(192, 156, 26)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann lighter"                                                            value="rgb(212, 176, 46)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann darker"                                                            value="rgb(172, 136, 6)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann alpha"                                                                value="rgba(192, 156, 26, 0.7)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann_alt"                                                                value="rgb(252, 236, 86)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann_alt lighter"                                                        value="rgb(255, 255, 126)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann_alt alpha"                                                            value="rgba(252, 236, 86,0.5)"/>
    <colour name="footer text"                                                                    value="rgb(0, 0, 0)"/>
    <colour name="footer text faded"                                                            value="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)"/>

<!--use https://colordesigner.io/gradient-generator from colour you choose as mustermann to bg darker; 5 ranges-->
    <colour name="analyser2"                                                                    value="rgb(144, 117, 20)"/>
    <colour name="analyser3"                                                                    value="rgb(96, 78, 13)"/>
    <colour name="analyser4"                                                                    value="rgb(48, 39, 7)"/>

You will need to find the change the rgb values to suit.  The colordesigner link above can be useful not just for the gradient, but also for finding colour schemes that might work.

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

You'll need to edit the settings file [skin]/settings/[skin name] settings.

The main colours used to set the theme are as follows (although others may need tweaking):

<!--MUSTERMANN COLOURS-->
    <colour name="mustermann"                                                                    value="rgb(192, 156, 26)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann lighter"                                                            value="rgb(212, 176, 46)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann darker"                                                            value="rgb(172, 136, 6)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann alpha"                                                                value="rgba(192, 156, 26, 0.7)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann_alt"                                                                value="rgb(252, 236, 86)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann_alt lighter"                                                        value="rgb(255, 255, 126)"/>
    <colour name="mustermann_alt alpha"                                                            value="rgba(252, 236, 86,0.5)"/>
    <colour name="footer text"                                                                    value="rgb(0, 0, 0)"/>
    <colour name="footer text faded"                                                            value="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)"/>

<!--use https://colordesigner.io/gradient-generator from colour you choose as mustermann to bg darker; 5 ranges-->
    <colour name="analyser2"                                                                    value="rgb(144, 117, 20)"/>
    <colour name="analyser3"                                                                    value="rgb(96, 78, 13)"/>
    <colour name="analyser4"                                                                    value="rgb(48, 39, 7)"/>

You will need to find the change the rgb values to suit.  The colordesigner link above can be useful not just for the gradient, but also for finding colour schemes that might work.

Legend thank you for that! 

On 27/03/2023 at 16:17, GIMN said:

There's a hidden selector on the player profile page?  Where's it at on the larger skin sizes?  I'd blame my bifocals....but....

1 minute ago, Jellico73 said:

There's a hidden selector on the player profile page?  Where's it at on the larger skin sizes?  I'd blame my bifocals....but....

Here's where they are:

image.thumb.png.1da390720756f4ef392dd9af8c89e35e.png

It's just the selectors for the details and the traits section.  If you follow the instructions to change the icon_colour, that will show where they are.  As well as player screenshot details selector.xml, there's also player screenshot graph selector.xml in the same folder. 

Just now, Jellico73 said:

OK, it wasn't the bifocals.  Thanks!

Yup, literally hidden!  And completely my fault.  I have them hidden on my personal version, for when I take screenshots.  The last update changed that panel, so I copied it over from my personal version (where I also do the edits) and forgot to change the icon colour!

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.00 - Updated 06/04/23 - MAJOR UPDATE
44 minutes ago, GIMN said:

v3.00 released - Light Mode / Dark Mode

• Introduction of Pizza Chart & Archetypes
  • Overhaul of News page to include links to external resources from awesome creators within the FM community
  • Reworking of Player & Staff profiles
  • Overhaul of Club Info and Club Vision tabs
  • Simplification of Home Page

Incredible work. Everything ties together beautifully and you've utilised spaces and areas to perfection. You've changed the game with FM skinning time and time again over the course of this release alone.

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

v3.00 released - Light Mode / Dark Mode

• Introduction of Pizza Chart & Archetypes
  • Overhaul of News page to include links to external resources from awesome creators within the FM community
  • Reworking of Player & Staff profiles
  • Overhaul of Club Info and Club Vision tabs
  • Simplification of Home Page

Wow!

You did in one version of the game what Sigames couldn't do in more than five years: Give more flavour to player's profiles so we can individualize them better.

Incredible work all around here!

Thanks for sharing it with the community, I know you didn't have to.

I really appreciate it.

Haven't used it prior to today, so might be as intended but it seems strange that the popup info on players shows almost no information for me (same for your own players). EDIT: This is only the case when zooming out (95% in my case).

musterskinexample.JPG.adc53594c98e61badf86c08f3ebcf2a6.JPG

Edited by Marinho

33 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Incredible work. Everything ties together beautifully and you've utilised spaces and areas to perfection. You've changed the game with FM skinning time and time again over the course of this release alone.

Thank you. Not just for the kind words, but for being a fantastic sounding board fit done of my more outlandish ideas.  Ive said it before, but it's been super helpful and enjoyable having someone who joined the skinning scene around the same time to bounce ideas back and forth with!

9 minutes ago, lukavski said:

Wow!

You did in one version of the game what Sigames couldn't do in more than five years: Give more flavour to player's profiles so we can individualize them better.

Incredible work all around here!

Thanks for sharing it with the community, I know you didn't have to.

I really appreciate it.

Thank you for the kind words.  What I will say is that working on something adaptive really helps make you appreciate just what SI have achieved.  Building something that works for everyone is damn near impossible.  Not only have they done that, but they've then given a platform where we can adjust for ourselves. They deserve a lot more credit than they get!!

4 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Haven't used it prior to today, so might be as intended but it seems strange that the popup info on players shows almost no information for me (same for your own players). EDIT: This is only the case when zooming out (95% in my case).

musterskinexample.JPG.adc53594c98e61badf86c08f3ebcf2a6.JPG

Nope, that's not as intended.  Which version are you using (graphical or numerical)?

27 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Nope, that's not as intended.  Which version are you using (graphical or numerical)?

It's the same on both numerical and graphical. Running on Windowed. Works fine on 100% Zoom.

Edited by Marinho

6 minutes ago, Marinho said:

It's the same on both numerical and graphical. Running on Windowed. Works fine on 100% Zoom.

Windowed might be the cause. What resolution is your screen in full screen mode?

4 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Are the attribute colours set in the player overview xml , i have changed the skin settings but still not changing colour.

65185b88e4b9e6b34042df4bd70dffe5.png

Yes, they do need to be changed in skin settings.  It appears the changes have been made, too, as they appear to be dark purple, against the Teal colour scheme.  What colours have you set for the attributes?

4 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Yes, they do need to be changed in skin settings.  It appears the changes have been made, too, as they appear to be dark purple, against the Teal colour scheme.  What colours have you set for the attributes?

I disabled in the skin settings xml using 

0180ffbbfb467f41ab7c07ee0063c7ba.png

Then set my own in the in game settings but still comes up with the colours like they are in the picture.

a4346715101d2fce87f2223e721c1f94.png

They show up correctly in the player popup

422cc3c3faffefa66ae20276868847ec.png

Edited by hyrule_king

5 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Windowed might be the cause. What resolution is your screen in full screen mode?

I just checked on Full Screen (1920x1080) and it is the same here. It's not exactly a big issue, 100% works just fine given the way the screen is navigated with vertical scrolling. But might be for others. 

Thanks for the great skin :)

5 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Then set my own in the in game settings but still comes up with the colours like they are in the picture.

Try changing the colours in the settings file instead of disabling and see if that works.

3 minutes ago, Marinho said:

I just checked on Full Screen (1920x1080) and it is the same here. It's not exactly a big issue, 100% works just fine given the way the screen is navigated with vertical scrolling. But might be for others. 

Thanks for the great skin :)

Bizarre. If you'd be able to send a screenshot of your whole screen (if you don't mind), that'd be great. It means I can then try and recreate it, so I can work out what is happening.

3 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Another question: Is the U18 players not showing any info on the Pizza chart down to the 'league' (U18 Premier League) just not generating the necessary data?

Correct. As far as I can tell the game doesn't accurately record advanced metrics for those games.

15 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Try changing the colours in the settings file instead of disabling and see if that works.

Bizarre. If you'd be able to send a screenshot of your whole screen (if you don't mind), that'd be great. It means I can then try and recreate it, so I can work out what is happening.

Like this? It's on the Light Version as well. (also included one of the home screen. This should be 'scrollable' as well i guess ? As is, the additional info tiles on the bottom stay empty/can't be scrolled to show info)

MustermanSkinExample2.JPG

MustermanSkinExample1.JPG

MustermanSkinExample3.JPG

Edited by Marinho

4 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Like this? It's on the Light Version as well. (also included one of the home screen. This should be 'scrollable' as well i guess ? As is, the additional info tiles on the bottom stay empty/can't be scrolled to show info)

MustermanSkinExample2.JPG

MustermanSkinExample1.JPG

MustermanSkinExample3.JPG

Thank you. What level of zoom do you have set up for your Windows Ease of Access settings?

Based on the positioning of the development centre icon and the relative height of the header bar, it looks like your screen is effectively below the minimum resolution this skin can support.

(Also, I'm afraid I'm about to have a nap, so might not reply for a little while)

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

i've just checked aswell.
popup works find, they are populated and attribute colours are drawn from game if disabled in settings.

Player profil is not pulling colours from game for attributes

Edited by snowofman

14 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Thank you. What level of zoom do you have set up for your Windows Ease of Access settings?

Based on the positioning of the development centre icon and the relative height of the header bar, it looks like your screen is effectively below the minimum resolution this skin can support.

(Also, I'm afraid I'm about to have a nap, so might not reply for a little while)

EDIT: Nevermind, i found the setting you are likely referring to, which was set to 125%. And yes, with this set to 100 instead the issue goes away :)  

And good god, i think setting that to 100 while playing FM would have saved me a lot of constant wondering why i had trouble with displaying certain pages on pretty much every screen unless using one designed for Resolutions much lower than i have :D

Edited by Marinho

Hey, I can't seem to change the colour scheme for some reason, I've done the way it's described, however everytime I reload the skin it just stays the default colour. Is there anything I'm missing? Or some update that won't let me change the colour?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, juan31 said:

Hey, I can't seem to change the colour scheme for some reason, I've done the way it's described, however everytime I reload the skin it just stays the default colour. Is there anything I'm missing? Or some update that won't let me change the colour?

Thanks.

You'll need to follow the instructions in the opening post under "How do I change attribute range colours?".  Just for the sake of an example, I've changed them to exceptionally distinct colours (not ones that will look good):

image.png.2cefd434fcf7f55beb927eaf15de7be2.png

When reloading the skin, make sure caching is unticked:

image.png.cb61c20cf3c459af8d803fbd129362e1.png

If you follow this specific example, it will look awful, but the colours will be changed!!

image.png.8375ecf184ab84f7bf8595907ed643e7.png

2 hours ago, Marinho said:

EDIT: Nevermind, i found the setting you are likely referring to, which was set to 125%. And yes, with this set to 100 instead the issue goes away :)  

And good god, i think setting that to 100 while playing FM would have saved me a lot of constant wondering why i had trouble with displaying certain pages on pretty much every screen unless using one designed for Resolutions much lower than i have :D

Yes, the only way I ever found out about it was because I had it above 100 at some point.  No idea how; don't ever remember changing it!!

4 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

i've just checked aswell.
popup works find, they are populated and attribute colours are drawn from game if disabled in settings.

Player profil is not pulling colours from game for attributes

2 hours ago, juan31 said:

Thanks.

This has been fixed on the numerical versions (you will still need to change via settings for graphical version) - the download links have been updated with the new version.

3 minutos atrás, GIMN disse:

This has been fixed on the numerical versions (you will still need to change via settings for graphical version) - the download links have been updated with the new version.

I'm using the numerical version, I changed the folder within the settings like the instructions said but it still didn't work

6 minutes ago, juan31 said:

I'm using the numerical version, I changed the folder within the settings like the instructions said but it still didn't work

I'll pop this in spoilers as it will be very long.

Spoiler

Choose the colour scheme you want, and copy over to skin's settings folder.

image.thumb.png.e94136fbc2d4a86c9a270c4c269c472b.png

You will now have 3 files in the settings folder.

image.thumb.png.e0dcf80e4bd59249544492a844c40f4e.png

Delete the existing settings file.

image.thumb.png.59e0dbf1d51074df05d1897dabdf85b2.png

You will now have 2 files in your folder.

image.png.befbc97a86558e72bdaff65149e35928.png

Rename the colour scheme file to what the original settings file was called.  If you are using the Numerical Light version, for example, it will be Mustermann23 Numerical Light settings.

image.png.9539f276258f49138cc3b79dd2278895.png

In preferences make sure you have the following options under the "SKIN" section.  Use caching must be unticked.  Reload skin must be ticked.

image.thumb.png.bd6be1a09abb2e8a8c71a51e012c94f3.png

Click confirm.

image.thumb.png.aee1970da3231d41505e803bb0d1af0e.png

Your colour scheme will be changed.  You can turn caching back on in the preferences (and turn off reload skin) if you so wish.

29 minutes ago, GIMN said:

The links in the main post are the most recent version, with hotfix.  If you are still having problems, would you be able to upload your save game?

sorry am trying bring my save game over and it says files too big.i have uploaded it to my cloud but dont know or where to put the link

2d1c88b2-fc91-44bb-ae93-e14f9a785890.dmp

Edited by Weasek

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.01 - Updated 07/04/23 - MAJOR UPDATE
21 minutes ago, Weasek said:

sorry am trying bring my save game over and it says files too big.i have uploaded it to my cloud but dont know or where to put the link

2d1c88b2-fc91-44bb-ae93-e14f9a785890.dmp 879.57 kB · 1 download

I'd suggest uploading to somewhere like mediafire and then pasting the URL.

Before that, however, I've reuploaded the hotfix.  Try downloading that and see if the matter is resolved.

Quality update, love all the new and improved features! This skin is one of the main reasons I'm still playing this years version tbh!

Couple quick Qs. On the info popup for the pizza chart it says the stats are pulled from the top 20 leagues, is this adaptable? So say I'm at a CL club, could I adjust this to only pull from the top 10 leagues say? Or if I'm at a lower league club I might only be interested in leagues 10 - 20.

Also, how simple a process would it be to include the pizza charts within the player comparison (as below) to get a quick side-by-side snapshot?

Phenomenal work though!

Spoiler

NewProject.thumb.png.327fe33f6605c57deea2277cd6a7b64b.png

10 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Quality update, love all the new and improved features! This skin is one of the main reasons I'm still playing this years version tbh!

Couple quick Qs. On the info popup for the pizza chart it says the stats are pulled from the top 20 leagues, is this adaptable? So say I'm at a CL club, could I adjust this to only pull from the top 10 leagues say? Or if I'm at a lower league club I might only be interested in leagues 10 - 20.

Also, how simple a process would it be to include the pizza charts within the player comparison (as below) to get a quick side-by-side snapshot?

Phenomenal work though!

Hide contents

NewProject.thumb.png.327fe33f6605c57deea2277cd6a7b64b.png

Unfortunately not.  As mentioned in the FAQs:

N.B.  The comparison numbers are static.  They are based off the data pulled from multiple saves.  This does not adjust dynamically to data within your own save.

As the figures are static, I'd have to run a separate set of data, create 72 more classes (approximately 720 additional data points) for any alternative options.  Similarly, I do not believe it would be possible to add the Pizza Chart into the comparison panel, as there appears to be no way to customise the stats that pull through there.