[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, carR9 said:

Hi again @GIMN, sorry to bother you.... Is it possible to
make the player info a little bit bigger in version Mustermann Numerical 1440??? Till you have the scrolling version done. What panel can I edit... 

Those of us who are older and see worse and worse... :lol:. Thank you. 

image.thumb.png.866ee2a169ffaec67a8be6b2d2575545.png

You'll want to edit panels/player/player overview panel.xml - the header bit is annotated so it should explain what each bit does.  The player/transfer details are controlled by the files in the panels/player/mustermann/player details folder.  Your best bet might be editing them to remove the titles.

13 minutes ago, vJords said:

@GIMN will the updated version work on my screen? or...

I'm afraid not - it's still the same scales as before, the update just fixes additional white text issues.  I am still working on the lower resolution/adaptable scrolling version.  Finished the inbox since I replied to carR9 earlier, but still a lot to go.  There's some screens I will revert back to the default FM style so I can release early and improve in later updates.

hace 3 minutos, GIMN dijo:

You'll want to edit panels/player/player overview panel.xml - the header bit is annotated so it should explain what each bit does.  The player/transfer details are controlled by the files in the panels/player/mustermann/player details folder.  Your best bet might be editing them to remove the titles.

I'm afraid not - it's still the same scales as before, the update just fixes additional white text issues.  I am still working on the lower resolution/adaptable scrolling version.  Finished the inbox since I replied to carR9 earlier, but still a lot to go.  There's some screens I will revert back to the default FM style so I can release early and improve in later updates.

Maybe too difficult, more than I thought. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, carR9 said:

Maybe too difficult, more than I thought. Thank you.

Unfortunately when I made the skin, it was for higher resolutions in Full Screen Mode.  Structurally it's not designed for lower resolutions, and so it's not as easy as just making some things smaller.  I'm sorry it will be a while for the scrolling version, but hopefully that will be a better long-term solution.  Both for those who have lower resolutions, and for me, in not having to try and manage multiple skins!

hace 19 minutos, GIMN dijo:

Unfortunately when I made the skin, it was for higher resolutions in Full Screen Mode.  Structurally it's not designed for lower resolutions, and so it's not as easy as just making some things smaller.  I'm sorry it will be a while for the scrolling version, but hopefully that will be a better long-term solution.  Both for those who have lower resolutions, and for me, in not having to try and manage multiple skins!

No problem!!! Don't worry, let the new skin come out when it's ready, while I'm messing around and changing values...;), trial and error, maybe I learn something. Thank you!

Edited by carR9

Hi again, sorry @GIMN. Which panel control this???? I don't find it, I have managed to modify "for blinds" (for my resolution) the player overview panel of Numerical version 1440 (2 hours later and watching the world cup), and now I am going to try to change the normal one, if you help me to locate this panel.

Thank you and sorry to bother you again.

1.jpg

Edited by carR9

3 minutes ago, carR9 said:

Hi again, sorry @GIMN. Which panel control this???? I don't find it, I have managed to modify "for blinds" (for my resolution) the player overview panel of Numerical version 1440 (2 hours later and watching the world cup), and now I am going to try to change the normal one, if you help me to locate this panel.

Thank you and sorry to bother you again.

1.jpg

Welcome to the world of my very long-winded folder structure.  That will be panels/player/mustermann/performance/player performance stats 90.xml (and player performance stats total for the raw numbers)

Honestly a phenomenal skin, great work mate. 

I've been a huge fan and admirer of the star attributes skin as I like to play this way, but a quick question if I can please. I play in windowed mode, so the 'full fat' graphical skin doesn't display the boxes on my laptop screen (I understand this is my choice, the numerical is fine), but can you let me know what the differences or 'sacrifices' are in the 1440 graphical skin? From what I can tell the player profile loses:

• the "performance" tab
  • player bio (wording at the top)
  • backroom advice tab is split into training and medical tabs

Is there anything else from the player profile or other screens/matchday? If it's just the above then that's a fantastic compromise!

6 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Honestly a phenomenal skin, great work mate. 

I've been a huge fan and admirer of the star attributes skin as I like to play this way, but a quick question if I can please. I play in windowed mode, so the 'full fat' graphical skin doesn't display the boxes on my laptop screen (I understand this is my choice, the numerical is fine), but can you let me know what the differences or 'sacrifices' are in the 1440 graphical skin? From what I can tell the player profile loses:

• the "performance" tab
  • player bio (wording at the top)
  • backroom advice tab is split into training and medical tabs

Is there anything else from the player profile or other screens/matchday? If it's just the above then that's a fantastic compromise!

That is correct.  The Data Hub Overview screen may not include Team Attacking & Team Defending graphs too (they're still available in Team Performance as usual).

hace 15 horas, GIMN dijo:

Welcome to the world of my very long-winded folder structure.  That will be panels/player/mustermann/performance/player performance stats 90.xml (and player performance stats total for the raw numbers)

Ohhhh my god!! Incredible work, thank you. Yesterday I change some values to adapt "normal" and 1440 skin to my resolution... thanks to your instructions, I have learned something!!!  

I have noticed since I installed the patch that permits the use of numerical atributes that you send to the post few days ago (player performance attributes numerical and player attributes panel.xml file) that sometimes the atributes of players dissapear randomly,  Do you know why it can be, how can I solve it??? What file should I touch?

image_2022-12-03_23-48-22.png

13 minutes ago, carR9 said:

Ohhhh my god!! Incredible work, thank you. Yesterday I change some values to adapt "normal" and 1440 skin to my resolution... thanks to your instructions, I have learned something!!!  

I have noticed since I installed the patch that permits the use of numerical atributes that you send to the post few days ago (player performance attributes numerical and player attributes panel.xml file) that sometimes the atributes of players dissapear randomly,  Do you know why it can be, how can I solve it??? What file should I touch?

image_2022-12-03_23-48-22.png

I'll DM you - see if I can replicate and try and provide a solution.

2 hours ago, GianniM said:

The lay out of this skin is amazing, just a shame that all the text needs to be so tiny on 1920x1080. 

Sorry about that.  This is where I tell everyone I'm an optometrist and this is just a conspiracy to ruin people's eyes so they have to buy glasses :lol:

(I'm not.  It's just a joke.  Honest)

2 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

Is the white text on some screens still an ongoing issue?  This is the Accolades page after the season ends
image.thumb.png.69a2ab26c91434aa67b720a03be8dd0c.png

It will almost certainly always be an issue :lol: - just keep 'em coming!  I'll have a look and see what I can do.

The only way I have of knowing if there is white text is if I see the screen (and I'm only in January 2023 on my proper save - I should really stop skinning and actually play the game) or someone tells me, so I appreciate these being raised.

45 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

I don't know if this is new/recent, but it's the first time I've noticed it.  I can't blame the bifocals for this one...

image.png.83c8cea5d1ebed4bb4ae53a807c98719.png

Oh, that's an odd one - it looks fine on my end, and I don't think I've edited that pop-up.  I assume that's the scouting centre overview?  I'll add it to my list!

image.png.7ea1798cf0c6928f91041418f9b5fbb8.png

(Ignore the blurriness, I'm testing some low resolution stuff)

Hi @GIMN; thanks for the great work

On the other hand, i let myself to ask you a question about attributes screen.

Is it normal that these attributes below 5 are colored same as the background color of itself and don't have a different one?

Resolution 1920x1080 zoom 85

skin: graphical 1440

fm.png

Edited by Ups81
different photo

5 hours ago, Ups81 said:

Hi @GIMN; thanks for the great work

On the other hand, i let myself to ask you a question about attributes screen.

Is it normal that these attributes below 5 are colored same as the background color of itself and don't have a different one?

Resolution 1920x1080 zoom 85

skin: graphical 1440

fm.png

It is normal, yes, as this is the colour that has been selected for the low attribute. You can change the colours within the game if you like (see below).

If you go to preferences and in the search bar at the top search for "skin colours" (or your language equivalent I guess) you can then you can change the 'low attribute' colour.

20221205144349_1.thumb.jpg.84700452d7c19fd117fd53c21196ad54.jpg

20221205144116_1.thumb.jpg.a05d0c9c280485b4028125c6ad99e053.jpg

Edited by Mikal

39 minutes ago, Mikal said:

It is normal, yes, as this is the colour that has been selected for the low attribute. You can change the colours within the game if you like (see below).

If you go to preferences and in the search bar at the top search for "skin colours" (or your language equivalent I guess) you can then you can change the 'low attribute' colour.

20221205144349_1.thumb.jpg.84700452d7c19fd117fd53c21196ad54.jpg

20221205144116_1.thumb.jpg.a05d0c9c280485b4028125c6ad99e053.jpg

Super. Thanks...

2 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

image.thumb.png.b2fb1ef5847bedc01c0ccb5b099a6086.png

White text on the honours panel

team\honours info panel.xml I believe

Thank you - it's one I've already got sights on - it's "secondary" because of how I've used it on the Club Overview page, just got to settle on a way to have it look fine in both places.

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

Thank you - it's one I've already got sights on - it's "secondary" because of how I've used it on the Club Overview page, just got to settle on a way to have it look fine in both places.

check how ive done it in TCS, honor_subpanel_file or something to that effect

Just wanted to let you know you can safely add the Instant Result button to your skin, because I've been using it since day 1.

Download the Wannachup Instant result skin, it will have 2 folders in it, graphics and panels, copy the panels folder over, overwrite the one file, reload the skin.

It might error out, but if you close FM and open it up again it runs fine.

image.png.c15c449ba29057323e00502b869c8b07.png

Don't have to make any button adjustments either.

Jellico

2.png.2f5ef019a64be4e9b441c8b04e6909e8.png1.png.e8e4dc470531bae39f4566564102e641.png

How do I change the white text to the shade of black you use? @GIMN

Also, how do I change the text colour for the Opening and Closing of the Transfer Window, Squad Registration, etc. under the day of events when you advance

3.png.94576374aceca3686061b553b0ca5e62.png (THIS IS JUST FOR CONTEXT<)

Still loving the skin

Edited by vJords

10 minutes ago, vJords said:

2.png.2f5ef019a64be4e9b441c8b04e6909e8.png1.png.e8e4dc470531bae39f4566564102e641.png

How do I change the white text to the shade of black you use? @GIMN

Also, how do I change the text colour for the Opening and Closing of the Transfer Window, Squad Registration, etc. under the day of events when you advance

3.png.94576374aceca3686061b553b0ca5e62.png (THIS IS JUST FOR CONTEXT<)

Still loving the skin

The squad numbers I've had absolutely no hope with.  It's listed in the opening post as one I don't think I can fix.  I'll add the scout report to my list.  The text colour might be in the settings file - there are a whole load of transfer deadline day related colours in there.

When you create a note for a player and have the icon show after their name, is there a way to change the colour of the icon?

It's yellow (default colour I believe) and it's not super visible on a bright skin always. 

Cheers.

34 minutes ago, ben carter said:

When you create a note for a player and have the icon show after their name, is there a way to change the colour of the icon?

It's yellow (default colour I believe) and it's not super visible on a bright skin always. 

Cheers.

It's a set graphic - but you can change it by creating your own and putting it in the following folder: graphics/icons/custom/note (there isn't such a path in my skin, you'll need to create it)

It's a 4x4 file called indicator, and the @2x needs to be 8x8.  I've attached a hastily thrown together alternative.

indicator.png

indicator@2x.png

31 minutes ago, GIMN said:

It's a set graphic - but you can change it by creating your own and putting it in the following folder: graphics/icons/custom/note (there isn't such a path in my skin, you'll need to create it)

It's a 4x4 file called indicator, and the @2x needs to be 8x8.  I've attached a hastily thrown together alternative.

indicator.png

indicator@2x.png

Awesome. Thank you :thup:

For transparency (and to manage expectations), I've added an update schedule to the opening post.  I am aiming to release minor fixes (if needed) every Saturday.  I will still provide individual solutions where possible and if a major issues is encountered that will take priority, but I want to make sure that I'm able to work on the next major update and provide context on why I might decide to just note an issue raised and then it gets left for a few days!  For posterity:

UPDATE SCHEDULE: 

Mon-Thu: Work on v2.0, any major fixes for current version
Fri-Sat: Work on minor fixes for current version and release updates
Sun: Play the damn game

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I always wondered how often skinners actually get to play the game :lol:

My actual save, I'm only 17 games in.

That said, for skinning purposes I have played a Bayern Munich vs FC Augbsurg fixture about 1000 times :lol:

1 hour ago, FERIA said:

Hi

I don t have highlight bar attribute "best position" when you compare player ... it s normal ?

In this skin yes, because in other skins the attributes are in a table, and in this one they are in separate containers.  

il y a une heure, Jellico73 a dit :

In this skin yes, because in other skins the attributes are in a table, and in this one they are in separate containers.  

OK but in the screen compare two player (not player solo), it seems to be the same.

You have the option to highlest best position but nothing appear. Here it s normal ?

(hope you undestand me)

Edited by FERIA

5 minutes ago, FERIA said:

OK but in the screen compare two player (not player solo), it seems to be the same.

You have the option to highlest best position but nothing appear. Here it s normal ?

(hope you undestand me)

The player comparison uses a table, the way the skin has been designed theres no possible way to have the highlights

25 minutes ago, Trainspotting90 said:

in the numerical version, is possible to have the boxes in background the numbers, for a better visibility, like this?

image.png.0656f75194935eea1166b82d795562f8.png

I'll look into it, but probably not a change I will make as I focus on the newer version of the skin.

10 minutes ago, FERIA said:

(hope you undestand me)

It is deliberate.  You can change it by editing panels/player/player attributes comparison panel.xml.  You'll need to change the following:

<flags id="required_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/standard/row/normal/row"/>
<flags id="preferred_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/standard/row/normal/row"/>
<flags id="not_important_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/standard/row/normal/row"/>

to:

<flags id="required_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/attributes/required/row"/>
<flags id="preferred_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/custom/attributes/preferred/row"/>
<flags id="not_important_attribute_row_appearance" value="tables/standard/row/normal/row"/>

10 minutes ago, LewisK123 said:

Love the skin man so creative, will you be making a dark version?

On 11/11/2022 at 03:57, GIMN said:

There are no current plans for a dark skin, or a Club Colours version.

On 07/12/2022 at 15:30, GIMN said:

My actual save, I'm only 17 games in.

That said, for skinning purposes I have played a Bayern Munich vs FC Augbsurg fixture about 1000 times :lol:

God yes this! Lol. I’m sick of the sight of Spurs vs Arsenal!

Playing around with the full graphical skin on 1920 x 1080 in windowed mode and managed to get the graphics boxes to appear (for me at least!). I did somehow manage to bring back the hidden numerical ' - ' but hey-o :lol:

Spoiler

20221209174236_1.thumb.jpg.f4c534e479998ee15dc3c0b024317f40.jpg

Spoiler

20221209174245_1.thumb.jpg.046866e8572ef42132a2188efd467550.jpg

Doesn't look too bad on 95% zoom (sidebar icons only) but maybe makes a mess of some other screens!

Spoiler

20221209174753_1.thumb.jpg.ad992e449f07538a7ba239366fd4da4a.jpg

Edited by Mikal

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v1.05 - UPDATED 09/12/22

v1.05 released

• Assorted white text fixes
    • Serious Offence Bans in Competition Rules
    • Inbox items: Squad Numbers, Scout Match Report, Season Summaries
    • End of Season Accolades & Moments to Remember
    • Customised tactics views on match day - @Jellico73
    • Staff names in Scouting Knowledge Popup & Scouting Priorities
    • Trophies on Club History Page
  • Image fixes
    • Realigned images on news panel
    • Added new note icon
    • Added wash to background for Manager Timeline
  • Changed background colour for finance hints

The adaptive/scrolling skin is close to ready - the graphical version has been done and I am working on converting to numerical.  Due to this, I have not included the above updates to the 1440 versions of the skin (they are still at v1.04)

20 horas atrás, GIMN disse:

v1.05 released

• Assorted white text fixes
    • Serious Offence Bans in Competition Rules
    • Inbox items: Squad Numbers, Scout Match Report, Season Summaries
    • End of Season Accolades & Moments to Remember
    • Customised tactics views on match day - @Jellico73
    • Staff names in Scouting Knowledge Popup & Scouting Priorities
    • Trophies on Club History Page
  • Image fixes
    • Realigned images on news panel
    • Added new note icon
    • Added wash to background for Manager Timeline
  • Changed background colour for finance hints

The adaptive/scrolling skin is close to ready - the graphical version has been done and I am working on converting to numerical.  Due to this, I have not included the above updates to the 1440 versions of the skin (they are still at v1.04)

hello, if it's not too much trouble can you tell me which line to correct this white color? thanks

image.thumb.png.39ccf3acc627ce240a24d70f81a2a9ee.png

Edited by teep007