[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

3 minutes ago, micha1334 said:

In the scoutingarea there is now instead of a word "5%" for the knowledge.

Zwischenablage06.jpg

Super, thank you.  This will be something related to the person properties.xml file - I will investigate and hopefully be able to include it in tomorrow's update.  In the meantime, if you want to switch back to another skin - load the skin you want.  Then close Football Manager completely, and reload.  Changes in person properties don't get loaded when you are inside the game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 5 Minuten schrieb GIMN:

Super, thank you.  This will be something related to the person properties.xml file - I will investigate and hopefully be able to include it in tomorrow's update.  In the meantime, if you want to switch back to another skin - load the skin you want.  Then close Football Manager completely, and reload.  Changes in person properties don't get loaded when you are inside the game.

Yeah. Now all new metrics are there!!! Thank you.

vor einer Stunde schrieb micha1334:

Yeah. Now all new metrics are there!!! Thank you.

The metrics and the knowledge was there after restarting the game in all skins, also in the Mustermann-Skin. Now I turned off the computer briefly, and after restarting the FM, the metrics were gone again. 

Edited by micha1334

7 minutes ago, micha1334 said:

The metrics and the knowledge was there after restarting the game in all skins, also in the Mustermann-Skin. Now I turned off the computer briefly, and after restarting the FM, the metrics were gone again. 

Yes - it is to do with the file called person properties.xml.  The information in this file is loaded when you start Football Manager, not when you change the skin.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb GIMN:

Yes - it is to do with the file called person properties.xml.  The information in this file is loaded when you start Football Manager, not when you change the skin.

I hope you find the problem. And thank you for your skin. I like it so much!!!

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v2.05 - Updated 22/01/23 - DARK VERSION OUT NOW

v2.05 released - Light version / Dark version

• Fixed issue with some metrics not being available in squad view
  • Fixed issue with knowledge level showing as a percentage instead of text
  • Adjusted text and background colours for some news items and league results
  • Fixed issue with staff profile not adjusting properly at some resolutions
  • Restored some attribute comparison screens in numerical versions

6 minutes ago, GianniM said:

I'm going to give the dark mode a try, looks great and it will be more comfortable to my eyes.

A few issues on the home screen though (1280x720): 

image.thumb.png.05f0453f6bfe92efd979c3b68b21762e.png

Can you confirm your resolution/zoom settings for me, please?  That looks a lot higher than what I get when I test 1360x768.  That will help me with the adjustments for the next opponent report.  Could you clarify your issue with the bookmark bottoms at the top?

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Can you confirm your resolution/zoom settings for me, please?

Woops, I meant 1920x1080. 

Zoom is at 100% in game and in windows. 

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Could you clarify your issue with the bookmark bottoms at the top?

Oh didn't know this was intentional. They used to have info on them instead of just being bookmarks. For example the Last match one had the result displayed. 

Edited by GianniM

2 hours ago, GianniM said:

Woops, I meant 1920x1080. 

Zoom is at 100% in game and in windows. 

Oh didn't know this was intentional. They used to have info on them instead of just being bookmarks. For example the Last match one had the result displayed. 

Ah, super - 1920 x 1080 makes more sense.  I'll see if I can get those adjustments done for the next update (which will probably be next weekend).

Yeah, I swapped out the bigger buttons to make more space for detailed selections.  I don't think I'll ever be fully happy with the Home screen, so there's a good chance everything will change at least 3 more times before FM24 is released :lol:

Hi, just a "small" request (I have no idea as to the amount of work for it), in the attached pics you can see the top of the screen for (in this example) the player profile within the squad. In this skin (Mustermann), I "only" have the option to scroll through the players in the squad by clicking "up" or "down". In the other screenshot (taken from Andromeda), you can see that in addition to scrolling through with "up" or "down", there's a dropdown menu as well, to go straight to any player of choice. The upside of this option is that when you're on a specific sub screen for a player, i.e. "Form" or "Contract info", when you scroll through you go straight to the same sub screen for the next player. When you go "back" to the squad screen and click the next player you're looking for, you land on the default sub screen for this player, and then have to navigate to the desired sub screen.
This option's also available in other screens where it's possible to scroll through other pages, i.e. when you're viewing a league/competition etc.

Is it possible to get this in this skin as well?

And a great job on the skin nonetheless. (y)

mstrmn.png

andrmd.png

39 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Hi, just a "small" request (I have no idea as to the amount of work for it), in the attached pics you can see the top of the screen for (in this example) the player profile within the squad. In this skin (Mustermann), I "only" have the option to scroll through the players in the squad by clicking "up" or "down". In the other screenshot (taken from Andromeda), you can see that in addition to scrolling through with "up" or "down", there's a dropdown menu as well, to go straight to any player of choice. The upside of this option is that when you're on a specific sub screen for a player, i.e. "Form" or "Contract info", when you scroll through you go straight to the same sub screen for the next player. When you go "back" to the squad screen and click the next player you're looking for, you land on the default sub screen for this player, and then have to navigate to the desired sub screen.
This option's also available in other screens where it's possible to scroll through other pages, i.e. when you're viewing a league/competition etc.

Is it possible to get this in this skin as well?

And a great job on the skin nonetheless. (y)

mstrmn.png

andrmd.png

Seems reasonable - I'll have a look into it (although won't be until next weekend at the earliest)

8 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Seems reasonable - I'll have a look into it (although won't be until next weekend at the earliest)

Lovely! No rush, I'll be happy whenever you'll manage it :)

I love this skin, I haven't enjoyed the game this year until this skin came around. My general gripe with "attributeless" skins are I don't find them realistic. If I were a manager, I could say that a player had excellent speed, is a good finisher but can't head for toffee, which I can do with this skin. My only request would be to ask if it would be possible to put in FM Stag's stats on another tab on the player profile screen?

2 hours ago, LUFCspeni said:

I love this skin, I haven't enjoyed the game this year until this skin came around. My general gripe with "attributeless" skins are I don't find them realistic. If I were a manager, I could say that a player had excellent speed, is a good finisher but can't head for toffee, which I can do with this skin. My only request would be to ask if it would be possible to put in FM Stag's stats on another tab on the player profile screen?

Let me preface this by saying that I think Stag's done some awesome work - it's a fabulous guide and there aren't many resources out there that provide that insight. I do have some concerns over methodology/sample size, so I won't be including it as part of a release. I do recommend taking a look at skins like Hodr/Statman/Moneyball - they've done a wonderful job of incorporating Stag's metrics, and are worth checking out.

If I was going to do something similar, I'd probably prefer to have something that is able to measure against in-save stats or that the user can define themselves. I'm not sure if that is possible (or, if it is, if I have the ability to do it!)

Friend, greetings!

superb skin as always - love love the new dark version! thank you for creating such wonderful piece.

It is asked before the 2.0 update - regarding adding a colored box behind the attributes to make the number - but wasnt adressed at the time. I was wondering if you are planning to add such a feature, or that, if you'd be so kind, to release a instruction on how to achive it, Thank you!

Also, something weird - I tried the way you indicated to add an instant result button, but it only works on the graphical version, and the same steps applied to the numerical version doesnt work. this is sooo weird! can you please take a look?

Edited by endlessthunder
added info

1 hour ago, endlessthunder said:

Friend, greetings!

superb skin as always - love love the new dark version! thank you for creating such wonderful piece.

It is asked before the 2.0 update - regarding adding a colored box behind the attributes to make the number - but wasnt adressed at the time. I was wondering if you are planning to add such a feature, or that, if you'd be so kind, to release a instruction on how to achive it, Thank you!

I did have a look, but it won't be something I'll be implementing/releases.  There are a number of issues, mainly due to my decision to have attribute colours effectively as a gradient (to be more colour-blind friendly) which makes it very difficult to have a text colour that will be readable/contrast against background boxes.

If you want to add it yourself you can edit panels/player/mustermann/performance/player performance attributes numerical.xml

You will need to change the following:

<widget class="attribute_label" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" font="text" style="bold" alignment="centre_x,top" default_width="40">

to

<widget class="attribute_label" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" font="text" style="bold" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" default_width="40" appearance="boxes/contrast/no margin/paper" colour="text">

You may find yourself needing to adjust alignment, and sizes to your liking, and of course colour, which defines the font colour here.

This will do it on the player profile.  If you want it in other places, you'll need to find other areas where attribute_label is defined.

Edited by GIMN

9 hours ago, endlessthunder said:

Also, something weird - I tried the way you indicated to add an instant result button, but it only works on the graphical version, and the same steps applied to the numerical version doesnt work. this is sooo weird! can you please take a look?

I only use the numerical version and it works for me. 

Are you copying the instant result files to the panels folder in the numerical skin?

Jellico

Hi GIMN,

Amazing work, makes my FM experience more enjoyable.

For me, the new attribute style was not easy to adopt, so I changed the player overview to my own liking.

image.thumb.png.a07c7537fd65f112436e29c7d2a3afd3.png

"Graphical - colour coded boxes representing Excellent, Good, Average & Awful - the colours and attribute ranges can be adjusted via Preferences -> Skin Colours"

I'm having trouble with this aspect.  If I go and change the attribute colours, clear the cache, and then reload the skin nothing seems to change.  Is there something I'm missing about this process?

image.png.4792f10cfc79a3e8c0bab1589db20e64.png

image.png.10b194f32d403956ab2d4e0cd56b8568.png

9 minutes ago, h4mWise said:

"Graphical - colour coded boxes representing Excellent, Good, Average & Awful - the colours and attribute ranges can be adjusted via Preferences -> Skin Colours"

I'm having trouble with this aspect.  If I go and change the attribute colours, clear the cache, and then reload the skin nothing seems to change.  Is there something I'm missing about this process?

image.png.4792f10cfc79a3e8c0bab1589db20e64.png

image.png.10b194f32d403956ab2d4e0cd56b8568.png

Apologies - for the graphical version, you need to change it in a different way (it needs to be set up slightly differently to distinguish which attributes haven't been scouted at all).  There are a couple of options:

- Use a text editor, like Notepad + +, and change use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" to use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" using the Find in Files function (select the whole skin folder, and replace all)
- Define the colours you want in settings/Mustermann Graphical settings.xml, you'll need to search "low attribute" and change all the values in that section.  You can use colours defined earlier in the settings file or by defining RGB values.

14 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Apologies - for the graphical version, you need to change it in a different way (it needs to be set up slightly differently to distinguish which attributes haven't been scouted at all).  There are a couple of options:

- Use a text editor, like Notepad + +, and change use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" to use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" using the Find in Files function (select the whole skin folder, and replace all)
- Define the colours you want in settings/Mustermann Graphical settings.xml, you'll need to search "low attribute" and change all the values in that section.  You can use colours defined earlier in the settings file or by defining RGB values.

Awesome, that seems to have worked.  I'm really liking the concept of this skin and looking forward to trying a save in this style.  Thank you so much.

image.png.55aa9ab3c97edfd67c32d46c5da7fe59.png

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v2.06 - Updated 29/01/23 - DARK VERSION OUT NOW

v2.06 released - Light Mode / Dark Mode

• Adjusted Next Opponent Report on Home Page (@GianniM)
  • Added more bookmark/shortcut buttons
  • Added menu to titlebar for switching between screens (@Maaka)
  • Further colour adjustments for inbox items for dark mode
41 minutes ago, vJords said:

@GIMNis it possible to change the white text to dark in the panels NXGNs? Bit harsh on the eyes for me

736736861_Screenshot2023-01-29105412.jpg.6e57e73fb1f91ad4e66095ec07301dbc.jpg

I've changed the value for "bg accent", which I believe should address this and further occurrences, but not currently got a save with the NXGN article, so please let me know if this still persists!

47 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

I am at a spot in my save now, was actually going to send this in as well, so I can tell you if the update fixes this.

Oh that would be marvelous - I'd very much appreciate that!

3 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Great work :applause:

Are you considering allowing backgrounds and editable transparency?

Thank you.  Unfortunately not - I've looked into it previously and it would require changes in certain places that I wouldn't be happy with.  Sorry.

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

Oh that would be marvelous - I'd very much appreciate that!

Thank you.  Unfortunately not - I've looked into it previously and it would require changes in certain places that I wouldn't be happy with.  Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry for, we are the ones thankful for people like you within the community :thup:

50 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

It's better than previously.  Muting the Yellow worked, but it looks like the team and age are a different white than the player name?

image.thumb.png.0f34ce1b1ab25e4597bc93b2359371ab.png

Would switching to the teal settings change these to teal?

Jellico

Thank you.  Yes, changing to teal would change the bg colour used there.

Damn; I thought I'd fixed it with the text as well (I've defined a specific colour to be used when the "bg accent" is used, but evidently it doesn't work, so looks like I'll have to go through all the files individually.  Something fun for me to do for the week!

1 hour ago, Jellico73 said:

image.thumb.png.d3448446509870b6f2ea4408e89c5d65.png

This is indeed better.

With the yellow, the black is too black, if that makes sense.  Maybe going to like an 80% would work better, but that's a personal preference sort of thing.

Appreciate the help!

Jellico

Guide, how to change from yellow to teal? 😅. Thank you for testing as well cause Im long gone from that message.

4 minutes ago, vJords said:

Guide, how to change from yellow to teal? 😅. Thank you for testing as well cause Im long gone from that message.

The Alternative Settings file folder has a teal colour scheme for dark mode.  Instructions are all the way back in the opening post:

On 11/11/2022 at 03:57, GIMN said:

There are now alternative colour themes available.  You will need to copy the settings file for the colour theme you want from Alternative settings file into [skin name]/settings and rename the file to replace the current one.  For example, if using Mustermann Numerical, you will rename the file Mustermann Numerical settings

You'll want to rename it as whatever the settings file for that version is named, so either: 

Mustermann23 Numerical Dark settings
Mustermann23 Graphical Dark settings

21 hours ago, GIMN said:

The Alternative Settings file folder has a teal colour scheme for dark mode.  Instructions are all the way back in the opening post:

You'll want to rename it as whatever the settings file for that version is named, so either: 

Mustermann23 Numerical Dark settings
Mustermann23 Graphical Dark settings

Thank you!

Edited by vJords

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v2.07 - Updated 04/02/23 - DARK VERSION OUT NOW

Light Mode / Dark Mode - please restart FM after updating the skin.

v2.07 released - Huge credit here to @bluestillidie00 for his attribute_bar class and @_Ben_ for his expansion on those ideas.

• Overlay added to Per 90 statistics to indicate elite, good, average and poor performances by position
  • Graphical attributes image changed - ranges now indicated by size and colour
  • Further colour tweaks

FAQ has been added to opening post

Edited by GIMN

26 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Light Mode / Dark Mode

v2.07 released - Huge credit here to @bluestillidie00 for his attribute_bar class and @_Ben_ for his expansion on those ideas.

• Overlay added to Per 90 statistics to indicate elite, good, average and poor performances by position
  • Further colour tweaks

I just thought I'd add to this...

If you are copy and pasting this over the old skin, you'll need to restart your game. @GIMN has changed a lot of classes and these, often, need a restart to work properly. At least, it did for me!

But - obviously, this is the most incredible piece of FM-related work I've ever seen. Amazing.

Edited by _Ben_

45 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

Hello, I love this skin, the only thing id love to have is the player attribute graph somewhere on the screen, I work visually off that, is that possible? 

Not something I'm going to add to the default skin, but you can edit the player/player overview panel.xml.  A simple solution, which will include the separated polygons I created (and therefore have been edited to fit in with the overall design) is to replace lines 729-733:

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="player/mustermann/performance/player performance attributes graphical" id="mmag" default_width="800">
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
  <translation id="title" type="use" translation_id="229822" value="Attributes" />
  <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
</container>

with the following.

<container class="tabbed_container" id="poptp" save_session_state="true" default_item="mmag" default_width="800">
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="player/mustermann/performance/player performance attributes graphical" id="mmag">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
    <translation id="title" type="use" translation_id="229822" value="Attributes" />
  </container>

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="player/mustermann/performance/player performance attributes polygons" id="mmap">
    <translation id="title" type="use" translation_id="535502" value="Polygons" />
  </container>
</container>

This will give you a tab to switch between attributes and polygons.  If you are using the numerical version, the attributes panel is <container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="player/mustermann/performance/player performance attributes numerical" id="mman">.  It's not perfect, but should be functional:

image.png.4d47a673e50495d19db800f3f80ebcc2.png

25 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I just thought I'd add to this...

If you are copy and pasting this over the old skin, you'll need to restart your game. @GIMN has changed a lot of classes and these, often, need a restart to work properly. At least, it did for me!

But - obviously, this is the most incredible piece of FM-related work I've ever seen. Amazing.

That's a very good point, thank you!

22 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Light Mode / Dark Mode

• Further colour tweaks

Your dedication to the skin and improvements doesn't go unnoticed

Can I offer a suggestion for the new overlay per 90 stats? When scrolling over the box it shows a summary of that box, would it be possible to replace/add another that reflects if the data is we are seeing is elite, above avg, below average etc? I have attached an image that I mocked up in 30 secs on paint to show what I mean, I warn you it's not good, but hopefully helps.

example.jpg

5 minutes ago, 8BuggieNights15 said:

Your dedication to the skin and improvements doesn't go unnoticed

Can I offer a suggestion for the new overlay per 90 stats? When scrolling over the box it shows a summary of that box, would it be possible to replace/add another that reflects if the data is we are seeing is elite, above avg, below average etc? I have attached an image that I mocked up in 30 secs on paint to show what I mean, I warn you it's not good, but hopefully helps.

example.jpg

It's a good idea - I'll look into it, but I will temper that by saying I'm not sure if it is possible

Hi mate, really enjoying the skin, noticed something but not sure if its an issue on my end or with the skin. I have restarted FM after applying the skin.

The issue seems to be that there is no data showing for distance covered per 90. See the screenshots ive attached, im managing Sheffield. Cheers! Brilliant work mate also

image.thumb.png.0f8f20a8a3e7619a36b39a330b332497.png311023792_Screenshot2023-02-04at21_37_49.thumb.png.b29c0a4224913a6a4ae00674b581b9e4.pngimage.thumb.png.27fce23f975a37f129be4a6581f85f17.png

17 minutes ago, jamiemcaaa said:

Hi mate, really enjoying the skin, noticed something but not sure if its an issue on my end or with the skin. I have restarted FM after applying the skin.

The issue seems to be that there is no data showing for distance covered per 90. See the screenshots ive attached, im managing Sheffield. Cheers! Brilliant work mate also

image.thumb.png.0f8f20a8a3e7619a36b39a330b332497.png311023792_Screenshot2023-02-04at21_37_49.thumb.png.b29c0a4224913a6a4ae00674b581b9e4.pngimage.thumb.png.27fce23f975a37f129be4a6581f85f17.png

Oh, that seems odd.  I've just checked across a couple of saves - looking at players in my squad, players in other squads, players from scouting reports, players from inactive leagues, etc... and there's values for distance covered on all of them.

image.thumb.png.810d66018ea0d5e88863bcc13a1fad9c.png image.thumb.png.43f04f514d45aab8c9c0c8b36cb49f9f.png

image.thumb.png.3b092628db93af610301f9afe2e18fab.png image.thumb.png.33ddca89e71ce95b7367578c2c9432b5.png

As silly as it sounds, have you tried closing FM and restarting?

10 minutes ago, jamiemcaaa said:

Yes i have, as luck would have it, ive just been sacked so im about to start a new game. Ive closed fm down so as i can apply a new database. I will let you know if it happens again! Thanks for the quick reply!

Interesting definition of luck :lol: - do let me know if the problem persists.