Jump to content

[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v1.03 - UPDATED 21/11/22


GIMN
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulation !!! This skin is great! Thank you for the publication. Especially the club pages are great. 

 

 What's funny for me is the display with the mix of German and English terms. But no problem. It looks great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally one of the most ingenious creations FM has ever seen! You’ve ripped the skin apart and rebuilt it in a fantastic, unique way. I will almost certainly be using your skin to learn about the plethora of things you’ve created and hope this goes down as one of the all time greats!

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BamBamBam said:

Great work.

On the players screen i'm not seeing any attributes though on the numerical version.

image.thumb.png.d9dc4c8ae62accf95ef7d9c834c302a9.png

@BamBamBam - oh that's peculiar.  Can you tell me what resolution and zoom you are using?

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

125% zoom. Which seems to be the problem.

110% doesn't work either.

Sorry, what resolution?

Link to post
Share on other sites

does the same for me on a M1 Macbook Pro even at 85% sadly. slight overlaps in a couple of other places like badges/team names in the next match box on the homescreen as well

5 hours ago, BamBamBam said:

Great work.

On the players screen i'm not seeing any attributes though on the numerical version.

image.thumb.png.d9dc4c8ae62accf95ef7d9c834c302a9.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BamBamBam said:

Windowed , doesn't say what Resolution it is but i have a 4k screen so i'm guessing that.

Try putting the attached file in the following folder: panels/player/mustermann/performance.  I have adjusted some of the sizes of various containers and fonts.  Please let me know how that works.

In windowed mode, your resolution will be relative to the size of the window.  Enlarge the window and the resolution will increase, shrink the window and the resolution will decrease.  The minimum recommended resolution/zoom in the opening post is 1920x1080 at 85%.  This is how it looks at the equivalent resolution in windowed mode with the original downloaded file:

image.thumb.png.aa4b14695b2dc6de31f418298a9e2b35.png

5 hours ago, tomdubs said:

does the same for me on a M1 Macbook Pro even at 85% sadly. slight overlaps in a couple of other places like badges/team names in the next match box on the homescreen as well

 

Can you send a screenshot (and let me know your resolution/zoom)?

 

 

player performance attributes numerical.xml

Edited by GIMN
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Try putting the attached file in the following folder: panels/player/mustermann/performance.  I have adjusted some of the sizes of various containers and fonts.  Please let me know how that works.

In windowed mode, your resolution will be relative to the size of the window.  Enlarge the window and the resolution will increase, shrink the window and the resolution will decrease.  The minimum recommended resolution/zoom in the opening post is 1920x1080 at 85%.  This is how it looks at the equivalent resolution in windowed mode with the original downloaded file:

image.thumb.png.aa4b14695b2dc6de31f418298a9e2b35.png

Can you send a screenshot (and let me know your resolution/zoom)?

 

image.png

player performance attributes numerical.xml 106.8 kB · 1 download

Just saw this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GIMN said:

image.thumb.png.60f5b9bdf53ccd8fcbf3a8a749ac9086.png

Download

Mustermann23
A light skin taking a radical approach to the way Football Manager can be played.  Overview pages have been overhauled with a sparse UI, prioritising key information and reducing clutter, whilst the new analytic stats added in this year's edition are given prominence on the player profile to help those who like to take a "Moneyball" approach to their careers. 

To add more realism/challenge, there is a version with Graphical Attributes, replacing the standard 1-20 numbers with colour coded boxes indicating whether a player is Excellent, Good, Average or Poor at a specific skill.  Attributes have been split into the training groups that influence them so you can now view players in the context of areas of the game.  The Touchline Tablet has also been revamped - redesigned to actually resemble a tablet - and will be the only way you are able to access information in-game.  In real life, although tablets are allowed, you rarely see them used by manager's during play as it takes their focus away from the game.  Now you'll have to make that assessment, with the tablet obscuring the pitch and no longer having any transparency.

Resolutions
Designed for 2560x1440 (110% zoom), but will work down to 1920x1060 (85% zoom

Credits
Quite a few to mention, and I'm sure there will be some that I've missed.  If I've inadvertently used something you believe I haven't credited please let me know!

bluestillidie00 - scouring through the xmls for TCS taught me a lot about how half of this stuff works, as well as his assistance in various skinning queries - check out [FM23][SKIN] WTCS5 by Bluestillidie00 and WorkTheSpace

sebastian_starttrbts & Tyburn - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself - check out [FM23][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★]

_Ben_ - for his wonderful approach to displaying attributes and discussions on skinning - check out [FM23] [WIP] Statman v1.2 - Updated 04.11.2022

Michaeltmurrayuk - for his base skins, and assistance in various skinning queries

wkdsoul - for his assistance in various skinning queries

Wozzie - for fixtures and results panels for club overview

Heffem - for training selectors on player profile

Olas Nick - for his assistance with a number of white text issues

Screenshots (click to enlarge)

image.thumb.png.65e6fdf6932d846a5363e10ada5dc7ea.png image.thumb.png.550831dcd3d4941600a78fbf40b72550.png image.thumb.png.95b78693c8924364c4b57979b1844fb9.png

image.thumb.png.7aef730b47e0986ea611f3056812c6dd.png image.thumb.png.e3499fbc24c28f35fe356376a201acfd.png image.thumb.png.0ff45d45c2fb3844d0a77e5f737ec19b.png

image.thumb.png.e2aca907dcd7f4a422b430224dec820c.png

Versions
The download contains two versions:

  • Numerical - standard attributes, numbered 1-20
  • Graphical - colour coded boxes representing Excellent, Good, Average & Awful - the colours and attribute ranges can be adjusted via Preferences -> Skin Colours

There are future plans to provide more colour themes.  A Club Colours version is not currently planned.

Bugs/Future Requests
If you notice any bugs/issues, please do get in touch, and I will see if they can be resolved.  One of the biggest challenges with light skins is identifying all instances of white text and finding a way to either change it, or put an appropriate background behind it.  I expect there will be some instances that I've missed, so please let me know!

Similarly, if you have any requests for future features, please let me know, although for full transparency I have no intention of adding any information pertaining to hidden information (CA/PA etc...)

I will add any known issues and requests below, and update with status where possible:

  • Squad Numbers inbox item is in white text (fix unlikely)
  • Axis labels for graphs are in white text (fix unlikely)
  • I've added some custom text to some pages which cannot be translated - none of the text is important (it doesn't provide useful information, just adds to the aesthetic) (no fix)

Future Plans

  • Colour themes

Usage Rights
This skin is completely free for personal use, but may not be sold or placed behind a paywall.  If you plan on using the skin publicly, or repurposing a unique element for own skin, please provide credit and a link to this post.  If, for whatever reason, you are so enamoured with this skin you want to send me a coffee, feel free to donate via PayPal.  I would like to stress there is no obligation whatsoever!

Download
Mustermann23

Incredible work and thank you for your help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Try putting the attached file in the following folder: panels/player/mustermann/performance.  I have adjusted some of the sizes of various containers and fonts.  Please let me know how that works.

In windowed mode, your resolution will be relative to the size of the window.  Enlarge the window and the resolution will increase, shrink the window and the resolution will decrease.  The minimum recommended resolution/zoom in the opening post is 1920x1080 at 85%.  This is how it looks at the equivalent resolution in windowed mode with the original downloaded file:

image.thumb.png.aa4b14695b2dc6de31f418298a9e2b35.png

Can you send a screenshot (and let me know your resolution/zoom)?

 

image.png

player performance attributes numerical.xml 106.8 kB · 2 downloads

I did as instructed but with 1920 and 85% still nothing showing. 

Otherwise amazing skin. Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tyro said:

I did as instructed but with 1920 and 85% still nothing showing. 

Otherwise amazing skin. Thank you. 

Would you mind sending a screenshot?

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, tyro said:

image.thumb.png.46ea1624566055ad1461baf0bcf8048a.png

Thank you @tyro - can you confirm the full resolution of your screen - 1920x????.  It will be easier to find a solution if I can replicate the screen size.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Thank you @tyro - can you confirm the full resolution of your screen - 1920x????.  It will be easier to find a solution if I can replicate the screen size.

1920x1080 and 85% as advised.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, tyro said:

1920x1080 and 85% as advised.

I don't know the German translation - but can you check your Ease of Access settings for display in Windows.  This is what it looks like in English:

image.png.de4c04ab7f31ef41add122b12f13272f.png

Is the "Make everything bigger" section at 100%?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, no worries, I just play sometimes in German but might switch back to English since I can't seem to be able to see the attributes I like right away :)

And you were right, it was set at 125%. I changed it to 100% and I can see the stats now.

thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Try putting the attached file in the following folder: panels/player/mustermann/performance.  I have adjusted some of the sizes of various containers and fonts.  Please let me know how that works.

In windowed mode, your resolution will be relative to the size of the window.  Enlarge the window and the resolution will increase, shrink the window and the resolution will decrease.  The minimum recommended resolution/zoom in the opening post is 1920x1080 at 85%.  This is how it looks at the equivalent resolution in windowed mode with the original downloaded file:

image.thumb.png.aa4b14695b2dc6de31f418298a9e2b35.png

Can you send a screenshot (and let me know your resolution/zoom)?

 

image.png

player performance attributes numerical.xml 106.8 kB · 6 downloads

I assume issue is while the macbooks screen is 2560x1600 it runs it at 1440x900. below is screenshots of the two issues I mentioned with the skin at 85%

 

1498658317_Screenshot2022-11-11143820.png.2bf205a6c21989879a81753d7bbfe686.png1191416417_Screenshot2022-11-11143915.thumb.png.1768a7f61184bc7c0506ae0ca619f28b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tyro said:

Hi, no worries, I just play sometimes in German but might switch back to English since I can't seem to be able to see the attributes I like right away :)

And you were right, it was set at 125%. I changed it to 100% and I can see the stats now.

thank you.

*Phew* - glad it worked.  I remember this cropping up last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tomdubs said:

I assume issue is while the macbooks screen is 2560x1600 it runs it at 1440x900. below is screenshots of the two issues I mentioned with the skin at 85%

 

1498658317_Screenshot2022-11-11143820.png.2bf205a6c21989879a81753d7bbfe686.png1191416417_Screenshot2022-11-11143915.thumb.png.1768a7f61184bc7c0506ae0ca619f28b.png

Ah, that will be it.  I have thrown together a 1440 res version (attached) - let me know how that works out for you.  Unfortunately it's unlikely I will support it with updates, as it becomes very difficult to manage multiple different skins with different layouts.

image.thumb.png.2fff9d7bddbb44bad83e12df52306734.png image.thumb.png.84522962e3c7c6ac3b2175ebc00bc06f.png

Mustermann Numerical 1440.rar

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Ah, that will be it.  I have thrown together a 1440 res version (attached) - let me know how that works out for you.  Unfortunately it's unlikely I will support it with updates, as it becomes very difficult to manage multiple different skins with different layouts.

image.thumb.png.2fff9d7bddbb44bad83e12df52306734.png image.thumb.png.84522962e3c7c6ac3b2175ebc00bc06f.png

Mustermann Numerical 1440.rar 7.56 MB · 1 download

all looks good now - many thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bearden13 said:

This skin looks fantastic, thank you GIMN!

Would it be possible to have the 1440 version for the graphical version as well? If it's too much of a bother, then please disregards. Thank you for your work!

I'll see what I can do.  I doubt it will be today, as it's considerably more work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, karlcole said:

Hi mate what files would I need for the match tablet to be moved over to my own skin. I’m guessing the match folder but would there be any others ie graphics icons etc I’d need 

graphics/mustermann/tablet folder

panels/match/mustermann folder

panels/match/match in between highlights panel.xml

panels/match/match touchline tablet panel.xml

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, silentjay said:

This is a work of art. I do have a couple of issues:

I can't see the attribute # here,

image.png.ca060ffb0c54ae8bf01eaa4739978cec.png

And when I try to see the player stats I see this:

image.png.4f87c31cd88e070cff4b33a93c8815ac.png

Should I change anything on my end?

What resolution and zoom settings are you using?

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, silentjay said:

I'm at 85% with with 1920 x 1080 resolution

 

Thanks!

Can you check your Windows Zoom setting, as the scale on the screenshots you shared don't look right for 1920x1080.  Instructions below:

3 hours ago, GIMN said:

I don't know the German translation - but can you check your Ease of Access settings for display in Windows.  This is what it looks like in English:

image.png.de4c04ab7f31ef41add122b12f13272f.png

Is the "Make everything bigger" section at 100%?  

 

4 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Would it be possible to have a dark mode for this @GIMN?

Probably not, I'm afraid.  Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just inverting the colours, and a dark mode would take weeks to put together.  I also sadly don't have the time to maintain and support even more versions of the skin (I hope to play the game at some point :lol:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, karlcole said:

Thanks mate but can only get this working on 85% zoom :(

 

Cheers anyway!

Same question as with everyone else - what resolution?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

Probably not, I'm afraid.  Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just inverting the colours, and a dark mode would take weeks to put together.  I also sadly don't have the time to maintain and support even more versions of the skin (I hope to play the game at some point :lol:)

No worries dude. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how innovative the skin is, SI could've done literally this and I don't many people would complain that the game is to similar to FM 22.

But it doesn't work for me atm, I am on mac M1, 1440 x 900, 100% zoom, Can't see the attributes

 

 

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 19.08.19.png

Edited by TheVerySpecialOne
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, karlcole said:

Thanks mate but can only get this working on 85% zoom :(

 

Cheers anyway!

Also - what do you mean by "working": Is it only showing on 85% zoom, or is it misaligned?  The latter may just require adjusting the image borders for the tablet.xml inside the graphics/mustermann/tablet folder, whilst the former might need some more investigation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

I love how innovative the skin is, SI could've done literally this and I don't many people would complain that the game is to similar to FM 22.

But it doesn't work for me atm, I am on mac M1, 1440 x 900, 100% zoom, Can't see the attributes

 

 

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 19.08.19.png

I'll quote my replies from earlier.  The minimum resolution for the skin is 1920x1080 (at 85% zoom).  I have thrown together a quick 1440 version (below), but I doubt I'll be supporting this with updates through the year.

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Ah, that will be it.  I have thrown together a 1440 res version (attached) - let me know how that works out for you.  Unfortunately it's unlikely I will support it with updates, as it becomes very difficult to manage multiple different skins with different layouts.

image.thumb.png.2fff9d7bddbb44bad83e12df52306734.png image.thumb.png.84522962e3c7c6ac3b2175ebc00bc06f.png

Mustermann Numerical 1440.rar 7.56 MB · 9 downloads

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

I was too hasty, you'll need to add the following file to graphics/mustermann/tablet

tablet.xml 579 B · 5 downloads

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v1.03 - UPDATED 21/11/22

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...