[FM23 EDITOR][MOD] Customize Editor

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How to Change Background?

1. Go to  ...\editor\graphics\backgrounds, put the background you want and saved with the name default.png.

2. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

3. Launch the Editor and have a new background.

I have a skin in the game that I like to have it in the editor. It is possible ?

1. Go to  ...\skins\editor and delete the graphics folder.

2. Open the file skin_config.xml and locate the following code: <flags id="parent" value="fm" />.

3. Open the file skin_config.xml of the skin you want and locate the code: <string id="skin_name" value=".............." />.

4. Copy the value=".............." /> over  value="fm" />, you must have <flags id="parent" value=".............." />.

5. Go to the settings folder of the skin you want and copy the settings file to the settings folder of the editor skin and rename it editor settings.

6. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

7. Launch the Editor.

Edited by cleiria

2 hours ago, hammer man said:

ive only got version 1, not 2 and it doesnt have a user_data_location.xml

In my case, I've copied data location in steam from fm23 to fm23 editor like that and I have my own background

image.png.94352025144aab3267d61daa50a4f9f9.png

image.png.6e694bbc85004bc0cc8503e77a48f144.png

22 minutos atrás, Bigpole disse:

In my case, I've copied data location in steam from fm23 to fm23 editor like that and I have my own background

image.png.94352025144aab3267d61daa50a4f9f9.png

image.png.6e694bbc85004bc0cc8503e77a48f144.png

In another years i use this, but this year, i don't know why, it doesn't work for me.

On 2022. 11. 11. at 오전 2시 29분, cleiria said:

I have a skin in the game that I like to have it in the editor. It is possible ?

1. Go to  ...\skins\editor and delete the graphics folder.

2. Open the file skin_config.xml and locate the following code: <flags id="parent" value="fm" />.

3. Open the file skin_config.xml of the skin you want and locate the code: <string id="skin_name" value=".............." />.

4. Copy the value=".............." /> over  value="fm" />, you must have <flags id="parent" value=".............." />.

5. Go to the settings folder of the skin you want and copy the settings file to the settings folder of the editor skin and rename it editor settings.

6. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

7. Launch the Editor.

need more explanation. with image plz

Anyone able to make the debug stuff visible?

In FM22 I had the newgen preferences visible under the club, but get the impression that is not working (or I am doing things wrong, equal chance).

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

In FM22 I had the newgen preferences visible under the club, but get the impression that is not working (or I am doing things wrong, equal chance).

i edited club.xml, club ui.xml. so i can visible newgen preferences but can add anything..

Em 10/11/2022 em 18:37, cleiria disse:

you have to copy this:

516097188_Semttulo.png.dc1d47722c0b70da68d58101d283608f.png

to this:

695161012_Semttulo1.png.c8ea51a21489c1b8c5699a20a1b6259d.png

before you copy, the file doesn't exist.

I believe that what he means, and it's the same for me, is that there is no "user_data_location.xml" file inside folder version 1 and also that there is no version 2 folder.

Edited by kurovski

11 horas atrás, kurovski disse:

I believe that what he means, and it's the same for me, is that there is no "user_data_location.xml" file inside folder version 1 and also that there is no version 2 folder.

put a SS of your  C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences folder and C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Preferences folder.

Em 14/11/2022 em 15:33, Wolf_pd disse:

Em 14/11/2022 em 22:42, Kodiak disse:

i edited club.xml, club ui.xml. so i can visible newgen preferences but can add anything..

Most of the debug stuff don't allow to do anything.

To work, it needs files that are not present in comp editor.fmf. SI didn't release them.

Maybe in the future...

For example:

Until last year, it was possible to activate the retired squad numbers, but it was not possible to do anything.

In FM23 Editor, it works by default.

If you want to try it, here is a list of files with debug options.

debug.txt

Edited by cleiria

Em 15/11/2022 em 20:20, cleiria disse:

put a SS of your  C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences folder and C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Preferences folder.

There you go the first screenshot.

For the 2nd, my mistake, I found it.

ss.png

Em 25/11/2022 em 08:40, kurovski disse:

There you go the first screenshot.

For the 2nd, my mistake, I found it.

ss.png

Try this:

2. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences\version 1 and copy user_data_location.xml.

3. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Preferences\version 2 and paste the file.

4. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

5. Launch the Editor.

Don't know if anyone in here can help me, On the FM22 editor, I was able to extract the comp editor folder via the resource archiver and "unlock" u17 and u16 teams and divisions. I have done exactly the same for the FM23 editor, but the option to have u17 or u16 teams/affiliates/reserve teams doesn't show. Divisions, however, do work. Any ideas?

Edited by EnigMattic1

23 horas atrás, EnigMattic1 disse:

Don't know if anyone in here can help me, On the FM22 editor, I was able to extract the comp editor folder via the resource archiver and "unlock" u17 and u16 teams and divisions. I have done exactly the same for the FM23 editor, but the option to have u17 or u16 teams/affiliates/reserve teams doesn't show. Divisions, however, do work. Any ideas?

What files did you edit?

Can you show me your work in fm22?

I can give a try.

6 horas atrás, Brodie21 disse:

@cleiriaHi. Do you know how I can remove the age restrictions of players playing in the under 18 league? I would like to use it as a reserve team for all ages. Appreciate any help you can advise. Thank you

you need to change the u18 league to reserve league and put reserve teams instead of u18 teams

Le 26/11/2022 à 12:42, cleiria a dit :

Try this:

2. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Preferences\version 1 and copy user_data_location.xml.

3. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Preferences\version 2 and paste the file.

4. Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2023\Caches and delete editor.skc file.

5. Launch the Editor.

Hi @cleiria Sorry if I made a mistake.

I have the same problem I can't find user_data_location.xml even after I delete editor.skc

image.png.8810daf1001855da029349b95b747e38.png

5 horas atrás, Samuel77 disse:

Hi @cleiria Sorry if I made a mistake.

I have the same problem I can't find user_data_location.xml even after I delete editor.skc

image.png.8810daf1001855da029349b95b747e38.png

try this:

5. Launch the Editor.

it works?

11 horas atrás, Manchestek disse:

Same problem for me, user data location file don't appear in the folder.

I've tried to delete the editor.skc file but nothing shows up.

Immagine 2022-12-14 102315.png

It's OK.

See the debug option in the menu?

In default is hiding.

Delete the editor.skc is for the editor read the new skin.

If you don´t have user_data_location.xml

forget 2. and 3.

Edited by cleiria

On 10/11/2022 at 17:28, cleiria said:

This is a “base” skin, with all needed files of comp editor.fmf file, to the editor that allows to customize the editor.

You can customize the look (skinning) or/and the functionality (allow hidden options, change limits of teams in cups, ….) without editing the comp editor.fmf file.

Thanks to @EnigMattic1 - Added the ability to create U17 comps.

1. Extract this in your skins' folder.

editor.zip 600.77 kB · 22 downloads

If you don't have this file, skip 3. and go to 4. — file only is needed if you change user data location in game.

5. Launch the Editor.

P. S. 1 — If you make changes to the skin, you need to repeat 4, before relaunch the editor to changes take effect.

P. S. 2 — If in the future you change the user data location in game, you have to repeat 2, 3 and 4, before relaunch the editor.

P. S. 3 — After the updates, it could be changes in comp editor.fmf file, so this will be updated to reflect these changes, and you need to repeat 1 and 4, before relaunch the editor to changes take effect.

My problem is a bit different.. If i go in C:\Users\Username

I have no appdata folder at all

The only place where i have stuff for fm is the C:\program files(x86) \steam\steamapps\common

21 horas atrás, Mus_Veli disse:

Hey - does anyone know how I can adjust nation club competition coefficient points, im hoping it can be done somehow?

I cant find it in any of the XML files in the OP

Do you have done this in the past fm editor's?

If yes, how do you have do it?

I can help if i have this information.