Sub not interested in playing

We were 2-0 up, I was looking to bring on a sub to rest some legs and give another player some game time. 

Then I noticed he wasn't really interested in coming on! 

Why is this? Can I do anything about it? 

I have the least professional squad ever. Grade F. I'm looking to replace this lot, but it takes time to find new recruits so I have to make do with what I have for now. 

Screenshot_20221109-194309_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Does he actually refuse to come on or something? 

I've had players show up as not interested in playing (in the squad view after the team talk, never opened one of them to see if it looked like that) and I just bring them on as normal. Their performance will be slightly worse off than if they were happy, but they can still play well.

I don't think he would refuse to come on? I didn't try it, I was surprised to see that message and chose another player. Didn't want to risk the game by bringing on someone who didn't care at all. 

I'm surprised a 19 year old doesn't want to be part of a winning team in a fairly competitive league (Spanish 2 div). 

Can professionalism change with training and overall good team performances? 

1 hour ago, Footix said:

Can professionalism change with training and overall good team performances? 

If it can its probably not by a lot. Try getting a professional older head to mentor him, and discipline and fine him for unprofessionalism when it occurs.

Edited by ElliottMS

4 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

Try getting a professional older head to mentor him

Easier said than done! Malaga is an interesting challenge. The first team squad is full of players aged 33+ with less than ideal personalities. Nobody wants to buy them, and I don't have a ton of money to release them and buy replacements. 🙂

Think this is going to be a long haul, letting the old guys' contracts run out and bringing in younger replacements for cheap. 

23 minutes ago, Footix said:

Easier said than done! Malaga is an interesting challenge. The first team squad is full of players aged 33+ with less than ideal personalities. Nobody wants to buy them, and I don't have a ton of money to release them and buy replacements. 🙂

Think this is going to be a long haul, letting the old guys' contracts run out and bringing in younger replacements for cheap. 

Ah well those unprofessional older heads might be negatively influencing your youngster! It may be worth identifying the worst culprit via the player relationships screen and/or the team report and releasing them if you can bear it.