[FM23] ITCH, ETCH & ATCH - International, European & Americas Team Competition Histories

17 minutes ago, wfm18 said:

Amazing, one of the best files in the community 🤩 I don't understand why SI doesn't implement your files into the game.

I reckon it's at least partly down to licencing (for the club histories, anyway).

With the international histories, I think they're all handled by each nation's head researcher. That would explain why the results are so inconsistent (e.g. different nations refer to the World Cup last 16 stage as the Second Round, the First Knockout Round, the Eighth Round, the Sixteenth Round).

The main reason I started this project was because I realised it would be pointless to go to every single researcher and tell them, "Hey, you're missing this result, this round has the wrong name, another nation has it like this, blah blah blah." But I hope SI do have a closer look at this part of the game in future, because even though it's a very minor feature, what they have right now is sloppy and not very professional.

Hello, that's a nice addition to the game. I have a question I am currently working on the french clubs and competition history fix (as I did for fm22). I only add of course the domestic clubs and competitions history, normally it wouldn't be a problem to add your file too, is that correct?

14 minutes ago, vourtsio said:

Hello, that's a nice addition to the game. I have a question I am currently working on the french clubs and competition history fix (as I did for fm22). I only add of course the domestic clubs and competitions history, normally it wouldn't be a problem to add your file too, is that correct?

If it's only domestic competitions, I'm 99% sure that my files will work with your files.

8 minutes ago, CFuller said:

If it's only domestic competitions, I'm 99% sure that my files will work with your files.

Yeah me too, since I don't create anything at all in my DB, just fix the domestic histories 

• 2 weeks later...

ETCH -Quick one regarding the whole FCSB/Steaua 'who-owns-the-rights to old Steaua Bucuresti' argument situation

There's an on-going argument as to which clubs owns the History, and you can't select two-New Clubs in the Editor - is it worth duplicating the ETCH history for clubs FCSB and Steaua Bucharest?

Note: As of June 2018, UEFA and LPF regard FC FCSB as the continuation of historic FC Steaua and attribute all honours since 1947 to that entity.[7][8] However, the ownership of the many trophies won between 1947 and 2003 is disputed, with the restarted football department of former parent club CSA Steaua also claiming them[40] following legal disputes between the two organisations.[4][41][26] In July 2019, CSA Steaua won a first court decision regarding the record dispute. However, the ruling is not definitive.[1][42] CSA Steaua won another court decision against FC FCSB in June 2021. This ruling is not definitive but it has an enforceable title.[citation needed] According to the June 2021 court decision, CSA Steaua has all honours until 1998.[43]

Edited by Rob 396

On 27/11/2022 at 15:06, Rob 396 said:

ETCH -Quick one regarding the whole FCSB/Steaua 'who-owns-the-rights to old Steaua Bucuresti' argument situation

There's an on-going argument as to which clubs owns the History, and you can't select two-New Clubs in the Editor - is it worth duplicating the ETCH history for clubs FCSB and Steaua Bucharest?

Note: As of June 2018, UEFA and LPF regard FC FCSB as the continuation of historic FC Steaua and attribute all honours since 1947 to that entity.[7][8] However, the ownership of the many trophies won between 1947 and 2003 is disputed, with the restarted football department of former parent club CSA Steaua also claiming them[40] following legal disputes between the two organisations.[4][41][26] In July 2019, CSA Steaua won a first court decision regarding the record dispute. However, the ruling is not definitive.[1][42] CSA Steaua won another court decision against FC FCSB in June 2021. This ruling is not definitive but it has an enforceable title.[citation needed] According to the June 2021 court decision, CSA Steaua has all honours until 1998.[43]

The FCSB/CSA Steaua situation is indeed very complex, and I'll admit I wasn't fully updated on the situation, so thanks for letting me know about this.

In FM23, it seems that CSA Steaua have been given the club's records and honours up until the end of 2002/2003, and Becali's takeover.

Because of this, I will change my records, so that all competition histories up until 2002/2003 are assigned to CSA Steaua - and all histories from 2003/2004 onwards will remain with FCSB. (I might also experiment with assigning all histories from 2003-2014 to the now-defunct FC Steaua Bucuresti, and see if they still show up until FCSB in-game.)

I'm not yet sure if Steam Workshop files can now be updated automatically (there was a bug in previous editors where you couldn't do this). If I cannot do this, I will still make a new version available for direct download.

Success! I have now updated ETCH to version 2023.1 on Steam Workshop, and put up a new link for direct download.

In this update, all competition histories prior to 2003/2004 that were previously assigned to FCSB have now been assigned to CSA Steaua. Thanks once again, @Rob 396.

Please let me know if there are any issues with the update, or if you find any errors/mistake.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Utta said:

I mean History->Honours tab. Just wondering if it makes sense to cross your files with Rob's 🙂🤔

Ah, I see.

I do not change competition names or add different versions of competitions like Rob does. I prefer to keep my competition histories consistent, so for example, all the old European Cup records come under the Champions League (like they do in the base game), instead of being separate from the Champions League (like they do in Rob's files).

That question is something only Rob can really answer. Rob contacted me a while back, and I made him an edited version of ETCH - with separate European Cup / Champions League and UEFA Cup / Europa League data, for example - for him to use in his files. If he is using that version of ETCH in this files, then it's probably best not to use his and my files at the same time, otherwise you might have some duplicated entries and other weirdness. (Though you can probably use ITCH and ATCH with Rob's files without issues.)

Edited by CFuller

6 hours ago, CFuller said:

Ah, I see.

I do not change competition names or add different versions of competitions like Rob does. I prefer to keep my competition histories consistent, so for example, all the old European Cup records come under the Champions League (like they do in the base game), instead of being separate from the Champions League (like they do in Rob's files).

That question is something only Rob can really answer. Rob contacted me a while back, and I made him an edited version of ETCH - with separate European Cup / Champions League and UEFA Cup / Europa League data, for example - for him to use in his files. If he is using that version of ETCH in this files, then it's probably best not to use his and my files at the same time, otherwise you might have some duplicated entries and other weirdness. (Though you can probably use ITCH and ATCH with Rob's files without issues.)

Just to confirm, there's absolutely no issue loading my files as well as CFuller's

Nothing in my file will change the brilliant work he has done

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, dembagarry236 said:

why don't you have africa  data brother ????

I want to cover CAF competitions in future (and AFC and OFC competitions as well).

The main reason I haven't covered Africa yet is because there's only one African league in the main game right now (South Africa) - unless you download custom leagues. Also, FM will only load continental competition histories for clubs if their league is loaded in the same game, as I explained in the OP:

On 08/11/2022 at 15:35, CFuller said:

Q. I have started a new save game with your ETCH and ATCH updates and I cannot find continental competition histories for clubs in certain countries. Why?

A. When Football Manager creates a new save game, it will only load changes for clubs in the nation(s) that you have loaded. For example, if you load just the English leagues, FM will only load full continental histories for English clubs. It also means that you'll need to install custom leagues to see complete histories for clubs based in nations such as Cyprus and Lithuania, which don't have leagues in the original database. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about this.

To put it another way, adding competiton histories for African clubs is only worthwhile if you have their leagues loaded. Until SI include more African leagues in the game by default (and I hope they do in future) instead of you having to download them yourself, I'm afraid that very few people will benefit from this.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, 0tto0o said:

Will you be making an updated version for FM24?

This is one of my favourite mods for FM, so I want to thank you for the work you have already put into this in the past. :)

Yes, the files are ready to go as soon as I can upload them to the Steam Workshop.

I'll give it until the end of the week - and if SI don't fix that editor bug by then, I'll make the new files available for direct download.