668 Team, 12 Level Canadian Pyramid [23.0]

• animal31 changed the title to 528 Team, 11 Level Canadian Pyramid [22.23.3.0]
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Vakama2619 said:

Is that version available for non-steam users to download too?

Yes, ive added it (now) to the main topic

Keep in mind that there is a future main database update coming that will contain updates to the MLS, so I will be needing to release this again, presumably multiple times, just in case yall want to start a long term save

Edited by animal31

32 minutes ago, animal31 said:

Keep in mind that there is a future main database update coming that will contain updates to the MLS, so I will be needing to release this again, presumably multiple times, just in case yall want to start a long term save

Wait is this adding Whitecaps, Montreal and Toronto to this db or smth?

Edited by Vakama2619

1 minute ago, Vakama2619 said:

Wait is this adding Whitecaps, Montreal and Toronto to this db or smth?

No, sorry

I meant the Football Manager default database, the update from Sports Interactive. Theyre going to be doing MLS transfers and stuff like that

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, animal31 said:

There are now well over 600 teams

If you wanted them for a future file, I can provide you with a file containing only the CCAA teams and Manitoba Major Soccer League teams (all 73 of them if you don't already have them). I also have the Manitoban high school teams.

4 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

If you wanted them for a future file, I can provide you with a file containing only the CCAA teams and Manitoba Major Soccer League teams (all 73 of them if you don't already have them). I also have the Manitoban high school teams.

Unfortunately ive already added the teams from the CCAA and MMSL, among others of course

The work now is just getting the leagues to work the way I want them

There will now be 4 tiers of soccer

The professional Tier

the Competitive Tier

The Local Tier

and the School Tier

The professional tier is being decreased from 112 teams to 96, meaning Division 4 is now only East West. These teams will play for the Christine Sinclair Cup, like the FA Trophy

To compensate, the Competitive Amateur tier will now contain the next 3 divisions, which will increase their size from 10 to 12, but play less interplay games. These teams will play for the Julia Grosso cup, like the FA Vase

The Local tier will then decrease their sizes, now being roughly 8 teams per league. There will never be interplay here, and teams will go straight up and straight down, to decrease the number of games in the system. However they will play for the new Jade Rose Cup, like the real world Canadian Challenge Cup

The School tier is roughly the same, but will be now split into 2 levels with promotion relegation, bringing the total number of playable levels to 12, with two seasons of play, one for the Fall Semester, one for the Spring Semester. The newest change will be that age calculation is done September 1st, which means players will become ineligible for USports play, but remain eligible for split league play, like SFU competing in the U23 Premier League. Unfortunately this is the best compromise I can achieve in the Football Manager engine

I will TRY to fix the youth leagues, and make it so only the Professional Tier and the top level USports teams compete in the sliced leagues, but this may get screwy when teams get relegated, but not their U23 or U20/U18 teams. But this will decrease the total number of games simulated, and save money on travel for amateur teams that are in the bottom of the leagues no one cares about, while giving more games to top prospects. In addition, there will be 3 levels for youth teams in their local groups, meaning teams will no longer be cursed to have to play in the game group as the Whitecaps, TFC, and Montreal, when they dont even have players, so there will be less 21-0 drummings of North Surrey FC, for example from my save as the Whitecaps (I had a goal differential of 122). Itll now be Whitecaps, Vancouver FC, Pacific, Cavalry, FC Edmonton, Valour, and Prarieland FC in a group, with teams like TSS, Victoria Highlanders, Bayern Burnaby, Fraser Valley FC, and Surrey United rotating in and out, This will further increase the quality of competition for top prospects, while still giving teams games to play for fitness, and allow for variety in groups, so they arent static

Theoretically this will be between West, Ontario, and East, otherwise the eastern Group will be trying to fit all of TFC, Montreal, Forge, York, Windsor, Ottawa Fury, Athletico Ottawa, and Halifax in, with 2 of those teams being relegated every year. East will be a little weak, but thats okay, the extra playing time will helps teams get better hopefully

• animal31 changed the title to 528 Team, 11 Level Canadian Pyramid [22.23.4.0]

Ive decided to table the increase in the number provincial cups as its just too unbalanced, theres only 40 teams between Alberta and Saskatewan but 140 in BC, and 80 in Manitoba, and the Ontario cup is already the Ontario League cup

Instead ill just be doing league cups, and expanding the regional cups; The 3 MLS teams will obviously win the top level, but ill create 3 additional levels. Itll decrease the number of cup winners originally planned, limiting reputation growth, but its the best compromise I think

• 2 weeks later...

Just talking about season schedules once more

Not including Europe, an EPL team is asked to play 40 games, 38 league, 2 cups, and is expected to win at least one of those cup games before losing to EPL Opponents, so 42 games. Across the 2 cups, the top EPL team if they win everything, is asked to play 13 extra games plus the community shield, or 52 total games. They might lose in the EFL cup and have 5 less games to play or whatever, but they in theory could be playing 52. Germany may play a maximum of 41, and so does do the Canadian MLS teams. I want to push towards 48 games for both the MLS and professional CPL teams

In the current version of the Database, an MLS team might play 9 or 8 Canadian games, 1 obviously has to lose in the Canadian Championship semi finals, in addition to the 4 MLS cup games they may have to play, in a 34 game schedule, pushing it up to 47 or more likely 46 with the bye. My goal is to try to find a way to get those 2 extra games against CPL teams, preferably against rivals. This was originally going to be against their provincial cup opponents, but since that would lead to an unbalanced schedule for everyone except Vancouver, im going to rework it. Assuming the MLS teams have to play every single game, even the extra 2 games in the Canadian Championship, this will put their season at 51 games, the EPL limit, but 48 is expected, considering they have 3 possible bye rounds

The CPL teams on the other hand were scheduled to play 30 league games, which will of course be unchanged. And of course it depends on who plays who in what cup, but 3 of the CPL teams would be making the finals in the regional cups, to play 4 games, plus the league cup, the Sinclair Cup, which gets them another 3 or 4, and the winner of that gets to play 3 games in the Canadian Championship, while 2-5 play 4, and 6-9 play 3 unless they win everything, in which case its an extra game or 2 depending on where they start. The reasonable expectation is that they will max out at 42 or 41 games, while a team that loses in the Sinclair cup final, but wins the championship plays 44. Id like to add 6 games to the schedule. This would bring the Top CPL team to 48, the 2nd to 49, and a maximum run of 52 games for a bottom placed team (5 in the Sinclair Cup, 6 in the Championship, 4 in the Regional Cup, plus 6 new games, plus Canadian Open). However, as they are a bottom team, this is more akin to the Championship where they play 48 games in a league season, and Lower EPL teams if they win in the EFC Cup bringing their season to 52. If you go on such a run, its your own fault. These teams should be expected to play 40 games, which is akin to the 42 in the EPL. Not every team will play these 6 new games, obviously, as they will be additional rounds in a cup, but itll give teams extra home games, so they will have similar opportunity for gate receipts and hopefully reputation

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe got an idea for adding some games... maybe if your able to tweak the League Cup between MLS and Liga MX by adding CPL team by two way:

1. A qualification for League Cup between canadian team( except the 3 MLS club) (and maybe adding some second divisons team) to maybe reward few teams who will participate to League Cup

2. Add all 16 CPL teams to League Cup directly. Dont know how it will working. But maybe a 64 clubs format with robin round will do it. I know there 47 club right now so with adding one another club( USL champions or liga expansion winner) it would be possible

I think it will be a nice addition, because i would like to see more intra-league game, The champions league is not enough because it's juste the best team and not easy to compare average team from each league. it could also help to increase( or decrease) the reputation of each club. 

If you need other idea i would love to contribuate. Love this save, im now in 2050 and have great expectation for the World Cup, currently ranking 15th in the World. 

At first I thought I was a good idea, but right now doesnt really like it. I dont like the bench rule to have a U18 and 3 U21. Sometimes it's annoying when you a U23 or U20 games the same day. Also, when you have a good depth squad its limiting options. 

Like i said, love this save :) 

To give my thought process behind the 8+3U21+1U18 bench rule

First, theres a U21 mandate in the real world CPL, but I think its a bit silly to have in game in the year 2050, so I just made it a number of U21 in the squad, Minutes is a fairly complicated rule, so to keep things simple, I just give teams extra slots for U21 players if they want them, while still having a full squad of O21 players.

Second, The MLS, Bundesliga, and EPL are all 5 from 9 subs

7 bench is effectively dead, good riddance. With 8 on the bench, you can carry a GK, LB, CB, RB, MC, LW, RW, and STR. Instead of having to double dip your wingers, or fullbacks, or just not carry a goalie, 9 lets you cover the case where you play with 2 different midfield spots, like a 433 or 4231, which is really powerful

But in Italy its 5 from 12, which is backups for your entire 11, plus a 3rd striker, or 3rd keeper, or whatever you want to do, however they also reportedly want to do 5 from 15, which is nuts, In my mind thats too much, so I compromise on 5 from 8 or 9

So first, you get your 8, to cover the 442 positions that you need to. If you want to carry a backup for every position, you have to have a U21 in the squad somewhere, up to 3. If you want to then also carry your 3rd striker or 3rd keeper, or whatever else you feel you might need in a given match, you must have a U18 player in the squad somewhere. which also counts as a U21, which bumps that number up to 4

Without any youth in your squad, you're basically playing 5 from 8

With 4 youth however, you can play 5 from 12

Hopefully that makes sense

• 3 weeks later...

So a dumb thing about me is I have no idea how Quebec works cause I cant speak french

but apparently in Quebec "College" refers to schools for 17 and 18 year olds, as a grade 12, grade 13 situation prior to going onto University, as their highschools end at grade 11

So, despite saying ive added CCHA schools to the game, that doesnt include Quebec colleges that are a part of the RSEQ, as they are basically super highschools

• 1 month later...

Im sorry for such a long delay

Despite needing to do less work, ive somehow made more work for myself, and have taken longer on this database than the last

Ive definitely taken the fact that I released the FM22 version at the beginning of the year as a security blanket, and have been working less efficiently that I would have liked. But its coming, its almost done. Im just going over last minute game design for the rules of the competitions before fully implementing them, and making sure my database is perfectly sanitized to be imported into FM24 when the time comes so I dont have to undo so many mistakes as I did this year

Edited by animal31

• 2 weeks later...

I continue my adventure with Celtix Haut-Richelieu. Got a pretty decent team, even beat Arsenal in Champions Club in 2049 and Bayern in 2053. But lost in quarterfinal twice. In 2053, I decide to change club because I dont think I could be better than what I was. The only way I could be better is to have more than 5 foreign player in the starting XI. The rest was the best canadian player that are not good enough to go in Europe and right now because there is not other good enough canadian club I cant rely ont them to grow reputation of the league, so player want to quit kind of fast. So I start with a club in fifth division and get them in first division in 6 years. Hope to be really good eventually :). 

With the canadian team, finally got good players in every position, was able to snatch one of the best prospect who want to go with France and snatch him. Was a superstar for us even at 20 years old. I lost in the finals against Germany in penalty, was so close! Hope to be able to have success like this in the future. Currently 10th in the Wolrd but I was ninth à my best. I dont get great prospect lastly, hoping to find more great prospect soonimage.png.3620936d2eb7cdd09cd9e9a44195b489.png

Hey, 

I have been having some trouble getting this database to work properly for me. I am always able to create a save with this database active and begin playing with it, but I am unable to then load the game once I exit the save. Every time I attempt to load a save with this database active I get the "save game cannot be loaded" error message, while I am still able to load other saves that do not have this database activated. Any idea of a potential fix or something that I may be doing wrong? If it helps, I am playing on the PC version of the game through gamepass. This database is super cool and I would love to get it working.

On 16/07/2023 at 22:17, Jinqqys said:

Hey, 

I have been having some trouble getting this database to work properly for me. I am always able to create a save with this database active and begin playing with it, but I am unable to then load the game once I exit the save. Every time I attempt to load a save with this database active I get the "save game cannot be loaded" error message, while I am still able to load other saves that do not have this database activated. Any idea of a potential fix or something that I may be doing wrong? If it helps, I am playing on the PC version of the game through gamepass. This database is super cool and I would love to get it working.

Upon further thought I am wondering if it is maybe because I started the save on 23.5 while the 23.4 file is the latest version of the database that was released

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2023 at 05:58, Jinqqys said:

Upon further thought I am wondering if it is maybe because I started the save on 23.5 while the 23.4 file is the latest version of the database that was released

Ive been on vacation so i havnt been able to respond to this

But this is actually an error with college teams. If there are too many teams with a certain club objective of like "sign players under the age of 18" or whatever it may be it wont load a save file if there are too many leagues loaded. It might be helpful to restart your save with less leagues and saving reloading before you hit continue 

This will obviously be fixed in the update once released which should be in the coming weeks. Basically I just removed the objectives. Again im sorry for such a wait but if you want a better fix you can edit the file to remove club objectives from U Sports teams

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Is it OK when I would use (some of) the new clubs you created for this file for the Historical Divergence project?

Theres only like 4 teams that ive made myself but you can use those

Of the other teams theyre all real life teams or coming expansion teams so im pretty sure youre free to use them anwyay

10 hours ago, animal31 said:

Theres only like 4 teams that ive made myself but you can use those

Of the other teams theyre all real life teams or coming expansion teams so im pretty sure youre free to use them anwyay

Since you have been the one spending time on adding them the database, I would consider the other teams created your work as well, them being reallife or not :)

So that's why I asked.

On 05/08/2023 at 12:46, animal31 said:

But this is actually an error with college teams. If there are too many teams with a certain club objective of like "sign players under the age of 18" or whatever it may be it wont load a save file if there are too many leagues loaded. It might be helpful to restart your save with less leagues and saving reloading before you hit continue 

This will obviously be fixed in the update once released which should be in the coming weeks. Basically I just removed the objectives. Again im sorry for such a wait but if you want a better fix you can edit the file to remove club objectives from U Sports teams

Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem and good to see there is a solution to it as it's a great database, might go through and remove it myself at some point

On 04/08/2023 at 21:46, animal31 said:

Just wanted to let you know,

I have tried all of the solutions, and none of them have fixed it. 

I tested it with just Canada loaded, and every amount of leagues, and I could not ever load the save. 

4 minutes ago, DesolateCreator said:

Just wanted to let you know,

I have tried all of the solutions, and none of them have fixed it. 

I tested it with just Canada loaded, and every amount of leagues, and I could not ever load the save. 

Can you try verifying Football Manager from your steam library? I just tried it on my machine and it loaded fine, it might be a problem with your install

23 minutes ago, animal31 said:

Can you try verifying Football Manager from your steam library? I just tried it on my machine and it loaded fine, it might be a problem with your install

That did not work either, I think im gonna do a complete fresh reinstall. It installed 11 new things but that didnt fix it. 

I fig

45 minutes ago, animal31 said:

I figured it out but it was ultimately because im dumb. I had all the players loaded in the Canadian lower leagues even if they were turned off. 

On 05/08/2023 at 15:17, Wolf_pd said:

Since you have been the one spending time on adding them the database, I would consider the other teams created your work as well, them being reallife or not :)

So that's why I asked.

This is exactly the right reason why it is good to ask permission 👍 Creativity and effort are both important.

Edited by Jorgen

According to my most recent test, Valour gets relegated in 2031

Canadas best player in 2050 is a goalkeeper that came out of Waterloo for Borussia Dortmund, presumably because of the link up with Waterloo United/BVB International Academy Waterloo. And while a majority still come out of MLS academies, many national team players have come from teams like Victoria Highlanders and TSS Rovers

Edited by animal31

On 22/08/2023 at 07:30, Maverik1828 said:

Hey does anyone know of a usa database with all leages including mls next playable

If youre asking for one thats compatible with this the honest answer is I have no idea, as I dont test for compatibility

But there is this one 

Ive pinpointed a failing database down to the sigular edit that caused it to fail

Winnipeg FC being added to League 3 Prarie

With Winnipeg FC in L3P, the database crashes

when I remove Winnipeg FC, the database doesnt crash

When I remove the Supporter objectives and restore the team to the League, it doesnt crash

I am frustrated lol

• 2 weeks later...

All 12 levels of senior competition work perfectly until at least 2040

Theres still some Football Manager weirdness, but not much I can do about that. I can mitigate the issue of low level teams turning professional but I can fix it, no one seems to know what causes it

• animal31 changed the title to 668 Team, 12 Level Canadian Pyramid [22.23.4.0]