668 Team, 12 Level Canadian Pyramid [23.0]

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 22.23.0.fmfFm22 Release - 

Its here, Babes

668 teams, 140 new teams, one new level

Compete in a complete restructuring of the Canadian soccer pyramid, complete with 12 levels of competitions, featuring a total of 668 teams from leagues across Canada. Fight for league cups, and a complete overhaul of the Canadian Championship, from an expanded Canadian Premier League of 16 teams, with full Promotion and Relegation. A completely reasonable future for Canadian Soccer, this file allows you to compete as any team in Canada as if Canada was England, allowing little Surrey United to fight a battle against Vancouver at BC place for the chance to represent Canada in CONCACAF.

Download here -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3039047864

You can also download the file directly from this post, however you must log in

Check out my discord if you would like https://discord.gg/6dBFcPzRNa

A Full List of Changes

Structure

There are 12 levels of Soccer in this database

The first 2 leagues feature 16 teams. Both play for the Matheson Cup, while level 2 plays for the Wilkinson Cup

Level 3 features 32 teams across 2 leagues, and play for the Schmidt Cup

Level 4 features 32 teams spread across 2 leagues, and play for the Fleming Cup as well as compete against level 3 in the Leblanc Cup. Combined, all 4 of these levels play for the Sinclair cup

Levels 5, 6, and 7 all compete in the LeagueX system, with 6 leagues of 12 teams for each level, all competing for the Grosso Cup

Levels 8, 9, and 10 all compete in the DivisionX system, with 10 leagues of 8 teams for each level, all competing for the Rose Cup

And then Finally, USports, matching their real world structure, but in 3 leagues instead of 4, complete with a post season Memorial Cup style league, featuring both the League Winners, and the Cup winners, for a 6 team single round robin format. 

But that's not all, Theres also the USports junior division, where teams compete for promotion

The best of these leagues play for the 3 League cups, to determine who gets a bye to the quarterfinals of the Canadian Championship, alongside the winner of the Sinclair cup

Each of the senior teams has a U23 team, and a U20 team, which feature in Regional Youth Leagues, which feature relaxed rules, and an 11 level structure alongside applicable Usports teams, creating a spliced pyramid

Usports gets U18 teams which play in an HSports (Highschool analogue) league

All leagues mandate a certain number of Canadians, a few U21 players, and a U18 player in your match squad

5 subs from 12 for all competitions, some exceptions may be 6 subs, or max of 3 stoppages. the Top 4 levels all get 15 total subs as they also get to carry 3 U21 players on the bench

Each league comes with a number of awards, such as Canadian Team of the Year

Added Teams

Every team from the following leagues features in the database, up January 2023:

USports, Canadian Soccer League, Pacific Coast Soccer League, Vancouver Island Soccer League, Vancouver Metro Soccer League, Fraser Valley Soccer League, Alberta Major Soccer League, Saskatchewan Premier Soccer League, Manitoba Major Soccer League, League 1 Ontario Reserves, Ontario Soccer League, Ligue de Soccer Elite Quebec, Nova Scotia Soccer League, , New Brunswick Premier Senior Soccer League, and Newfoundland and Labrador Challenge Cup, and and now with teams from the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association

Also featuring teams like Algonquin College, who have their stadium in the game, to operate as owner for that stadium

Expanding joint teams out, to represent the future where these teams can compete without merging. A joint team will have two parent teams, with the parent teams being whatever the original organizations are

Future Proofing by including future expansion teams like Saskatoon, and Windsor

And just for fun, a minimal amount of fantasy, like a Bundesliga expansion, and my College, BCIT, and Ayr United Sudbury, so Quill18 can have his fun

This brings the total number of Playable teams to 528

Staff

Most teams feature their real world head coach when one was able to be documented

And of course, some female staff from the various Womens league such as Bev Priestmen, who takes over the Canadian U23 national team, hoping to bring home another Gold Medal at the Olympics, or Karina LeBlanc who manages the Portland Timbers 2nd team, an analogue for the Portland Thorns, and Stephanie Labbe who manages Vancouver 2, for the same reason. Give me that NWSL license, Sports interactive

Features

Every team plays in a stadium, all 668

Some teams have their stadiums updated, or changed. Teams like FC Edmonton are future proofed to play into the larger, right next door, Commonwealth Stadium

Every stadium in the game has a team. Olympic stadium houses an amateur team. Can you get them to fill the stadium?

Every team has a proper Jersey, or if one could not be found, one assigned. You wont be encountering any default generic red and blue teams as you make your way up the pyramid

Some teams such as the Church based teams, or the ethnic Community based teams, have club visions to match their status. Churches are asked to develop through their own youth system. Academy teams are asked the same, but also to sign young players, USports teams are asked to recruit out of high school, and teams such as ICSF Columbus are asked to sign Italians. Some fun visions exist too. Can you guess what you might need to do as Goals City FC?

The 2020 Gold Medal Winning Canadian Women's National Team have been added as icons and legends to the applicable teams. Can the Whitecaps live up to expectations and move into Christine Sinclair stadium?

Be on the look out for some interesting challenges. The worst team in the game is Unathletico Vancouver. Can you lead them to Glory?

All Screenshots from FM22

20220626123542_1.jpg

20220626123545_1.jpg

20220626123622_1.jpg

20220626123701_1.jpg

20220626124754_1.jpg

20220626125140_1.jpg

20220626125426_1.jpg

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 22.23.0.fmf

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 22.23.3.0.fmf

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 22.23.4.0.fmf

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 23.0.fmf

DarthAnimal Canadian League Pyramid 23.24.0.fmf

Edited by animal31

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, LFCStevieG69 said:

How did you go about dealing with the CONCACAF qualifiers on this DB? I might substitute it for Eds (yellowsweatygorilla)

Its football manager so it doesnt always work as intended, but teams qualify the same way they do in the default database, with the cpl winner taking the 3rd qualification slot, and the sinclair cup winner taking 4th

How ever that mess of a tournament uses those slots is up to it, but it should also be compatible with other champions league databases but i would sim 5 years of testing before committing to a save

16 minutes ago, animal31 said:

Its football manager so it doesnt always work as intended, but teams qualify the same way they do in the default database, with the cpl winner taking the 3rd qualification slot, and the sinclair cup winner taking 4th

How ever that mess of a tournament uses those slots is up to it, but it should also be compatible with other champions league databases but i would sim 5 years of testing before committing to a save

Can confirm its FM and doesnt always work, took me a day to get the promotions from regionalliga in austria to work -_- 

14 hours ago, LFCStevieG69 said:

^ Forgot which Account I was on... For some reason Chrome never lets me download stuff from here so I made a temp account on Opera lol

In reference to your comment about the regionalliga promotion in Austria, ive been trying to find a file with real-life promotion/relegation format. Do you know any?

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2022 at 08:45, dmurph said:

In reference to your comment about the regionalliga promotion in Austria, ive been trying to find a file with real-life promotion/relegation format. Do you know any?

Not to totally derail this thread, but yes I posted one on FM Scout with the real life promo pyramid for regionalliga

14 hours ago, animal31 said:

Hows everyone doing in league?

Top of the table with ECFC near the end of season 1 in the canadian third division :D had to restart cause I created a few other databases to unlock other countries lol.

5 hours ago, LFCStevieG69 said:

Not to totally derail this thread, but yes I posted one on FM Scout with the real life promo pyramid for regionalliga

Top of the table with ECFC near the end of season 1 in the canadian third division :D had to restart cause I created a few other databases to unlock other countries lol.

Hell yeah brother

5 hours ago, KibworthBull said:

Going to be using this database to try and take a side from the League6 Ontario Group B to the top of the tree.

Found the perfect club - Scarborough Robbie.

Love a good BNL reference.

Its a wonderful day for Canada, and therefore the world

New Canadian Womens Soccer League will be active for 2025

However, as soon as Football Manager adds women to the game, there will be an 11 tier mens lstructure with a mirrored 11 tier womens structure

Functionally, no difference for us, but god damn have I been waiting to get season tickets to the Whitecaps lol

I dont think ill be figuring out a true solution to the Usports problem any time soon

Its impossible to mix professional and amateur teams, so I cant give them professional sub teams, and theres no way to have amateur players go out on loan, so you cant replicate UBC sending players to Varsity FC for fitness. So theres no way to do these relationships justice

But I also feel bad about taking such high reputation teams out of the pyramid, although their strong facilities still enable player development, and those players should end up improving other similar reputation teams

I have no idea lol

6 hours ago, animal31 said:

I dont think ill be figuring out a true solution to the Usports problem any time soon

Its impossible to mix professional and amateur teams, so I cant give them professional sub teams, and theres no way to have amateur players go out on loan, so you cant replicate UBC sending players to Varsity FC for fitness. So theres no way to do these relationships justice

But I also feel bad about taking such high reputation teams out of the pyramid, although their strong facilities still enable player development, and those players should end up improving other similar reputation teams

I have no idea lol

I don't know how YSG had it set up, but on some of his releases for FM22, he would have U-Sports players on loan at the CPL club that drafted them. Maybe he made the clubs semi pro? I will have to take a look.

19 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I don't know how YSG had it set up, but on some of his releases for FM22, he would have U-Sports players on loan at the CPL club that drafted them. Maybe he made the clubs semi pro? I will have to take a look.

From what I can see, its not generally handled, theres no affiliation between teams, but its fine because USports isnt playable anyway

Im not sure how many people play Usports in this database anyway, which is why I like asking for feedback so much, so I think im probably overthinking it lol

4 hours ago, animal31 said:

From what I can see, its not generally handled, theres no affiliation between teams, but its fine because USports isnt playable anyway

Im not sure how many people play Usports in this database anyway, which is why I like asking for feedback so much, so I think im probably overthinking it lol

I'm a sucker for developing players which is why I spent ages last year expanding the database, activating U-Sports, CCAA and (pretty much) every league in Manitoba (MMSL, WYSA, WHSAA). Not to mention the L1O reserves, U19's and the OPDL. Feedback of any kind is always good, because it gives you room to learn.

I have however compiled 30 new cups to help boost reputation around the country

Theres an additional Teir 2 cup, just for the 16 teams in level 2, and the Sinclair Cup has been effectively duplicated, with a new cup replacing it, and the Sinc Cup now being tiers 1 through 4, exactly like the EFL trophy, deciding the canadian championship bye

There are also new tiered provincial cups, effectively creating a ladder, that lets smaller teams win competitions that then qualify them for better opposition

For example, in BC, the amateur teams all fight for the Zurrer cup. This will be teams like Surrey United, teams that are reasonably good, but not like the Victoria Highlanders or TSS Rovers. If they win in a late enough round, they will join those teams in the Niel cup. This is for teams that arent quite up to modern CPL quality, so they dont play Vancouver FC or Pacific. But if they can win late enough in that, they play against them in the Baxter Cup. And as we can probably imagine, win in that, and you're playing the Whitecaps in the Huitema cup.

the actual qualification will be a little bit more complicated than simply winning the cup. The top 4 teams in the Zurrer cup for example will qualify for the Neil cup, and the Top 2 teams in the Neil cup qualify for the Baxter cup, and the winner qualifies for the Hueitema cup, while the teams that automatically qualify for the Baxter cup also qualify for the Huitema cup

In practice you would see Surrey United, Bayern Burnaby, Khalsa, and Port Moody win in the Zurrer Cup, then play Harbourside, TSS, Altitude, and the Highlanders in the Neil Cup. Say TSS and Altitude make the finals, they go onto the Baxter cup to play Vancouver FC and Pacific, and TSS beats Altitude in the Final, so TSS joins Vancouver FC, Pacific, and the Whitecaps in the Huitema Cup with seeding ensuring that TSS plays the team they didnt play in the first round of the Neil cup, creating either drama if they have a rematch of the final, or variety if they dont, while the other team has to beat the Whitecaps. If theres a duplicate of the Baxter cup and Huitema cup Finals, itll help develop deeper rivalries, but chances are itll be the Whitecaps. Ill be sure to create a diagram for release

These ladders also produce qualifiers for the League Cups, now renamed Labbe, Tancredi, and Sesselman Cups

In this case it would be the 4 Huitema cup teams. TSS Pacific, Vancouver, and Vancouver representing BC in the Labbe cup, plus some other semi finalists playing against other provincial semifinalists

These cups will only add 2 games to the MLS schedule, and will replace the first 10 rounds of the Canadian Championship

In order for the Amateur teams to make up the lost games, the Grosso cup will be expanded to have qualifying rounds, based on geography not level, so there will be rivalries between teams in the same city despite playing in different leagues, which should also cut down on travel

This is also tentative, and I havnt counted the number of games

I believe it will add 3 games to the CPL1+2 schedule on minimum, raising their schedules to 34 games, matching the MLS. Anything they win after that is merely suffering from success. The main increase will be for successful CPL2 sides, which wouldnt have gone all that far in the championship anyway. Based on current math, CPL teams will have a maximum of 14 additional games, putting their schedule on par with a hyper successful English Premier league side, domestically anyway. However this involves beating MLS teams. If they can beat MLS teams regularly they probably arent too worried about squad depth

23 hours ago, aquac0rde said:

Made an account to say that I'm having a great time playing as Kitsilano Athletic FC! though I am a little confused about who qualifies for the western league cup? I might have just missed something.

Currently the Western League Cup is simply the top 32 teams in the area, split between each of the provinces, so for you it would be the top 8 teams in BC and the Yukon

Edited by animal31

Ive started doing testing to see whether or not my extra cups are even needed (which im going to add even if they arent, just to get more teams playing against the MLS in big stadiums)

Created 24 teams, 16 play in a big cup, 8 play in a little one. Big cup is 100 rep, little is 75. 

Strangely what I found is only the finalist and the semi finalist actually get a reputation boost. you dont seem to get a reputation boost for making the semi finals, when all teams have the same reputation

I made a lower reputation team, gave them a Jessie Fleming, took control so they would have a good tactic, and won the first game against a 1000 reputation team, and they DID see a reputation boost, and the other teams that lost in that round saw a reputation loss; so it appears teams lose reputation based on the average reputation of the round they lost in?

So yes, it does appear that there needs to be more cup finals lol, Ill add 3 qualifier tournaments to the Grosso cup for safe measure

Edited by animal31

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I have noticed, in the lower divisions, getting promoted without winning the division doesn't get acknowledged in team landmarks and it doesn't show up for the manager as them getting promoted.  This doesn't appear to be an issue from Canadian Second League to Premiere League.  I haven't checked at which division it starts to be the case.

On 29/12/2022 at 08:51, SuperSlappy said:

One thing I have noticed, in the lower divisions, getting promoted without winning the division doesn't get acknowledged in team landmarks and it doesn't show up for the manager as them getting promoted.  This doesn't appear to be an issue from Canadian Second League to Premiere League.  I haven't checked at which division it starts to be the case.

I believe this is an issue with how leagues with groups work. In my save it works going from 3 to 2, which are league based, whereas 5 to 4, for example, is group based

Ill be doing leagues over groups for the next version of the database, so 6 leagues instead of 3, with names to reflect, like League1 Pacific

10 hours ago, minky79 said:

Hey, you have leagues divided into west/east, how do you do this and does it work with promo/relegation? looking to do something similar with the usa

There is a setting in advanced rules that sets the regions automatically, separated by a city

You can also set individual teams regional divisions on a per level basis

whichever way you find easier

I dont know if I mentioned this or not, but it appears that the undersoil heating rule I added is destroying the teams in levels 3 and 4, because they cant make enough money to pay back their loans

Ill be changing the rule so that teams in league 1 and 2 are the only teams affected

• 4 weeks later...

Ive figured out how to integrate reserve teams into the main pyramid while still maintaining roster rules (IE u23 and U20) (USports is still screwing everything up)

But the only question is should I? It would better mirror the real world where Vancouver has a 2 team, a U23 team in L1BC, a U19 in the Fraser Valley Soccer League playing against men, as well as teams like Surrey United having a lot of B teams in lower levels of the same league

but the MLS teams would also dominate any league theyre in, and cups would have to be set up to play without them, and it doesnt look like people feel too fondly about B teams in general hording players, and making it harder for teams to find talent

Idealy, B teams would be asked to carry only 23 players, and they would be mostly U23, with room for some older players, with limited space for players registered with the first team

There would also be a limit of 3 B teams in the first 2 leagues, obviously reserved for the MLS teams, and 4 teams in each league below that

however I still cant figure out what to do with USports teams, and teams like Varsity FC which were the UBC Thunderbirds "pro" team until a month ago. The only thing I really can do with them is just have them play their own little leagues, away from the main pyramid, as they do now, since I cant edit rules for senior teams that have maximum ages, otherwise 16 year olds will be turning up for university games and that just doesnt make sense

It looks like teams with the same board as another are considered B teams, which is an issue for Atletico Ottawa (tho not in the base game)

Also the MLS B teams are broken as heck from an AI perspective, so in order to actually facilitate them, im just gonna make the "Vancouver Breakers" "Montreal Impact" and "Toronto Reds" teams like I did "Bayern Burnaby" and "Ayr Sudbury"

The question also can be extended to C teams, as there are many many teams like that across the real life pyramid, Surrey United has like 120 teams

I may also change all youth teams to be U18 teams, and contemplate adding U21 teams to the Pyramid. It would greatly simplify the database, albeit expand it. Right now all sub teams play in two pyramids, one with promotion and relegation, the other with regionalized groups, which are also kinda dumb because the Whitecaps end up playing against Level 7 teams, which dont even have sub teams in real life

What im gonna end up doing is release the Vanilla Database in the same image as the last one, because thats the one that works, and then experiment with alternate releases

Edited by animal31

On 16/02/2023 at 00:49, animal31 said:

Would people be open to adding Canadian Football League owned teams to the lower levels, so they can own their appropriate facilities? Like BC Lions FC?

That would be a tricky one. Valour's owners have the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the best way to describe that setup would be similar to how Rockstar view GTA and Read Dead with the Bombers being GTA. That would mean the Bombers should be richer than Valour.

14 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Hey, mind if I leave a suggestion of my own, replace Edmonton with Vancouver FC like what happened in real life

Edmonton will be in the database still, and Vancouver FC has been added. The CPL has been expanded from the real life 8 teams to 16

16 hours ago, animal31 said:

Edmonton will be in the database still, and Vancouver FC has been added. The CPL has been expanded from the real life 8 teams to 16

To be fair, it isn't like Edmonton have gone for good either. More like a hiatus until another ground and owners can be found if I remember correctly.

I am now in 2040 and wow, that was a really nice challenge! I took Celtix Haut Richelieu from Tier 3 ( my hometown team). I got a star player in Gabriel Balbinotti , who's was way too good to be in my team and manage to keep him. Was my best player for like 5 season. Of course I manage to be the top team in around 2028. Was consider a profesionnal team in 2027, it help me a lot at that moment. FOr the first 10 seasons I manage to find free player ( there was a lot to find in US lower division). I finally won the Canadian Champions League for the first time in 2039, the 3 canadian MLS team manage to be, in general, the best team in MLS ( Toronto and Montreal won 6 MLS Cup in 15 years, I dont know if they are that good because of this format. I also won one Concacaf Champions league in 2033, it was crazy insane! I think you know it and there is no possibility to change it, but a player who was register in concacaf league for another team cannot be register for another team, so it add a challenge because I wont buy player who's already play in that Cup. 

After all that time, the best thing is to see the grow in attendance, like in the picture. Unfortunately, in second division, the attendance go to 200 in 2022 to 400, who is not a lot and there is so much to do. I also am able to win 70/30 against US team and around 50/50 against Mexico team. My team salary is 2.2M, MLS and Mexico is at least 10M ( a lot of them has 20M+. There was some good canadian gem around the world, like Jules-Anthony Vilsaint, Luc de Fugerolle, Axel Desjardins. At some point there was free agent and was able to snatch them. Vilsaint was a regular on canadian team. 

In 2030 just before the World Cup, I took the Canadian Team, my best result was a round of 16 twice and a bad result in 2038, who I lose in round of 32 ( the new format is not fun). The best true canadian player were Davies, David, I.Kone, A.Johnston, K.Miller, Eustaquio. St-Clair was the first keeper for a long time. J. Marshall-Rutty was so usefull too. Unfortunatly, the game dont have a lot of good regen. Defensivly its terrible. I was able to snag a lot of DP form canadian MLS team. I also manage to convince foreign player who was not too good ( because they want to quit to be in better league) and good enough to stay five years to represent Canada. There was not good defender and keeper so it was my first task to find them and keep them. Also, with time and patience, I was able to have a great youth development, I got one real gem who I was able to keep him for 6 years ( the last to years he was on loan form Benfica). Now in the national team, I got at least 8 players who were on my squad ( foreign player and my youth team), so it's a good sign for the future. The Wanderers and Pacific are the best two other team and are able to developp and sign good player too. The rest is meh. 

I also won the Gold Cup one time in 2037, was lucky enough to face Jamaica in semi so I just got one tough game ( It's ALWAYS Mexico-USA, Canada and Jamaica in semi, and Jamaica is not good enough. I saw one time a draw between Costa Rica and Mexico but otherwise it's always the same team. 

Fun fact in World Cup, in 2026, USA win in finals against Ivory Coast. Turkey won in 2030 against Italy.

cpl attendance.jpg

On 24/02/2023 at 20:09, Steph54 said:

I am now in 2040 and wow, that was a really nice challenge! I took Celtix Haut Richelieu from Tier 3 ( my hometown team). I got a star player in Gabriel Balbinotti , who's was way too good to be in my team and manage to keep him. Was my best player for like 5 season. Of course I manage to be the top team in around 2028. Was consider a profesionnal team in 2027, it help me a lot at that moment. FOr the first 10 seasons I manage to find free player ( there was a lot to find in US lower division). I finally won the Canadian Champions League for the first time in 2039, the 3 canadian MLS team manage to be, in general, the best team in MLS ( Toronto and Montreal won 6 MLS Cup in 15 years, I dont know if they are that good because of this format. I also won one Concacaf Champions league in 2033, it was crazy insane! I think you know it and there is no possibility to change it, but a player who was register in concacaf league for another team cannot be register for another team, so it add a challenge because I wont buy player who's already play in that Cup. 

After all that time, the best thing is to see the grow in attendance, like in the picture. Unfortunately, in second division, the attendance go to 200 in 2022 to 400, who is not a lot and there is so much to do. I also am able to win 70/30 against US team and around 50/50 against Mexico team. My team salary is 2.2M, MLS and Mexico is at least 10M ( a lot of them has 20M+. There was some good canadian gem around the world, like Jules-Anthony Vilsaint, Luc de Fugerolle, Axel Desjardins. At some point there was free agent and was able to snatch them. Vilsaint was a regular on canadian team. 

In 2030 just before the World Cup, I took the Canadian Team, my best result was a round of 16 twice and a bad result in 2038, who I lose in round of 32 ( the new format is not fun). The best true canadian player were Davies, David, I.Kone, A.Johnston, K.Miller, Eustaquio. St-Clair was the first keeper for a long time. J. Marshall-Rutty was so usefull too. Unfortunatly, the game dont have a lot of good regen. Defensivly its terrible. I was able to snag a lot of DP form canadian MLS team. I also manage to convince foreign player who was not too good ( because they want to quit to be in better league) and good enough to stay five years to represent Canada. There was not good defender and keeper so it was my first task to find them and keep them. Also, with time and patience, I was able to have a great youth development, I got one real gem who I was able to keep him for 6 years ( the last to years he was on loan form Benfica). Now in the national team, I got at least 8 players who were on my squad ( foreign player and my youth team), so it's a good sign for the future. The Wanderers and Pacific are the best two other team and are able to developp and sign good player too. The rest is meh. 

I also won the Gold Cup one time in 2037, was lucky enough to face Jamaica in semi so I just got one tough game ( It's ALWAYS Mexico-USA, Canada and Jamaica in semi, and Jamaica is not good enough. I saw one time a draw between Costa Rica and Mexico but otherwise it's always the same team. 

Fun fact in World Cup, in 2026, USA win in finals against Ivory Coast. Turkey won in 2030 against Italy.

cpl attendance.jpg

Well at least we won the Gold Cup lol

Thats one hell of a rise, ive never even managed to beat an MLS team