[FM23.4] Norwegian Lower Leagues - Done all the way down to 11th tier

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Berserker_ said:

hey man, glad you decide to make it again this year. On steam workshop there is also a file of you, is something a beta-lower divisions?

Yeah, uploaded by a mistake. It's not working yet...

2 minutes ago, Berserker_ said:

Norsk Tipping is playable?

Yeah, I just made it now. Added it to the original post, as well as the link to the steam version (and I HOPE I can manage to update the file this year to avoid having several ones on Stream...)

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I just made it now. Added it to the original post, as well as the link to the steam version (and I HOPE I can manage to update the file this year to avoid having several ones on Stream...)

Stunning! Your place to the Valhalla is granted.

hey, any guesses as to when the next few tiers (6th tier and lower) are going to be available/playable? Can we expect them in the next few days or will this take a few more weeks/months? Great work so far, keep it going!

4 hours ago, Nvfnoah14 said:

hey, any guesses as to when the next few tiers (6th tier and lower) are going to be available/playable? Can we expect them in the next few days or will this take a few more weeks/months? Great work so far, keep it going!

Can't say for sure. I'd rather take my time and do it right than rush out something half finished. So far I've created 4314 changes to the database, so it's not a small task to get all 109 divisions correct! I am done with one of big issues, which is creating all the divisions and groups, and I'm not in the process of filling them out with teams. Unfortunately, quite a number of the lower teams aren't in the database, so I have to create them individually, and to do that I have to google quite a bit to at least get the colours and ground correctly. I estimate I'm about half way done with that at the moment. After that it's the tampering with the league system and making sure promotion and relegation works for all divisions and groups. At that point I might put out some version by tier, but it's a hassle to get the regions working as best I can. When I created this for FM22 I struggled for a while to get them to stick to their region, but I learned some tricks then I hope I remember and can use now, so it won't take as much time.

And eventually it's a lot of testing and such to make sure none of the leagues crap themselves 10 years in because the 6 team Finnmark league suddenly get too few teams because all are promoted into higher tiers or similar. I have had that happen with files I've gotten from others before and it really pains after 10 seasons or more, so I'd really like to make sure that's very unlikely to happen.

31 minutes ago, XaW said:

I have a working 6th tier currently, but needs more test before I can release it.

image.thumb.png.1eb8c18f9a79aca01af6af0f706890a3.png

image.thumb.png.2d773c7ad7b84df40c45793562a6400a.png

image.png.d2ebf7ebd4357c3e2fde8118c87ebb24.png

oh wow, nice job! Can't wait for it to be ready! Btw, how do we get the logo's in the game? do you have some kind of (norwegian) logopack? If so, any chance you could link it at some point?

4 hours ago, Nvfnoah14 said:

oh wow, nice job! Can't wait for it to be ready! Btw, how do we get the logo's in the game? do you have some kind of (norwegian) logopack? If so, any chance you could link it at some point?

I downloaded one for FM18 or something and has just copied it forward every version, so I can't remember where I got it from... I can't really upload it anywhere either, since it's a total of 28 GB worth of files in there... shop around and somewhere might have some, for older versions of FM as well, since they work perfectly.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I downloaded one for FM18 or something and has just copied it forward every version, so I can't remember where I got it from... I can't really upload it anywhere either, since it's a total of 28 GB worth of files in there... shop around and somewhere might have some, for older versions of FM as well, since they work perfectly.

ah i see, thats allright! 

7 minutes ago, Kiuhek said:

This works correctly until the 6th division?

Thanks for the work!

Yeah, I hope so at least. Haven't spotted anything wrong in my tests yet.

Ok, had a long haul this morning, and I have gotten it stable all the way down to 11th tier. However, I need to test it before release.

image.png.7f5b9126f732083ac44198bdd7f4cf1a.png

7ac58Zv.png

TD6TG3M.png

Hopefully it wont crash in a long run, and if so, I'll release it.

1 minute ago, vicdai said:

how are you approaching the supporters' influence on the clubs' boards? does the game just default it to a certain level or are you doing research on that as well? :eek:

Nah, I can't do that for the hundreds of clubs I had to create to get this running. In the same way that I don't create players or staff. If I did I'd never get this released ever. For now, the clubs and leagues have been the priority.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Nah, I can't do that for the hundreds of clubs I had to create to get this running. In the same way that I don't create players or staff. If I did I'd never get this released ever. For now, the clubs and leagues have been the priority.

that's understandable! would be an insane amount of work. you're already a legend for putting down so much time into this, though.

It's looks good so far. I'm seeing some small issues with teams getting into wrong regions, but I have set the regional divisions correctly for all teams, so it could be balancing the groups for each tier, and if so, it's a bit out of my control.

Here for example Brønnøysund is set to stay in Nordland, but has ended up in the Oslo region for some reason...

image.thumb.png.450dc9ce64efaa733cbc43464c69c317.png

So a little more work and details need ironing out I think. Also need to find where on earth the Flexible Format Rules checkbox has gone!

Ok, I've decided to upload it as I can't seem to find out why some teams occationally swaps region. Hopefully it should not be a massive issue as it seems to only happens a few times.

• XaW changed the title to [FM23] Norwegian Lower Leagues - Done all the way down to 11th tier

I won Eliteserien with two different teams from the lowest league possible in FM22, with this database. I now have something to look forward to after finishing in Luxembourg!

Takk skal du ha, orker ikke tenke på hvor mange timer dette har tatt deg! :D

1 hour ago, Warg92 said:

I won Eliteserien with two different teams from the lowest league possible in FM22, with this database. I now have something to look forward to after finishing in Luxembourg!

Takk skal du ha, orker ikke tenke på hvor mange timer dette har tatt deg! :D

Glad to hear you enjoy it! :)

Bare hyggelig! Har tatt noen timer, og jeg håper jeg har laget den stabil! Si ifra om du finner noen bugs eller noe, i så fall skal jeg prøve å fikse det asap!

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Glad to hear you enjoy it! :)

Bare hyggelig! Har tatt noen timer, og jeg håper jeg har laget den stabil! Si ifra om du finner noen bugs eller noe, i så fall skal jeg prøve å fikse det asap!

Var aldri noe tull med den fra FM22 ihvertfall, det eneste var at lag noen ganger kommer inn i feil avdeling ved opprykk/nedrykk, men det vet du jo allerede om :) 

Blir å starte en Youth Only med databasen din om noen minutter, for Luxembourg sine regler i forhold til suspensjoner er helt vill:lol:

1 minute ago, Warg92 said:

Var aldri noe tull med den fra FM22 ihvertfall, det eneste var at lag noen ganger kommer inn i feil avdeling ved opprykk/nedrykk, men det vet du jo allerede om :) 

Blir å starte en Youth Only med databasen din om noen minutter, for Luxembourg sine regler i forhold til suspensjoner er helt vill:lol:

Godt å høre, er ikke lett å få alt 100%, men jeg prøver å få det korrekt på klubb og liga-nivå. De lagene som havner i feil adveling irriterer meg, men jeg har satt opp hvilken region ALLE lag i hele ligasystemet skal inn i ved opprykk/nedrykk, så da er det ikke stort mer jeg kan gjøre tror jeg.

Hvis du skal spille youth only, så hvorfor ikke bli med i tråden for det? Jeg skal begynne min save der snart med denne basen selv, så jo flere jo bedre!

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Godt å høre, er ikke lett å få alt 100%, men jeg prøver å få det korrekt på klubb og liga-nivå. De lagene som havner i feil adveling irriterer meg, men jeg har satt opp hvilken region ALLE lag i hele ligasystemet skal inn i ved opprykk/nedrykk, så da er det ikke stort mer jeg kan gjøre tror jeg.

Hvis du skal spille youth only, så hvorfor ikke bli med i tråden for det? Jeg skal begynne min save der snart med denne basen selv, så jo flere jo bedre!

Jeg følger med der, men poster ikke selv :)

Har som regel en tråd gående på Career Mode delen. Bryter litt med reglene som er satt på den Challenge siden, derfor holder jeg på med en egen :)

3 minutes ago, Warg92 said:

Jeg følger med der, men poster ikke selv :)

Har som regel en tråd gående på Career Mode delen. Bryter litt med reglene som er satt på den Challenge siden, derfor holder jeg på med en egen :)

Haha, skjønner! Tag meg eller noe når du begynner en ny en med denne databasen da, så skal jeg følge med (og forhåpentligvis ikke lese at du må avslutte fordi den krøller!).

30 minutes ago, XaW said:

Haha, skjønner! Tag meg eller noe når du begynner en ny en med denne databasen da, så skal jeg følge med (og forhåpentligvis ikke lese at du må avslutte fordi den krøller!).

Hvordan i alle dager tagger jeg? Uansett, den er oppe nå :)

2 minutes ago, Warg92 said:

Hvordan i alle dager tagger jeg? Uansett, den er oppe nå :)

@Warg92 - @ og skriv inn username uten mellomrom! Skal finne den uansett.

Haha, du har samme laget som jeg har akkurat starta med! :D 

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

@Warg92 - @ og skriv inn username uten mellomrom! Skal finne den uansett.

Haha, du har samme laget som jeg har akkurat starta med! :D 

Kanskje jeg skulle venta til du dro i veien din da! Men vi overlever begge to tenker jeg, haha :lol:

@XaWFantastisk bra jobba! Jeg spillte med databasen din i FM22, har gledet meg sånn til du kom i mål med årets utgave!
Nå kan jeg på ny ta Hana IL til toppen og videre til Europa.

Jeg driver å jobber litt med en database der jeg prøver å fjerne alle 2'r lag, B, lag. Jeg har litt OCD og klarer ikke historikken med spillere som hopper mellom A lag og B/2'r lag.
Har du noe erfaring med noe slikt ? Tenkte kanskje det var mulig å redigere litt på din database (for personlig bruk) og gjøre noe med de laveste divisjonene og få ut 2r,3r,4r lag.

ref 

4 minutes ago, Arnoldfredriksen said:

@XaWFantastisk bra jobba! Jeg spillte med databasen din i FM22, har gledet meg sånn til du kom i mål med årets utgave!
Nå kan jeg på ny ta Hana IL til toppen og videre til Europa.

Jeg driver å jobber litt med en database der jeg prøver å fjerne alle 2'r lag, B, lag. Jeg har litt OCD og klarer ikke historikken med spillere som hopper mellom A lag og B/2'r lag.
Har du noe erfaring med noe slikt ? Tenkte kanskje det var mulig å redigere litt på din database (for personlig bruk) og gjøre noe med de laveste divisjonene og få ut 2r,3r,4r lag.

ref 

Hei, 

Takk, bra du liker den! :)

Ja, det bør være mulig, men det er nok en ganske stor jobb. Du må da inn på alle lag som har 2./3. lag å fjerne alt herfra:

image.png.c36d5207f655d18a1096991f6ee8af08.png

Det eneste problemet er at en del av de ligaene nedover i systemet har en overvekt av reservelag. Dermed tipper jeg du ender opp med at noen divisjoner er tomme eller nesten tomme, og det tror jeg ikke FM takler. Så om du gjør det må du muligens også justere lag opp divisjoner for å fylle opp, og deretter slette de nederste nivåene som da blir tomme. Tipper det er eneste måten å få det til på, men det er nok en ganske langdrøy oppgave med en del fikling. Men om du vil bruke min fil, så gjerne det. Bare gi meg kreds  for fila (og link hit) om du laster den opp noe sted, så har ikke jeg noe å utsette på det.

@XaW legende, selvfølgelig!

All honnør og kreds til deg, skulle bare mangle 😀

Ja, det er ganske omfattende men det lar seg gjøre med litt tålmodighet, gevinsten er stor og OCD'n min ivaretatt 😅

Takk for gode tips!

Jeg tenker å redigere ligaene slik at det stemmer sånn noenlunde med regioner, bytte ut 2'r  lagene oppover divisjonene med lag under fra og så sløyfe noen av de nederste divisjonene. 

2 minutes ago, Arnoldfredriksen said:

@XaW legende, selvfølgelig!

All honnør og kreds til deg, skulle bare mangle 😀

Ja, det er ganske omfattende men det lar seg gjøre med litt tålmodighet, gevinsten er stor og OCD'n min ivaretatt 😅

Takk for gode tips!

Jeg tenker å redigere ligaene slik at det stemmer sånn noenlunde med regioner, bytte ut 2'r  lagene oppover divisjonene med lag under fra og så sløyfe noen av de nederste divisjonene. 

Takk! :)

Ja, det er det jeg tror er det beste å gjøre. Så får du se hva du evt kan fjerne av avdelinger eller hele divisjoner. Jeg mener å huske at ihvertfall en divisjon i Hordaland hadde KUN reservelag. Jeg har basert meg på tabellene på fotball.no og prøvd å tilpasse meg hva som er der. Jeg har ikke tatt med lag som ikke stilte til seriespill og endte med 0 kamper der inne. Det er jo en av de tingene som er umulig å replikere i FM, alle lag som meldes inn eller ut av seriespill i virkeligheten. Fullt kaos i amatørfotballen, vet du! :D 

@XaW 

Som ifjor,  så har du gjort en veldig bra stykke arbeid som mange setter stor pris på og gir masse glede. Når det gjelder det amatørmessig kaoset i breddefotballen, er ikke det halve morroa da ? 🤪

Hvis jeg får til å jobbe med databasen mellom jobb, kone og barn og får til noe brukende. Hører du fra meg 🤣

Takk igjen 😁

As soon as the pre-game editor came out I started looking for "fallen giants" around Europe for a youth save and Lyn TF was my immediate choice in Norway. Won the league twice and the cup 8 times and is now in the 4th tier. Just loaded them up on this database and found out they have a B, C and U19 teams, which is perfect for the save I wanted. Thank you for that ;)

These were my choices for other countries, by the way. MTK from Hungary is also really historic

image.thumb.png.ff383caf9c8e4f8536985d72a1df5c65.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who simulated this file a few years? I want to start with this awesome file tonight, but don't want my save to crash when i'm a few years further in-game.

Thanks already! :) 

Edited by Quickzz

1 hour ago, Quickzz said:

Anyone who simulated this file a few years? I want to start with this awesome file tonight, but don't want my save to crash when i'm a few years further in-game.

Thanks already! :) 

I did, and the only issue I see is that sometimes some teams end up in wrong regional divisions, and I haven't found a way to fix it.

Also, there is a thread here where it seems to be fine at least until 2040.

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

I did, and the only issue I see is that sometimes some teams end up in wrong regional divisions, and I haven't found a way to fix it.

Also, there is a thread here where it seems to be fine at least until 2040.

Ah okay! Regional division.. So probably when i start with Lyn 1896 FK in the 4th tier, there shouldn't be to many problems? :) 

Appriciate your work mate.

3 minutes ago, Quickzz said:

Ah okay! Regional division.. So probably when i start with Lyn 1896 FK in the 4th tier, there shouldn't be to many problems? :) 

Appriciate your work mate.

Yeah, the errors are that some teams that should be in for example Oslo end up in Akershus. If you are playing with Lyn, it should not impact you, but it could perhaps impact your 2nd and/or 3rd team. Not that it should matter much, except for realism.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, the errors are that some teams that should be in for example Oslo end up in Akershus. If you are playing with Lyn, it should not impact you, but it could perhaps impact your 2nd and/or 3rd team. Not that it should matter much, except for realism.

Okay, and what could happen for my 2nd or 3rd team, only that they are, for example, playing in Group 2 instead of group 4? So they have other opponents instead of real life fixtures?

For me the most important thing is that my 2nd/3rd team are playing matches. It doesn't matter for me that much which opponents they have :)

Edited by Quickzz

1 minute ago, Quickzz said:

Okay, and what could happen for my 2nd or 3rd team, only that they are, for example, playing in Group 2 instead of group 4? So they have other opponents instead of real life fixtures?

For me the most important thing is that my 2nd/3rd team are playing matches. It doesn't matter for me that much which opponents they have :)

Yeah, Lyn 2nd team start in 4. Div Oslo 2 (5th tier), so if something went wrong, they could be in 4. Div Akershus 1 instead, for example. The same for Lyn 3rd team that starts in 7. Div Oslo 2 (8th tier), so they could potentially end up in another 8th tier. Or rather, I think it mostly happens when teams are promoted or relegated. So if Lyn 3 had been promoted and then ended up in the 7th tier Akershus  instead of 7th tier Oslo.

So yes, they will face the wrong clubs, but they should always have divisions.