Will you guys be watching the World Cup? and if so how much?

thefmveteran86

World Cup watching   

93 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the World Cup? if so how much?

• All of it
    • Most of it
    • Some of it
    • None

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/11/22 at 00:00

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

On the plus side can enjoy the delights of Oxford v Exeter on the radio later, so it's not like I'm being starved of football action

Live FA Cup all afternoon on BBC1 too

Edited by SouthCoastRed

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Practically a week over and I've watched:

USA v Wales

Germany v Japan

Spain v Costa Rica

And 20-25 mins of Brazil v Serbia

Don't even feel like I'm missing out. Apathy levels are at max. 

Won't bother watching any of it going forward until the KOs, if i can be arsed. Not decided yet. 

Edited by JD nawrat

I have so far only missed the very early games (start at 07:00 here) and part of the second games of the day (start at 10:00 here).

Not a brilliant WC so far, but not really that much different from the previous ones.

Matches I have missed so far

Qatar vs Ecuador - Out on a walk

France vs Australia - Sleeping

Brazil vs Serbia - Sleeping

Uruguay vs South Korea - Wasn't interested

Netherlands vs Ecuador and England vs USA - travelling

All of todays - Can't be bothered 

The 10am and 1pm matches I will watch while working as it is easy background noise for me but 4pm and 7pm will be only if I am awake or interested

Only saw about the first half hour of France v Australia due to going to a comedy night and all of Belgium v Canada due to going for a meal.

Won't see Belgium v Morocco or a fair amount of Croatia v Canada tomorrow due to playing.

Wish I'd missed England v USA :D

I’ve seen as much as I can. It’s surprisingly hard to watch every game here though unless you’re really hardcore. Because there’s 4 games a day and the missus is vegetarian it’s really hard to find a spot where you can not only watch a game but also actually fit at least one meal in that you can eat. If you watch one of the 10pm games, either live at the stadium or at the fan zone, you’re not getting to bed before 2am. Which soon gets very draining.

I’ve watched the last 3 games today at a beach bar which is really cool but the only food they have is hot dogs and burgers off the BBQ so the missus hasn’t eaten since 1pm and it’s now 11 here. It’s a really frustrating set up here.

2 games a day. Anyone watching all four a day are bonkers. Or really, really love footbal and never get bored of it no matter what.

Although I only watched Poland Saudi Arabia today mind. Cant wait until it goes down to 3pm and 7pm kickoff times :thup:

52 minutes ago, av3ry said:

2 games a day. Anyone watching all four a day are bonkers. Or really, really love footbal and never get bored of it no matter what.

Although I only watched Poland Saudi Arabia today mind. Cant wait until it goes down to 3pm and 7pm kickoff times :thup:

Watch a lot of all 4 of the games. 

I've watched as much as I can so far - it helps when i'm wfh:).  I did miss the 6-2 vs Iran though - still think that score must be a mistake with a Southgate team;).  But i've really enjoyed it so far.  Iran vs Wales has been the highlight for me so far.  Sorry any Wales fans.  But they played with so much freedom I was cheering them at the end.  Just hope England can play like that soon:)

1 hour ago, sebsy said:

Still not watched a single game.

Zero appetite. May become interested from the knockouts, or even the last group games, but not feeling it whatsoever.

the overload of games makes me lose interest past tournaments in the latter stages, especially since the 32 teams setup

maybe you can take over where I leave it

Edited by buffalo

15 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

I have watch far more than I expected. There have been some horrid games, Qatar - Senegal probably the worst, some boring games England - USA perhaps the most disappointingly so, and some good games. 

England - USA was an entertaining 0-0

then again I'm no connaisseur

13 minutes ago, buffalo said:

England - USA was an entertaining 0-0

then again I'm no connaisseur

What. England played most of the game without any intent and USA were mostly happy to get a draw. Compared to the Ecudor - Netherlands game right before it where both teams were desperate to win for the whole game it was extremely disappointing.

1 minute ago, HopOnBaby said:

We're nearly there, lads - Monday is our final 10-1-4-7 day. From Tuesday on, it's 3pm and 7pm, so we can start to work/see people/live our lives again!

I am glad, I missed almost all early games.

I posted this in the otf qatar thread   

On 20/11/2022 at 13:06, Rafalution said:

I get this, I think a lot of people - myself included - are happy that its not all being swept under the rug and its not the case that no one is talking about, and so many people are either not watching or watching a reduced amount, that it takes the pressure off to make a stand. which maybe isn't at all the right way to think about things, but it is good that it feels like nearly everyone, at a minimum, is disgusted with it all. 

i feel it has aged poorly. leading up to it starting and the opening weekend criticism was everywhere, but all my normal football sites have pretty much entirely turned to coverage and discussion about the games - with the odd post/article about rainbow bands or hats and thats it. the news seems to have moved on entirely from any issues around the fan zones or the beer bans or anything like that. definitely know a few people with the same change in attitude as marius about it (not having a go at them or him, i understand - its a world cup, life is **** for a lot of people atm, why should they not enjoy it). 

After watching two a day through the week, I only watched two games this weekend. Poland vs Saudi Arabia and Spain vs Germany.

Tomorrow will probably be back to two games again with Brazil vs Switzerland and Portugal vs Uruguay.

It's not the best quality but nothing beats tournament football for me.

That doesn't mean I have enjoyed every minute of it :D But Japan Vs Germany, Saudi Arabia Vs Argentina and Iran Vs Wales have had me so emotionally involved just listening to the radio. Glad I booked all the afternoons off for the knockouts.

Another day gone and no matches watched.

I think I know the main reason too. 

I was excited when it started as it was a world cup, but then normally a world cup is filling a void during the summer when the football season is done.  But right now, for me as a fan of the lower end of football, the seasons still going and I am more invested into that than the World Cup. 

On 27/11/2022 at 15:34, sebsy said:

Still not watched a single game.

Zero appetite. May become interested from the knockouts, or even the last group games, but not feeling it whatsoever.

I'm the same not watched a single minute so far and though I can't wait for club football to start up again, I'm enjoying the break. I've just generally looked at the scores at the end of each day but that's it.

It is funny, I hope the Dutch team gets far enough to profit from more quiet supermarkets and roads during the matches, but I am not going to support them at all.

Teamday at work which conveniently was planned 100 miles away while I am still limited in my travelling due to health issues. Nice one colleagues! But it did mean I didn't have to watch/suffer Netherlands - Qatar as the rest of the team did :D

I've watched parts of a few games on my iptv firestick thingy, so I don't think that counts as a view? If i'm wrong, then i'll probably stop :( It's difficult because I love World Cups, so if I am wrong then I'm happy to be told after the final ;) 

Tough discussion at the family household. Saturday is USA - The Netherlands, but it is also Sinterklaas (the Dutch predecessor which became Santa Claus). Brother in law really wants to see the game, rest not so much. So we are discussing starting Sinterklaas later or sending B-I-L upstairs and look him up in the bedroom.

Either way I would like the Dutch to win as their games make for perfect travelling and grocery shopping time. In the summer it would also be a good moment for walk outside.

I barely watched any of the group stage outside of Wales games. I didn't really watch much at all of the last 16. Really didn't feel engaged or even wanting to engage.

But I'll admit that changed a lot with the quarter finals. It probably started towards the end of the knockouts in all honesty, but it did take a bit of time.

My work schedule allowed me to watch most of the KOs, so i did. Think the only ones i didn't bother with were France/Poland, Croatia/Japan and England/Senegal. 

I'll probably watch the two SFs, but I'm not going to be able to watch the final so I'm a bit gutted tbh.