*Official* Football Manager 2023 Mobile Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm testing a tweak where they'll stay a little narrowed when you have the ball and then make runs more frequently .. bear with me, I will admit that the aim is NOT to make them over-powered so if your tactic was over-reliant on them in the last few versions you might never be happy with the tweaks ;)

Ok I'll see if I can reproduce that - that isn't something I've heard of happening before.

If you can't send via. this then PM me and I'll figure out another way to recieve your save.

Nah, don't over power them! Just make them cut inside, dribble, shoot, pass, run into opp defense and loose the ball. :D

I was/am mostly relying on my striker partnership (DLF and AF/poacher), tactic is balanced in general, not looking to exploit anything, but to play the way I would want my team to play if I was the one in charge IRL, which I'm not! :D

I've PM'd you.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded this weekend. Having a blast through with Rangers just to get a feel for things.

The licenses do add something,  I like the overall presentation of the game and UI generally and think it's a step up.

Team talks a plus for me. Also particularly enjoy the board confidence and how its now broken down with detail to each.

It feels like there is another layer of depth across the whole thing that I can tap into if I wish, but still wizz through a season if I want.

International football seems a bit off, world cup,  no neymar, no Messi, no Ronaldo. That is an immersion breaker for international football.

I'd also like a teamtalk option at the start of extra time. You often see them out on the pitch  Alf Ramseys "you've beaten them once"

I think I'll see more positive and negative when I start a proper career.

However my gut instinct is a bigger step forward then I thought it was going to to be.

I'm not one for goal challenges or ME breaking tactics so I still find the difficulty spot on.

Firstly want to say that I LOVE the developmental hub. Such a huge forward step!

One thing I would love (perhaps for next version) is for the On Loan players in your squad, where they are given Loan Ratings (A,B,C,D,E) etc - it would be amazing to tap those ratings and find out exactly why they are being given - I mean, some are obvious like having a low score and not being played or not having good form etc. But it would be great to find out at a glance without having to go through each player. Even a pop up which says like "Player is currently rated B for their loan to <insert club here>. They are currently in good form having scored x in y games" or something like that.

Hi, 
Can't you do Germany like a "fake" nation changing their name and add new players to that nation? For example making them called Prussia or something else and the new players born in Germany called that fake nation. Would be a better solution i think, especially since you can change the name with the editor. 

Speaking of the editor, it would be nice to change manager stats so we can change them to be better etc. 

A little thing is also changing the badge of clubs with the editor, colors can be changed but not the badges of the non-licensed teams. 

Change players traits, if they are professional, steady etc. 

A list of what every trait is, what exactly are un-professional, professional, steady, loyal, poor judgement etc. 

Thanks 

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, GoldenPenguin said:

A list of what every trait is, what exactly are un-professional, professional, steady, loyal, poor judgement etc. 

If you click on the player personalities then a dialog will appear explaining what they mean.

Love the Champions League and Europa League theme. Hypes me up!

During the matches, if there is one or more goals/injuries/red cards, the minute it occurs will be correctly displayed on the Overview screen, but on the Latest Scores screen it will always be one minute up.

For example, my players scores in 19th minute (correct), it will be shown like that in the Overview screen, but in the Latest Scores screen it will say 20th minute. That's been the case in all the mobile version since FMM 2015 (the version I started to play mobile version). Why is that the case?

Also, something that really annoys me is the fact that when I sign a player, (mostly) he immediately has one or more attributes downgraded. This is also the case in the past versions. Signed Osimhen (Finishing dropped from 18 to 17), signed Toney (Finishing dropped from 19 to 18), signed Calver-Lewin (Finishing dropped from 17 to 16). I have an Attacking coach with Gold badge, Natural apptidute and five-star ability. After that they need at least half a season to get their attribute(s) back. And that never happens to AI when they sign a player.

IF's definitely need tweaking. Everything I've written before still stands as I've played few more seasons. They can't get into double figures.

Still don't love the fact that when my player is transfer listed, the AI is offering me ridicilously low amounts of money, while when they're selling transfer listed player, they're always asking more than the player's worth. Same goes for unlisted players.

I've also noticed many postiive things as well. Loving the game so far!

Edited by Fabio MVP

On 25/11/2022 at 17:51, BristolCity1992 said:

Any tips on tactics. I've had limited success with a counter attack in Scots division 3. Played 5 games with Palace and I've lost 4 games 3-0 haha. Not playing attacking and against teams around us. I got sacked in 3 other games too.

I'm using 4-4-2 diamond and it's working fine for me... Two inverted wing_back,one ball playing def, a central def, a deep lying playmaker, an advance playmaker, a central mid. At the top of the diamond, an advance playmaker, a target man and a poacher. Am tearing the Netherlands league with my ajax team.

• SI Staff
On 25/11/2022 at 11:51, BristolCity1992 said:

Any tips on tactics. I've had limited success with a counter attack in Scots division 3. Played 5 games with Palace and I've lost 4 games 3-0 haha. Not playing attacking and against teams around us. I got sacked in 3 other games too.

If you're playing in the lower leagues then I'd suggest keeping tactics relatively simple and going with high physical stat players, just run the opposition into the floor and hit them with set-pieces.

On 27/11/2022 at 14:20, Marc Vaughan said:

If you're playing in the lower leagues then I'd suggest keeping tactics relatively simple and going with high physical stat players, just run the opposition into the floor and hit them with set-pieces.

Cheers! I think I needed to get the roles set right too for a better balance of play. Will definitely try in the lower leagues again. 

I have started a game with Milan as the game selected them randomly and had a bit more success. Whilst that's expected due to them being one of the best teams, it's giving me some breathing room and is still challenging. 

Edited by BristolCity1992

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Shile said:

Can i play FM 2023 Mobile offline in my android device? 

You should be able to yes - if you have any issues let me know.

Disclaimer - make sure you've started it at least once while connected so you download any data required by the game before you are offline (ie. player pics etc.).

Hi Everyone, i have a question regarding to my fm 23 mobile apps

I already bought fm 23 mobile on my android but why the team talk feature was not exist on that app, is that a bug or there was something else ? and also the match time wasn't appear too,  it is really annoying cause i can't knew how long has the match been ruining. Can anyone assist me in resolving this issue? thankss

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 09.18.53.jpg

fm photo.jpg

5 minutes ago, Saunders123 said:

Hi Everyone, i have a question regarding to my fm 23 mobile apps

I already bought fm 23 mobile on my android but why the team talk feature was not exist on that app, is that a bug or there was something else ? and also the match time wasn't appear too,  it is really annoying cause i can't knew how long has the match been ruining. Can anyone assist me in resolving this issue? thankss

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 09.18.53.jpg

fm photo.jpg

It looks like you're playing with the original match engine (OME) and I suspect that the team talk is a feature of the Enhanced Match Engine (EME). 

When you first installed and open the game, it detects the specifications of your device and sets the engine. If you have a very old device, it may recommend your device cannot cope with EME. But you should be able to change it in your settings before you open a save. 

2 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

It looks like you're playing with the original match engine (OME) and I suspect that the team talk is a feature of the Enhanced Match Engine (EME). 

When you first installed and open the game, it detects the specifications of your device and sets the engine. If you have a very old device, it may recommend your device cannot cope with EME. But you should be able to change it in your settings before you open a save. 

Thank you for your answer mate, i already change the engine to enhanced, but there isn't change inside the game, the team talk still not appear up, maybe my device only works up to fm mobile 22, but for fm mobile 23, it doesn't work anymore, thanks for the answer mate

If there is an update in the future, is there still a chance that my device can got this feature ?

6 hours ago, Saunders123 said:

Thank you for your answer mate, i already change the engine to enhanced, but there isn't change inside the game, the team talk still not appear up, maybe my device only works up to fm mobile 22, but for fm mobile 23, it doesn't work anymore, thanks for the answer mate

If there is an update in the future, is there still a chance that my device can got this feature ?

I think you'll need to start a new game with the new match engine. I'm not sure because I've never used OME, but I'd imagine it's necessary.

11 hours ago, Saunders123 said:

Changing your game to Enhanced Match Engine wont change the engine in your existing saves, it will only cause any new saves you create to use the Enhanced Match Engine

On 17/11/2022 at 21:18, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm testing a tweak where they'll stay a little narrowed when you have the ball and then make runs more frequently

Hi @Marc Vaughan - any guidance on when this tweak will be released please?

Why? As I’ve got a hotly requested “Guide to IFs, IWs, Wingers”” half written up for Vibe (with in-game screenshots, Gifs, etc) … but may be better to re-write it if the tweak will be released before / by the xmas holidays … 

No rush - but any guidance would be helpful for the community :-) thanks.

Edited by Daniel.M

I love the new development hub, such a great idea and implementation! My biggest demotivator in this game from previous version however remains - whenever I play with a lower league team it takes several promotions before a junior affiliate can be found and more often than not it’s impossible to get loan offers for really talented youngsters. It really makes player development more frustrating than it ought to be.

Enable non-league affiliates and tweak the AI loan offer algorithms please!

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Shanamaj said:

I love the new development hub, such a great idea and implementation! My biggest demotivator in this game from previous version however remains - whenever I play with a lower league team it takes several promotions before a junior affiliate can be found and more often than not it’s impossible to get loan offers for really talented youngsters. It really makes player development more frustrating than it ought to be.

Enable non-league affiliates and tweak the AI loan offer algorithms please!

Got a tweak which will go in for the next update (post-xmas) that will allow players lower in the inactive pyramid to be more proactive for loan offers that might make you feel happier in this regard.

(with regards to junior affiliates - I'm not certain that semi-pro clubs generally have many irl so I'm not planning on changing that in itself at present - but if lots of people want it, or people can prove they do exist I'm open to adjusting this also)

22 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Got a tweak which will go in for the next update (post-xmas) that will allow players lower in the inactive pyramid to be more proactive for loan offers that might make you feel happier in this regard.

(with regards to junior affiliates - I'm not certain that semi-pro clubs generally have many irl so I'm not planning on changing that in itself at present - but if lots of people want it, or people can prove they do exist I'm open to adjusting this also)

If loaning out players is made easier that would definitely help. But the junior affiliate part is really frustrating when the board approves and consistently fails to find any, even after having went from fourth to second division in a country like Denmark or from VNN to League Two in England. I’m not sure about the realism part in other countries but at least in Sweden there are a lot of such collaborations even below top division, perhaps not very formalized though. If a feature was added where the junior affiliate could reject loan offers perhaps it would be more realistic, then there would be absolutely no downsides for them.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Navelgazer said:

Wonder if the number of loans needs looking at, lots of teams in National League have around 20 or so on loan at one time. 

I'll take a look - that definitely shouldn't be happening.

• SI Staff
13 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Yeah it actually puts me off moving clubs. I'm assuming they can't play them all in a match. 

Just to mention I've a prototype fix for this in now here, it'll need have QA-testing and won't be in an update until after Xmas (sorry for the delay but these things take time and the 'stores' processing for releases slows down during this period of the year) - thanks to all for reporting the issue, if we don't know they exist they're far harder to fix ;) 

On 15/12/2022 at 12:08, Marc Vaughan said:

Just to mention I've a prototype fix for this in now here, it'll need have QA-testing and won't be in an update until after Xmas (sorry for the delay but these things take time and the 'stores' processing for releases slows down during this period of the year) - thanks to all for reporting the issue, if we don't know they exist they're far harder to fix ;) 

Nice one Marc. 

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Kuzma23 said:

Hi, why am I unable to pick Slovenia for career mode, yet they appear in all international competitions?

There needs to be a certain number of players in your database on a save for them to manageable. Its something like 60 iirc. It might be you'll need to change which leagues are loaded at the game start to achieve the 60, or it may just not be possible.

14 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

There needs to be a certain number of players in your database on a save for them to manageable. Its something like 60 iirc. It might be you'll need to change which leagues are loaded at the game start to achieve the 60, or it may just not

Tried different leagues but didnt work

19 hours ago, Kuzma23 said:

Tried different leagues but didnt work

It may just be there aren't enough Slovenians to manage the nation. Try using the player search with 'interested only' unticked and filter by Slovenian nationality. How many players come up?

On 03/01/2023 at 13:22, SSolas said:

Good Afternoon & Happy New Year.

Hope you had a good one.

My question was in relation to the next update for the game.

Is there a rough ETA on when this will be available?

Ta

Any update on this please?

• SI Staff
41 minutes ago, playerone said:

Hi Marc, do you have any updates on this? Currently in 2025 on my save but having mostly regen faces now is putting me off continuing 😔

Should still be present - you have to enable it in the starting configuration section of the preferences - which is only available BEFORE you load a save game which might be why you didn't find it?
image.thumb.png.3e3c89fd562f6a2ee9e5a11b1572a6db.png