*Official* Football Manager 2023 Mobile Feedback Thread

Football Manager 2023 is OUT NOW! We're all super excited at SI Towers and hope you feel the same way too.

This thread is for a place for us to collate your feedback for Football Manager 2023 Mobile on iOS & Android. This thread will be read by lots of different members of the SI team. We may reply in some instances, as will the forum mods - but can't reply to everything.

The Bug Tracker is the place for any issues you find with the game. 

For any troubleshooting say for crashes or being unable to launch, read our FAQ's (iOS / Android).

We're looking for feedback across all areas of the game, but we're especially looking for feedback on our new features including the brand new development hub.

What we try to ask every year is we please if you’re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. That doesn't mean you can only be positive, but if you are going to be critical, at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect everyone to agree but please take the time to read posts and respect their position. Even if they're wrong. Like REALLY wrong. 
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Now please go away and start your first saves! We're excited to hear your feedback and most importantly, we're excited to see how you get on within your saves.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am enjoying the game! New features are great. The team talks, development hub, the conference league added, nice to see that the game has now the Dutch language as well.

thanks for this years FMM! Loving it! 

EDIT: during the World Cup 2022 my national squad players are still available for friendly games.

Edited by Plinius
I just noticed the reason for the edit in my game

Just a quick one on on the asthetics. I am very much enjoying the new look, I personally think that it is the best looking version of Handheld/Mobile. it looks more vibrant and engaging, while the subtle colours of your chosen team are throughout most of the menu options. Whoever was in charge of the skin should get a pat on the back!

Really enjoying the game this year

Couple of questions.. 

The star rating for the coach, what does this refer to? I have a silver coach at 3* and a bronze coach at 5*. 

How long has the player description been clickable?! That makes it much easier to understand player personality. 

When accepting a loan offer, would it be possible to have a warning note if the player is currently being mentored? It's annoying to find that a successful mentoring relationship is broken and you've lost the chance to develop a young player. 

Cheers! 

34 minutes ago, Neb said:

The star rating for the coach, what does this refer to? I have a silver coach at 3* and a bronze coach at 5*.

Yeah, would love some more clarity around the affect of the rating vs the affect of the badge. 

35 minutes ago, Neb said:

How long has the player description been clickable?! That makes it much easier to understand player personality.

What the ... Wow, that's a great addition, didn't even notice that, thanks for finding it!

36 minutes ago, Neb said:

When accepting a loan offer, would it be possible to have a warning note if the player is currently being mentored?

+1000!

Inside Forwards does not locate next to the striker and dont run into box(rarely behind the back). And at Napoli, in my first season i won champions league ( against man city %60 possession) i think we immediately need a balance development

Few words about UI. It would be nice to keep consistency in spelling. Players names, match stats and all other sections during match are all in capital letters. It's more readable and looks better, when only first letters are big, like everywhere else in the game.

58C07584-0479-4F22-A8A2-2A235B408F29.png

B35AA012-B391-4138-A46B-C899C69A7A13.png

Edited by Sauna

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, drive.tima said:

Why can't I download the image file? Writes that a server error. I will clarify that I have enough memory 30GB

Can I just check that you're logged into the relevant store on your device and have decent service (ie. WiFI or a good mobile connection) ? ... this is likely something network related rather than the storage on your device (its a fairly large download).

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, e-gised said:

how can i put young players i bought into the reserves squad? i cant find any option whatsoever.. only option i have is to just let them "sit" in my a-squad, or loan them out.

Their action menu should have a 'move to reserves' option - if its not present then you may already have a full reserve team (maximum of 40 players in either of your squads).

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Their action menu should have a 'move to reserves' option - if its not present then you may already have a full reserve team (maximum of 40 players in either of your squads).

worked like a charm !

Inside forwards behave unrealistically tbh, while in previous years they sure were too narrow to the point they would collide with the striker this year they are far too wide, they do not make runs in to the box and since they are so wide wing backs have trouble overlapping as they collide, wingers seem more offensive then IFs this year

DM still get relatively poor ratings(5,6) despite their performance(been that way for years)

AI matches have far too many injuries(also been there for years)..I am talking about one injury per match which is even more unrealistic when you take into account number of injuries that occur during matches we manage(both us as players and AI we are facing) which is significantly more balanced

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Amigooo said:

Inside forwards behave unrealistically tbh, while in previous years they sure were too narrow to the point they would collide with the striker this year they are far too wide, they do not make runs in to the box and since they are so wide wing backs have trouble overlapping as they collide, wingers seem more offensive then IFs this year

DM still get relatively poor ratings(5,6) despite their performance(been that way for years)

AI matches have far too many injuries(also been there for years)..I am talking about one injury per match which is even more unrealistic when you take into account number of injuries that occur during matches we manage(both us as players and AI we are facing) which is significantly more balanced

Thanks for the feedback and how detailed it is - I'll see what I can do to further tweak things.

It’s a request, more than feedback: any chance of adding “abolish work permits” as a purchasable unlockable? 

Other than that, no issues, still trying to get my head around how best to use team talks, but love having the option! Would be great if you had some tips?

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for the feedback and how detailed it is - I'll see what I can do to further tweak things.

I am sorry if it looks like I am bashing the game, it is not my intention, I just singled out what I encountered that I believe could be better, other aspects are all good especially UI, clean and smooth

Thanks

• SI Staff
55 minutes ago, owl2 said:

It’s a request, more than feedback: any chance of adding “abolish work permits” as a purchasable unlockable? 

Other than that, no issues, still trying to get my head around how best to use team talks, but love having the option! Would be great if you had some tips?

It's available as a playable unlockable - tbh we don't have it as a purchasable because I didn't feel it was really good value for money for users.

With teamtalks generally speaking do what you think would make sense in real-life and bear in mind your teams character when you talk to them ... for instance if you've a lot of insecure people then shouting at them may well go badly, if they've got more robust personalities (ie. driven, determined) then you will find that a more demanding approach will get better results etc.

Combine this with the  match context/situation - if you're on a 5 match winning streak and have been demanding wins continually then the squad might get bored with that approach or worse still feel that you're just telling them what they already know ... so moderate things accordingly and when in doubt just do 'normal/balanced' this behaves the same as the game did last year and gives a balanced teamtalk where (in the main) the pre-match moods will translate straight across into the match.

I'm presuming everyone has noticed if you click on the moods/player profiles during teamtalks you can see the effect that has occurred and what has changed - ie. it'll show the attributes that have risen or dropped slightly.

PS - One of my favorite things is if you have a somewhat aggressive player then winding him up by being demanding/critical can make him angry ... this can get him sent off, but also is fun if the opposition have a cowardly player up against him :D

• SI Staff
Just now, Amigooo said:

I am sorry if it looks like I am bashing the game, it is not my intention, I just singled out what I encountered that I believe could be better, other aspects are all good especially UI, clean and smooth

Not a problem at all - I didn't take it that way at all, and honestly really appreciate constructive feedback that helps us continue to improve the product :D

Looking good so far! Well done SI. 

One observation is that the league and club logos are very pixelated when using on an iPad (I know it's predominantly designed for phones) but would it be possible to use higher resolution images? 

10 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm presuming everyone has noticed if you click on the moods/player profiles during teamtalks you can see the effect that has occurred and what has changed - ie. it'll show the attributes that have risen or dropped slightly.

I was just sharing this on Vibe, so will drop it here too so people can see what you mean. BTW, I love this and all the little touches this year, feels like there is so much to be happy with this year:

image.png.5a9d651454db9865137dee501eb5457b.png

Who knew that being over-confident could lead to positive side effects, like getting more creative? I certainly didn't, but now I do, thanks to this! 

I also love the extra information from pressing a player's personality, ie:

image.png.b5579f865ff1b65a83e609c1779e4321.png

Great work SI!

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

Great work SI!

Thanks - one of the things I'm continually trying to do is make sure that people are 'informed' so they can make the best decisions possible and not be 'surprised' when something happens :D

(we're not where I want to be in this regard yet, it'll probably always be a work in progress)

PS - When someone is 'over-confident' they'll try more things, hence the increased creativity .. thus you'll see more ambitious passes, dribbling, shots etc. from them ... sadly it doesn't mean that those attempts will always come off ... increased creativity in central defenders can lead to somewhat embarrassing mistakes, but an over-confident attacking player is less risky ;) 

Really enjoying the new version, the new features such as team talks make it a much more enjoyable experience. Also think the games look is the best it’s been for a while! 

Only negative so far for me is international football, really enjoy playing as a nation along side a club and I think two small changes could make it a much more enjoyable experience. 

Firstly the ability to remove injured players and call up fit players like you would in real life. After selecting your squad you’re almost guaranteed to pick an injury up and this is worse when you get to a tournament, between injury’s and suspensions you hardly have a team to select from in the latter stages. 
Also the squad numbers, the number of players has increased to 26 for the World Cup and the last euros but is still 23 in the game, would be great to be able to pick more again for friendlies and qualifiers. 

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, XJ6 said:

Injury lengths are excessive. 2 months for groin strains and twisted ankles are excessive.

An injury that length for those injuries is right at the maximum possible - what Physios do you have at the club as a rehab physio will help ensure that you get fewer 'max' length injuries even for injury prone players.

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

An injury that length for those injuries is right at the maximum possible - what Physios do you have at the club as a rehab physio will help ensure that you get fewer 'max' length injuries even for injury prone players.

2 gold rehabilitation physios and 1 gold prevention.

Is it just a problem with the notification as in the medical centre the latest injury is only out a month, but the report said 2 months?

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, XJ6 said:

Is it just a problem with the notification as in the medical centre the latest injury is only out a month, but the report said 2 months?

That sounds like a potential issue - would you mind forwarding me the save so I can check?

Has anyone else found being unemployed at the start of the game harder? I've run through 7-10 starts with different leagues, but jobs opening up are much rarer in this version. Like, there is 1-2 Premiere League jobs open in the first year in about 2/3 of my tries (the other 1/3 being none, or 1 at the end of the season). This seems not only unlike the actual league, where there is a lot of turnover, but also a lot less fun!

I've only played through about half a season so far, started as Manchester City just to get a feel for what's new. 

Good stuff.... I have no complaints about what has been added, team talks are a welcome addition, that said... I do find the outcomes of the team talks a little baffling at times, more on that below. I like the development hub and the way youth intakes are handled. The match day screens and presentation is great, I love that the Champion's League match days look different. In general the UI feels and looks great. I have seen a nice variety of goals in the 25 or so games that I have played. No complaints about the way my IFs are playing... Grealish offers very little in terms of goals and assists, but he draws a lot of fouls 😉

Not so good stuff - team talks... I'm managing City, we've played 15 in the league, we're top of the table and flying, won 13, drawn 1, lost 1. Pre match team talk in our home game against a struggling Southampton, I go with the demanding option... Kyle Walker and KDB had a meltdown and reacted negatively... both worried/nervous/not confident. We won the game but KDB put in his worst performance of the season. It seems a little odd, I could understand the trepidation a little had we been up against Liverpool or Real Madrid, but when at home to Southampton during a great run of form? 

International football is still a car crash, I try to avoid looking at it. I just watched the World Cup play out, no Messi in the Argentina squad despite being in decent form and fully fit, his place seemed to go to uncapped Neal Maupay of Everton. Belgium had a greyed out left back and fourth choice goalkeeper in their squad, despite there being plenty of real players to choose from. Some teams had 30 man squads, others 23. I definitely feel like international management needs a little love. 

I'd still like a little more depth to transfer negotiations, installments, the option to offer more than one player in p/ex. Would be cool if AI managers offered p/ex deals. Unloading deadwood and putting together sizeable transfer war chests is still too easy. 

I'm looking forward to seeing if AI squad building and management has improved, I have a list as long as my arm of things that I saw in FMM22 that annoyed me when it came to AI managers signing players and managing their squads. If this is even 20% better in this version I'll be a happy man. I'll reserve judgement on this until I'm a few seasons in to my first 'proper' save. 

Overall.... It's a thumbs up from me. The mobile game suits me perfectly, I buy the game on PC but it's a struggle for me to play through more than a handful of seasons, the PC game has evolved into something I sadly don't really have time for. The mobile version just fits in with my work and home life perfectly. The additions and polish that the game received this year are fantastic... now I just need to decide which lower league team to start my first proper save with. Thank you to the devs, keep up the good work, you are appreciated. 👍

2 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

One thing I'd love is a filter for the squad scene. I find it so hard to sort out the squad without a position filter. 

Started a game in Germany with 1860.

Yeah, I'd love a position filter for the squad too, to help me work out who'd going to play etc. Ie show me all the left footed left wingers in the first team squad. You can sort of get that view in one of the team report screens, but it's not flexibly enough, no way to sort feet, etc.

1 bit of feedback, same problem last few years, I normally play with commentary only & fastest highlights & deadtime speed, but like to watch the goal replays at slowest (as close to real time speed).. but this doesn’t work, I have to slow down the highlight speed to about 75% so that the replays slow down further. I suspect at the fastest highlight speed, it’s just too fast for the replay to play slow. Hope that makes sense?

10 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

One thing I'd love is a filter for the squad scene. I find it so hard to sort out the squad without a position filter. 

Started a game in Germany with 1860.

Good shout. I've asked for this on and off for a while, but no luck. Pretty sure there was a squad position filter years ago but when the UI got overhauled it was removed. I'd find it extremely useful especially when starting with a new team where you don't really know the players. 

Edited by passenger58

2 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Good shout. I've asked for this on and off for a while, but no luck. Pretty sure there was a squad position filter years ago but when the UI got overhauled it was removed. I'd find it extremely useful especially when starting with a new team where you don't really know the players. 

Yeah, I'd use it when joining a club and then again at the start of every new season when working out who stays, who goes, who goes on loan etc. 

Actually I'd love a tagging system (so I could group players I want to move on, want to develop, want in the first team squad, etc) or a notes system (so I could make individual notes like "loan out and see how he develops"). But you know, I can live without those, but position filter for the squad would be mega-helpful.

Hello 👋 loving the game this year, especially the live draws for the UCL.

Last year the option to remove regen player faces was added in an update - are you able to add this in again please? I know some players like them but for me personally it does ruin the immersion a little bit and I much prefer the blank silhouettes. It might be partially an OCD thing but it can stop me playing more than a couple of seasons because I find it so distracting sorry!

Thanks!

• SI Staff
41 minutes ago, playerone said:

Last year the option to remove regen player faces was added in an update - are you able to add this in again please? I know some players like them but for me personally it does ruin the immersion a little bit and I much prefer the blank silhouettes. It might be partially an OCD thing but it can stop me playing more than a couple of seasons because I find it so distracting sorry!

Thanks for mentioning this - I've made a note.

Not sure if its a bug or not but rep issue might be here again..few years back it was present when only wins counted for it but then it got a good update where even cl final against the odds would land you reputation without neccessarily winning the comp

This year again after 2 leagues and 2 supercups only national rep? Feels worth it of continental to me

IMG_20221115_160313.jpg

30 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Potential bug I've noticed with team talks. Sometimes a player is unhappy and when you click for more information it says he thinks he should have started the match, even though he did.

It'll help the devs if you report this is as a bug here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-mobile-bugs-tracker

I think they'll find a save file from before this happened useful to look at.

• SI Staff
51 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

LOVE this years edition but
FA Cup quarter final VS Man City and all of these guys on international duty?! Wish me luck 😂

Don't suppose you have. a save game from say a week before that match do you? - as I'd like to take a look and fix this if possible

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Don't suppose you have. a save game from say a week before that match do you? - as I'd like to take a look and fix this if possible

i have one from 3 days before the game that i'll attach. strange thing is is after the game finished (i lost 1-0), all my players had returned? so assuming it was a travelling thing? if it helps the date in game was 26th March 2025

wont let me attach as larger than the maximum file size of 9.77mb so uploaded to mediafire:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qlnv6to7uewq9k4/fm_save1.fms/file

Edited by PAFC_Dugout

On 09/11/2022 at 14:44, Amigooo said:

I'll second this!

That's the first thing I've noticed in this version's ME (I'm using the Enhanced ME version). Playing 4-4-2 (the old school way! Not jumping on a 4-5-1 bandwagon ;)) with AMR and AML. My IF's are clueless. They are doing everything, but what they should be doing. They are drifting wide without ball, running towards the corner flag with the ball, etc... More of a Winger's behaviour rather than IF's.

In past version it was annoying that they were colliding with striker(s), but at least they were effective (scoring and assisting). In this version in 10 games or so, their ratings are poor because they don't contribute in G/A. Tweaking this would be much appreciated because a lot of us are relying on our IF's.

As always, there are few other minor bugs. Nothing major, nothing game brekaing. There is one though that is pain in the back! :mad::D

I have created and saved three tactics called: Standard, Attacking and Defending. I'm always starting with the Standard one and then during the match (if needed) switching between the other two accordingly.

In my Standard tactic, DR and DL have Full Back roles, while in Attacking one, they have Wing Back roles.

Here's what happens:

I'm starting the match with the Standard one as I always do. Let's say I change to Attacking one in the second half and the match finishes with me using the Attacking one. Upon returning to the main screen (my news items) and then selecting the Tactics - Formation tab, I will see that my DR and DL have kep their Attacking (tactic) roles (which is Wing Back), instead of just returning to the Standard tactic that I have selected before clicking Go To Match.

It's also worth to say that the Shape, Attack and Defense instructions haven't been "copied" form Attacking to Standard, unlike the roles.

So it's rather really annoying and time consuming to go to Tactics - Formation tab after every single match or before every single match and load Standard tactic, so I can start correctly with my default tactic.

I've also tried the Report Bug in Settings, but it won't upload the save game even though I'm connected to Wi-Fi and have mobile data (LTE) turned on.

I would really appreciate fixing this in yout next upade as it would mean a lot to me! If you need any more help/explaining with this, I'm at your service.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the game. I've shifted from PC to mobile version in 2015 and every year it's getting better and better. IMHO I can say that this is the best version so far! Loving the addition of team talks! Oh how I've missed them in the past versions!

Appreciate what you guys have been doing for us! Cheers!

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Fabio MVP said:

That's the first thing I've noticed in this version's ME (I'm using the Enhanced ME version). Playing 4-4-2 (the old school way! Not jumping on a 4-5-1 bandwagon ;)) with AMR and AML. My IF's are clueless. They are doing everything, but what they should be doing. They are drifting wide without ball, running towards the corner flag with the ball, etc... More of a Winger's behaviour rather than IF's.
In past version it was annoying that they were colliding with striker(s), but at least they were effective (scoring and assisting). In this version in 10 games or so, their ratings are poor because they don't contribute in G/A. Tweaking this would be much appreciated because a lot of us are relying on our IF's.

I'm testing a tweak where they'll stay a little narrowed when you have the ball and then make runs more frequently .. bear with me, I will admit that the aim is NOT to make them over-powered so if your tactic was over-reliant on them in the last few versions you might never be happy with the tweaks ;)

In my Standard tactic, DR and DL have Full Back roles, while in Attacking one, they have Wing Back roles.
I'm starting the match with the Standard one as I always do. Let's say I change to Attacking one in the second half and the match finishes with me using the Attacking one. Upon returning to the main screen (my news items) and then selecting the Tactics - Formation tab, I will see that my DR and DL have kep their Attacking (tactic) roles (which is Wing Back), instead of just returning to the Standard tactic that I have selected before clicking Go To Match.

Ok I'll see if I can reproduce that - that isn't something I've heard of happening before.

I've also tried the Report Bug in Settings, but it won't upload the save game even though I'm connected to Wi-Fi and have mobile data (LTE) turned on.

If you can't send via. this then PM me and I'll figure out another way to recieve your save.