*Official* Football Manager 2023 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, Ricobran said:

There is no post-match analytical data. FM21 Touch had the same issue and was never fixed. Please sort it SI. 

Hi @Ricobran, do you mean no post match analytical data in the data hub? Or elsewhere? I am happy to look into this for you if you could provide some more information :) If you could log in the bug tracker, that would be helpful too https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-touch-bugs-tracker/921_gameplay-issues/

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Luke Couchman said:

Hi @Ricobran, do you mean no post match analytical data in the data hub? Or elsewhere? I am happy to look into this for you if you could provide some more information :) If you could log in the bug tracker, that would be helpful too https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-touch-bugs-tracker/921_gameplay-issues/

Hi @Luke Couchman

Ive logged a bug report on this yesterday if you can take a look please? 

Game seems fantastic this year and there have been quite a few mini tweaks which have enhanced the experience.

Just a couple of niggles. Playing on the XBox.The sound seems to go off between saves and have discovered if I launch another game prior to playing this the sound does come back on.

What happened to the analysis feature in the tactics screen? I really liked this previously as it helps you to work out what isn't working with your tactics and player roles.

I disabled all notifications,icloud,airdrop,app refresh,location services..everything one by one.Lowered the brightness a little bit,turned off the sound.And tried my first match with Key highlights selected.Only %1 of my battery drained.( ipad 9)

*also power saving on,bluetooth off

Edited by emr1907

5 hours ago, hamderduved said:

I find that when a match is simulated, no substitutions are made, as e.g. was done in Touch 2020. Is that the intention or is it a bug?

I’m having the same problem. As I mentioned I’m another thread, when I use Instant Result  with a match plan no subs are used (even though the instruction is there to consider them)

Also, I’ll reiterate that you can’t use match plans in-match. 

8 hours ago, Luke Couchman said:

In the post match analysis, but it now seems to be working. 

This cross in the photo attached is a bad choice, slow and somewhat annoying, still the game this year is great. It's better in everything, especially the match engine that is more visually appealing and is more varied in actions (looks more real, alive). UI is definitely better, still has it's quirks (scouting section is crowded because of the transfers section inclusion), and match audio is actually nice and useful (in previous year edition it was super bugged), still volume seems to be bugged (can't lower it). Anyway no more audio if I play another game and come back with Quick Resume, bad bug.

Some bugs need to be ironed out, anyway this is the first time I can actually recommend the game. Very solid and mature on Xbox and well optimized for a Tv experience (easier and bigger UI and text, yay). Still I need to use the cursor for a good experience. AI can actually make good transfers, and it looks like it considers player's tactics, so the player can actually rely on it.

It's good. Keep it simple, fix the bugs and continue to improve the 3D match engine and the UI. Kudos to the developers.

IMG20221109223707.jpg

Edited by Tetsuro P12

6 hours ago, Trainspotting90 said:

30 season limit on pc?

That's correct.

1 hour ago, kamackeris said:

When setting up a save I could see no option for database size... Is it always medium (series x version) 

There isn't an option to select the DB size this year. I believe the default DB size is medium.

Really enjoying the new match engine. It feels like actually watching football. Players also seem to respond more to tactical changes.

However, some things are still lacking on the Xbox version for FM23:

- The option to hide fake faces from regens and staff is missing, needs to come back for the many players on console who prefer to hide them

- Transfer deadline day doesn't seem to be there anymore. Would be great if this comes back, as it added more excitement to the game

Can someone please help me and tell me how to scout players specifically from Brazil or a specific region. In the new scouting system I have not yet found a way to do this. I'm playing the console version on xbox series x.

Some new features this year have really frustrated me. In the tactics menu on Xbox we have to go through that wheel option where we change roles, change players etc. My friends who are playing with me but on PC have the option to change their skin. They then get the usual way of changing roles and players by just clicking and the list comes up.  I plug in a mouse and keyboard to the console and I think I should get the option to change to this. I’m currently playing FM touch on console with no touch screen.  

Pausing the match everytime I want to make a sub, look at the tablet, shout etc is silly as well. The big notification about players carrying a knock needs to go as well. Makes my games take ages for no reason.  

I’d prefer to be playing FM22 but they took it off gamepass and there’s no option to by it. 

hopefully these issues are fixed but I don’t hold much hope

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, LorenzoLucca said:

- Transfer deadline day doesn't seem to be there anymore. Would be great if this comes back, as it added more excitement to the game

Hi @LorenzoLucca, which nation were you trying to play Transfer Deadline Day in? It is only available for some nations, so I can check it out for you :) 

I’m finding scouting and signing youth players frustrating.

I’ve set my recruitment focus to look for 4 star potential and above players aged up to 19 in all of Europe, but am getting no recommendations at all.  Why aren’t they bringing back players like Gavi, who is in my game and not scouted

And every youth player I try and sign from abroad for Arsenal - no matter how lowly their club and league reputation  - are all coming back with “I have absolutely no interest in discussing terms with you under any circumstances”.  Is this a bug? Is it happening on the pc game too?

Playing on Xbox series x and I’ve realised I miss being able to see the entire squad in the squad selection and tactics screen. Doesn’t feel as user friendly only being able to see the starting 11 and the subs, whilst not being able to see those not in the match day squad.

4 hours ago, z27 said:

Can someone please help me and tell me how to scout players specifically from Brazil or a specific region. In the new scouting system I have not yet found a way to do this. I'm playing the console version on xbox series x.

Hi there, in the screen where you select the position you want to scout there is a tab that says 'Further Details' here you can fine tune the scouting with your specific requirements. You can scout the nationality of the players here or the country/region they play in.

When creating a manager profile is there an option to choose the previous manager experience or coaching badge level like on FMT 2021? I can’t see there is one and it feels a big part of the game is missing as it limits on how you wish to play the game when starting as unemployed.

Loving it so far. Apart from some minor bugs and trying to get used to some of the controls, I played my first PL game as Spurs against Palace. After a poor first half I gave a positive team talk, made a few tactical changes and won 3-0. The player movement and passing was amazing. And I honestly felt like my changes made the difference (not something I really felt in previous editions), making it even more enjoyable. I’m hooked. 

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, LorenzoLucca said:

Hi @Luke Couchman thanks for the clarification! This happened to me in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie with Willem II.

Hi @LorenzoLucca, unfortunately that division is not covered by the Transfer Deadline Day feature. The countries where this is activated is determined by the Head Researchers of each country, who have informed us where there is a "media circus" surrounding the day. You will still find it in other divisions around the game :)

5 minutes ago, Ricobran said:

I have just noticed that the numbers are showing, but the lines for passing, shooting etc are not. 

Mine still doesn’t work properly. 1 match the data did appear but the following games, nothing again.

I’ve played through a third of my season so far, and fun-wise, this is my favourite FM to date (from CM2 onwards)

Previous iterations, you could not pull this tactical philosophy off in game. It felt like gegen-attack was the only way to win. Seeing the match play out the way I think it would in my head, is so rewarding. 

7ADE744F-16F8-42EE-999E-EB0D677F0BC9.thumb.jpeg.264da231447d24052e57b2b6f38fe93c.jpeg

052277AC-0294-4D16-9908-EB32A8DD61CE.thumb.jpeg.a058f0cee6d929380aa701f959d10d85.jpeg

7 hours ago, Luke Couchman said:

Hi @LorenzoLucca, unfortunately that division is not covered by the Transfer Deadline Day feature. The countries where this is activated is determined by the Head Researchers of each country, who have informed us where there is a "media circus" surrounding the day. You will still find it in other divisions around the game :)

Makes sense, thanks! :)

6 hours ago, Paddyposh said:

I’m on Xbox one and don’t have the option to declare someone as a top target, aka declare interest. 

I assume I should have the option?

If you are in prem or a top flight club around the world, then you’ll be able to but lower league clubs unfortunately you can’t, never understood the logic mind you 

As others have said, the spacing on the iPad squad screen needs to be smaller. In the previous version I always targeting keeping my squad size to the 24 (I think) that were displayed on screen - having it all at a glance without scrolling makes the experience better. 

Some oddities with transfers. Scout says a player is interested and will have wage demands of let’s say £2k, when negotiating terms they’re asking for 5x that or more. I don’t know if this is somehow interacting with the message at the bottom of the screen that says offer £8k+ to get a work permit. Incidentally, if I offer that wage, the work permit still gets rejected. This same behaviour (for both issues) appears to occur every time I try to sign someone from abroad. 

Great to have FM back on iPad and really enjoying the cross functionality on Mac. I had to endure the Switch version last year, this is obviously a better experience.  

A few things which I'm not sure are bugs or UX oversights. 

1. On the iPad the Kick Off/Skip when playing the match at the bottom right hand corner seems the last place it should be when you consider how you hold the device. It also doesn't fit in the button space, START SECOND HALF cuts off before the end of the F. 

2. The Data Hub on both iPad and Mac versions when you go to Data Report it is not showing Clear Cut Chances. Bizarrely on the Mac version it shows it for one formation played, but not the rest. 

3. Subs on the iPad. When you go to tactics during a game on the iPad it doesn't show you who you've already subbed from the game. On the Mac Touch version (and every version of CM/FM since day dot) its always been clearly marked who has been subbed from the game. On the screenshot below Emmanuel Dennis (S9) was subbed from the game previously, this isn't clear. 

4. Cross device save - this took some getting used to and feels like there'd be an easier way to quickly navigate to the cloud save. I also cant get the Tactics to save on the Cloud and be visible across both devices.

IMG_1956.PNG

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 12.59.34 pm.png

IMG_9AF5C581ADFE-1.jpeg

I think this should be added within the cycle:

Apple Devices:
Skins to work, they worked before not sure why is not available. Attribute colours and such are things that are not okay for everybody. Spacing between screens, this are all things you devs can not do and let skin makers work! 
Ability to load FMT saves at our own risk, 5 leagues can be much can be much too little. I find it curious that you allow 10 Leagues on PC Console version since there are too many machines less powerful than even iPhone 13. 10 Leagues would be the charm.

This may be possible by activating an under the hood mode on preferences? something along the lines of a ""debug"" mode, maybe advanced mode so those who are not 100% familiar with the settings won't need to touch them.

I need to enforce the need for a in-game editor. It won't be that hard to side load the one we use for Full FM onto FMT.

I really enjoy playing this year Touch on Ipad so far. Lower leagues matches are very realistic and players act according to their stats which feels to me more realistic career. If only I had a option to select database size.