*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a dollar for every time the AI fields multiple underdone and fatigued players and then plays me off the park for 90 minutes, I'd never have to buy another FM game again.

It's the one thing I just cannot seem to counter. Seeing those half-green and yellow hearts throughout the AI's line-up is like rat poison to me.

Edited by CityAndColour

13 hours ago, matisptfan said:

Who else is expecting the first announcement tomorrow?

I was thinking it would be today, but it could be next week.

Normally the initial announcement video has no details though, its only at the end of september where they start talking about features

Edited by Platinum

Speaking of releasing things and such... isn't FM23 supposed to be given free on Amazon Prime Gaming on the 7th (today)?

*Edit* - And now it is. FM23 is free on Prime Gaming. Activated through Epic Games Store.

Edited by Daz2205

1 hour ago, Daz2205 said:

Speaking of releasing things and such... isn't FM23 supposed to be given free on Amazon Prime Gaming on the 7th (today)?

*Edit* - And now it is. FM23 is free on Prime Gaming. Activated through Epic Games Store.

I mightve gotten it if it was on steam. 

38 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

How hard would it be to implement dopey players doing dopey things like getting 4-years bans for failing drug tests? Just wondering. 

Easy to implement, but I think they could lose all licenses.

28 minutes ago, TexasDemon said:

Has someone ever seen a Red Card for Goalkeeper?

Yes, and I've even posted a gif on it here in the thread. Enjoy!

On 09/05/2023 at 09:54, XaW said:

I hate that this happened to my team, but I'm happy it's in the game at least, after seeing so many people complain about not getting red cards for their goalkeepers...

s6p0ZOC.gif

15 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

How hard would it be to implement dopey players doing dopey things like getting 4-years bans for failing drug tests? Just wondering. 

I believe from past discussions that SI are cautious about negative aspects of football such as drug testing being included in the game. It's why you never see fights on the pitch etc.

They also are careful not to paint real life footballers in the negative light, which is why certain personalities are only applied to newgens (slack, unambitious).

@Platinummy idea to fix the DOF is at the beginning of every save when you go to your squad planner the game should ask you how many players you want per position and how you want to split them so for example you can have 2 players per position where one is first team and the other is rotation or 3 players per position where one is a first team player the other is rotation and the 3rd is a youth player (20 and other because you don’t need to register them in most leagues) or you can have 2 players per position where one is first team player and the other is a youth player. After you have chosen that you will then have to put the players you have available where you think they fit then the DOF can fill the holes in the squad.

During transfer windows or at the end of the season if the playing time doesn’t match their squad status and there has not been injuries for example if you had 3 players for every position and your youth striker for some reason has more minutes than your first team striker without injuries then he should try and sell the first team striker and bring someone in. 
Also if your scouts find a players who’s better than what you already have they can try and sign that person and sell the one in your team or they can ask you first.

The same logic can be used for contracts, if the player I picked to be the first team players gets significantly less minutes compared to the rotation player then they shouldn’t offer a new contract if they’ve not been able to sell the players and he has 6 months left.

I can understand that some people would find it tedious at the beginning of every save to go and pick who should be the first team player etc but theoretically if the system works it’s something that has to be done once or it can be done automatically based on minutes played and minutes played per position 

• 4 months later...

So I have been playing FM23 for 1000 hours and it just dawned on me...

REMOVE THE STAR RATINGS

This would make the game so much more imersive and realistic. So many times I have have decided "this player isnt good enough, or I can get better" based purely on this star rating where one might be 3 and the other 4,

If I just picked players based on scouts, performance, stats, would make it more realistic and fun, leaving more to be discovered.

9 minutes ago, gazmando said:

So I have been playing FM23 for 1000 hours and it just dawned on me...

REMOVE THE STAR RATINGS

This would make the game so much more imersive and realistic. So many times I have have decided "this player isnt good enough, or I can get better" based purely on this star rating where one might be 3 and the other 4,

If I just picked players based on scouts, performance, stats, would make it more realistic and fun, leaving more to be discovered.

use mustermann's skin

Give us info of how good their "other foot" is. Info on players only says Right or Left foot, ok, but how good is there other foot? without going into the editor you cant see

Edited by gazmando

why does it feel like no defensive tactic works? I have tried everything to build a defensive team but still concede goals after they have a single shot on goal. ok, that can happen in real life, but it happens way to much in this game (and the previous where I noticed the same problem), In short it feels like this game and the last have moved more towards the "plan your tactics out to be attacking and hope to outscore them" as otherwise you get way too many results where you dominate the game but still lose or draw (even doing that it feels like you get many games where you lose or draw when dominating the game).

20 minutes ago, dℍaisa said:

use mustermann's skin

I dont know what that means, I am not much of a PC gamer, I just buy and play FM mainly. Either way surely that should just be in the game or an option in the game without me needing to do something outside of choosing it if it were an option

2 hours ago, gazmando said:

I dont know what that means, I am not much of a PC gamer, I just buy and play FM mainly. Either way surely that should just be in the game or an option in the game without me needing to do something outside of choosing it if it were an option

Use YouTube for help, many of your problems (like the weak foot information) can be solved using a custom skin.

7 hours ago, gazmando said:

why does it feel like no defensive tactic works? I have tried everything to build a defensive team but still concede goals after they have a single shot on goal. ok, that can happen in real life, but it happens way to much in this game (and the previous where I noticed the same problem), In short it feels like this game and the last have moved more towards the "plan your tactics out to be attacking and hope to outscore them" as otherwise you get way too many results where you dominate the game but still lose or draw (even doing that it feels like you get many games where you lose or draw when dominating the game).

It's just FM at the moment. It's impossible to defend.

Your only option is to attack and press as much as possible. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

I haven't played for months (really enjoyed it to start off with but tailed off but thats more because of me, not the game) 

How has the game developed since launch? Updates improved the game?