*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Firehouse said:

I'm sure I've read that the bug regarding the youth recruitment has been fixed. The bug where you couldn't ask the board to max it out. But now I don't seem to be able to max out youth facilities. I've maxed out training facilities, I have like 50m euros in the bank, but haven't been able to ask for it for few years. I have only good youth facilities. Has this been a known problem now or am I missing something?

Me too, in my Dynamo Dresden save, 8 seasons in, won title twice, stuck on 4 1/2 stars youth rating (use a skin that shows me youth rating). Maxed out my staff, assumed sooner or later it would upgrade. Going to give it another seasonĀ 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bahmet said:

If I use the level of detail of the championships "All official matches", then the players in these championships develop better?

Better or worse, it depends; but in general player development takes more calculations.

In my recent lower league save i am still in Tier 6 which is the lowest league offered in the third season now.

The other two seasons i faced two teams that i could not go against as they outdid everything i was possible to do in regard to strengthen the Team - for every step i made they made 2 steps ahead and had at one point a 1-167 or so promotion rating.

As consolation i was at least able to win the Amateur Cup in season two and make some money from the qualification into the DFB Pokal that cup win includes but money is not an issue so far as i made every season around a 100k profit.

Now in the third season it seems i may be able to promote and get out of the hell of non contract football and keep my good players instead of getting "robbed" even by my direct competition.

The matches play out spectacular and even in the low Tier better fottballers look better (more able) in the 3D match - i have seen 2 overhead kicks in season two which is half the amount of overhead kicks i have seen in FM13 and FM15 to FM22.

Free Kicks are much more dangerous than b4 the latest update and the number feels right, the results at times skyrocket but in a lower league that may happen when the quality difference is at times ridiculous high.

At all the matches look quite close to the football i want to see from my team unless they get this mind/morale-losses when they look like the 3 stoges rotating in thier graves on an either an overdose of power drugs or sleeping pills...

So far i am well entertained from the game with a sensible amount of challenge and success (while using the realism mod).

Ā 

Best regards

Edited by Etebaer

14 hours ago, cherryman71 said:

Why do regens who play in central positions, ie, central defender, central midfield, striker, etc, never have a preferred side preference?

IIRC it's only used to make sure AI managers use real player in their right positions. That said, I think newgens should have it as well.

Bought this game on sale a few weeks ago. Played one season and I feel mugged. Worth half of what I paid tbh.Ā 
This is, for me, probably one of the worst FM Iā€™ve played. Been playing since early 90s.

Iā€™d not recommend this FM version to anyone considering buying it. Not releasing anymore patches or fixes is at best ignorant. AĀ :thdn:Ā well deserved.Ā 

I get the impression that longterm saves are being phased out in favour of short stints with big clubs. The way the gameworld develops over ten years or more is profoundly unsatisfying to me. But maybe I'm just jaded and nostalgic. I just feel like things used to be more fluid and surprising, and now when I get promoted to the Premiership after eight years or whatever it's still Mount and Haaland and Saka running riot. That might be just the way football is now, I guess - who could afford to buy Haaland - I dunno.

I'd also love the new job press conference, the only one I ever do myself, to vary depending on club. Nobody's taking over at Halifax and saying they're a massive and ambitious club.

Finally, I did win the league with a midblock 433 so credit where it's due, I do think the hegemony of high lines and nonstop pressing has beeb addressed to some extent at last.

I think what perfectly encapsulates how stagnant this game has been is how if you are someone who would want to replicate how City play and you wanted the Kyle Walker role (a full back role that behaves like a wide centre back in possession but defends as a full back out of possession) this role doesn't exist despite City having used this for the past 3 seasons. Not only that but recently they've moved away from this now and are using Stones in what I can only describe in FM terms as maybe a libero in attack if you were to play it in the DCR spot...Something you again physically cannot do in the game. That's two huge tactical shifts in the past 3 years that cannot be replicated in this pathetic excuse of a game. Incredible honestly.

9 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

If a player is complaining about his team status / not playing the time he wants and I am receiving reports that he is not training well, shouldn't there be an option to tell the player when he is complaining "work harder and you will get your minutes...maybe" ?

There's an option to (sort of) say this if you criticise his training and he responds negatively - you can say something like "well if you aren't training well then how are you going to play well?"

But I think every time I've used it the player was still unhappy with meĀ :lol:

2 hours ago, autohoratio said:

There's an option to (sort of) say this if you criticise his training and he responds negatively - you can say something like "well if you aren't training well then how are you going to play well?"

But I think every time I've used it the player was still unhappy with meĀ :lol:

Yeah, but that's when the monthly training report comes in. The idea would be to discuss bad training when asking for more minutes. I know it's a minor detail, but it feels FM has been lacking several minor details, considering it's fm23.

6 hours ago, Boed123 said:

I think what perfectly encapsulates how stagnant this game has been is how if you are someone who would want to replicate how City play and you wanted the Kyle Walker role (a full back role that behaves like a wide centre back in possession but defends as a full back out of possession) this role doesn't exist despite City having used this for the past 3 seasons. Not only that but recently they've moved away from this now and are using Stones in what I can only describe in FM terms as maybe a libero in attack if you were to play it in the DCR spot...Something you again physically cannot do in the game. That's two huge tactical shifts in the past 3 years that cannot be replicated in this pathetic excuse of a game. Incredible honestly.

Made a feature request that is all about that: player roles are dynamic, not something static, it can change whenever the team is in possession or not, It should not be a feature request.

Didn't SI used to consult with several football professionals? It is odd how something like this has been missing from the game.

Edited by pedrosantos

4 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Someone please, quick, tell reality it's being absurd:

image.png.f2e92eecaf860ce2bdec1eb2fcf7b465.png

Ā 

Oh really... Did Real Madrid have 2 games like that in their next 5 games? Where the AI GK turns into Spiderman and your GK can't catch a ball to save his life?

image.png.c250922c90e464fe0e51d021e64f0ec2.png

Ā 

7 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Someone please, quick, tell reality it's being absurd:

image.png.f2e92eecaf860ce2bdec1eb2fcf7b465.png

Ā 

Little sly comment there hehe.

Ā 

While games like this do indeed exist, they are rare.Ā  It happens all...the...time...in FM.

4 hours ago, andu1 said:

Oh really... Did Real Madrid have 2 games like that in their next 5 games? Where the AI GK turns into Spiderman and your GK can't catch a ball to save his life?

image.png.c250922c90e464fe0e51d021e64f0ec2.png

Ā 

Yes, they did.
Real Madrid 2 - 2 Valencia (August 27 2017) | La liga | 2017/2018 | xG | Understat.com
Real Madrid 1 - 1 Levante (September 09 2017) | La liga | 2017/2018 | xG | Understat.com
Real Madrid 0 - 1 Real Betis (September 20 2017) | La liga | 2017/2018 | xG | Understat.com

Which would continue until well into January, with CR7 alone not hitting a cow's arse with a banjo, scoring but 4 goals from over 100 shots (two of which penalties). At which point Barcelona were already pretty much confirmed champs.

Despite managed by someone doing a bit more than looking at final match stats to gauge how well his team played... Which the AI on this game luckily hasn't ever done either. Speaking of AI managers:
Ā 

On 12/04/2023 at 09:41, andu1 said:

FM really needs a much more capable AI both in match tactics and squad development.

If the AI were more capable at match tactics, it would pull of these kind of matches even more. General rule of the thumb: If the AI can do something you cannot, the AI has an edge over you, end of story. Imagine it was able to read the ME play the way the actually superior players of this game can (flaws included)... dynamically adjusting match tactics to space available during matches. SI aren't going to do that, naturally, as that would lead to enraged players.
Ā 

Edited by Svenc

4 hours ago, Svenc said:

Yes, they did.
Real Madrid 2 - 2 Valencia (August 27 2017) | La liga | 2017/2018 | xG | Understat.com
Real Madrid 1 - 1 Levante (September 09 2017) | La liga | 2017/2018 | xG | Understat.com
Real Madrid 0 - 1 Real Betis (September 20 2017) | La liga | 2017/2018 | xG | Understat.com

Which would continue until well into January, with CR7 alone not hitting a cow's arse with a banjo, scoring but 4 goals from over 100 shots (two of which penalties). At which point Barcelona were already pretty much confirmed champs.

Despite managed by someone doing a bit more than looking at final match stats to gauge how well his team played... Which the AI on this game luckily hasn't ever done either. Speaking of AI managers:
Ā 

If the AI were more capable at match tactics, it would pull of these kind of matches even more. General rule of the thumb: If the AI can do something you cannot, the AI has an edge over you, end of story. Imagine it was able to read the ME play the way the actually superior players of this game can (flaws included)... dynamically adjusting match tactics to space available during matches. SI aren't going to do that, naturally, as that would lead to enraged players.
Ā 

I think if AI were more capable they wouldn't let the opposition, who is not even a very superior team, shoot 35 times. I even used a standard 4-2-3-1 double pivot with positive mentality.

I would enjoy it more if the AI took better decision in-game rather than focusing all their tactic purely on luck that their GK has an amazing game.

Ā 

Edited by andu1

5 hours ago, Maviarab said:

Little sly comment there hehe.

Ā 

While games like this do indeed exist, they are rare.Ā  It happens all...the...time...in FM.

Define rare please.

1 in 100 games? 1 in 20?

Taking into consideration the amount of games being played on a saturday/sunday the amount of Leagues loaded and games being played, it may seem like a lot, but statisitcally speaking is probably well within the norm.. I say that because the only save I have going right now has all the countries and playable leagues loaded and doing that sort of research would last well into FM25.

Jellico

4 ore fa, b2khn ha scritto:

Has Fm23 reached its final form, or are any updates to be expected?

If this is the final update i'm going to uninstall and reinstall 21. I literally can't even create my own custom leagues in the pre editor because i suffer from this bug

Ā 

and the game always crash after a while using a database affected by this issue. The state of this game is truly embarassing, they got my money this year but fm24 will remain on the shelves that's for sure.

Not sure where to post this, more Feedback for FM24 but here we go:-

1. VAR/Offside Line.. I have tried to fine this (incase it needs to be activated) but cannot within the game. Replays show the goal > VAR Review > then offside but we (or I) dont then get aĀ  VAR/Offside line showing how close it was.. Thought i'd be nice to see (like we get on the telly).. If it already in the game, please elaborate on how i get to activate it
  2. Create an Assistant Manager alongside your manager. So many Manager these days have there own staff, and it feels a little weird that when you take over a job or "link" an already existing staff member (within reason) to you, i think this will just add a little dimention to the game, where your Assistant follows you through the game, through clubs both ups and downs.

Bought FM23 just after Xmas and been playing it for like 4-12 hours a day where i can, i havent played it since FM20 and even then was only playing it because i was bored of the games out (so wasnt that keen on it)

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, FMReccster said:

Not sure where to post this, more Feedback for FM24 but here we go:-

1. VAR/Offside Line.. I have tried to fine this (incase it needs to be activated) but cannot within the game. Replays show the goal > VAR Review > then offside but we (or I) dont then get aĀ  VAR/Offside line showing how close it was.. Thought i'd be nice to see (like we get on the telly).. If it already in the game, please elaborate on how i get to activate it
  2. Create an Assistant Manager alongside your manager. So many Manager these days have there own staff, and it feels a little weird that when you take over a job or "link" an already existing staff member (within reason) to you, i think this will just add a little dimention to the game, where your Assistant follows you through the game, through clubs both ups and downs.

Bought FM23 just after Xmas and been playing it for like 4-12 hours a day where i can, i havent played it since FM20 and even then was only playing it because i was bored of the games out (so wasnt that keen on it)

Thank you.

Tick show offsides replays...this will show you the line (sometimes lol)....

Staff will leave a club if you resign/take another job....whether you want to re-hire them is entirely another matter heh.Ā  All comes down to your rep and whether they have you as a favored persona or not and what value.

Edited by Maviarab

11 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Okay, then maybe becoming more noteworthy and controversial

be noteworthy
Ā 

I feel I get asked about it in every press conference... "Did the ref make the right call?" "Are refs poor in this country?" "Do you like VAR fixing the refs mistake?" etc...

The data hub looks cool but it can be kinda misleading.

image.png.e39a8fc811569159691b1c4d507e8361.png

My team has conceded 5 goals in 16 games. We are having less clearances/blocks etc than other teams because we're dominating most games. It should also be possible for me to view more relevant data, like if I could only analyze my games against good teams, etc.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

I feel I get asked about it in every press conference... "Did the ref make the right call?" "Are refs poor in this country?" "Do you like VAR fixing the refs mistake?" etc...

Yeah, personally I thing there's more to be explored since (for what is available to read in forums) people just turn off the press conferences. Maybe player moral affected by a bad red card, I'm just shooting in the dark, but it could be nice to have some other solutions to impact on the game.

Is possesion broken? Used to manage Barca, now Marseille...one day we have 60%+, another one barely 35%...

It seems like meeting team with Control possesion or Tiki-Taka tactic makes impossible to dominate the ball (no difference if it's City or Granada). My tactic is always described as vertical tiki taka. But thƩ stats it's just cosmetic cause even with so low possesion, we create one chance after another...just doesn't feel right.

Edited by Oliver Roland

10 hours ago, Oliver Roland said:

Is possesion broken? Used to manage Barca, now Marseille...one day we have 60%+, another one barely 35%...

It seems like meeting team with Control possesion or Tiki-Taka tactic makes impossible to dominate the ball (no difference if it's City or Granada). My tactic is always described as vertical tiki taka. But thƩ stats it's just cosmetic cause even with so low possesion, we create one chance after another...just doesn't feel right.

Been finding possession based tactics dont work. Everything has to be direct otherwise you just passing the ball around the back and not creating anything.Ā 

Feel like this is very broken. I was hoping I could slowly building through the 3rds and pin teams back in the final 3rd like other top teams in the league but find I create very little and he other team will have much less possession but double the shots and shots on target.

Ā 

Im kinda done with this iteration of FM and TBH I think im done in general with FM. Next version im going to wait and see and happy to skip and not play for a year.Ā 

16 hours ago, Oliver Roland said:

You have several readings in the tactic forum, mostly from Cleon explaining how to make use of possession tactics.

On 17/04/2023 at 12:36, XaW said:

I always get asked a "given that there was considerable refereeing controvsery today..." question, but never am I told what the controversy actuallyĀ was.

11 hours ago, autohoratio said:

I always get asked a "given that there was considerable refereeing controvsery today..." question, but never am I told what the controversy actuallyĀ was.

Well the press assumes the manager actually watches the match, you know?