*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else have issues with dumb headed clearances from defenders?. A long ball will be coming to my CB as he’s running back to goal, and under no pressure he’ll just head it straight to the opposition for the easy counter attack.

1 hour ago, ATV said:

shame, the game is good, but a lot seems unresolved after reading through the bugs and other forum topics

This is the thing though ignorance is bliss.  The people I know who enjoy the game the most don't use social media or this forum.

If your senior team plays a match on the same day as your B/youth team, but earlier, you still cannot ask your players to play for the B/youth team as the whole squad becomes unavailable as soon as the senior team match starts. They'll only play if you demote them, but that's just asking for trouble.

This is something I've seen in FM20 and it's still here. Just fixing longstanding bugs like this would make the game much better as they influence the real gameplay outside the ME where the majority of players, I assume, spend most of their time playing this game.. It's frustrating to see issues like this year after year.

I'm generally satisfied with the ME chaos we have this year, but long balls are ridiculous. Both in quality and quantity.

There is written:

"The changes in the 23.4 update include, but are not limited to:"

Does this mean that there have been also changes in other parts of the game? For example the ME?

Did anybody notice any changes in ME? :)

Edited by Captain_T

13 hours ago, alian62 said:

Yeah I don't think I will . Very much think I've been conned this time . I agree it's the total lack of communication that's disappointing.  Had more communication during lockdown . If there was another Football Manager game that was decent I would be gone . The feature releases were poor to tge point they were not even a feature . Could go on and on but its been all said before in this forum . But its funny because a forum is an area to devise solutions to problems and air greviences but the total lack of listening is staggering and any greviences are put down by moderators.  Anyway I can't waste my money anymore on this franchise so I agree with you

That is so far from the truth. I am one of the moderators and i have been critically constructive of the game on my videos citing issues with AI newgen development, weaknesses in the match engine, outdated set piece design, that’s just to name a few. So your suggestion that moderators cherry pick responses is wholly untrue.

No corrections from the DB mistakes raised as soon as the previous update was launched 

That kills the fun tbh

What’s the point of raising issues ?

Edited by nico_france

1 hour ago, Captain_T said:

There is written:

"The changes in the 23.4 update include, but are not limited to:"

Does this mean that there have been also changes in other parts of the game? For example the ME?

Did anybody notice any changes in ME? :)

Unfortunately it’s very much the same. 

38 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

There is no point in fact. I've wasted a ton of times uploading saves for nothing since no issue i've reported have been fixed. This is the last year i'm bothering reporting anything, since they clearly don't care about fixing it anyway.

I raised an issue several versions ago that I'm still stuck with today, it doesn't mean they haven't looked at it though. Every time I log into a network game my manager avatar defaults to the hosts. Doesn't happen with the other players, just me.

Looking at the last few pages, it seems like the bugs aren't the real issue, but the lack of follow-up (or perceived lack of follow-up) from SI. To be honest, it's something I'm familiar with as well. I did raise quite a few ME things some editions back (can't remember which one), but felt nothing was being done about it. Worse, those issues are still present in the current ME. An example is the wingers still shooting from ridiculous angles, which I flagged together with quite a few examples.

Earlier in this thread I said that the number of comments in this thread could be seen as some kind of feedback too, which was later deleted by a mod. Personally, it all adds up as if they just don't care about the feedback.

Let that be the feedback: communicate better, with what SI are doing with the feedback from the users. It could be that the user was mistaken, but clearly state why. Not just "our data suggests something else".

6 minutes ago, balthaci said:

I have just loaded new game with 23.04 but still can't see the latest transfers in Turkish league, for example Alexandru Maxim - Besiktas. Is this how it is or i'm doing something wrong here please ? 

thanks 

This was answered here: 

We were able to complete all of the transfers in the time given to us.  Unfortunately since the transfer window got extended in Turkey, some transfers are and will remain missing for FM 2023.

Also, note that transfers out of clubs that withdrew from the league are not completed on purpose since these clubs remain in their respective divisions in the game and we don't want them too weak to compete.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

All my save games now crash since the latest update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared out my fm folder, still crashes. It was working fine before the update yesterday.

Worth troubleshooting here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/9807315748881-Technical-Issues

If nothing listed there sorts, please contact our support team here - https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, KingBuzzo15 said:

I've been playing since Champ Man 92/93 and I can safely say this might be my last party with FM. Been dis-illusioned with the game for a while. Usually put in a solid 1000 hours or more a year into the game. For me FM drastically needs competition to keep SI on their toes. I remember when Premier Manager was the alternative and it meant Champ Man/FM had to keep re-inventing itself. We are sold 'new features' every year that are, in some cases, purely cosmetic. I mean the prominent 'content creators' did that podcast where they brought up the issues with the franchise, and unless they have a drastic change for FM24, I ain't wasting £30 - £40 on a data update. It's been emotional, I may not even take part in the usual yearly "when's the beta out" thread.

Maybe now EA don't have the FIFA licence, but have bought up almost every other football licence they can get their hands on, they might bring a football management game to market alongside whatever replaces the FIFA game (probably something that focuses mostly on FUT as thats seemingly the most popular mode for the game). If someone like EA started making a proper management game it would give Sega/SI some good competition perhaps.

38 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Worth troubleshooting here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/9807315748881-Technical-Issues

If nothing listed there sorts, please contact our support team here - https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

Thanks. 

It seems to be with my personal skin, everytime i load that up it crashes, so will just have to use the basic fm skin 

4 ore fa, BuDbuD ha scritto:

I raised an issue several versions ago that I'm still stuck with today, it doesn't mean they haven't looked at it though. Every time I log into a network game my manager avatar defaults to the hosts. Doesn't happen with the other players, just me.

Except the issues i've reported don't affect only me. The issue of young players not developing properly leading to full teams (and nationals) of older players is not fixed yet (been reported since fm22...) and the last update from a dev (in the bug report section) was something like "yeah we are aware but we won't fix it this year, maybe next one". And that's one of the many issues. Another that irks me is that they dare to sell the ingame editor for 10 bucks and don't even have the decency to fix the fact that i can't add or remove clauses in the staff contracts. Reported in november btw. The transfer screen resetting to latest year when checking past transfers? Still there.

Yeah sorry i'm not wasting any more time reporting anything the next time i will purchase the game (which will NOT be 24 for sure), since they clearly don't care except for the gamebreaking stuff.

2 hours ago, evilmonster said:

Maybe now EA don't have the FIFA licence, but have bought up almost every other football licence they can get their hands on, they might bring a football management game to market alongside whatever replaces the FIFA game (probably something that focuses mostly on FUT as thats seemingly the most popular mode for the game). If someone like EA started making a proper management game it would give Sega/SI some good competition perhaps.

You mean like they used to before they *checks notes* completely abandoned the genre after getting stomped to death by SI's effort?

There's very little chance EA are going in that direction. Why would they when they can continue to strangle the life out of their existing product and shake customers down for money?

22 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

This is the thing though ignorance is bliss.  The people I know who enjoy the game the most don't use social media or this forum.

I don't use social media. I read on here occasionally. Only usually after an update to read what it is. 

13 minutes ago, ATV said:

I don't use social media. I read on here occasionally. Only usually after an update to read what it is. 

This literally is is social media and this thread is the worst place to come to have your opinion of the game soured.  

On 29/03/2023 at 07:06, stevemc said:

That’s exactly the scenario I’m talking about… it’s a regular occurrence. Too regular. Feels like there's an inevitability about the AI notching one from their solus chance and there's very little you can do tactically to stop it regardless of player ability (because it comes from a ball over the top, a set piece, defender dwelling on the ball or a cut back).

Aston Villa v Arsenal_ Pitch.png

So it looks like no updates to the ME? It was a little ambiguous with the "gameplay" wording. 

I have to concur with some of the comments on here that I can't see myself buying FM anymore, unless the feedback on the ME is exceptional. I've been playing since CM2, but personally I just haven't enjoyed the ME in the past few years. The game lives or dies by the ME in my view. I did think the beta was excellent, I hope if SI have one takeaway it's to make ME update optional, however, perhaps that's technically very difficult to do. 

18 minutes ago, Domathon said:

when can we expect a patch or refund?

The are no more planned updates, other than the next data update for Chinese clubs. Refunds are handled by retailers.

19 hours ago, evilmonster said:

If EA and SI has to battle out the best football management game, it reads like an dystopia for any gamer :D .

1 minute ago, mackboss said:

But just affect to Chinesse leagues or others leagues...???

Thank you

From the pinned thread:

*Owing to a change to the closing date of Chinese transfer window, that data is not included here. Instead, a further update addressing the relevant moves specifically just covering the ins and outs of the Chinese leagues will be released in the coming weeks.

3 minutes ago, Mitza said:

I've always wondered, when a player gains citizenship in the nation you're playing in, does it count towards the domestic player numbers? 

It often depends on the league rules. Some just require nationality, while other leagues require the player to spend 3 years there before they turn 21 for example. Look at the league rules, it should be evident there. There is also a squad view for "homegrown status" to fill out the details from the rules.

18 minutes ago, XaW said:

It often depends on the league rules. Some just require nationality, while other leagues require the player to spend 3 years there before they turn 21 for example. Look at the league rules, it should be evident there. There is also a squad view for "homegrown status" to fill out the details from the rules.

Sorry I don't mean homegrown, I mean if he's considered of that nation in stats. So if my team in Spain has only 5 Spanish players, it would be considered "foreign-heavy" and my domestic player bias very low. But if let's say, 10 of my other players get Spanish nationality, would the game register 15 Spanish players and a high domestic player bias

10 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Sorry I don't mean homegrown, I mean if he's considered of that nation in stats. So if my team in Spain has only 5 Spanish players, it would be considered "foreign-heavy" and my domestic player bias very low. But if let's say, 10 of my other players get Spanish nationality, would the game register 15 Spanish players and a high domestic player bias

I don't know then. I would assume what is considered his "major" nationality, so if he has caps for another country, I assume he would still be considered "foreign" in that regard. This just speculation from me though.

The changes in the 23.4 update include, but are not limited to:

- Fixed rare crash affecting some users with saves started with December 2022 start date
- Addressed an issue where users can’t ask the board to upgrade Youth Recruitment to maximum level
- Addressed an issue where the Team Instructions will disappear when users change formation via the Formation dropdown menu in Tactics
- Fixed an issue where Wing Play and Route One tactical styles are missing from the Tactical Style dropdown menu in Tactics
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to unlock the ‘On Top of the World’ achievement on Microsoft Store

Well this is super frustrating. Is SI just doubling down on not telling player base what the changes are? 

I guess you can't critique a change if you don't know what it is? 

Tbh this is 1st year when I've really started to dive into forums and feedback but this is incredibly disheartening. Just feels like we're yelling at a wall. 

Still too many shots hitting the woodwork, one game I had 6 between the 2 teams, your lucky if you hit the woodwork twice in four games.

Interactions are still a nonsense, a player has player poorly for 3 games averaging around 6.5 and I warn him his recent for needs to improve if he wants to stay in the team, he then goes in a strop saying he's been playing well and won't accept my criticism, so I drop him for a few games and he's not happy, tough **** mate.

What the hell has happened to the shooting since the last patch, the version of the game is becoming unbearable now, like last years game I've struggled to enjoy it and barely get through a full season before I give it a miss for a few weeks. Add in stupid defensive errors, terrible passing, wingers/wingbacks who do not go to the byline and cross the ball, instead stop and cut back and constant passing back and sideways when there's a pass forward available. Players playing really badly and are about 6.3 suddenly score and the jump up to a 7.3, because of one goaldoesn't hide the fact he was crap for 60 mins prior and was about to be hooked.

Edited by jc1