*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minuti fa, Mitza ha scritto:

Every year there's a few people complaining about too many injures blaming it on SI.

I think it's perfectly fine, maybe your tactics/intensity/rotation/staff/training is at play, or sometimes you're just unlucky. I peronsally experienced a very normal amount of injuries in 20+ seasons this year

Notice the slide on the right and how many more than this screen there was, it was a constant wave of injuries one after the other. I struggled to find a working eleven despite a 26 (plus youngsters) players team, with many times injuries piling up on the same role (twice i had all three AMC out of commission).

I don't consider this "normal" by any means.

Edit: just noticed that i'm the only club in the new season with injuries in the first team and it's 1st july lmao.

Immagine.png

Edited by DMaster2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DMaster2:

Lmao apparently there is only one professional team in the whole europe, so if it happens to Liverpool then whatever is fine. There are plenty of IRL teams with far less amount of injuries in the last 2 years than what i sustained my last season.

As for your questions, 60% on training 40% during games. I check out players before every match and rotate out those with low fitness or high injury risk (apparently it's not enough since they keep getting injured anyway...), training workload is set on normal for every player except for preseason where it's a bit higher on strenght workout.

Dont know what you speak about - over a Season a team in a major national league and european competiton pretty much never has allways the then optimal first eleven at the start, that is simply not realistic.

Ofc they play quite a lot with barely fit players that the medics barely brought back from the samller fatigue and stress injuries but that does not mean they should play or play at thier best level.

FM was as long as i remember completely unrealistic in this!

4 minuti fa, Etebaer ha scritto:

Dont know what you speak about - over a Season a team in a major national league and european competiton pretty much never has allways the then optimal first eleven at the start, that is simply not realistic.

Ofc they play quite a lot with barely fit players that the medics barely brought back from the samller fatigue and stress injuries but that does not mean they should play or play at thier best level.

FM was as long as i remember completely unrealistic in this!

Except my team wasn't competing in europe and was mostly playing once per week. I've posted above the screen of the medical centre of my team in my last season (italian serie b) which should say a lot more than a thousand words.

On 12/02/2023 at 13:48, Domoboy23 said:

I personally don't find the numbers of headers excessive. Lofted balls from players from odd positions sometimes when they'd normally drive them low? Maybe on occasion, but nothing startling.

In real life, top teams are averaging under 30 total headers per match. In my FM save, my games have anywhere from 60-120 headers per match. That's at least twice as many as real life. To me, that's a startling difference that is impossible to ignore. This is especially true when I have diminutive inverted wingers attempting 8-10 headers per match.

12 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

The intensity is set on normal and my assman is taking care of the training routine. So it should be fine and the problem lies on the frequency or it's still screwed up and SI needs to fix the default schedule. Either way they screwed up on something

Could also be a physio/sports science issue as well, a lot of small moving part to make everything go.  
Can always submit it as a bug, could be something thats happening only in certain situations and the like.

1 minuto fa, Jellico73 ha scritto:

Could also be a physio/sports science issue as well, a lot of small moving part to make everything go.  
Can always submit it as a bug, could be something thats happening only in certain situations and the like.

Both my physios and sport scientists are top notch (the worst physio have 18 and the 2 scientists are 18 the head and 16 the other). Already opened up a post in the bug tracker btw.

3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

A question for those with 23- have the issues with B teams (players not realising they were in a b team and asking for contract statuses like Important Player when it came to negotiations, staff never wanting to renew contracts etc) been solved?

Yeah my experience so far is that this seems to have been fixed. Newgens a little demanding at times though.

50 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Dear SI,

Please in the winter update fix the stupid shot deflecting off a defender high into the air and conveniently into the keeper's arms, just far too much. 

Yes this happens like 10 times or more every single game. Far from realistic.

I'd like contract negotiations and DoFs to be reworked a bit, for important signings I can never use the DoF because he will always fail to offer the players wages they will accept, and if I manage it myself I will eventually just make a big mess and ruin the club.

The squad planner adds random players into it which completely defeats the purpose of using it at all.
Promises are weird. I sold one of my leftbacks on deadline day and immediately my squad rioted because we had too few leftbacks. I promised them I'd get them a new one soon, and signed another guy 1 hour later but apparently my promise was for me to sign a new one in the next transfer window, so they all had "OK" morale for half a season even though I had done exactly as I promised.

On 14/02/2023 at 12:18, Mitza said:

Every year there's a few people complaining about too many injures blaming it on SI.

I think it's perfectly fine, maybe your tactics/intensity/rotation/staff/training is at play, or sometimes you're just unlucky. I peronsally experienced a very normal amount of injuries in 20+ seasons this year

Aren't the injuries in only about 70% of what they are in real life? I'm sure it was that a few FMs back.

4 hours ago, Choi seung won said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When do you expect the winter update to be?

This is exactly the problem we have already discussed in this topic. The SI doesn't tell us, the players, what they're working on or when they're planning patches. It's sad.

17 minutes ago, Caletti said:

This is exactly the problem we have already discussed in this topic. The SI doesn't tell us, the players, what they're working on or when they're planning patches. It's sad.

They always update the game late feb/early march and in the last 2 or 3 years they split the update in 2.

So not too long now... although it did pass a long time since the last update 

1 hour ago, balldoktor81 said:

has any one else the same feeling that we already are playing with a different ME...? or maybe it's because i'm watching the games in full highlight mode now.... either way it makes a ton of difference watching the whole match.

Nah the ME is the same sine December, but yeah watching full matches does make a difference in terms of your understanding of how the game is panning out

3 hours ago, Caletti said:

So let's imagine they do.  They tell you it's going to be out on some specific date.  Something comes up in final testing that needs addressing, because it would make the product actively regress, so they postpone.  Do you honestly believe that news would be greeted in a level-headed way?  Can you see why they might not like to say exactly when something will release when they don't even know for sure themselves?

58 minutes ago, forameuss said:

So let's imagine they do.  They tell you it's going to be out on some specific date.  Something comes up in final testing that needs addressing, because it would make the product actively regress, so they postpone.  Do you honestly believe that news would be greeted in a level-headed way?  Can you see why they might not like to say exactly when something will release when they don't even know for sure themselves?

I think the full game wasn't ready for release either and it was released. I'm not talking about a specific date, they could mention for example that a patch will be released in late February or early March where they will try to improve the defense phase. At the moment it looks like I'm not playing because in my opinion there are too many bugs in the defense phase and I'm waiting for a patch that I don't know what will fix or when it will come out. My only guess is that the patch will come out in late February or early March. They don't talk with players. This is my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

4 minutes ago, Caletti said:

I think the full game wasn't ready for release either and it was released. I'm not talking about a specific date, they could mention for example that a patch will be released in late February or early March where they will try to improve the defense phase. At the moment it looks like I'm not playing because in my opinion there are too many bugs in the defense phase and I'm waiting for a patch that I don't know what will fix or when it will come out. My only guess is that the patch will come out in late February or early March. They don't talk with players. This is my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

What isn't "an opinion" is one of the clear reasons why they don't communicate those things, because it would be a stupid idea to do so for absolutely no benefit other than appeasing people who - since you've admitted - aren't playing anyway.

43 minutes ago, Caletti said:

for example that a patch will be released in late February or early March where they will try to improve the defense phase

That’s a terrible idea in my opinion because they’re going to please everyone. Let’s say for example they talked about what they were working on and improving defensive phase wasn’t one of them, what would you do?

Everyone already knows the first patch comes late February and the final update around mid March

26 minutes ago, DarJ said:

That’s a terrible idea in my opinion because they’re going to please everyone. Let’s say for example they talked about what they were working on and improving defensive phase wasn’t one of them, what would you do?

Everyone already knows the first patch comes late February and the final update around mid March

I wouldn't do anything. I could only complain.

It's a similar situation when they announce news in new editions of the game. Is everyone happy? NO!

I'm just talking about some transparency and interaction with players.

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

What isn't "an opinion" is one of the clear reasons why they don't communicate those things, because it would be a stupid idea to do so for absolutely no benefit other than appeasing people who - since you've admitted - aren't playing anyway.

If only there weren't other developers that release roadmaps, we all could agree it couldn't be done, but there are such developers...

1 hour ago, Caletti said:

I'm just talking about some transparency and interaction with players

That's a fair point. I think the problem is that SI don't see themselves as a traditional gaming company (they have not said this it's just my opinion) and because of that even their marketing and promotion of the game is weird. You'll hear people saying that your typically FM player is not a traditional gamer and they just play football manager and although it could be true, SI need to look at what other companies are doing right and try to implement them

27 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

If only there weren't other developers that release roadmaps, we all could agree it couldn't be done, but there are such developers...

Roadmaps are not the same thing.  They'd be for far more general things, and to be honest I'm not really seeing what benefit you'd get from it anyway.  I'd rather those that actually had the internal views of such things actually concentrated on achieving them, rather than sanitised the roadmaps they almost certainly have for public use.

This is talking about putting a date or a guarantee of content about a specific release.  Given how easy this community is to hype rile up, that would be incredibly hard to come out of the other side without disappointment.  It also doesn't really add much.  They presumably have an idea of when an update is to be released and what's to be in it.  Is there any measurable positive to telling someone it's going to be out on the 43rd of Julember, and it then coming out on that day, when it would have anyway?  Content is more woolly, but is also far more dangerous to talk about considering that things can - and do - change, and that SI's perspective on certain adjustments often differs to the individual user.  

I'm all for clearer communication (although I completely understand why there's less of it), but to expect them to offer their necks for everyone to almost inevitably stamp over for no real personal benefit is always going to lead to disappointment.

31 minutes ago, DarJ said:

That's a fair point. I think the problem is that SI don't see themselves as a traditional gaming company (they have not said this it's just my opinion) and because of that even their marketing and promotion of the game is weird. You'll hear people saying that your typically FM player is not a traditional gamer and they just play football manager and although it could be true, SI need to look at what other companies are doing right and try to implement them

Their audience is different, but they're a traditional yearly-release sports game company, making a yearly-release sports game with the ultra-predictable lifecycle of every other yearly-release sports game.  They're more ethical than Take-2/2K Sports, but many of the problems are similar. 

On 14/02/2023 at 12:27, Overmars said:

In real life, top teams are averaging under 30 total headers per match. In my FM save, my games have anywhere from 60-120 headers per match. That's at least twice as many as real life. To me, that's a startling difference that is impossible to ignore. This is especially true when I have diminutive inverted wingers attempting 8-10 headers per match.

In my season just concluded, the top team in the league averaged 107.5 headers per game; the bottom team averaged 82.5.  Looking at a league with much higher technical levels, the team with the most headers averaged 64.5/game.  Still too many, but a noticeable difference.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

5 minutes ago, Caletti said:

But the defender behaviour is awful! He start running too late.

If you watch the EFL highlights tomorrow you will see about 20-25 goals like that across the divisions. It's a ball into a channel behind the defender. The defender starts running at the same time, he is simply just too slow?

38 minutes ago, Caletti said:

But the defender behaviour is awful! He start running too late.

Well, I'm playing in the Vanarama National, so I wouldn't expect super defenders. However, in this case the defender in question is Ryan Bennett.

AbR3t9T.pngN9Q56jx.png

4 pace and 4 acceleration is the answer there. He is just very slow both at starting and top speed. Why do you think I had my 12 acceleration and 11 pace striker up there and set a more direct play? ;) I don't want to have physical duels against this guy, my poor strikers would lose every single one, our only option was long balls, and my striker scored two.

That said, the post was more intent on showing the excellent finishing rather than explain the tactics behind it.

39 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

If you watch the EFL highlights tomorrow you will see about 20-25 goals like that across the divisions. It's a ball into a channel behind the defender. The defender starts running at the same time, he is simply just too slow?

Bang on.

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well, I'm playing in the Vanarama National, so I wouldn't expect super defenders. However, in this case the defender in question is Ryan Bennett.

AbR3t9T.pngN9Q56jx.png

4 pace and 4 acceleration is the answer there. He is just very slow both at starting and top speed. Why do you think I had my 12 acceleration and 11 pace striker up there and set a more direct play? ;) I don't want to have physical duels against this guy, my poor strikers would lose every single one, our only option was long balls, and my striker scored two.

That said, the post was more intent on showing the excellent finishing rather than explain the tactics behind it.

Do you think that faster defenders are in most cases just better? In example a faster defender with lower technicals in comparision to a defender with high technicals but slower pace and acceler.

Also, what kind of player traits work very well in general this year?