*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

Is anyone else getting a flashing 2d ME behind the inbetween hightlights panels? Only happens whilst waiting for highlights - constant flashing of the pitch.

Any suggestions?

Yep I'm getting it. 

What you need to do is open steam, right click on FM, properties and in the General box type in --disable_flip_discard 

That should do the trick. If it doesn't, lower the refresh rate of your computer. 

If neither of those options work, change your skin. Changing the skin was the last resort for me and since I've changed to a different one, it's fixed it. I would recommend WTC skin.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone experience the issue below for the custom skins?

After the update, conditions at the bottom line-up panel are not updated during the match; meaning they all stay as green hearts no matter the clock is. I need to enter into tactics and return to the match screen again to see them updated.

6 minutes ago, Murtiniiii said:

Yep I'm getting it. 

What you need to do is open steam, right click on FM, properties and in the General box type in --disable_flip_discard 

That should do the trick. If it doesn't, lower the refresh rate of your computer. 

If neither of those options work, change your skin. Changing the skin was the last resort for me and since I've changed to a different one, it's fixed it. I would recommend WTC skin.

Thanks for the info. I use my own custom skin so will have to delve into fixing it if that’s the issue. Will try other options first.

21 hours ago, jdubsnz said:

not sure if this sort of thing is a bug, but both the board and fans want to see Pepe make his debut? he's been at the club 4 seasons, just was out on loan last season?

Screenshot_20221202_211250.thumb.png.3d66e5ceb3bc943555440c2246f80932.png

I would say that's a bug, however it's probably because it would be a debut in the Super Cup not debut in general, though that isn't what the text says, and frankly unless Pepe has beastly stats from his loan spell, not sure why he would be a player they want to see play so much. So definitely looks like an issue somewhere.

39 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

This really shouldn’t be possible after four seasons in game! 

7A30C05E-3D5B-471B-90C0-9E3393511E5E.jpeg

Tell that to the likes of Leipzig, Leicester, Luton, Salford, Brighton and co....

Also... bit hard to take your concerns seriously when you have the highest potential player in the game in your side...

12 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Why is there no cancel shout button?

So many times I click encourage or praise and we get a highlight before it gets cleared and we concede...

Stop the game. Go to tactics. There is a cancel button. Hit it; shout will not apply.

7 hours ago, mozza79 said:

is there any way of not having the game automatically accepting the club offering you a new contract whilst you are in holiday mode? can't understand why it isn't one of the tick box options in there when you are selecting to holiday.

I suggest that you raise this in the Feature Requests forum.

After playing fair amount of matches in the new patch this is my review 

Pros :

- Defense fixed, still see 1 or 2 goals from GK kick to the striker but its very rare.

- Long shots! see some lovely goals from long shots and I think its balanced well.

- Crosses are much improved 

- Headers from strikers improved a lot

- Seeing some lovely through balls from the middle

Cons :

- 3D lags, still cannot believe at this stage of the year that most of us getting lags in the 3D, crashes  and high percentage of GPU 

- IF/IW not cutting enough to their strong foot or make enough dribbles , this is an issue from FM 22 (although in FM23 its better).

- Player values is super high especially after 1st season, literality every B+ player is worth over 150m

Overall its really decent ME, i hope SI can found a solution to the 3D lag before the winter patch.

Edited by GOODNAME

The Clauses tab in Transfers mainly shows Sell On clauses. It would be more useful to have all clauses, or at least all the clauses relating transfers, such as relegation release clauses, minimum fee release clauses and so on.

Not necessary feedback but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or had any points or tips with this years game? Outside of my standard beta save with Celtic which I won the treble with, I'm massively struggling.

I'm having consistent issues with winning games, either we're getting absolutely hammered or dominating but still loosing. This isn't a rant or a dig at the game, as I know loads of others are having success so I know I'm doing something wrong, I just can't for the live of me work out what.

I don't want the game to become a chore where I need to essentially go away and study tactics/formations/training schedules in the hope to come back to the game with success, but perhaps some basics that can point me in the right direction? 

Seems a lot are having this issue, signed up as I’ve been enjoying FM23, ME seemed great and I had to really tweak my tactics this year (ended up with a double pivot which I’ve not had for about ten years!)

Unfortunately since the update the other day my game is incredibly laggy, borderline unplayable. Matches take forever, the animations are woeful and the processing time outside of games is awful. Everything feels way clunkier and slower as well. I’ve checked and it’s saying my computers graphics capability is 1 star (it was 5 previously) - I’m on Game Pass by the way, can’t seem to find a fix for it? Is there anything I could try? Thanks in advance!

39 minutes ago, ScottishFM said:

Not necessary feedback but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or had any points or tips with this years game? Outside of my standard beta save with Celtic which I won the treble with, I'm massively struggling.

I'm having consistent issues with winning games, either we're getting absolutely hammered or dominating but still loosing. This isn't a rant or a dig at the game, as I know loads of others are having success so I know I'm doing something wrong, I just can't for the live of me work out what.

I don't want the game to become a chore where I need to essentially go away and study tactics/formations/training schedules in the hope to come back to the game with success, but perhaps some basics that can point me in the right direction? 

Open  thread in the Tactics forum and give details of your formation, roles, team and player instructions and the guys in there can offer some help.

It is rather disappointing that we can not see appearnces for a second team on the squad page for the second team. I do wonder if this is an issue with having a second team competing in their own league.

For an U19s team you can select Youth Team Selection Info and see player's appearances for the U19s

image.png.03753e9f3dc8224dfb930709151b7294.png

There is no such thing for the second team. I end up with the following confusion:

(players highlighted) Bence Varkonyi has actually played 8 times for MTK II but because he has played for my first team I only see that he made 1 sub appearance.

Krisztian Nemeth is a regular first teamer that I made available for the MTK II squad after injury but his appearnces make it seem he's played 13 games for the MTK II

Asante Kwadwo is firmly MTK II material, and back up there. This is one player that has his appearnances for the team I am looking at correct. Because he hasn't played for the first team.

image.thumb.png.4e2cc155437866573180a30a73938806.png

I just want to see performances for MTK II only.

I believe there used to be an option to select the team played for.

On the main squad screen I can select appearnces for NB II (my main division) and the Hungarian Cup

image.png.a562ba9e266b074d0c9d97e36a47f3d2.png

On the MTK II squad screen there is no option to selct their league - NB III. Selecting league still shows confusing appearances.

image.png.d277f7290ac38bfa87f49460e6f09be7.png

I think I might add this to the bug forum on consideration. I wasn't sure if I'd class it strictly as a bug, being as it is more design choice, but I suspect if there is a QA record then it might be pushed to be altered. As I said, above, it might be because I have MTK II competing in a league. Maybe if it is just an U21 I could see appearances that make more sense.

Edited by anagain

3 hours ago, rrowe91 said:

Seems a lot are having this issue, signed up as I’ve been enjoying FM23, ME seemed great and I had to really tweak my tactics this year (ended up with a double pivot which I’ve not had for about ten years!)

Unfortunately since the update the other day my game is incredibly laggy, borderline unplayable. Matches take forever, the animations are woeful and the processing time outside of games is awful. Everything feels way clunkier and slower as well. I’ve checked and it’s saying my computers graphics capability is 1 star (it was 5 previously) - I’m on Game Pass by the way, can’t seem to find a fix for it? Is there anything I could try? Thanks in advance!

Yeah 100s are experiencing this . Log it in  bugs section with your dxdiag

Edited by prot651

13 hours ago, craiigman said:

I would say that's a bug, however it's probably because it would be a debut in the Super Cup not debut in general, though that isn't what the text says, and frankly unless Pepe has beastly stats from his loan spell, not sure why he would be a player they want to see play so much. So definitely looks like an issue somewhere.

Yeah, thought so. He also annoyingly is refusing any moves to other clubs!

13 hours ago, Welshace said:

Tell that to the likes of Leipzig, Leicester, Luton, Salford, Brighton and co....

Also... bit hard to take your concerns seriously when you have the highest potential player in the game in your side...

How do people even sign Endrick? I’m playing an Arsenal save and he constantly refuses to come. A mate is playing a Man U save and he gets the same thing. Yet I see lots of people signing him with much lower profile teams?

2 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

How do people even sign Endrick? I’m playing an Arsenal save and he constantly refuses to come. A mate is playing a Man U save and he gets the same thing. Yet I see lots of people signing him with much lower profile teams?

It is pretty hard to understand how and why he would sign for  mid table SPL club without some outside help.

After the update, I have some flickering on my screen and only during matches and flickering happens only on the match screen, not on the whole background.

Does anyone have the fix for this?

I am playing on my HP laptop I5 core with intel HD 3000 graphics.

44 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

Playing as Arsenal too. He wouldn't even speak to me until he turned 18. We'd also just won the league so that may have helped too. Got him for £15m.

15 hours ago, Murtiniiii said:

Yep I'm getting it. 

I am just seeing this.

The first step, didnt work for me.

The others, didnt try but will later.

i have only played a couple of matches... but i also start to believe and see much less "chaos" on the pitch after the last update and too high passing %... not only for CB's... i guess more fine tuning is needed.... have to play at least 10-20 more matches to confirm the trend... the "chaos" is somehow gone...  as of now i wish i could undo the update... seems like it went from one extrem (maybe too much chaos...people were complainig about not being able to play possession football...to the other extreme... way too high passing % and less chaos... i don't like the current state of th ME... fun is gone....

image.thumb.png.d48119f61fe449a2f961d0044cd7d969.png

image.thumb.png.7add5c9417032ccf8a0bb6cfd9e2e020.png

Edited by balldoktor81

18 hours ago, Hibs1875 said:

This really shouldn’t be possible after four seasons in game! 

7A30C05E-3D5B-471B-90C0-9E3393511E5E.jpeg

How did you manage to sign Endrick?

Regardless, I give myself realism when I play, Hibs in real life couldn't sign a talent all the major clubs are after so why even attempt to sign a 16 year old wonderkid if it lets you?

1 hour ago, Flohrinho said:

I wish SI would wake up to the fact that implementing a "chose your answer" interaction system is impossibly to implement in a meaningful way. In some cases it works without causing too much of a hick up, but in 75% of all cases, none of the answer fit to anything that I would choose to say in real life. So all I can rely on is my experience of what answer either causes the least upset or gets the result I want to achieve, but it feels like I always have to work against the system. The problem with the interaction system from a game enjoyment point is that at best it's just immersion breaking, at worst it manages to get me angry at the game for being completely illogical or completely missing any context in which the conversation has taken place.

My advice. Strip it out completely. Make it simple again, let us make up the reasons and conversations in our own head if we want to or simply take it as is. A player wants to leave? Just notify us, give us the option of "grant wish", "try to convince him to stay", "deny talking to him". After you chose an option, you simply get an answer like "still wants to leave", "isn't happy about your decision but agrees to stay", "agrees to stay if you offer an improved contract". Something along those lines, no fake conversations where none of the answers I can give fits to what I would say, or sometimes don't even fit the situation or what the player has said to you. It's also easier for you to bug fix and maintain.

You can go with other interactions in the same direction, the "choose your answer" stuff simply isn't working. It never has and never will unless you can mirror human conversation to a reasonable degree.

Yeah really good point - less is more when it comes so simulating human behaviors. Best to keep it as generic as possible and leave the rest to our imagination. 

1 hour ago, dannyfc said:

Yeah really good point - less is more when it comes so simulating human behaviors. Best to keep it as generic as possible and leave the rest to our imagination. 

Imagination was what got me into FM (CM) 20+ years ago. Commentary only was all that was needed. In many ways (lots actually) it is still better than dots and stick men. At least you can’t see perceived ME flaws 😉

Fully agree that interactions need a rethink. Less is more. Generic gives room for imagination.

54 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Away from the annoyances on the pitch, I can't believe that managers from a loanee's parent club will still recall someone that I'm playing in a full back role instead of a wing back.

Get in the sea.  

I had one recall a player because I was playing him as an AF and not a DLF...

The FM 2023 version is still the best ever...

Every year the same situation happens: The beta version is released in a very good way, with the game showing the features working perfectly.

This year was the same thing, I loved seeing that more technical players, with better finishing power on goal, players with more determination, faster players and goalkeepers with better positive attributes really demonstrate this during the game.

I'm enjoying seeing many free kicks, many goals from the corner (in this last patch), more varied VAR in events as well as I'm enjoying seeing less penalties and more additions during games (something that happens a lot in reality, World Cup world of 2023).

This version is very well optimized in the screen flows, in the tactical part (teams respond to training), players respond to individual attributes for example: shooting more, passing shorter, attacking movement or staying in position. The game is more balanced when using different methods: pressing, possession or attacking vertically. The machine is also smarter, both in the transfer system and during ME. I have noticed that after the last patch the movement of the defenders is very good (who used to always run after very slow attackers or defenders in real life, managed to run after fast attackers, which was a mistake).

At the same time, I still realize that there are a lot of passes coming from the defense directly to the attacker, just as I am not liking the absurd amount of balls on the crossbar, in the beta version I noticed more ball dispute, whether in the midfield or in the third. In the end, I believe this would give much more realism and fidelity to the game.

Regarding ME, I was quite sad with this last patch, I have a machine that is supposed to run FM 2023 perfectly, as I see several people here on the forum saying the same thing.
There is a major Game-Windows-Nvidia incompatibility as well as Intel (there was a major windows update this week to resolve this). At first I thought that the lags (stuttering) were in stadiums with their maximum capacity being demonstrated or specific stadium models, then I saw, like other people here, that the problem was in night games and mainly in stadiums with electronic advertising boards . Before this patch in the very low or very high settings, games in stadiums with electronic advertising boards showed a lot of stutter in ME but other stadiums were perfect, fully working. After the patch, both very low and very high, caused lags in all types of stadiums, a gross error that seems not to have been tested by Sigames. Luckily, members here on the forum discovered that some Nvidia settings being assigned improved these lags (I had noticed this at FM 2021, and I managed to adjust it by looking at Gamers settings on Youtube to stop the lags, which happened at certain times when the camera expanded). In this version I managed to solve it by putting the code --disable_flip_discard.

I'm still waiting for a hot fix for this year and at the same time I'm very pleased that Sigames members are here keeping an eye on what we report, being much closer to us consumers. This forum here has the solution of several problems in FM, the reports help to make the game even better.

I think I am done with the Football Manager series now. I've really tried to reignite my passion for the series, but the years of constantly paying 30/40 pounds for what are essentially unfinished games has taken a toll on my interest and passion for it, especially when the subsequent updates never sort anything, if at all. I was initially really excited to try the new match engine with fixes for the ridiculous long balls and various other issues. I was quite optimistic, but the match engine just has so many other issues that have popped up in its place. Solve one problem and other problems pop up. It's properly worn me down. Best of luck with the game everyone, it's beaten me down and I've got no desire to play it anymore. :(

Edited by cpfcrebel

5 hours ago, Flohrinho said:

I wish SI would wake up to the fact that implementing a "chose your answer" interaction system is impossibly to implement in a meaningful way. In some cases it works without causing too much of a hick up, but in 75% of all cases, none of the answer fit to anything that I would choose to say in real life. So all I can rely on is my experience of what answer either causes the least upset or gets the result I want to achieve, but it feels like I always have to work against the system. The problem with the interaction system from a game enjoyment point is that at best it's just immersion breaking, at worst it manages to get me angry at the game for being completely illogical or completely missing any context in which the conversation has taken place.

My advice. Strip it out completely. Make it simple again, let us make up the reasons and conversations in our own head if we want to or simply take it as is. A player wants to leave? Just notify us, give us the option of "grant wish", "try to convince him to stay", "deny talking to him". After you chose an option, you simply get an answer like "still wants to leave", "isn't happy about your decision but agrees to stay", "agrees to stay if you offer an improved contract". Something along those lines, no fake conversations where none of the answers I can give fits to what I would say, or sometimes don't even fit the situation or what the player has said to you. It's also easier for you to bug fix and maintain.

You can go with other interactions in the same direction, the "choose your answer" stuff simply isn't working. It never has and never will unless you can mirror human conversation to a reasonable degree.

Aren't the answers you get to choose just simple answers with a flourish provided by the devs? It probably is true that sometimes they don't make sense but even if you stick to simple answers - and let the user use their imagination - then you'll have answers that probably don't fit.

It's the behind the scenes that needs tidying up. There are some strange responses in the game. I have said before that I would be happy to see SI take one year's release to just work on all the systems that are currently in game and tidy them up to the best possible state they can be. By all means work on the match engine, because progress there has been great, but all the time they add new features they introduce more that needs polish.

But it's not the answers that are the problem. Whether you or SI provide the imagination with the text it is the answers in the background that matter.

Where there may be issue is with understanding the responses. I have asked before, "what does player conduct include?". To be honest, I still don't really know exactly what it covers.

Plus, I will reiterate what has been said by a number of devs, and other users, here. If you think the answers are wrong then bug it. The more sources of issue thata re bugged the more SI can improve the system.

I believe 'tidying up' most refer to  game developers looking forward for their next game about reputation&promotion. While I like some interraction with players and agents I go forward and say even tactical instructions should be simpler. We are playing against AI afterall.

On 02/12/2022 at 20:47, Daz2205 said:

Credit to @fc.cadoniwith the tech help:

Right click on Football Manager 2023 on Steam > Properties > Launch Options

--disable_flip_discard

In NVIDIA Control Panel

Low Latency Mode - Ultra
Threaded Optimization - On
Triple Buffering - Off
Vertical Sync - Off

Sorry to qouting you, but I saw you tried to help someone. I dont find those options in NVIDIA control panel. I added the screenshot how does mine control panel look. Can you or anyone help me ?

problem.png

16 minutes ago, blejdek said:

Sorry to qouting you, but I saw you tried to help someone. I dont find those options in NVIDIA control panel. I added the screenshot how does mine control panel look. Can you or anyone help me ?

problem.png

On the left panel, go to tje 2nd option, then you will have to look for those options in your native language.

Tried that but it did not work for me.

41 minutes ago, blejdek said:

problem.png

Yeah, as mentioned above by pedrosantos, on the left, second option down then on that screen you'll see options for "Global Settings" and "Program Settings" > Click Program settings and navigate to your Football Manager.exe

11 minutes ago, Daz2205 said:

Yeah, as mentioned above by pedrosantos, on the left, second option down then on that screen you'll see options for "Global Settings" and "Program Settings" > Click Program settings and navigate to your Football Manager.exe

Well, I've updated steam and reinstall fm23, the command line --disable_flip_discard is active on properties and it seems its working fine. I did not edit any nvdia options.

Edited by pedrosantos

1 hour ago, pedrosantos said:

Well, I've tried all tips, the --disable cmd, the settings on nvdia control panel, refreshment rate, nothing works :( quite disappoiting. Moving on to fm22.

Try this

In Nvidia control panel :

Low Latency Mode - Ultra
Threaded Optimization - On
Triple Buffering - Off
Vertical Sync - Off
Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Lunch options :

image.png.329890ba79997fda84efdcfe901abd77.png

Why is the ME so laggy after the update, it totally bugs me out and makes me wanna go back to FM 22 because I can't fix it. My computer literally runs Elden Ring without a stutter but can't run a FM match without stuttering.

I did not have this problem before the update everything ran smoothly. God I'm so annoyed this low grade graphical game is this badly optimized in 2022, sort it out SI ! 

OK, i have seen this happen too much to think it is attribute related, this is definitely a bug. Sense of urgency of defenders and goalkeepers after they make a mistake is disgraceful. So yeah, GK wants to clear the ball from the edge of the box and by accident he hits the attacker with the ball, ball is loose, attacker is sprinting towards it and what does the GK do? He is fast walking BACKWARDS to it, every single time. And its not about GK only, DF does this a lot too. Sense of urgency after a player makes a mistake needs to be revorked ASAP, even when a GK parries the ball i have seen it so many times that attacker gets to that ball too many times even if its is closer to the GK by far.

Tell me i am not the only one that has this issue because if im not lets report this and demand it being solved cause im sick of it, its not realistic, its not immersive, its infuriating

Guys I don't know if anyone else is dealing with tha same issue but after the update it seems like defences are totally powerless. I manage Lyon not PSG, it is  unrealistic to score so many goals in every game. Also I bought a Croatian striker named Beljo and he has socred 22 goals in 20 matches so far, if this guy doesn't have the potential ability of Benzema I don't get how is it possible to score with that rate. Generally I feel that ME needs serious improvement in terms of defensive tactical behavior. 

Screenshot 2022-12-05 022901.jpg