*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jimpanzee said:

I'm enjoying this years FM - possibly more so than recent years. Yes, there are a few weird ME moments, but the game is very playable imo. I'm enjoying the new animations, scouting changes & tactics this year. I've enjoyed the challenge of trying to get a low block, low line tactic working. 

Same, FM23 is the version I've enjoyed the most since... I'd say probably 2020.

This came as something of a surprise, given we're in 5th, 3pts behind Southampton with a game in hand:

image.png.af92e3c48dcc1e809c21138af61fb1f6.png

(In my FM universe Southampton are actually good under Hasenhuttl)

Just about to play first match under the new ME - will be watching the defenders with interest.

Edited by rp1966

6 minutes ago, Daz2205 said:

Nope. Save game compatible 

Good since i have a good save going with Bayer Leverkusen, second after 22 games.

Edited by jlammi

Well yet again all these fixes but no fix for FA Trophy having replays for early rounds & semi finals still 2 legged.

Both of these rules no longer exist from this season onwards and have not been corrected.

How can something so easy to do as remove replays from rules and change semi finals to a single legs still not be fixed.

Yet we as users can easily correct it in pre game editor without it causing issues as done this my self and tested for 20 seasons when game was original realised. 

But when issued was raised in Bug Tracker on game release someone from SI says it not as easy as that to do, but as stated above that is how easy it is to do

Edited by andys7_3

The game won't start? Any ideas?

Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               fm [1608]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm
Identifier:            com.sigames.eur.FootballManager2023
Version:               23.2.0 (1771058)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-12-01 18:27:46.1596 +0000
OS Version:            macOS 12.6 (21G115)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        37D5263E-999D-F7CD-F528-C145E6497F2C

Sleep/Wake UUID:       52AA05B4-77B8-4A0C-8E7F-744888DB77C9

Time Awake Since Boot: 3800 seconds
Time Since Wake:       441 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        5  MainThrd

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

9 minutes ago, Kloppy said:

The game won't start? Any ideas?

Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               fm [1608]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm
Identifier:            com.sigames.eur.FootballManager2023
Version:               23.2.0 (1771058)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-12-01 18:27:46.1596 +0000
OS Version:            macOS 12.6 (21G115)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        37D5263E-999D-F7CD-F528-C145E6497F2C

Sleep/Wake UUID:       52AA05B4-77B8-4A0C-8E7F-744888DB77C9

Time Awake Since Boot: 3800 seconds
Time Since Wake:       441 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        5  MainThrd

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

I had a similar problem on Mac, and it down to having files in the views and filters folders, I moved them out and it loaded up…

1 minute ago, stevemc said:

I had a similar problem on Mac, and it down to having files in the views and filters folders, I moved them out and it loaded up…

Appreciate that I’ll give that a go. 

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Interesting which folder exactly is this?

Is it to difficult to just let people choose to update there gamepatch after season? Already thanks for ruining a great Champions League run and a winstreak of 29 games in the competition just because of a patch. Give people atleast a option to install the patch end of season

IGNORE: just a stupid Mac security thing, had to enable permissions for Steam in settings...

Anybody else having the disc write error below? Using a Mac. Can't install the update because of this, tried restarting steam/Mac/clearing cache/verifying game files, nothing seems to help.

image.thumb.png.00652462b8cb274722eb34c8a8dfaded.png

Edited by dkouv

4 minutes ago, romeluuu said:

Is it to difficult to just let people choose to update there gamepatch after season? Already thanks for ruining a great Champions League run and a winstreak of 29 games in the competition just because of a patch. Give people atleast a option to install the patch end of season

😂

8 minutes ago, stevemc said:

It’s the folder where the graphics, tactics, skins etc go, just an odd one and no idea why it did it but it worked when I removed them.

My game also takes forever to load but i don't find and files to remove in those folders 

Deletes your preferences and cache folders out of AppData/Sports Interactive.

Start the game, it will load very slowly.  When it finally loads, close it, then restart and it should be OK.

If you are using a custom skin the first time you try advancing the game might crash to desktop, but after a restart it will work fine.

If I had to guess its an issue with the update having conflicts with the prexisting preferences and cache, and it has to go to the process of rebuilding them.    

That seems to have worked for me so far...

Hey all. Ever since I've installed the latest patch my FM is just a black screen when trying to load. Anyone else getting this/any help? - Been stuck like it over 10 minutes now. I've closed and re loaded and it seems to be happening again. 

image.thumb.png.7e821b1c15605507b85a93bab93becbd.png

So I can instantly see that passing has reverted back to FM22 ME - ridiculously high passing accuracy stats and teams don't misplace one pass. Absolutely hate the update, would've preferred it stayed with the bugged version of the engine.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Emozil said:

Hey all. Ever since I've installed the latest patch my FM is just a black screen when trying to load. Anyone else getting this/any help? - Been stuck like it over 10 minutes now. I've closed and re loaded and it seems to be happening again. 

Can I ask, is this on a mac or PC?

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Even on "Meduim" settings on the 3D i get lags..

I cannot play the game really 

Try launching the game with this command line added and see if it does anything for you, we made a change which should for most people improve performance but its possible with certain graphics cards/drivers it could make things worse in theory.

--disable_flip_discard

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Emozil said:

PC with windows 11 installed (if that helps at all) 

I'd suggest trying to verify the game files or trying an uninstall/reinstall. What graphics card/chipset do you have? Just trying to narrow down what possible causes may be involved here.

4 minutes ago, EdL said:

Try launching the game with this command line added and see if it does anything for you, we made a change which should for most people improve performance but its possible with certain graphics cards/drivers it could make things worse in theory.

--disable_flip_discard

--disable_flip_discard

With "--"

Or not ?

Edited by GOODNAME

4 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

I'd suggest trying to verify the game files or trying an uninstall/reinstall. What graphics card/chipset do you have? Just trying to narrow down what possible causes may be involved here.

How do I find that? It's a good laptop, but I'm not that techy!

Just now, Daz2205 said:

To verify game - Steam > Game Name > Right Click > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files

Just done this and the game is loading fine now. 0 clue on what caused it, but at least it's fixed. Thanks all!